Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

my new dog posted:

holy poo poo capra demon and the run to it

getting chased down by 5 dogs and idk how many dudes

dogs block the way

you died

Did you open the shortcut?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

there's a trick to it basically. it's kinda game-y, i won't spoil it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

my new dog posted:

holy poo poo capra demon and the run to it

getting chased down by 5 dogs and idk how many dudes

dogs block the way

you died

Which bonfire are you going from?

From Firelink through the tunnel past the undead merchant you should only have the scrub Firelink hollows, a couple of ninjas and the two dogs just outside the fog gate to deal with.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I saw a thread title on era "Massive Smash Leak potentially reveals every character".

I'd ask to please not discuss that here. I didn't view the thread.

If you want to talk about it I'd request instead of spoiler tags please use a pastebin and clearly label you are linking to Smash spoiler discussion

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sakurazuka posted:

Which bonfire are you going from?

From Firelink through the tunnel past the undead merchant you should only have the scrub Firelink hollows, a couple of ninjas and the two dogs just outside the fog gate to deal with.

undead merchant you say. a different one from the one sitting on a roof whom i totally didnt kill? do i have to open the sewer gate somehow?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uh yeah looks like you haven't unlocked that shortcut yet sorry, I would explore some more first.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al Borland Corpse posted:

I saw a thread title on era "Massive Smash Leak potentially reveals every character".

If you want to talk about it I'd request instead of spoiler tags please use a pastebin and clearly label you are linking to Smash spoiler discussion

I mean, people are gonna come running in here to post about it without reading previous posts.

...I nearly did.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah I'm sure most will at least use tags. But I realize it's kind of futile to ask it but to be discussed since many won't even see that post

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Did anyone see that Smash leak just now, gotta admit Peyton Manning is an out-of-nowhere pick but

Oh

Oops

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mega64 posted:

Did anyone see that Smash leak just now, gotta admit Peyton Manning is an out-of-nowhere pick but

Oh

Oops

It's a Smashup! He's in a video game!

(I hate that loving commercial)

Gotta admit that Colin Kaepernick being an echo fighter of Payton is a bold move, though I do like that when he shields he takes a knee.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Oct 24, 2018

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I can't believe Bubsy got in!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Peyton Manning pre-frankenstein neck surgery will be unstoppable.

His echo, Broncos Peyton, has a weaker smash attack

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

I can't believe Bubsy got in!

People keep making this mistake but it was a typo from the leaker. It's not Bubsy, it's pre-code era filmmaker and choreographer Busby Berkeley

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm annoyed about the Buster Keaton snub myself

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You would think they could just make him an echo of Harold Lloyd

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ok you know what let's forget about smash and make our own fighting game with stars from vaudville, silent film, and early musicals. I'm talking Theda Bara, Fatty Arbuckle, Maud Allan, Lon Cheney. I bet their rights are just sitting there

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I main Groucho Marx

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'm not good enough with Photoshop to make a "Jon Burns the Hamburgers Again!" Smash reveal image :(

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I finally made it to another bonfire above some armorer! I've killed all the dudes in the church and am exploring. I discovered I can kill those skeletons in the cemetery now as well. I decided to see if I could fight a black knight yet and still got my rear end kicked.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Dark Souls on the Switch is the best thing even if it's just to hear people talk about their first playthrough :kimchi:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

CommaToes posted:

So I bought a switch and got Mario Kart 8 and Overcooked 2 so I'd have something to play with my girlfriend, but I feel they're better served as multiplayer games.

Are there any good pick up and play for a little while and then put down type of games? Something where I can just play for a bit but still make progress? I realize this is a bit of a broad question, but I'd love suggestions.

Super Mario Odyssey is great for this, I played it on short bus journeys collecting a moon or two and feeling some accomplishment even in that short time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im hype for washed up trash in smash.

Just kidding I wont ever buy a smash brothers game again.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Is there a thread for Valkyria Chronicles? Alternately anyone got a page number from this colossal thread I can start reading from? Thanks internet friends.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/TrineSeries/status/1055081770998251520

Surprise! If you thought Frozenbyte's Trine series was dead for good after the disastrous third installment, well, I don't fault you for thinking so.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

ManSedan posted:

Is there a thread for Valkyria Chronicles? Alternately anyone got a page number from this colossal thread I can start reading from? Thanks internet friends.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3869790&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I didn't even know there was a Trine 3.

I thought Trine 2 was pretty bad

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I was genuinely confused why they were jumping straight from two to four

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

punk rebel ecks posted:

I can't find the last memory on the list (the one with just forest trees). I looked up where apples are found and searched Hyrule Field and Necluda but to no avail. And I can only find Pickago at Kakariko Village.

You've seriously never seen him at any of the stables?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Trine 3 was their jump from 2D platforming - as in gameplay-wise - to a 3D one. But they burned through their budget and had to publish it as-is and with less content. It, unsurprisingly, bombed, almost taking the company with it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Trine aka "use the wizard to do all the poo poo and here's 2 other characters I guess"

I want a new Lost Vikings game or hell a port of the PS1 version with the voice acting

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just learning all sorts of things today. There was a PS1 port of Lost Vikings?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Trine 3 was their jump from 2D platforming - as in gameplay-wise - to a 3D one.

ew

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

e: i think i posted this in the wrong nintendo thread? nvm

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 24, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Your Computer posted:

Dark Souls on the Switch is the best thing even if it's just to hear people talk about their first playthrough :kimchi:

People posting their first playthroughs is always a joy. Please keep talking about Dark Souls. I just got to the bottom of blightown after dying at least 10 times. gently caress toxic.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Just learning all sorts of things today. There was a PS1 port of Lost Vikings?

Lost Vikings 2. I think it was called Norse by Norsewest in several places but it was a pseudo-3D game with prerendered grafix, CD-quality music, and with full voice acting from various well known people (Rob Paulsen, Frank Welker, Jim Cummings). That version was on Saturn/PC/PS1 so in reality SNES was the version that got shafted.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

People posting their first playthroughs is always a joy. Please keep talking about Dark Souls. I just got to the bottom of blightown after dying at least 10 times. gently caress toxic.

As I'm stuck on Manus for a while (he's a tough boss in general and I have no time to play), I'm thinking about how nobody is going to stumble their way into Oolacile. It was roughly tacked on for the DLC in the first place so everyone just had to look up how to get into it, but people trying to play without spoilers are totally going to miss it. They're also going to miss Ash Lake but it's not like they're missing a whole lot on that one.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

As I'm stuck on Manus for a while (he's a tough boss in general and I have no time to play), I'm thinking about how nobody is going to stumble their way into Oolacile. It was roughly tacked on for the DLC in the first place so everyone just had to look up how to get into it, but people trying to play without spoilers are totally going to miss it. They're also going to miss Ash Lake but it's not like they're missing a whole lot on that one.

Ash lake always has a ton of messages in front of it. Personally I also found the area pretty suspicious.

also it's really easy to hit the walls by accident when checking for mimics

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I was immediately drawn into the game, the atmosphere, the gameplay. I loved it. Every encounter was an experience. It felt like eternity until I got to the Undead Parish, when in actuality, it had been maybe a week, perhaps 2, but I had the game on the brain every moment from the beginning. I lived and loved Dark Souls. When I had first made it to Firelink Shrine, and spoke to the sad warrior, it really struck a chord with me; everything around me seemed depressing, and he was clearly depressed. He knew what this whole thing was about before I did. But I pressed on. Made it through the Burg, was chased (and killed, obviously) by the Black Knight, found and killed the Taurus demon eventually. I met Solare, and it's as if he was looking at different surroundings than I was; like no matter how much this world tried to get me down, he was impervious to it.

As mentioned, I finally made it to the Parish, into the church, unlocked the shortcut, and repeatedly tried (and usually failed) to cleanse the holy place of everything that inhabited it.

Days and days and days of this passed, and FINALLY (with the help of Solare), I took care of those gargoyles on the roof. I climbed up, was actually kind of disturbed (maybe that's too strong of a word, maybe not) by Oswald. Like, just his stance. It was weird. He was there, just.... waiting for someone, and standing like that. Stuff like that always kind of weirded me out, but at the same time, I appreciated that weirdness, those totally unnecessary but unforgettable details.

And I climbed up, up, up... and rang the bell. Holy poo poo, that was only HALF of the FIRST PART of the game?!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DLC Inc posted:

Lost Vikings 2.

Oof ouch that looks ugly.

I love love LV but never played 2. Does it look any better in motion, with cool music like DKC or did they just suck all the charm out of it completely with that 'style'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ash Lake is also the single coolest looking (but not to play) area in the franchise so