Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Is Evan Engram droppable for someone like McGuire? I already have Njoku that's just fine, but TEs are such a precious commodity I want to hold tight to them. OTOH, Eli sucks and makes Engram less useful. But he's also only been back one game.

Other potential drops would be today's picups of Kenjon Barner and Tyrell Williams.

At RB right now I have: Thompson, Carson, Brieda, Barner and Foreman on IR
WRs: Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Shepard, Williams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Kloaked00 posted:

I want to boast for a second because I don’t think I’ve ever had a team this good.

You have taken the first step towards losing out. Fantasy football is about misery and suffering. Happiness has no place here.

If the gods are out there listening, my team sucks really bad and will be destroyed this week.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

89 posted:

You've got hella WRs. I know DJ is on the rise. But you could afford to send DJ + Boyd/Alshon for Melvin & Ekheler if he's wanting it that bad.

Or Michel + TY + Boyd for Gordon & Ekheler.

Gotta think about optimizing your starting lineup as much as possible. I'd rather have 1 WR1 instead of 2 WR2's of which I can only fit 1 of 2 in my starting lineup.

You can only start 3 of

TY
Davante Adams
JuJu
Alshon
Boyd.

You'd be fine chopping 1, maybe even 2 of those guys off to upgrade a position. Don't trade Adams, though. The rest of them should be about the same WR.

Thanks for the advice; it didn't work and post Michel injury that guy has totally disappeared.

I'm trying now to reach out to the S. Barkley owner to propose either a 2 for 1 or a 3 for 1 trade, since he's hurting for WR corps. See below; I was going to offer up D. Johnson and A. Jeffery or T. Boyd (maybe all of them?) for a quick trade. As you had mentioned, I've got tons of WRs so I'm just trying to see which ones I can let go for a clear RB upgrade. Anyone's thoughts would be much appreciated.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

In half-PPR, trying to work out a deal for Golladay who is this team's like fifth-best WR and not likely to start for him ever.

We start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 Flex.

My RB: Mixon, Ingram, Chubb, Marlon Mack, Fournette (RIP)
My WR/TE: AB, Brandin Cooks, Allen Robinson, Doug Baldwin, Geronimo Allison, George Kittle

I was going to offer him Marlon Mack for Golladay. He's currently starting Kareem Hunt, Philip Lindsay, and Matt Breida, so Mack would at least be in the mix for him as an RB2/flex.

Thoughts?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Kloaked00 posted:

I want to boast for a second because I don’t think I’ve ever had a team this good. Currently 6-1 with my only loss going to the 7-0 guy last week. Yes, it’s an 8 man league (last minute drop outs), but I love my team

Non-PPR
QB/2RB/2WR/RB-WR/TE/Super Flex/DST/K

QB: Brees, Winston, Luck
RB: Gordon, Conner, Ingram, L Murray, Bell
WR: Hill, Jones, JuJu, Brown
TE: Reed
DST: Houston
K: Tucker

there is no reason to roster 2, let alone, 3 QBs in an 8 man league where you only start 1.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Especially when two of them are Winston and Luck

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Luck got off to a poo poo start but he seems pretty serviceable right now and I regret swapping him for Goff in one league.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Azhais posted:

Especially when two of them are Winston and Luck

It’s super Flex so you play 2 each week.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
More than almost any other week, I picked up a bunch of sad rear end players this week.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
What are Gronk owners doing? I know he's supposed to play this week but I'm wondering if I should start trying to work out a trade for someone better. I'm basically set at every position going forward I feel except Tight End.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ben Nevis posted:

More than almost any other week, I picked up a bunch of sad rear end players this week.

I was forced with the decision to pickup Flacco @ CAR or Keenum @ KC. I went with Flacco, but man those are really my best options for a bye week filler :stare:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

What are Gronk owners doing? I know he's supposed to play this week but I'm wondering if I should start trying to work out a trade for someone better. I'm basically set at every position going forward I feel except Tight End.

Keeping CJ Uzomah for a bit longer lol

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

weird Asian candy posted:

I was forced with the decision to pickup Flacco @ CAR or Keenum @ KC. I went with Flacco, but man those are really my best options for a bye week filler :stare:

I picked up Manning over Keenum for this week. I've already lost.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Varg posted:

Dark times indeed. Eli is out there but I just can't bring myself to do it!

Keenum is enticing tho since KC is gonna light them up, he will be forced to throw. A lot. That may also be a bad thing for Case Keenum...

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Winston was dropped, I'm hoping I can snag him.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Varg posted:

Howdy fellow rider on the Manning Train! :tif:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Dark times indeed. Eli is out there but I just can't bring myself to do it!

Keenum is enticing tho since KC is gonna light them up, he will be forced to throw. A lot. That may also be a bad thing for Case Keenum...

They already played the Chiefs once this year and he came away with less than 8 points. :stonk:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Noone's talking about Courtland Sutton, am I crazy for adding him over Tre'quan Smith?

Yeah I added Sutton this week on waivers as well as Hines, Osweiler (stream) and Coutee who I'm hoping to get some value out of once he's back after this week from injury. Yes, I literally signed Brock Osweiler to fill my QB spot for me, god help my soul.

I'm not sure if I'll end up getting much from Sutton, if he had a better QB I'd be more excited, but I wanted to pick him up and keep an eye on his scoring. He's definitely got some breakout potential, as does Coutee.

I'm really hoping that Yeldon stays productive and I'm gonna give him this week to see. Bortles has never lost in London and I'm hoping that despite losing some carries to Hyde, Yeldon will continue to get good work in as a pass-catching and third down guy. In a PPR league I just gotta hope he catches a few passes and optimally a touchdown, which he's done a few times this season. The good think about the Hyde situation is he isn't a pass-catching back.

In any case I have Jordan Howard, Royce Freeman, and Yeldon. Freeman is questionable so if he doesn't play I don't have a choice.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

McCoy was dropped in my main league. He's got to be an upgrade to R Freeman and Breida at this point, right?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

They already played the Chiefs once this year and he came away with less than 8 points. :stonk:

I know! That's why I decided on Flacco. It just feels so dirty. :(

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

dkj posted:

McCoy was dropped in my main league. He's got to be an upgrade to R Freeman and Breida at this point, right?

Yes. He might be traded by the end of the week changing his value significantly.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I need a WR in PPR. What else would I have to offer with Phillip Lindsay for Mike Evans?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Heads up that the Chiefs changed several significant things in their defense, the number one being a scheme change. They dumbed it down, basically, because the linebackers and secondary guys were constantly thinking instead of reacting. Cinci's players said that what they saw on the field was nothing they had seen in tape. KC went from allowing 446 yards to the Patriots to 239 yards to the Bengals.

Too short of a time period but going forward they may not be the sieve they've been. They're also getting a safety back and a rookie popped up due to injury (Dorian O'Daniel) and played great and they are actively trying to trade for Patrick Peterson.

edit: and just as soon as I write this Peterson announces he's staying with Arizona. Welp.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I know! That's why I decided on Flacco. It just feels so dirty. :(

Dude I am streaming Brock Osweiler in our league. So don't feel too sad.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Play posted:

I'm starting derek Anderson again in my 2qb league.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I was added Sutton to stash because I thought DT would get traded, but the report this morning was that was unlikely. Much less excited about him as the WR3 for that team.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Play posted:

The worst part of Brock Osweiler is Trey Wingo's stupid rear end names he comes up with. BROCKTOGON! HAHA IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE HIS NAME STARTS WITH BROCK!

Sorry, I can't stand Trey Wingo.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Flacco is a solid play. This isn’t 2017 bad back Flacco.

This is gotta play lights out because my job is on the line Flacco with some actual receivers and a healthy o-line.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

Flacco is a solid play. This isn’t 2017 bad back Flacco.

This is gotta play lights out because my job is on the line Flacco with some actual receivers and a healthy o-line.

Yeah, it seemed to me the best option by far. It's better than taking a 0 with Matt Ryan on BYE so it is what it is. If he can get me a couple td's and some yards, I will consider it a huge win.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The good news for Eli streamers is that the Giants D is going to be even worse this week so the offense will be on the field a lot (loving things up but still.)

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

TommyGun85 posted:

there is no reason to roster 2, let alone, 3 QBs in an 8 man league where you only start 1.

Agreed, but this is super flex so I start 2 QBs each week

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Yeah, it seemed to me the best option by far. It's better than taking a 0 with Matt Ryan on BYE so it is what it is. If he can get me a couple td's and some yards, I will consider it a huge win.

He will do pretty much the same as what Ryan would do if he wasn't on bye. Rest of season projections have Ryan pegged to average 20.9 ppg and Flacco 20.1 so it's not that huge of a decrease.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
My Golden Tate for his Sony Michel. I did the good job right?

WR: OBJ, Davente, Landry, Westbrook (though some just dropped Watkins)
RB: Cook (RIP), AP, Kerryon, Javaris Allen

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If Sony's knee doesn't explode, yes.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Depends on lineup settings honestly.

Now it's OBJ, Adams, Landry
Cook (RIP), Michel ( :iiam: ), AP, Kerryon, & Buck

If none of your WR's get hurt you should be fine. But if one of them goes down you are going to be in a tough position waiting for Sony to cvome back full strength

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Any thoughts on Watkins v Westbrook?

The league is ppr
1qb
2wr
2rb
1te
1flex

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Any thoughts on Watkins v Westbrook?

The league is ppr
1qb
2wr
2rb
1te
1flex

Well Brian Westbrook is retired and Dede has Bortles (or Kessler) throwing to him, so I'd grab Watkins either way.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

dy. posted:

In half-PPR, trying to work out a deal for Golladay who is this team's like fifth-best WR and not likely to start for him ever.

We start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 Flex.

My RB: Mixon, Ingram, Chubb, Marlon Mack, Fournette (RIP)
My WR/TE: AB, Brandin Cooks, Allen Robinson, Doug Baldwin, Geronimo Allison, George Kittle

I was going to offer him Marlon Mack for Golladay. He's currently starting Kareem Hunt, Philip Lindsay, and Matt Breida, so Mack would at least be in the mix for him as an RB2/flex.

Thoughts?
Got an official offer on this, so bumping.

TLDR: Mack for Golladay in half-ppr?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

Well Brian Westbrook is retired and Dede has Bortles (or Kessler) throwing to him, so I'd grab Watkins either way.

Looking through WR candidates I actually have way more options and I'm a bit overwhelmed...

Watkins, Tyrell Williams, Sanu, Godwin, Christian Kirk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

dy. posted:

Got an official offer on this, so bumping.

TLDR: Mack for Golladay in half-ppr?

I’d hold. Let Allison get back on the field and Mack another game under his belt where he isn’t on a snap count.