Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Dropbear posted:

How awkward is it to control it with a phone? Debating where I should get this. Another game I wish came out on the Switch..

EDIT: Oh wait, apparently it IS coming on the Switch. Well that's that then.
EDIT2: Ugh, turns out they got rejected by Nintendo so a port isn't certain after all. Guess I might as well get it on the phone if the controls aren't godawful.

How much can you tolerate touchscreen gamepads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Shining Force Classics (a compilation of 3 Shining Force games) is the latest Sega Forever thing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
So day 3 of Ghostbusters world. I have hit the wall and the grind already. It is no longer as enjoyable.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 25, 2018

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

mrkillboy posted:

Shining Force Classics (a compilation of 3 Shining Force games) is the latest Sega Forever thing.

Do these have Bluetooth controller support?

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Dropbear posted:

How awkward is it to control it with a phone? Debating where I should get this. Another game I wish came out on the Switch..

EDIT: Oh wait, apparently it IS coming on the Switch. Well that's that then.
EDIT2: Ugh, turns out they got rejected by Nintendo so a port isn't certain after all. Guess I might as well get it on the phone if the controls aren't godawful.

It's a little awkward on the phone initially, it uses an on screen gamepad that's customizable but not great. Kinda blocks some of the screen at the default opacity. You can move it around though.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Relentless posted:

Do these have Bluetooth controller support?

I believe all the games in the Sega Forever line should have controller support, but I have no experience testing it out.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Is anyone else playing Cookie Run at all? I discovered this game a few weeks ago thanks to some friends and I honestly think it's fantastic. It's a fairly basic endless runner that has some light gacha elements that keep it interesting. Each cookie/pet has a unique ability and there are also treasures you can add on to change things up even further. There's an anniversary event going on too that added some new Affection system that I don't totally understand. There's all kinds of different modes and stuff and there's even a two-player mode! The gacha is extremely generous in my experience, you get showered with premium currency and cookies and you can even semi-target cookies that you want. Plus, if you care about this kind of thing, these weird little cookies are actually pretty diverse and it seems like quite a bit of care goes into their designs and "backstories." The latest cookie is pretty blatantly dressed in the colors of the bisexual flag. None of it's anywhere close to in your face (you kind of have to be looking for it) but it's nice for those of us that care.

Basically please give this game a look if you haven't. I'm going to shamelessly leave a referral link, it will give both of us some nice stuff, but obviously feel free to just look in your store of choice for it. The way it works is a little strange, you can complete the mission normally, but you need to click the button in the referral while the game is closed. I don't know why. Feel free to add me too if you download it!! My ID is FJYXZ9408. I can try to answer questions I guess but I'm not that good at the game. I could gush about this game all day, it's been a minor obsession for the past few weeks. The characters are my favorite part!

EDIT: And if it has been posted I apologize, I searched the forums and could not find anything.

Poultron fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 25, 2018

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
The link to the store in that referral link goes to the Apple store.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Pokemon GO but with Christian saints Follow JC Go is out now.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Morpheus posted:

Here is a Play Store link.

Cookie Run : Oven Break

I haven't played this yet so don't blame me if it sucks.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Trastion posted:

Here is a Play Store link.

Cookie Run : Oven Break

I haven't played this yet so don't blame me if it sucks.

The game is all over the place. It just seems like a bunch of Gacha/IAP tacked on to what is essentially an endless runner.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Morpheus posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I don't understand why it does that. You should still be able to get the rewards as described in the post, but the page's links are wrong.

m.hache posted:

The game is all over the place. It just seems like a bunch of Gacha/IAP tacked on to what is essentially an endless runner.

I mean, yeah, that's exactly what I described it as. It is an endless runner that's got some gacha elements/different runners that keep it interesting. That's going to immediately appeal to some people and viscerally repel others. I have never felt compelled to make a single IAP and frankly they're usually quite bad value anyway. I play the game for like 15 minutes every day and finish all the daily quests very easily. You can play for longer though.

Poultron fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 21, 2018

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Ok this PixelPuzzle Picross game is getting really hard once you get past 65% and into the 5 star puzzles. I am not really sure what tactics to use to even solve these as there just isn't much info. It really turns into total guessing at that point and you cant even really make an educated guess.

This is as far as I can get without making wild guesses on this one.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Trastion posted:

Ok this PixelPuzzle Picross game is getting really hard once you get past 65% and into the 5 star puzzles. I am not really sure what tactics to use to even solve these as there just isn't much info. It really turns into total guessing at that point and you cant even really make an educated guess.

This is as far as I can get without making wild guesses on this one.

Well, it's not much, but that 1/5/1/1 column on the right can get a single dot filled in for the 5. And that 1/4/1/1/1 column on the left can, too. Then you surround that one, at least, with X's (since it's deffo a 1), and, uh, that's a start.

Huh, in addition to me not actually having any ads in the app, I don't have the MORE APPS button in the top right either.

Edit: Also that 1/2/2/4 column in the left, where you have the two dots filled in? Those 2 dots are definitely one of the 2's, it can be surrounded with X's. Then the spaces below it can mostly be filled in for the 4.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 26, 2018

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Morpheus posted:

Well, it's not much, but that 1/5/1/1 column on the right can get a single dot filled in for the 5.
This also then lets you fill the entire row to the left of that new dot.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Morpheus posted:

Well, it's not much, but that 1/5/1/1 column on the right can get a single dot filled in for the 5. And that 1/4/1/1/1 column on the left can, too. Then you surround that one, at least, with X's (since it's deffo a 1), and, uh, that's a start.

Huh, in addition to me not actually having any ads in the app, I don't have the MORE APPS button in the top right either.

Edit: Also that 1/2/2/4 column in the left, where you have the two dots filled in? Those 2 dots are definitely one of the 2's, it can be surrounded with X's. Then the spaces below it can mostly be filled in for the 4.

Yeah i figured I missed something somewhere.

Tunga posted:

This also then lets you fill the entire row to the left of that new dot.

Are you talking about the column next to it? Or the same row to the left. I don't see how either can be filled in with the data known at that point and I have even gone a little farther than what he posted.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The first goon to get 100% in Pixel Puzzle should get some kind of prize. I'm only at 40, it's slow going after 15% or so.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Trastion posted:

Are you talking about the column next to it? Or the same row to the left. I don't see how either can be filled in with the data known at that point and I have even gone a little farther than what he posted.
Sorry, was looking at the wrong row, ignore that.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

My wife finished all the regular puzzles in pixel puzzle and now she has to wait 4 hours after every boss puzzle for a new one.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

precision posted:

The first goon to get 100% in Pixel Puzzle should get some kind of prize. I'm only at 40, it's slow going after 15% or so.

I just hit 69%

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

I just hit 69%

Nice

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tagichatn posted:

My wife finished all the regular puzzles in pixel puzzle and now she has to wait 4 hours after every boss puzzle for a new one.

It's baffling to me that you can't pay a few bucks to lift that restriction. Feels like they're just leaving money on the table there.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Sigh... So I know the question has been asked dozens of time but fiiine now you got me to want a good Picross game. What are the recs? (no comment required, just playstore link; I just tried Pixel Puzzles and the first result seemed very shallow).

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Paint it Back is like campy? That and the world's biggest

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Dancer posted:

Sigh... So I know the question has been asked dozens of time but fiiine now you got me to want a good Picross game. What are the recs? (no comment required, just playstore link; I just tried Pixel Puzzles and the first result seemed very shallow).

Shallow? I mean, it's picross. In fact Pixel Puzzles is one of the best in terms of just feeding you puzzles.

If you're worried about it being too simple, things get more complex later on. If you're looking for a game that has, like, collectibles and other kinds of mechanics, I don't know if there's anything like that. Maybe Hungry Cat Picross - it's got slightly different mechanics to picross, dealing with colors you fill in instead of ordered numbers.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Is Sirlam 3 has this super annoying early game minion call thrasher fiend who has extremely high attack and speed with a trait "deal 80% of your attack damage twice". It likes to go first and kill three of minions. I haven't unlocked breeding yet and the game doesn't have any good defense minions in play.

The level 12 boss always starts with a thrasher fiend who kill 3 out of 5 of my team first action. So now I'm massively grinding hoping to not die to this one random mob. I'm not a big fan of this game design.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Shwqa posted:

Is Sirlam 3 has this super annoying early game minion call thrasher fiend who has extremely high attack and speed with a trait "deal 80% of your attack damage twice". It likes to go first and kill three of minions. I haven't unlocked breeding yet and the game doesn't have any good defense minions in play.

The level 12 boss always starts with a thrasher fiend who kill 3 out of 5 of my team first action. So now I'm massively grinding hoping to not die to this one random mob. I'm not a big fan of this game design.

I think you should have enchanting unlocked at that point? Throw some speed on your dudes, going first is huge. I have a Raven Acolyte who has crazy high speed and a spell called Spectral Blades that calculates off speed instead of Int (and hits 2 targets and gives him a free melee attack 60% of the time). Really helps take out problem enemies before they can... be problematic... i guess.

Also try hitting Craft instead of Forge on artifacts, it gives them a pile of random properties and you may luck into reduced damage from chaos, which will mitigate the thrasher. Or find a Chaos Shield which has an inherent 60% DR vs. chaos.

It also may help to go back and get a couple gods up to a higher rep, it's 5/10/20 perk points for the first three tiers, which doesn't take long to get on a couple gods and grab one of the very strong 50 point perks your class offers. I'm playing Chaos and I invested in the free random buffs ASAP, if you're nature you'd want Hybridization or Purebred, depending on which one works. Life you could mix Perseverance and Guardian Angel until you just survive those big hits. Sorcery could run Wild Magic and hope for super strong gems. Death takes more points but you could run Horrow Show + Blood Splatter and just run 5 summons that explode when they die?

Obviously straight grinding will also work! I found a couple of the boss fights just took a couple extra levels and some investment into my artifacts to push past. One monster to keep an eye out for is the Djinn Evoker (the green one), when he provokes he spends up to 50 mana to deal 3% int damage per mana to all enemies, i.e. a fuckton.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Dancer posted:

Pixel Puzzle starts feeding you some pretty complex 15x15s once you reach a certain threshold of finished puzzles. It's worth it if you don't mind mowing through the easy stuff.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I think you should have enchanting unlocked at that point? Throw some speed on your dudes, going first is huge. I have a Raven Acolyte who has crazy high speed and a spell called Spectral Blades that calculates off speed instead of Int (and hits 2 targets and gives him a free melee attack 60% of the time). Really helps take out problem enemies before they can... be problematic... i guess.

Also try hitting Craft instead of Forge on artifacts, it gives them a pile of random properties and you may luck into reduced damage from chaos, which will mitigate the thrasher. Or find a Chaos Shield which has an inherent 60% DR vs. chaos.

It also may help to go back and get a couple gods up to a higher rep, it's 5/10/20 perk points for the first three tiers, which doesn't take long to get on a couple gods and grab one of the very strong 50 point perks your class offers. I'm playing Chaos and I invested in the free random buffs ASAP, if you're nature you'd want Hybridization or Purebred, depending on which one works. Life you could mix Perseverance and Guardian Angel until you just survive those big hits. Sorcery could run Wild Magic and hope for super strong gems. Death takes more points but you could run Horrow Show + Blood Splatter and just run 5 summons that explode when they die?

Obviously straight grinding will also work! I found a couple of the boss fights just took a couple extra levels and some investment into my artifacts to push past. One monster to keep an eye out for is the Djinn Evoker (the green one), when he provokes he spends up to 50 mana to deal 3% int damage per mana to all enemies, i.e. a fuckton.

I finally beat the boss. I had to keep restarting until the boss didn't have the fiend. Even my raven with +speed couldn't go before a fiend. It seems like boss mob get a stat boost.

I'm going sorcery since it was the strongest in the 2nd game. And yeah I went with wild magic because 3 free spells every battle sounded fun.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ponzicar posted:

Pixel Puzzle starts feeding you some pretty complex 15x15s once you reach a certain threshold of finished puzzles. It's worth it if you don't mind mowing through the easy stuff.

Yeah once you hit the 4 star puzzles you get some really good brain twisters. Definitely have to start thinking outside the metaphorical boxes

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Picross?

Hungry Cat Picross is pretty good.Uses colors to mix it up

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

IAmTheRad posted:

Picross?

It's been a while since I slammed the download button that fast. Good lord that's cute :3:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I re-downloaded hungry cat picross a few days ago. I'm disappointed it still doesn't have a way to save my progress without either: giving out a bunch of personal information, or signing up and agreeing to an extra EULA for their company games account system. lol

Poultron
May 26, 2006

IAmTheRad posted:

Picross?

This has been my go-to, I like the change-up and it's really cute too.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Poultron posted:

This has been my go-to, I like the change-up and it's really cute too.

So I tried that one and recognized it, realized I played it on Kong but it's a great port of a great flash game. Touch interface is a nice step up too.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
whatever happened with the Knight's Chronicle drama about their real money only pay to win skins?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

LibrarianCroaker posted:

whatever happened with the Knight's Chronicle drama about their real money only pay to win skins?

They kept them but now the p2w skins give you some currency too while the non-p2w skins cost less. They're also doing a merge with the JP servers where the JP players get turbofucked. The JP players lose all of their collab units, unit skillups, rune levelups and lunas with ssr tickets and other stuff as compensation.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Tagichatn posted:

They kept them but now the p2w skins give you some currency too while the non-p2w skins cost less. They're also doing a merge with the JP servers where the JP players get turbofucked. The JP players lose all of their collab units, unit skillups, rune levelups and lunas with ssr tickets and other stuff as compensation.

Holy gently caress that's amazing, sounds like the game's about to die.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Holy gently caress that's amazing, sounds like the game's about to die.

Yeah I probably should've said it clearly; this game sucks and it's going to rightfully die. Apparently the dev, Netmatble, does that sort of thing frequently but at least now I know for the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
I like how Netmarble insists on putting their name at the bottom of their games' icons. It is a handy warning label when you see one of their games in the play store or an apk site.