Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

tallkidwithglasses posted:

The death threads started because people kept shitposting in the GW threads that GWs death was imminent

Lol that you're still upset about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Moola posted:

I like this thread when people are chatting and not being weird stuck up combative assholes about plastic toys

:thunk:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I’ve never played flames of war but I understand it’s mostly about gritty serious veteran nazis and their technically superior weapons against slavering asiatic hordes.
This kind of thing percolated down to mass media with movies such as Enemy at the Gates and then CoD etc

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Moola posted:

I like painting models

I also like painting models!

I like playing good games too, but location and non-gaming friends means it doesn't happen often, so I mostly just try to come up with cool ideas for paint and basing and try to execute them as well as I can.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

A lot of people's ideas of what happened during WW2 is nazi propaganda that Americans whole-heartedly adopted.

The russians are just a horde of conscripts that die en-masse, haha the Polish were so dumb to use cavalry against german tanks, the French capitulated on a whim because they're cowards.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Tekopo posted:

This kind of thing percolated down to mass media with movies such as Enemy at the Gates and then CoD etc

I like the scene in Band of Brothers where an entire motorised and mechanised US corps is roaring down the sides of the autobahn while the surrendered German army are marching in the opposite direction up the middle with only carts and horses, and Webster is shouting at them "You ignorant servile scum, why are we here, you have horses, what were you even thinking?" and more wehraboos should watch that episode.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_DnRn9hyFU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Tekopo posted:

The equivalent discussion is about clipping counters and if you should do it with a corner rounder or just use a nail clipper and if the clip should be squared or rounded and lots of allegories to circumcision

What if you just punch the chits out of the cardboard and leave the trailing piece? Will I offend some fatbeard brownshirt if I show up to game night with fuzzy Axis and Allies territory markers?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

If the counters stack: yes holy poo poo clip your counters

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Chill la Chill posted:

Spoken like a true Chitlord.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

grassy gnoll posted:

What if you just punch the chits out of the cardboard and leave the trailing piece? Will I offend some fatbeard brownshirt if I show up to game night with fuzzy Axis and Allies territory markers?
clipped counters are neater, tidier and easier to handle, along with looking better for purely aesthetic reasons

you wouldnt go to gaming night with minis only partially glued or with frame pieces still hanging off them

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

NTRabbit posted:

I like the scene in Band of Brothers where an entire motorised and mechanised US corps is roaring down the sides of the autobahn while the surrendered German army are marching in the opposite direction up the middle with only carts and horses, and Webster is shouting at them "You ignorant servile scum, why are we here, you have horses, what were you even thinking?" and more wehraboos should watch that episode.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_DnRn9hyFU

"Say hello to FORD and GENERAL loving MOTORS!"

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

Infinity was smart to make their fascist faction not-white.
Can you narrow it down a bit? The only white faction is Ariadna, and they gently caress dogs.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

I've literally never heard on anyone who does this.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Madurai posted:

I don't think this is true if you've ever spent any time in spaces where people talk about hex and chit games.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Tekopo posted:

clipped counters are neater, tidier and easier to handle, along with looking better for purely aesthetic reasons

you wouldnt go to gaming night with minis only partially glued or with frame pieces still hanging off them

Clipped counters also cure cancer and give you long life to be a revered beardo. Clip your counters, people

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Madurai posted:

Wargame thread literally had a counter clipping discussion for 3 pages just over a week ago

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Most boardgames don’t need to do it, cause the frames aren’t die cut

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The rounded edges in GMT games are extremely good. They have good game feel

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Counters: clip
Models: paint
Busch: drink

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

panascope posted:

Counters: clip
Models: paint
Busch: drink

Careful now, painting models is a touchy subject.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Tekopo posted:

frame pieces still hanging off them

I was literally slapping paint on a miniature that I assembled like half a year ago and I discovered this.
im not certain if I'll bother taking it off tbqh

p.s. painting sucks, I never needed to do it for my gunpla, why can't these miniature companies start getting good at plastic.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Around $15 USD

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

vkeios posted:

I was literally slapping paint on a miniature that I assembled like half a year ago and I discovered this.

p.s. painting sucks, I never needed to do it for my gunpla, why can't these miniature companies start getting good at plastic.

I’ll set the line at someone bringing up gundam models at 25 more posts.

76 posts!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

vkeios posted:

Around $15 USD
but are the arms jointed??

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

vkeios posted:

Around $15 USD

why would you spend any money at all on this.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

vkeios posted:

Gunpla are for dumb babbies. True connessures are into Mini-Pla. Stickers are where it's at.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Lego sucks, I never had to build my transformers.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Some weirdos like anime

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Failson posted:

Gunpla are for dumb babbies. True connessures are into Mini-Pla. Stickers are where it's at.

poo poo, you're right, a true pro needs only stickers.

because Miku Hatsune rules??

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

Some weirdos like anime

This can’t be true

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

panascope posted:

This can’t be true

https://twitter.com/JustAGuyOnApp/status/1054800608295677957

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Imagine being like “games workshop games are bad but advanced squad leader and anime rules.”

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

panascope posted:

This can’t be true

People defend buying 25-35 dollar unassembled un painted glue required 1 inch tall unarticulated single figures for a game and act like they are cool and make excuses when the game is poo poo.

Everything is true.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I don't think this is true if you've ever spent any time in spaces where people talk about hex and chit games.

Like, since 1979 when I bought Panzer Leader, I've never heard of this.

Chill la Chill posted:

Wargame thread literally had a counter clipping discussion for 3 pages just over a week ago

Do sane people post there?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Captain Rufus posted:

People defend buying 25-35 dollar unassembled un painted glue required 1 inch tall unarticulated single figures for a game and act like they are cool and make excuses when the game is poo poo.

Everything is true.

What’s your favorite anime

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Madurai posted:

Like, since 1979 when I bought Panzer Leader, I've never heard of this.

Do sane people post there?
Its more of a meme than anything else but counter clipping and counter clipping discussion is extremely common in most places that talk about board wargames on the web, bgg has an entire thread about what the best corner rounder is and im honestly surprised that anyone would not know about it if they are at all immersed in the board wargaming community

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

vkeios posted:

Around $15 USD

This owns

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

vkeios posted:

why can't these miniature companies start getting good at plastic.

Maybe they don't think it's fun.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

vkeios posted:

I am excited to pay $30 per color separated guardsman model I am going to paint anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Imagine being like “games workshop games are bad but advanced squad leader and anime rules.”

You seem to be very upset that someone could not like a company, or a thing, except the things you don't like, here in the death thread.