Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

To be clear: This is someone reposting what blufever wrote and tacking some extra bullshit on top.

AFAIK this is all that the guy leaked. Anything beyond that is bullshit.

So yeah BLU with some primal and classic moves. 100% down with that, and we all know that SMN is not getting new egis, so most primal stuff is wasted on them :v:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Saying Absolute Virtue is gonna show up in Eureka is a really funny joke but, that's not gonna happen, no way.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

I thought that guy said he was done leaking on account of people trying to dox him.

loving internet nerds, man.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I want the Minfilia comeback to be true :haw:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

orcane posted:

:same:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

SwissArmyDruid posted:

But if Alphy winds up a BLU, like other spoilers have intimated, I will be mollified.

The only thing better than getting the WoL breathed on by a Marlboro so I can fart on enemies in the future, is watching the same happen to Alph.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
You know this dropoff in Labyrinth of the Ancients?

It is very high and if you jump off of it, you might sprain your ankle, or worse!

Instead, take a moment and use the stairs that are to either side of it.

Be a smart Warrior of Light!

also tell Putin/Blizzard/whoever to stop breaking the servers, preferably before raids and stuff.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

orcane posted:

It's inevitable but I do sometimes wish more people would actually stay gone instead of making miraculous reappearances.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Also Yoshi-P on the recent connection issues:

Naoki Yoshida posted:

This is Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida.

Currently, there are DDoS attacks taking place on a heretofore unseen scale upon all NA, EU, and JP FFXIV data centres, purposely timed for each region's peak usage hours.
There was a massive disconnection event earlier in NA due to this, and we apologise for the inconvenience caused to our players.

The development and infrastructure teams are working together with the upstream Internet Service Providers of each data center to deploy defensive measures. With help from the providers, we are working around the clock to combat the attacks, and to prevent the occurrence of any full-service shutdown.

While deploying these countermeasures, there is a chance that some players will experience lag or unstable connections due to rerouting of connections. We are sorry for any inconvenience this will cause.

We are doing everything we can to prevent a full-service shutdown, and we ask for your patience and understanding as we continue to do our best to address ongoing issues.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Deploying countermeasures as we deploy Hacker Chaff to fix the servers

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
With the proliferation of “smart” home devices, there’s been more than a few botnets comprised of incredibly insecure IoT devices because everything defaults to admin/admin. I doubt that this ddos is a mirai derivative or something, but it’s never been easier to rent a botnet for ddosing people.

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.
Anyone who thought that BLU was going to be anything but a Sword-using DPS needs to get their head out of magical christmasland

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
question about square enix accounts and payments:

So I haven't played in maybe 18 months, but I never canceled my auto-payment each month, 14.99. I figured I might come back anytime (and I still haven't) so I never canceled and just ate the 15 bucks because I like wasting money.

But for the past 3 months I haven't been billed, thought it was curious, finally logged into my square enix account and it says my subscription is inactive.

Now I'm glad I'm not wasting 15 bucks a month, but I'm just wondering why Square wouldn't still love my money. Does the subscription really lapse after a set time of inactivity?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

DapperDuck posted:

Anyone who thought that BLU was going to be anything but a Sword-using DPS needs to get their head out of magical christmasland

Apropriate.

Better yet, make it double.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Twat McTwatterson posted:

question about square enix accounts and payments:

So I haven't played in maybe 18 months, but I never canceled my auto-payment each month, 14.99. I figured I might come back anytime (and I still haven't) so I never canceled and just ate the 15 bucks because I like wasting money.

But for the past 3 months I haven't been billed, thought it was curious, finally logged into my square enix account and it says my subscription is inactive.

Now I'm glad I'm not wasting 15 bucks a month, but I'm just wondering why Square wouldn't still love my money. Does the subscription really lapse after a set time of inactivity?

It might, haven't heard of it happening myself. Did you get a new card or new expiration date?

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

isk posted:

It might, haven't heard of it happening myself. Did you get a new card or new expiration date?

new expiration date! you're right, now I remember having to change it for the gym auto-payment.

So in that case, I mean I don't have to pay any fines or anything to Square, right? Because I never officially "canceled", so does that mean I still owe them 45 bucks plus fines? That would be crazy right, I mean it's a loving video game subscription.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Nah, you're good. Only way you'd be responsible is if you found a way to play the game as a massive exploit.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Twat McTwatterson posted:

new expiration date! you're right, now I remember having to change it for the gym auto-payment.

So in that case, I mean I don't have to pay any fines or anything to Square, right? Because I never officially "canceled", so does that mean I still owe them 45 bucks plus fines? That would be crazy right, I mean it's a loving video game subscription.

Automatic renewal is immediately cancelled if for any reason SE can't use your card, so nah.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kanfy posted:

It's inevitable but I do sometimes wish more people would actually stay gone instead of making miraculous reappearances.
Nothing about the way she disappeared indicated it was gonna be for good, in fact everyone involved is practically screaming "we'll see you again real soon"

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

I'd be OK with Minfilia not having a comeback, and also being retconned out of all existing content

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

What pieces are those ?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Nothing about the way she disappeared indicated it was gonna be for good, in fact everyone involved is practically screaming "we'll see you again real soon"

Right, thus "it's inevitable".

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

rujasu posted:

I'd be OK with Minfilia not having a comeback, and also being retconned out of all existing content

Just overlay a low quality jpeg of a Goobue over her in every cutscene she's in

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Just overlay a low quality jpeg of a Goobue over her in every cutscene she's in

I was thinking Godbert fills in for her (and instantaneously builds an Aetheryte in the Waking Sands during the first scene you see him in).

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The leaks say the window on her new outfit will be twice as big.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Philonius posted:

What pieces are those ?

Suzaku's Chokuto
Marid Leather Hood of Striking (Ninjas have a version too, both can be bought in Azim steppes from... someone.)
Tengu Togi (PVP)
Doman Steel Gauntlets of Striking (Vendored, again. Not sure where.)
Tengu Hakama (PVP)
Thavnairian Babouches (I think there crafted? Market board!)

I regret that its a sam / monk outfit. :smith:

I don't think Minfillia's bad and her return wont really be either a plus or minus for me. She was kind of bland so if she does return, hopefully it will be with some growth.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 26, 2018

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Saint Freak posted:

The leaks say the window on her new outfit will be twice as big.

Now i'm sold! I just went through all the story in the last few months and never got all the Minfilia hate here. She's not my favorite or anything, but I never found her irritating.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Thyrork posted:

Suzaku's Chokuto
Marid Leather Hood of Striking (Ninjas have a version too, both can be bought in Azim steppes from... someone.)
Tengu Togi (PVP)
Doman Steel Gauntlets of Striking (Vendored, again. Not sure where.)
Tengu Hakama (PVP)
Thavnairian Babouches (I think there crafted? Market board!)

I regret that its a sam / monk outfit. :smith:

I don't think Minfillia's bad and her return wont really be either a plus or minus for me. She was kind of bland so if she does return, hopefully it will be with some growth.

Thanks! That explains why I didn't recognize a lot of the gear, I never PVP.

My number one wish for this game remains the complete removal of all glamour class restrictions.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

homeless snail posted:

Saying Absolute Virtue is gonna show up in Eureka is a really funny joke but, that's not gonna happen, no way.

Just reading the name put me into a fugue state and when I snapped out of it I was halfway through the process of cancelling my subscription in full fight-or-flight mode

Absolute Virtue? Nope. Nope. Nope. Substitute in every single nope meme gif you are aware of into the rest of this post that's still not enough Nopes.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

noooooooooooooooooooooooope

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
pfft, that amount of HP is, like, one flare. Maybe 2 if it doesn't crit.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

y'all ever have a sword so bright it starts to burn out the camera

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Thyrork posted:

What Ibblebibble said. Since SB we've had at least one team beating savage bosses and bashing skulls against ultimates. Get in here. E: I cant promise you raid spots, but I can promise you a community that cares about savage raiding enough to try and that's a start.

Inspired by this:

I made this:

Looks great! :yeah:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

You know this dropoff in Labyrinth of the Ancients?

It is very high and if you jump off of it, you might sprain your ankle, or worse!

Instead, take a moment and use the stairs that are to either side of it.

Be a smart Warrior of Light!

also tell Putin/Blizzard/whoever to stop breaking the servers, preferably before raids and stuff.

Wait, there are stairs there? :psyduck:

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by

Eltoasto posted:

Now i'm sold! I just went through all the story in the last few months and never got all the Minfilia hate here. She's not my favorite or anything, but I never found her irritating.

It's not that she's irritating, more that she has zero personality or character when every other major Scion has a defined, if mostly generic, personality.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So I guess they were always planning that reveal?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Meiteron posted:

Just reading the name put me into a fugue state and when I snapped out of it I was halfway through the process of cancelling my subscription in full fight-or-flight mode

Absolute Virtue? Nope. Nope. Nope. Substitute in every single nope meme gif you are aware of into the rest of this post that's still not enough Nopes.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

noooooooooooooooooooooooope

I never played FFXI and have only heard second hand stories about how bullshit AV was, but how were they only doing 1500 damage per hour prior to that?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Ff11 was a small numbers rpg much like paper mario

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It didn't help that the development team kept patching out ways players found to defeat Absolute Virtue, including the method they provided official hints for nearly three years after its release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Phone posted:

Ff11 was a small numbers rpg much like paper mario

That's a combined raid-wide DPS of like 0.4 though, presumably from a couple dozen high level players. I mean, I've played mmos a long drat time and I can understand using much smaller damage scales and super long cooldowns compared to FFXIV or WoW, but still.

Either way it was definitely never an excuse for that full heal to exist as a raid boss mechanic in a slog fight like that.