Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So do gunblades shoot or slash. Or both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol if Gunblade's aoe aggro attack is Grenado Shot

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

onesixtwo posted:

Watch it launch with an expiring ammo mechanic like 3.0 MCH :smithicide:

You shut your god drat mouth.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Ronso?

Looking forward to the expansion after next, which adds seven races, all of which are different types of cat people.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
More varieties of cat people would be a great way to sell a ton of fantasias

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Blockhouse posted:

I'm literally only learning to tank and leveling PLD because I know gunblade is coming

:same:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

More varieties of cat people would be a great way to sell a ton of fantasias

Hence why their reluctance to add Viera is so baffling

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

They're just leaving money on the table tbh

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Xarbala posted:

Hence why their reluctance to add Viera is so baffling

Viera was in the leak too

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I mean the original leaks, not this current one. Dunno about this one honestly

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Jesus. loving. Christ. I really hope DRG gets reworked to be less... that in 5.0.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Blockhouse posted:

I'm literally only learning to tank and leveling PLD because I know gunblade is coming

Choice of the pros. You're like always OT so 99.9% of the time you stand there and do nothing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm not sure whose idea it was to make the Coerthas Central Highlands quests require like six levels in 10 quests, but I hate them.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The thing I hate most about Coerthas is every goddamn time I have to head to the Observatorium, especially because the goddamn Dragoon trainer is there! :argh:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

The thing I hate most about Coerthas is every goddamn time I have to head to the Observatorium, especially because the goddamn Dragoon trainer is there! :argh:

Yeah TBH if there was another aetherite in Coerthas right there that'd make it a lot less painful.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah TBH if there was another aetherite in Coerthas right there that'd make it a lot less painful.

Why the gently caress haven't they put one there and at Whitebrim yet?

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ImpAtom posted:

As someone who levelled AST and DRG, yeah, but also as someone who has done way too many zodiac weapons I actually would put the second aetherite at Whitebrim Front. :shepface:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

i recently leveled DRG to 50 in POTD, then went and did all the DRG 30-50 job quests back to back

the amount of times i just had to run straight north and south of the entire field because there was only one aetherite was loving infuriating

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

KoB posted:

It would be funny if BLU is spec'd towards being lvl 80 and sucks rear end to play at 70 like other non-max-level classes, then they release it early and its just stuck at 70 for months.

RDM was pretty good from unlock to level cap, I thought. I haven't finished leveling SAM so I don't know if it's the same. Hopefully it is and they'll continue improving with future classes!

Groggy nard posted:

Jesus. loving. Christ. I really hope DRG gets reworked to be less... that in 5.0.

Honestly I rather like it :shrug: It's mostly just getting your opener straight and hitting everything on cooldown, with a few small tweaks here and there like hitting Mirage Dive before Gierskogul instead of afterwards every so often, or holding Jump by a GCD. It does seem like a mess at first glance, though. Also too much SkS sucks (which is barely more than the minimum.)

Though tbf downtime in the middle of a fight can screw that up quite a bit. In O9S, for example, you probably want to hold your third Dragon Sight much longer than you normally would, since you can line it up with Battle Lit in the second half without losing a usage of it! I imagine this is a similar issue for many DPS jobs, but I don't really play any others so I don't know.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Arist posted:

I kept waiting for the point where the Dragoon quests would move to be somewhere more convenient.

:smith:

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

euphronius posted:

So do gunblades shoot or slash. Or both?

its supposed to be some sort of manually triggered vibroblade but sometimes it arbitrarily shoots out of some sort of phantom barrel if square wants it to

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CYBEReris posted:

its supposed to be some sort of manually triggered vibroblade but sometimes it arbitrarily shoots out of some sort of phantom barrel if square wants it to

It also kinda depends on the Gunblade, since it's an ongoing thing now. FF8 ones were the trigger 'splosions but stuff like Lightning's is just 'can both gun and sword.'

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

ImpAtom posted:

It also kinda depends on the Gunblade, since it's an ongoing thing now. FF8 ones were the trigger 'splosions but stuff like Lightning's is just 'can both gun and sword.'

The Garlean's also have the 'can both gun and sword and also there's this attacked called innocence that hits a bunch and you can also shoot sword beams and it's pretty cool.'

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
So how about that DDoS, eh?

...anyone know what happens to an instance if everyone in it disconnects?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

small bird pudding posted:

So how about that DDoS, eh?

rip to the instance

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

small bird pudding posted:

It didn't matter because we failed to clear O10S again despite the mechanics being really simple :haw:

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
Everybody over here talking about how much they want a new BLU tank and I just want to like finish my beastman quests without getting kicked off the server for 20 minutes again. I don't remember FFXI DDOSes being this bad, just updates.

Edit: So after my Return spell failed spectacularly I noticed a lot of fellow FC members mysteriously logging off all at the same time for some reason...

Albu-quirky Guy fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 26, 2018

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

Everybody over here talking about how much they want a new BLU tank and I just want to like finish my beastman quests without getting kicked off the server for 20 minutes again. I don't remember FFXI DDOSes being this bad, just updates.

This is an unusual impact for FFXIV as well. Typically we get high latency with some disconnects when entering/leaving instances.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

So does anyone have any idea where the new hair will come from? I really don't want to see it end up in the new Eureka because I said 'gently caress Off' to Pagos and never felt happier.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Groggy nard posted:

It's damned easy right now, there's no way they can really dumb it down further

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Hunter Noventa posted:

So does anyone have any idea where the new hair will come from? I really don't want to see it end up in the new Eureka because I said 'gently caress Off' to Pagos and never felt happier.

You know good and well that's where it will end up. :colbert:

That or Wolf Den.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Servers are dead, time to post pictures.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Is it just me or have we been getting DDoSed more frequently lately?

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Arist posted:

Is it just me or have we been getting DDoSed more frequently lately?

There has been a recent spat of them. Someone is real mad about FF14.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Even with Eureka, it's still less depressing than WoW

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's the Yakuza.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Zack Ater posted:

RDM was pretty good from unlock to level cap, I thought. I haven't finished leveling SAM so I don't know if it's the same. Hopefully it is and they'll continue improving with future classes!

Sam has a level range where it specifically becomes shittier (52 to 62) because they add on the Kenki bar but your kenki gains are so low at that level that you end up having to not kaiten a bunch of things that feel bad to use without kaiten. For this reason I basically never Sam in sub-70 content and Sam is my main. It's a great job in the end, but I don't think any other class really trips over themselves about their dumb bar the same way Sam does. Mch comes close.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Does Tri-Bind have any use outside of Dreadwyrm Trance?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Does Tri-Bind have any use outside of Dreadwyrm Trance?

It's higher potency than Ruin 3 at 5 targets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Monathin posted:

Is this from the same person who leaked Alphascape and the jobs beforehand?

I thought that guy said he was done leaking on account of people trying to dox him.