Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Actually now I want Dark Souls but in the Banjo-Kazooie world. Like you’re still Mr. or Ms. Dark Souls but you have Kazooie in your backpack and you can use her eggs as projectiles to beat up the bad guys while Gruntilda invades and kills you in rhymes.

Alternatively Dark Souls Pro Skater 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Actually now I want Dark Souls but in the Banjo-Kazooie world. Like you’re still Mr. or Ms. Dark Souls but you have Kazooie in your backpack and you can use her eggs as projectiles to beat up the bad guys while Gruntilda invades and kills you in rhymes.

Alternatively Dark Souls Pro Skater 2.

I mean, you already respawn with all your souls lost when you die in Tony Hawk.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

DQ gets started relatively quickly.

It just doesn’t really care about the main plot

DQ7 is famous for having 1-2 hours before the first battle, which is getting into Persona territory.

For the most part I'd say how long it takes the game to get into its core gameplay loop is more relevant than when the first fight occurs, and in this sense 11 is incredibly slow compared to games like 3 and 8. I'd say it kicks in around Hotto, and that's about 3 hours in.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Mega64 posted:

gently caress yeah, Tony Hawk confirmed for Smash, finally a good character.

Banjo being unexpectedly plausible is nice, but holy poo poo Tony Hawk in Smash would be amazing, and I support this lunacy 100%

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I remember dunking on my N64 friends because their versions of THPS didn’t have any lyrics to the music.

PlayStation did but not the full track list.

Dreamcast had them all though.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Can't wait for Banjo & Kazooie to fight Cloud Strife in a skate park with this song in the background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeNKhm09Q88

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

GoldenEye 007 James Bond for smash, except MGM won't license Pierce Brosnan's likeness so it's actually where they introduce the new actor who's going to replace Daniel Craig

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 24, 2018

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
banjo kansoie in smeush

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, if you do some digging, nintendo's Japanese site still has a functioning geocities-era n64 page, complete with a banjo-kazooie section.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nbkj/index.html

There was a banjo-kazooie themed train in japan as well.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

CommaToes posted:

So I bought a switch and got Mario Kart 8 and Overcooked 2 so I'd have something to play with my girlfriend, but I feel they're better served as multiplayer games.

Are there any good pick up and play for a little while and then put down type of games? Something where I can just play for a bit but still make progress? I realize this is a bit of a broad question, but I'd love suggestions.

Of course. And even the two lead titles (Mario Odyssey and Zelda: Breath of the Wild) are designed so you can get a power moon or two or find and complete a new shrine in about five minutes and then quit.

Other suggestions would include massochistic-difficulty platformers, notably Celeste and Super Meat Boy where completing a single level or screen is an achievement you may die a dozen or more times on, and bullet hells like Ikaruga (you will die lots). And gentle paced games like Stardew Valley.

Dead Cells is worth ten minute runs at a time of course. And you can do that in Hollow Knight.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Beastie posted:

I remember dunking on my N64 friends because their versions of THPS didn’t have any lyrics to the music.

What the gently caress? looool

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They had some lyrics but they were weirdly edited both for time (cartridge space 32mb vs CD space 700mb) and content (lol Nintendo) so they were weird Frankenstein versions of the songs you know and love.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I guess if there's one genre of top 40s music that wouldn't suffer too badly in a midi conversion, it's ska

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

They don't actually make any... like, kickstand replacements or stands or similar, do they? For some games at least I'm kinda liking propping it up on my desk (somehow besides that awful stand) and just lazily holding the joycons on the armrests. Absolute Minimum Effort :v:

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I finally got a subscription for the online stuff, and I went to look at my cloud saves, but a bunch of games are stuck on "waiting to back up." Is there a way to force it to happen?

Edit: Canceling and restarting the backup works, but it's kind of annoying that I have to do it for every game individually

404notfound fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 24, 2018

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Ciaphas posted:

They don't actually make any... like, kickstand replacements or stands or similar, do they? For some games at least I'm kinda liking propping it up on my desk (somehow besides that awful stand) and just lazily holding the joycons on the armrests. Absolute Minimum Effort :v:

Oh yeah, replacement

better than.

Wait until you try tate mode

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 24, 2018

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

Beastie posted:

Stardew, Mario Van Rabbids, Binding of Isaac, Dead Cells, Into the Breach, Golf Story.
Also: Risk of Rain

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Wandersong

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

American McGay posted:

They had some lyrics but they were weirdly edited both for time (cartridge space 32mb vs CD space 700mb) and content (lol Nintendo) so they were weird Frankenstein versions of the songs you know and love.

AND DON'T FORGET THE JOKER

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I just play Okami with a pro controller, since I figured out much like Wonderful 101 the brush moves are made to be able to pull off like fighting game inputs (but a bit less needlessly complicated).

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Speaking of Tate mode, is anyone else getting the Flip Grip? I'm stoked for it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Me even though I only really even have Ikaruga to play with it lol

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyElqZMPlEI

This was a neat couple-of-hours adventure game with some powerful voice acting and I hope it does well on the Switch

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Sakurazuka posted:

Me even though I only really even have Ikaruga to play with it lol

Danmaku Unlimited 3 rules and Downwell is also getting a port at some point with a vertical mode

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Heath posted:

Speaking of Tate mode, is anyone else getting the Flip Grip? I'm stoked for it.

Got it ordered, they said December i think.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

What's the best number of defense outposts on a planet in Starlink?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

bushisms.txt posted:

Oh yeah, replacement

better than.

Wait until you try tate mode

Thanks, got the better-than option on the way. :cheers:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

N64 mini confirmed?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Microsoft, put Viva Pinata: TiP on Switch, you cowards!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Liked those 90s FPS games? Then Ion Maiden (sic) is the ticket for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fswHlie81o

Coming sometime late 2019 on all platforms, including the Switch.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Oct 24, 2018

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Liked those 90s FPS games? Then Ion Maiden (sic) is the ticket for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fswHlie81o

Coming sometime late 2019 on all platforms, including the Switch.

Wow this looks legit awesome! I grew up loving 90s shooters so this is right up my alley.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I missed out on the Doom/Build engine shooters, but the Digital Foundry vids and interview made Ion Maiden look very compelling.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The Steam version has a preview campaign available, and if they manage to keep up the same level of quality for the full game it's going to be extremely good. It feels a lot like Blood with less hitscan bullshit.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Beastie posted:

What is even the loving point then

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

Beastie posted:

PlayStation did but not the full track list.

Dreamcast had them all though.

They did on THPS3 on N64 cuz they cut up the music into bite sized samples. And it's HILARIOUS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu1KM9HMpso

AND DON'T FORGET THE JOKER

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

The Steam version has a preview campaign available, and if they manage to keep up the same level of quality for the full game it's going to be extremely good. It feels a lot like Blood with less hitscan bullshit.

Is this free to try out, or do you have to preorder the game first on steam?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
What are the chances Dark Souls goes on sale in the next couple of months?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

BoyBlunder posted:

What are the chances Dark Souls goes on sale in the next couple of months?

Good?

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

RandomFerret posted:

GoldenEye 007 James Bond for smash, except MGM won't license Pierce Brosnan's likeness so it's actually where they introduce the new actor who's going to replace Daniel Craig

Super SMERSH Brothers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
holy poo poo capra demon and the run to it

getting chased down by 5 dogs and idk how many dudes

dogs block the way

you died