Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Avalerion posted:

I actually like Incineroar but Torracat's even better. Haunter would be my runner up, much cooler looking than Gengar.

This guy gets it. Torracat was robbed of a proper evolution.

Edit: That's a poor snipe. Have some Torracat greatness to celebrate.

Dienes fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Oct 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

So this happened.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1055082531429605376

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So is it an evolution or something like School Form?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I love that he becomes all big and buff but the small goofy head stays the same. I love him. I can't believe the loving FOOLS in the twitter replies that hate him

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Electric Phantasm posted:

It has its own name rather then "Something X" or "X Forme", so I guess its a full evolution. Its basically a "Magneton" but it really does evolve from several "Magnemite" evolving together.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Original form is whatever but buff golem looks cool and strong.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Zuzie posted:

It has its own name rather then "Something X" or "X Forme", so I guess its a full evolution. Its basically a "Magneton" but it really does evolve from several "Magnemite" evolving together.

Specifically it's a Pokémon Go original, you need 400 (:rolleyes:) Meltan candies to evolve him

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Electric Phantasm posted:

Well it has its own name and cry and they call it an evolution at least 4 times, so I'm guessing its an evolution.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Dienes posted:

Well it has its own name and cry and they call it an evolution at least 4 times, so I'm guessing its an evolution.

so it's a regional form right

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
So apparently this bad boy needs 400 Candies to Evolve in GO (They don't mention a way to evolve them in Let's GO), but there's special ways to get more candies, apparently. Hoping to get a boatload for trading to Let's Go.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

love the way the chamfered edge of the big hex nut gives the impression of pecs, very cool design

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Fancy Hat! posted:

So apparently this bad boy needs 400 Candies to Evolve in GO (They don't mention a way to evolve them in Let's GO), but there's special ways to get more candies, apparently. Hoping to get a boatload for trading to Let's Go.

So does this confirm what we already suspected about candies being made of Pokémon?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The official site posted:

Meet Melmetal, Meltan’s Evolved Form

We have now discovered that Meltan can evolve. Its Evolution is called Melmetal! This is the first Mythical Pokémon with the ability to evolve.

Name: Melmetal
Category: Hex Nut Pokémon
Type: Steel
Height: 8'02"
Weight: 1,763.7 lbs.

This is the first time that Melmetal has been seen in 3,000 years! In ancient times, this Pokémon was worshiped for its power to create metal.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Why are they leaving out cosmog & type null?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Avalerion posted:

Cosmog is legendary not mythical. Apparently those mean different things in the no doubt deep Pokemon lore

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Avalerion posted:

Those aren’t mythicals. The closest analogue is Phione/Manaphy but that only goes one way.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

E2M2 posted:

Oh dang didn't even see that, gonna have to write up something for one of those Genies.

I too like Wrasslebirb, at least in design. Code sent.

A reminded to everyone else, the Genie codes expire on Monday.

Kurieg posted:

It's time for :siren:Kurieg's absurdly overwrought pokemon giveaway!:siren: AKA why did I grab so many Tor/Thun codes they're expiring in a little over a week gently caress poo poo gently caress

I have 11 Tornadus/Thundrus Codes (which must be redeemed by 10/29/18!)
I have 15 Reshiram/Zekram Codes (which must be redeemed by 1/28/19)
Zeraora is sold out, sorry.
All codes are North American codes.
What will these codes get you?
Well I'm glad you asked because I spent 20 minutes putting together this stupid infographic

How do you get one of these codes?

For one of the paired codes write a paragraph or two on one of the following:
  • What's your favorite Fire/Rock/Fighting Type and why?
  • What's your favorite dual typed pokemon and why do you like that pairing of types?
  • What's your favorite digimon(I mean seriously, have you seen Zeraora?) and why?
  • What's the dumbest pokemon anime episode plot that you still unironically enjoyed?
  • Explain the craziest pokemon manga plot you can to the thread.
Or:
Draw a picture of your favorite pokemon being spooky (It is almost halloween after all) I don't care how good it is, but I'm expecting it to be amazingly awful/good

The wind genie codes will be released to the thread on the 27th if there are any left remaining. But the rest will go until they're gone.
:siren: Make sure to quote me indicating that you want Reshiram/Zekrom, or Tornadus/Thundrus like this

Kurieg posted:

For Tornadus: Draw a picture of your favorite pokemon being spooky (It is almost halloween after all) I don't care how good it is, but I'm expecting it to be amazingly awful/good
or this

Kurieg posted:

For Reshiram What's your favorite dual typed pokemon and why do you like that pairing of types?
cause otherwise I might lose it in the thread.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I'm disappointed that Meltan is mythical. Mostly because it means you can't breed it, or get it at a low level, so it's functionally worthless to actually play the game with.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hey, I'm looking for a specific series of Pokemon videos:

Just before the release of sun and moon someone made music videos for each of the different Pokemon types and they were all rad as hell, but I have NO idea who or where to find them beyond "they were on youtube".

Edit:

NEVERMIND I FOUND THEM! And they're still rad as heck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOftGM5rTyM&list=PL9YOAyQWF4HMi6iESo-QsqK_O5MrYToRB

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 24, 2018

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kurieg posted:

I'm disappointed that Meltan is mythical. Mostly because it means you can't breed it, or get it at a low level, so it's functionally worthless to actually play the game with.

It means I can't use it to beat the elite four in Let's Go. It's illegal to do so

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Avalerion posted:

Mythical Pokémon are the typical cute mascot Legendary ones (Mew, Celebie, etc) that they have in each gen and the others that are the joy given out in events (Gensect, Zeraora, etc).

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I am curious as to whether it will evolve normally in Let's Go or not, but since you can catch a functionally infinite amount of Meltan by continually transferring to that game I suppose it would only be a matter of patience. 400 is a lot though, I'm not even at 200 Magikarp Candy yet.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Alxprit posted:

I am curious as to whether it will evolve normally in Let's Go or not, but since you can catch a functionally infinite amount of Meltan by continually transferring to that game I suppose it would only be a matter of patience. 400 is a lot though, I'm not even at 200 Magikarp Candy yet.

According to Serebii, no, Meltan can only evolve in Go. You have to transfer Melmetal from Go to Let's Go.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Alxprit posted:

There are several Pokemon in Go that need 400. Magikarp and Feebas, also Wailmer I guess because he's so massive. It's annoying. They could eat least lower it down to 200, 400 is nonsense

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Hell.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I find Pokemon Go incredibly dull and repetitive so I don't play it myself, but thank goodness I have three close friends who play the poo poo out of it so I will at least have access to his Dex data that way.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

McDragon posted:

Goomy and Wartortle

what's people's gen IV evolutionary additions favourites? gotta be Yanmega for me

Togekiss and Roserade.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Blaze Dragon posted:

According to Serebii, no, Meltan can only evolve in Go. You have to transfer Melmetal from Go to Let's Go.

gently caress me, I guess I need to play Go.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Well, happy birthday to me. :wooper:

The dub title of the 2nd Pokemon movie, which also focused on Lugia, was "The Power of One". Deliberate callback?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I guess my main hope is that Meltan in-game don't have a ludicrously low catch rate and acquiring several dozen of them won't be an exercise in frustration like it was for the Beldum recently.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Could be a Victini situation where there's a limited and terrible event that let's you catch one at like level 15.

That it evolves with multiples of its own is gonna be weird in a proper 8th gen game, though.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i support meltan and big meltan

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Ignite Memories posted:

It is extremely important that everyone tell me their favorite stage-1 pokemon

*straightens tie, leans unbearably close to microphone*

S A N D S H R E W

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Jim the Nickel posted:

*straightens tie, leans unbearably close to microphone*

S A N D S H R E W

this is a good opinion

Joltik is also very good

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

So

Meltan is Go Exclusive

And you can’t bank Pokémon from Let’s Go, right?

So I can still feel fine about cancelling my let’s go preorder?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
No, you’ll always feel the shame from preordering it in the first place.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

less laughter posted:

No, you’ll always feel the shame from preordering it in the first place.

I wanted (still want) that drat pokeball controller :mad:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sockser posted:

I wanted (still want) that drat pokeball controller :mad:

You might as well get the only game that controller works with.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I certainly hope that Meltan and Melmetal become available in the main series games at some point. I don’t like the idea of certain pokemon being exclusive to certain games. Particularly if the games they are exclusive to are the ones I don’t play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Ariong posted:

I certainly hope that Meltan and Melmetal become available in the main series games at some point. I don’t like the idea of certain pokemon being exclusive to certain games. Particularly if the games they are exclusive to are the ones I don’t play.

You know it will be. As of now, I think of it as being a long term bit of marketing for the next set of games from the real series to come next year.