Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Please stop playing this so we can finally get GTA VI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Dog Friday posted:

Friend, I'm not sure that you "get" GTA V

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
it doesn't matter what anyone does because GTA VI is years and years away no matter how many 100 hour weeks the housers make their employees work

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Dog Friday posted:

This game is 100% getting ported over again

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Is there any way to change crews and keep a vehicle emblem after changing back? Don't really care about having different emblems for different vehicles or on clothing. Overall the grenade is off my brand, but I'd rather keep LLJK than create a crew of 1 just for some rotating emblem hijinks

It used to keep the emblem on the car until the first time you took it into a mod shop/destroyed it, I think it might still do this if you get lucky. Does the iFruit app still work? (lol I've been waiting to get my custom license plate for the last 5 years and multiple Rockstar tickets) You could always try applying it via that and then changing your crew before going into the game to receive it.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Psion posted:

it doesn't matter what anyone does because GTA VI is years and years away no matter how many 100 hour weeks the housers make their employees work

Gotta wait for R* to milk the hell out of RDR2 oh and guess what, assholes? RDR2 ain't evah gonna get ported over to pc. HAH!!!

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?

Is there a distance limit on sticky bombs? I put a few on some gas pumps, and then drove around the block to get a good run up. I was going to blow them as I went over like a stuntman, but the trigger did nothing, and when I went back to the station, the bombs were gone

The gas station attendant was alert and dissatisfied with Sticky Bombs being attached to the pumps.

Also whenever I see Red Dead Redemption 2 I find myself automatically mentally substituting it with Reddit Redemption 2. For some reason this is more satisfying and I feel no compunction to restrain the impulse.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

On PC at least, the emblems switch with the crew. Not sure crew colours do, though.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Crew paint will remain after you switch crews. I believe paint and tire smoke are the only things that don't change. Unfortunately you can't have two different crew colors on a car.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Also as Jedi Knight said we have WEZL from back when there were about 16 different crews, it's essentially a gimmick for the GTA-universe news channel Weazel Action News and the crew logo is the Weazel News logo. Geeves (I think?) also used to run a Twitter/Tumblr and post news stories for everybody's news reporter personality. They were fun times and people need to post more stories.

whoa that takes me back

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

FallinInTheBlak posted:

It used to keep the emblem on the car until the first time you took it into a mod shop/destroyed it, I think it might still do this if you get lucky. Does the iFruit app still work? (lol I've been waiting to get my custom license plate for the last 5 years and multiple Rockstar tickets) You could always try applying it via that and then changing your crew before going into the game to receive it.

emblems work better now

ifruit works for plates, but it does not like it if you delete a plate and try to recreate it*

*e: i deleted a plate in ifruit and later tried to remake it, which backed up ifruit and prevented fulfilling new plate orders until i got rid of all the cars with the deleted plate

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 23, 2018

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Contemplating life choices

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Hugh Malone posted:

ifruit works for plates, but it does not like it if you delete a plate and try to recreate it*

*e: i deleted a plate in ifruit and later tried to remake it, which backed up ifruit and prevented fulfilling new plate orders until i got rid of all the cars with the deleted plate

Having to use ifruit for license plate is some dumb poo poo. Rockstar should just make it a part of the LSC menu instead of that janky smartphone app bs.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
meh, the worst part is tapping the screen 5 times to skip all the intro crap on the app.

also the fact that only the last 10 cars you drove or took to the mod shop are available in there, and sometimes they're not, but they use icons for the vehicles that usually don't match the vehicles so you gotta click on them all to make sure

and remember it's not really ordered til you order it, and agree to the 100K price.

and if you order a plate that you previously deleted, and have an existing car with that plate, the app will ask if you want to overwrite a previous order. say yes, and you will get a notification in game to process your app order that will not work when you go to LSC

other than that it's fine

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Now that 2x Bunker sales are over and I've got 10m safely stashed away, I've put mine on full research for the first time.

I've also started timed my Resupply and Sell Rhythms. My timings are all-inclusive, from finishing my idle mission all the way to starting the next one, loading times and delays like waiting for supplies to show up before idling included. Today's resupply rhythm took 24:45 (Bunker, Cocaine, Meth, Counterfeiting, plus an I/E car while waiting on supplies) and Today's Sell rhythm took 57:35 (Resupplying Bunker, Selling Cocaine, Meth, Counterfeit Cash) and required 2 restarts (Post Op vans & Planes). My other resupply took about the same but sold out the Underground Warehouse while waiting on supplies. Figured I might as well share since GTA Online is primarily a singleplayer game now when it comes to seriously making money.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
When's the last time someone busted out the minimum wage job hours:shark card opportunity cost conversions? I feel like we're due.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Eregos posted:

Now that 2x Bunker sales are over and I've got 10m safely stashed away, I've put mine on full research for the first time.

Blimps are 30% off this week, right around 600k if you've done the missions for trade price

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I finally bought the Volatol two nights ago, and not for the trade-in price since I don't have a bunker (it was on sale though). Worth every penny. Kinda weird how I can't buy every bomb type and select before I go out. When I first bought it, I got cluster and incinerator bombs, but chose to leave the hangar with cluster. When I came back to the hangar, I wanted to try out the incinerator bombs but saw I would have had to buy them again. Oh well. Good thing I selected cluster first.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Shere posted:

When's the last time someone busted out the minimum wage job hours:shark card opportunity cost conversions? I feel like we're due.

Well if you're working at taco bell....:words: :homebrew: :crossarms:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Eregos posted:

I've also started timed my Resupply and Sell Rhythms.

if there's an AA for GTA online, please join it

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Kinda weird how I can't buy every bomb type and select before I go out.

you've never been able to equip multiple bomb types, they're all exclusive of each other and of course you gotta pay full price to switch, what game do you think this is :v:

Shere posted:

i believe the more reasonable cost conversion is however much a mod menu costs -> buy everything -> realize how hollow it all is -> get banned -> play a better game

this is what I get for leaving an edit window open for an hour

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 25, 2018

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Psion posted:

if there's an AA for GTA online, please join it

Hi my name is c0upedeville and I'm rank 710 in GTA Online.....:saddowns:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

coupedeville posted:

Hi my name is c0upedeville and I'm rank 710 in GTA Online.....:saddowns:

Wow. I feel guilty whenever I realize I'm ~215.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

prefect posted:

Wow. I feel guilty whenever I realize I'm ~215.

Yeah my alternate character is around that rank :downs:

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Rank 199 here. Was around 140 when I stopped playing in early 2016.

Eregos fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 25, 2018

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
223, but the first 220 levels were gained over a two year period that ended 2 years ago.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
578, but my racing alt on ps3 got to 400 something, so idk what that would be for one char when you consider the curve for the first 120

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
probably for the best since the higher the level, the more pubs assume you're a hacker/ride your jock to gib mony

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
is the hacking as bad as i last played online, which was like...idk almost a year ago?

on PC that is. if it's still awful i'll just stop this 1000gb download

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

is the hacking as bad as i last played online, which was like...idk almost a year ago?

on PC that is. if it's still awful i'll just stop this 1000gb download

Oh my sweet summer child

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

coupedeville posted:

Oh my sweet summer child

cool so now its full of hackers, griefers, and insanely overpowered vehicles. . .

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

cool so now its full of hackers, griefers, and insanely overpowered vehicles. . .

yes .... :airquote: now :airquote:

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
why does rockstar care so little about their game they don’t do anything . I don’t get it

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

why does rockstar care so little about their game they don’t do anything . I don’t get it

They're too busy drowning in money.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Err scratch that, I was confusing Smugglers run with Gunrunning. The Gunrunning sales event is over. It's 2X hangar sales until oct 29th.

Is there any reason I should want a blimp?

Eregos fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Oct 26, 2018

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Eregos posted:

Apparently Rockstar extended the 2x Bunker sale event, it ends Oct 29th now. Assigned staff back to manufacturing.

I've done two bunker sales today at normal prices, is it possible that instead you are a witch that hexed the weapon buyers with your witchery?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

With RDR2 being almost ready and R* talking about new content in both games, this is the perfect time for them to re-purpose the horse testicle modeling team, reskin some assets, and drop the Truck-Nuts DLC. It's a slam dunk since it can refer to both literal trucknuts and giant pickup truck enthusiasts, we know they love they puns. New exhausts for everything! In addition to tire smoke you could also pick an option to roll coal, in either crew color or black. Can't fuckin wait!

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

With RDR2 being almost ready and R* talking about new content in both games, this is the perfect time for them to re-purpose the horse testicle modeling team, reskin some assets, and drop the Truck-Nuts DLC. It's a slam dunk since it can refer to both literal trucknuts and giant pickup truck enthusiasts, we know they love they puns. New exhausts for everything! In addition to tire smoke you could also pick an option to roll coal, in either crew color or black. Can't fuckin wait!

Truck nuts in GTA online would be amazing

Put them on your deluxo and let them gently flap in the wind while you're griefing pubbies :allears:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

as long as the truck nuts update has some more normal trucks:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

coupedeville posted:

Truck nuts in GTA online would be amazing

Put them on your deluxo and let them gently flap in the wind while you're griefing pubbies :allears:

I would legit buy gta again for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

they don’t do anything

I always come back to this thread at the best times.