Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Maybe your parents did. My parents know that if your kid is afraid of the water, the only thing to do is throw them in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Theophany posted:

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. If your partner still hangs out with his friends with the sole intention of smoking weed, do not let him impregnate you. It seems to be a common theme that these loving deadbeats do not have the capacity to accept and deal with parental responsibility or appreciate the concept of putting another human beings needs before their own.

Wait, are you talking about only having a group of friends because they smoke weed or hanging out with already established friends just to hang out and smoke weed?

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
oh goody pick is back with her weak troll posts

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My(20F) roommate(20F) recently started seeing this shady older man(55M)

quote:

For some background information, this girl, Lily, is one of my close friends and we've been roommates for close to three years. She's always been very reserved and overly polite. She always talks about how she is into older men because they are more mature and refined and what not. She has never been in a serious relationship before.

A few months ago, she started talking to this guy from tinder who is 55 years old. Eventually they met up and had a very intense relationship- or so she thought. She wanted them to be in a real relationship but he defined them as "serious friends".

What I know about this guy is that he has a short temper and acts childish (though she doesn't think so). He gets mad at her over the simplest things and will sometimes ignore her for days as her "punishment". She has found evidence of him seeing other women and that he even flew across the world to gently caress some random online girl. She is heart broken and despite all of this, still loves him and rationalizes it by saying it is okay he fucks other people because they are just "serious friends".

I have met this guy just once and he made a show of making out with my roommate in front of me, which my roommate later explained was due to his exhibitionism (?). He told me to ask him questions so I could feel more comfortable so I asked him things relating to him and Lily including how he deals with their arguments. He replied with "whenever Lily does something bad, I have to punish her. It's cause and effect". He also was being really creepy and kept touching and hugging me even though I told him to stop. When I left, he texted Lily and told her "your roommate seems very immature and transparent. I have never been so disrespected before. I see hints of sadism in her".

Soooo over the course of the last few months, I have noticed a lot of changes in her. Whenever he's mad, she's sad. Whenever he's happy, she's happy. They'll make tentative plans to hang out and she will spend hours getting ready just to have him not show up at all. Every week, I have to watch her get ready just to be stood up again. I need help Reddit. I don't know how to help her out because it breaks my heart watching her be like this. No matter what I, her sister, or anyone else tells her, she thinks we're all wrong and don't understand him like she does.

tl;dr My roommate met an older guy online who seems to be creepy and emotionally abusive. She is totally stuck in the dick sand and I don't know how to help.

Gross.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pick posted:

Maybe your parents did. My parents know that if your kid is afraid of the water, the only thing to do is throw them in.

What if the water makes them freak out and push someone into oncoming traffic

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

Gross.

I dunno how to help OP's roommate since she seems pretty committed to not seeing a problem here but "stuck in the dick sand" is a good term

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

expecting anything of anyone is abuse

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

What if the water makes them freak out and push someone into oncoming traffic

I'm not afraid of birds, I just don't like them. However when I was very young, I got to hold great horned owl, and somebody took a Polaroid, and I didn't like the owl so I bit the Polaroid And my mother was furious, I don't actually remember the consequences of that action, but I can promise you they werent good

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Business Gorillas posted:

Wait, are you talking about only having a group of friends because they smoke weed or hanging out with already established friends just to hang out and smoke weed?

The one where you repeatedly blow off responsibilities to smoke weed.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
"totally stuck in the dick sand" is a good variation we haven't heard before.

E: damnit, loquacious.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Theophany posted:

The one where you repeatedly blow off responsibilities to smoke weed.

Oh ok yeah :agreed:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pick posted:

I wasn't afraid enough of the water and fell in and had to be rescued from drowning by a random teenager.

I haven't swam in a while, I should get around to it while summer is a thing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

El_Elegante posted:

Chaps by definition do not cover the buttocks. You are banned from this leather bar until you “get it.”

I know, I made that same joke about it being redundant ages ago.

By the "assless chaps" logic, we should also have assless shoes, assless t-shirts and assless hats.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I know, I made that same joke about it being redundant ages ago.

By the "assless chaps" logic, we should also have assless shoes, assless t-shirts and assless hats.

Where can I purchase these fine items?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

El_Elegante posted:

Chaps by definition do not cover the buttocks. You are banned from this leather bar until you “get it.”

Assless means not wearing the pants underneath it, and if that sort of verbiage doesnt work for you theres a gay bar down the road called Prescriptidicks thats for you.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Our parents all told us getting an arts degree in college was a good idea

They were expecting you to rebel against them and become an actuary so when the time came you would have the literal power of life or death over them.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm just glad that I don't have kids, I would never have the balls to do the kind of stuff that my parents did to make me so cool

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
The only time these chaps are assless is when I’m not wearin’ em.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Pick posted:

pick this will only end in tears when he doesn't fully enjoy going underwater because his sister pulled her hair back in a ponytail but didn't

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

pick this will only end in tears when he doesn't fully enjoy going underwater because his sister pulled her hair back in a ponytail but didn't

That story is phenomenal. It is like those photographs of those weird tiles that are out of place, or the fork where it doesn't belong. It is so impossibly frustrating for reasons that are difficult to explain.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Pick posted:

That story is phenomenal. It is like those photographs of those weird tiles that are out of place, or the fork where it doesn't belong. It is so impossibly frustrating for reasons that are difficult to explain.

Did you ever hear about the guy whose sexual fetish is floor tiles?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
blood!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Be very clear with her, "You are a source of such powerful fremdschamen that must move out at the end of our lease as prolonged exposure to you will leave me unable to enjoy anything but the classic french film "Dinner for Fools""

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Be very clear with her, "You are a source of such powerful fremdschamen that must move out at the end of our lease as prolonged exposure to you will leave me unable to enjoy anything but the classic french film "Dinner for Fools""

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Pick posted:

I'm not afraid of birds, I just don't like them. However when I was very young, I got to hold great horned owl, and somebody took a Polaroid, and I didn't like the owl so I bit the Polaroid And my mother was furious, I don't actually remember the consequences of that action, but I can promise you they werent good

lol that you bit the photo and not the owl

when I was a kid I sprinkled bird seed on my head for the perfect photo op of a bird in each hand and one on my head that I can still show off

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Those alienated parents forums are great, if you look at the threads any one of them has made chronologically, you'll see all the hosed up poo poo they did (and that's just what they're admitting to strangers on the internet, who knows what other horrible crimes they've done) that led to their kids cutting them out of their lives.

I was reading one once where a mom had cosigned a loan and waited until her daughter went on vacation to start eviction or something.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

ravenkult posted:

Those alienated parents forums are great, if you look at the threads any one of them has made chronologically, you'll see all the hosed up poo poo they did (and that's just what they're admitting to strangers on the internet, who knows what other horrible crimes they've done) that led to their kids cutting them out of their lives.

I was reading one once where a mom had cosigned a loan and waited until her daughter went on vacation to start eviction or something.

They're good because they're always crying about how they did nothing to deserve this while detailing all the things they did to deserve this

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you ever want to know why a chunk of the population is adverse to gifts in any format, just read like one or two posts from the alienated parents forum.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

If I can find one I read the other day I'll do a mega post. This lady was blaming her daughter in law for the estrangement, they had a sit down where the young woman basically told her she had her own issues with her parents, abuse, etc, started crying and they basically made up. The lady's takeaway from all this was that none of this mattered, she WOULD NOT BE DISRESPECTED ANYMORE. The very next thread she made she revealed how she took all the poo poo her daughter in law told her and posted it on facebook to bait her so ''everyone could see how crazy she is.''

This is some machiavellian poo poo.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The mother being very obviously fakely suicidal to bait the couple into not alerting the police, who had the entire rest of the family there on speakerphone or something, I mean drat there are some fuckin layers.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

If you ever want to know why a chunk of the population is adverse to gifts in any format, just read like one or two posts from the alienated parents forum.

my parents basically act like they own me because they pay for my yearly costco card. little do they know i am already completely resigned to everything they do so it's basically just a free costco card. hehe .

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Pick posted:

my parents basically act like they own me because they pay for my yearly costco card. little do they know i am already completely resigned to everything they do so it's basically just a free costco card. hehe .

Pick an executive membership is only $120. You should get your own and then you can get 2%back on every sherpa blanket you buy (PBUC).

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

therobit posted:

Pick an executive membership is only $120. You should get your own and then you can get 2%back on every sherpa blanket you buy (PBUC).

I only buy vintage blankets from a 1970s Yugoslav textile producer. this sounds like an obviously fake post but it isn't, I really like the aesthetic.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Pick posted:

I only buy vintage blankets from a 1970s Yugoslav textile producer. this sounds like an obviously fake post but it isn't, I really like the aesthetic.

Anyone who does not like the sherpa blanket is accursed in the eyes of god. I recommend you get right with Jim and take the hot dog communion before your soul is damned.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Weighted blankets are the best.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Xenocides posted:

Weighted blankets are the best.

I have a couple moose hides I sleep under in winter and it is very satisfying. Moose hide is heavy as hell.

Currently I've been sleeping on a new musk ox on my couch and that's been super comfortable but you can brush out a moose hide, a musk ox is a tangle factory and I'm pretty sure there are small civilizations in the qivit.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Pick posted:

I have a couple moose hides I sleep under in winter and it is very satisfying. Moose hide is heavy as hell.

I would like to see the inside of your residence. I bet it is both horrifying and amazing.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
My parents don't have a card for me or anything but they get to say, "He's our son." which is a real plus for them so

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Xenocides posted:

I would like to see the inside of your residence. I bet it is both horrifying and amazing.

this was my bed in 2012 but thank god my living situation has upgraded since then. better furs also, caribou doesn't feel very good and it sheds like a mother fucker

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Nice decor lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Pick posted:

this was my bed in 2012 but thank god my living situation has upgraded since then. better furs also, caribou doesn't feel very good and it sheds like a mother fucker

You are really committed to your cavepeople roleplay fetish and I can respect that. :)