Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
also there's one(1) hidden achievement apparently, and one of the filler achievements is a 0/5 something achievement.

I'm hoping at least one of them is something like beat firestarter on deathwish loud all days with only throwables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
the dlc codes indicate 4 sets of achievements with prefixes:
bph
nmh
vit
uno

and the hidden one has a unique prefix...
fin

;)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

If this is the last major payday 2 update or event it better end with an area 51/moonbase/UFO heist where vlad yells at aliens and launches his stolen nukes at them

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
There may or may not be a way to start a nuclear war when heisting at the White House, depending on how coy Wordsmith was being.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

TheObserver posted:

There may or may not be a way to start a nuclear war when heisting at the White House, depending on how coy Wordsmith was being.
Hold [F] to open the Nuclear Football.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Who wants some news?

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
CNM Breaking News: CrimeFest breaks SuperBLT, revert to normal BLT in the meantime until Znix can fix it. Oh wait nevermind it’s fixed now go get the new DLL.

TheObserver fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 26, 2018

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Can we get him as a heister? Where he just rambles on and on about Huey Lewis and the News, or comments on the quality of materials the other heisters have made their masks/guns out of? Or just tells you the back story of random items like a psychopathic Rain Man.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

ThatOneGuy posted:

Can we get him as a heister? Where he just rambles on and on about Huey Lewis and the News, or comments on the quality of materials the other heisters have made their masks/guns out of? Or just tells you the back story of random items like a psychopathic Rain Man.

Pager response: “sorry I can’t talk right now. I need to go return some video tapes”

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Going back to Prison on Hell's Island.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

quote:

M13 Pistol and Tanto Knife
On top of her investigation into the USB, Rachel has also caught wind of a shipment of guns being smuggled into the country. Her info points towards a shipment of pistols, a rare kind not often seen among heisters.

The M13 Pistol is a small concealable pistol that can easily be used in stealth and crit builds. Along with the Tanto Knife, you can hide your arsenal from the prying eyes of guards and civilians.

Hell’s Island
As Rachel is swimming out in deep waters, the PAYDAY gang is gearing up for a new job. Locke has finally gotten a lead on Bain's location, and it's up to the gang to get him back.

Suit up, lock and load. You won’t be sneaking in here, we go in loud and get Bain back.
Let's just hope we make it in time…

Confirmed Thrills
To go along with the new heist we have a brand new track from Le Castle Vania.

Also cupcakes

VVVVv Does this mean my vlad ending fanfiction has a chance of being canon?

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 26, 2018

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The Dentist apparently had a deal with both Commissioner Garret, Bain for a "box" and is leading the reporter to investigate a bakery. Vlad's nickname is The Baker. Giancarlo Esposito is back voicing things, so I guess this is how they book end this game and hint at a sequel.

Oh yeah, and we're going to a old POW prison as an actual new heist today.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

first impressions in the first five minutes:
MY FRAMERATE. MY FPS. MY PERFORMANCE FUUUUCK :supaburn:
There's EVEN more enemies than on shacklethorne auction loud, DS/OD is gonna be fun for this one :shepface:
Also the song sucks

also

The finale is very cruel, and the lore thickens

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 26, 2018

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

EorayMel posted:

first impressions in the first five minutes:
MY FRAMERATE. MY FPS. MY PERFORMANCE FUUUUCK :supaburn:
There's EVEN more enemies than on shacklethorne auction loud, DS/OD is gonna be fun for this one :shepface:
Also the song sucks

also

The finale is very cruel, and the lore thickens

Yeah drat even on Hard it was a clusterfuck. It's gonna be real interesting on harder difficulties. :blastu:

No Mercy more then confirmed at this point in Crimefest if there was any doubt.

edit: These new Murkywater models are amazing! I hope they're added to existing Murky heists. Also RIP Kento.

TopHatGenius fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 27, 2018

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
So, how about that new song, eh? Heh heh...

It’s a loving dance remix of Infinite Ammo. Simon, have you lost your mind?!

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

EorayMel posted:

VVVVv Does this mean my vlad ending fanfiction has a chance of being canon?
Very, very high. They've got a lot to resolve, only two heists to do it in and they're mentioning Vlad a lot.

TheObserver posted:

So, how about that new song, eh? Heh heh...

It’s a loving dance remix of Infinite Ammo. Simon, have you lost your mind?!
Hey now, you take that back! Don't be blaming The Viklund for Le Castlevania.

(I'm glad someone else is hearing that. poo poo sounds like a loving preview of a loving dance remix; there's almost nothing there. Get a refund, Overkill.)

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

PSA: Get your DSOD completion for Hell's Island done ASAP. Overkill messed up enemy damage values so right now DS is incredibly easy. DW is still a shitshow but DSOD was a cakewalk. We got it done on our first try and the worst part was the frame drops from the lack of optimization.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

UnknownMercenary posted:

PSA: Get your DSOD completion for Hell's Island done ASAP. Overkill messed up enemy damage values so right now DS is incredibly easy. DW is still a shitshow but DSOD was a cakewalk. We got it done on our first try and the worst part was the frame drops from the lack of optimization.

Glad I'm not the only one that suffered from the horrible frame drops for this

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
So, uh, for someone who cares but not enough to re-download the game and get a mouse again: press [F] to vape respects?

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Someone in the big payday2 discord said they heard some strange sounds doing overdrill with the OG heisters wearing golden masks so I guess have fun with that?

Also I'm trying to get back into this game so a discord invite would be handy, thanks!

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Yeah, apparently one of Bain’s lines in the new mission references needing the Mayan gold for something.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Day 3 is a t-shirt contest, and also my vlad fanfiction of nukes vs aliens gradually becomes more canon.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Its still funny seeing these angry nerds type dead game 5 years later. Like you idiots, this poo poo is dead in November. Your jerk off motion ain't helping poo poo.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Someone in the big payday2 discord said they heard some strange sounds doing overdrill with the OG heisters wearing golden masks so I guess have fun with that?

Also I'm trying to get back into this game so a discord invite would be handy, thanks!

I can send you can invite, want a PM?

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Shooting Blanks posted:

I can send you can invite, want a PM?

Sure, thanks.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ThatOneGuy posted:

Just play a round with me over discord, same thing

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:siren: Everyone is here, safely :siren:

New Safe Rotation
During times like Crimefest we always feel a bit nostalgic. This time, instead of adding a new Safe, we felt like adding old Safes, in fact, quite a lot of them. All Community Safes got back into the rotation with a slightly higher drop chance than our own drill-free Safes that we produced over the last years. Last but not least, with a very rare drop chance, we re-added our old Event Safes.

:frogsiren: New Weapons :frogsiren:

Rachel received a bunch of papers that look a bit like weapon schematics. Are those the weapons that Gabriella talked about in her report about gun smuggling in D.C.?

The Claire 12G Shotgun - Sending a message has never been easier. Blast not once, but twice with this double barreled secondary western cannon.

The MTAR21 Assault Rifle - Thanks to its compact size and high rate of fire, this performance rifle will fit the needs of most heisters, loud or stealth.

DECA Technologies Compound Bow - When bows are your jam, but you want to look like a professional. Slap a sight on this bad boy and you have a precision instrument.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
what can you do with new bows that haven't already been done? a bow with a 5 second cooldown as a melee would be neat, but ahhh...yeah here's a new loving primary bow go join the others

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Ricochet tracer arrows with a multi-shot ammo type, I dunno.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
ahahahaha oh wow the new bow is garbage. you can put a scope on it! except aiming left and right swings the loving scope around the screen making it impossible to aim. might be true of the basic sights, too

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm not opposed to adding more free versions of pre-existing DLC, so I'm okay with the bow. And we don't have a secondary slot double barrel. I'm just sad we didn't get an akimbo version this time, when Overkill remembered to add an akimbo version of their new pistol. The new rifle just seems like a crappier Union 5.56, trading accuracy and stability for concealment.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

The new secondary shotgun has 12 more rounds than the mosconi (8 more compared to the jocelyn with the ammo pouch) :prepop:

AND it reloads 0.3 seconds faster! The draw/holster speed seems a bit slow, however.

Also the new AR's ironsights are loving silly. Put a red dot sight on it, anything!

Also it is bad

As for the bow...

Thats the recon distance guesser sight, the dumbest one I could put on it.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

EorayMel posted:

The new secondary shotgun has 12 more rounds than the mosconi (8 more compared to the jocelyn with the ammo pouch) :prepop:

AND it reloads 0.3 seconds faster! The draw/holster speed seems a bit slow, however.

Awful pickup rate though. Comparable to the nerfed Judge pickup.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
I want the tar. That was my gun in the old school rainbow six game. The one with the Alcatraz level in the demo that was basically the rock: the game.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:frogsiren: Mercy Hospital :frogsiren:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I forgot how unforgiving the initial part of going stealth was. Tons of civies and cameras. But a real fun and hectic firefight afterwards.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

If you go loud and proud, bring a flamethrower.

Seriously.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
loving finally, 5 years of waiting and its the Halloween heist it should have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It was just as underwhelming as I always expected it to be!