Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

DizzyBum posted:

I suddenly realized that a good MCH glam shot would be using Barrel Stabilizer during one of Omega's monitor moves in O12S.

And also while a SCH is using Chain Stratagem in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Algid posted:

I just got eScape and Heartless one after the other, wasn't exactly looking for them though so I just put them up on the mb.

I got A Battle Decisively last night, but then lost a roll on Decisions. :(

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Ibblebibble posted:

pew pew (post your MCHs)

Well, ok.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Ibblebibble posted:

pew pew (post your MCHs)

I'm not playing currently, nor is my main or even level capped, but I still love this picture so:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Cabbit posted:

I'm not playing currently, nor is my main or even level capped, but I still love this picture so:

What top is that? I have to know.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Ibblebibble posted:

What top is that? I have to know.

Bohemian's Coat. From the Lightning Returns stuff, but it's on the store now.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Motherfucker it's male only :negative:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

That's dumb as hell, I never noticed. Abolish gender.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I feel like most of the game would immediately become catboys in maid outfits if that happened.

So yeah do it.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Final Fantasy is unfair / Yoshi P is in there / Standing at the MogStation / Plotting his oppression.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I feel like most of the game would immediately become roes in maid outfits if that happened.

So yeah do it.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Ibblebibble posted:

pew pew (post your MCHs)

Well you've twisted my arm into it.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 24, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I really want more gear sets based on clothes of old protagonists. Just don't make them Mogstation items.

KoB posted:

Final Fantasy is unfair / Yoshi P is in there / Standing at the MogStation / Plotting his oppression.

This, but unironically.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 24, 2018

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
MCH cursed images thread

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

MCH cursed images thread

but i already posted my glamour

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Thank you.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Saint Freak posted:

MCH cursed images thread

Absolutely

Edit: Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Rap Game Goku fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 25, 2018

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Magnets are the greatest mechanic because sometimes you're just stupid and gently caress it up

https://clips.twitch.tv/MoistVibrantPhone4Head

Getting really close on O11s, though, with my dumb merry band of idiots. Don't be afraid to raid savagely, it can be fun even if you never get past a boss

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Managed to get a small personal house in Shirogane (Plot 40, ward 16) over the weekend. Got most of the decorating sorted too, though I will confess the bottom floor was basically ripped off of rhoga's house cause he makes pretty homes.

Oh right, mch posting.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 25, 2018

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

So, Lodestone and the launcher still being DDoSed apparently?

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Brainamp posted:

Managed to get a small personal house in Shirogane (Plot 40, ward 16) over the weekend. Got most of the decorating sorted too, though I will confess the bottom floor was basically ripped off of rhoga's house cause he makes pretty homes.
--snip--

That's the best way to do things! Find stuff you like, copy it, mix it together, and make it your own!

Mch posting:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I hope Trachtoum is the NPC they randomly bring back and give a major story part in the next expansion. Or they could add him to the next Hildibrand quests.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
How important is skill speed to MCH? I'm currently sitting at a 2.33s GCD.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Like WAR, you need to fit in 5 GCDs under Wildfire to do damage worth a drat. Unlike WAR, you have Rapid Fire to make that a much easier task. Therefore, at a basic level, you have enough SKS as long as you can fit in 3-2-3-CD-CD within one Wildfire, and any more is wasted stats you could be putting towards Crit, DH, or Det.

The actual *harm* from having excess SKS depends on how you feel about your numbers not being high as they could be, or having your cooldown abilities no longer lining up cleanly over time, and continuing to drift apart as a fight goes on.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Prelude in Violet website is updated with Pyros poo poo https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/patch/4_4/

quote:

Harness the power of mnemes and acquire special actions to aid you on your expedition in the Forbidden Land, Eureka Pyros.

Bug Girl and possibly the AF3 upgrades? I don't recognize the gearsets at all.

New Weave

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Harness the power of memes alright.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Ravana got hold of the super crown.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
rofl is the scholar weapon effect the exact same as the anemos weapon

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Unlike WAR, you have Rapid Fire to make that a much easier task. Therefore, at a basic level, you have enough SKS as long as you can fit in 3-2-3-CD-CD within one Wildfire, and any more is wasted stats you could be putting towards Crit, DH, or Det.

I thought RF puts your GCD at a hard 1.5s regardless of skill speed?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

pupuru posted:

rofl is the scholar weapon effect the exact same as the anemos weapon

I thought RF puts your GCD at a hard 1.5s regardless of skill speed?

That is correct. I believe that 1.5s is actually the absolute minimum GCD as well. However, Rapid Fire only lasts for 3 weaponskill uses. As a result, you still need to get out two more weaponskills under Wildfire, but because you've got literally ~5 seconds to do so, you could live with zero SKS and still hit them. Hence, SKS is highly devalued for MCH.

There is an argument to be made for pushing for more SKS to get six GCDs under Wildfire, but it's a DPS loss. Maybe in the future, but not right now.

poo poo, I kind of want those boots.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Oct 25, 2018

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Hommando posted:

Ravana got hold of the super crown.

Please don't insult my new wife Ravanette.

orcane posted:

Harness the power of memes alright.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

High sks for MCH is actively harmful considering clipping.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I had that idea a couple weeks ago and couldn't find a shirt I liked for Daphne. That's pretty good.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I'm barely clearing the DPS check for the Suzaku EX dummy, but I literally don't know what else I could be doing better as DRG except changing my gear up. Like the rotation is hard to screw up once you have it.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Vargatron posted:

I'm barely clearing the DPS check for the Suzaku EX dummy, but I literally don't know what else I could be doing better as DRG except changing my gear up. Like the rotation is hard to screw up once you have it.

Do you have a video or a parse? What ilvl are you and what ilvl is your weapon?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Jose Valasquez posted:

Do you have a video or a parse? What ilvl are you and what ilvl is your weapon?

I'll make a parse tonight. My weapon is ilevel 370 and my gear average is 373. I had a normal O9N parse last night sitting right at 5358 DPS or thereabouts.

Edit: Here's the breakdown for that specific fight.

Vargatron fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Oct 25, 2018

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Vargatron posted:

SSS is more of a benchmark to compare how much changes in your rotation/gear improve your ability to contribute in a fight, if you meet the iLvl requirements for content you should be able to clear it with enough practice.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Vargatron posted:

Are you hitting your positionals? Are you doing a delayed first Life, or just popping Life as soon as you can? Are your buffs lining up with CT and FT and your Life windows? Are you ever using Mirage Dive when you already have the full eye?

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
MCH Skill speed is not universally terrible. You do want a little bit of it to make your overheat windows not a severe pain in the rear end to fit six GCDs inside of. But yeah, you really don't want to go terribly high on it if you can avoid it (which in this tier is drat near impossible).

The actually important fact about skill speed is that it has no impact whatsoever on your turret's damage, and that's real bad.

edit: Pupuru, if I recall you're doing the high-ping 3 ammo opener? In that case, avoid skill speed like the plague. Not at the expense of tons of weapon damage or dexterity if you can help it, but it is an extraordinarily bad stat with that opener.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

There is an argument to be made for pushing for more SKS to get six GCDs under Wildfire, but it's a DPS loss. Maybe in the future, but not right now.

I’d be surprised if six wildfire GCDs becomes a thing ever - it’s more likely that 5.0 makes the question moot once we see what the new fresh hell will be.

If you’re playing at a reasonable ping you should absolutely work for six overheated GCDs though! At 80ish ms ping I can hit it a good chunk of the time. Not always, and sometimes the servers do not cooperate at all. o10s has been a real pain about it for whatever reason.

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Zack Ater posted:

Are you hitting your positionals? Are you doing a delayed first Life, or just popping Life as soon as you can? Are your buffs lining up with CT and FT and your Life windows? Are you ever using Mirage Dive when you already have the full eye?

Are you hitting your positionals? Yes, whenever the fight is allowing it. I'll use True North if mechanics require me to stand in a specific spot and I can't move.

Are you doing a delayed first Life, or just popping Life as soon as you can? I am using Life as soon as I get three eyes and ~25 secs on my Blood of the Dragon meter.

Are your buffs lining up with CT and FT and your Life windows? I'm using buffs on cooldown and I'm double weaving buffs the first couple of global cooldowns during my opener.

Are you ever using Mirage Dive when you already have the full eye? No, I make sure not to waste Mirage Dive procs.

I'm trying to reduce my SkS down from like 1800. This apparently causing my cooldown abilities to get out of alignment from what I've read.