Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Man, that punch/stairs wound looks an awful lot like you tried to give your cat a bath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
natzi

It's not like she was wearing a swat sticker

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

I'm pretty sure most churches / religiously inclined schools just switched to "Fall Festival" and kept everything else the same.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Aleph Null posted:

I'm pretty sure most churches / religiously inclined schools just switched to "Fall Festival" and kept everything else the same.

Our school did a "Fall Literacy Festival" where I got to scare the hell out of kids with monsters from horror novels.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

walrusman posted:

Man, that punch/stairs wound looks an awful lot like you tried to give your cat a bath.

Cats and left-wing activism have a long history.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 49 minutes!

Angry Salami posted:

Cats and left-wing activism have a long history.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Jurgan posted:

Our school did a "Fall Literacy Festival" where I got to scare the hell out of kids with monsters from horror novels.

Did they have a haunted house called "Rapture House" or "Hell House"?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

Did they have a haunted house called "Rapture House" or "Hell House"?

No, nothing like that (this was a public school). It was mainly that we wanted to do a haunted house but couldn’t, but the district was on a big literacy kick that year so we found a loophole. We made scenes of Hansel and Gretel, The Telltale Heart, Sleepy Hollow, and Dracula, which I narrated Crypt Keeper style. It ended with one of my coworkers jumping out of a coffin and scaring kids. It was a lot of fun.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: I was BREASTFEEDING HA HA HA

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I buy the breastfeeding bit tbh, especially if it's a really young baby you don't just pop them off and put them down.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

bike tory posted:

I buy the breastfeeding bit tbh, especially if it's a really young baby you don't just pop them off and put them down.

Apparently those little shits latch on pretty tight

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dealer plates?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

chitoryu12 posted:

Dealer plates?

Car dealerships have special “dealer plates” they put on vehicles that somebody is test driving or whatever.

And yes, they latch on really tight, the bitches.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bike tory posted:

Picturing them bouncing up and down on the nipple like a chubby, bemused remora

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

SkunkDuster posted:

shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: I was BREASTFEEDING HA HA HA

or shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: 'I buy the bit about the breastfeeding'

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
The Woke Toddler strikes again:

https://twitter.com/EvelynALizette/status/1051663122551910400

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

It’s possible a kid would do this by just repeating what their parents said.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Jurgan posted:

It’s possible a kid would do this by just repeating what their parents said.

A lot of kids I know really dislike Trump because his behavior is the exact opposite of everything they're taught in school (loud, rude, calling names).

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Do what I say, not what I do.

cause all in all you’re just another brick in the wall

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
This is so :3: though

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

That is def a kids handwriting though

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Isn't posting pictures of your students' work on a public platform like that a great way to get yourself seriously reprimanded?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Isn't posting pictures of your students' work on a public platform like that a great way to get yourself seriously reprimanded?

Depends how it's used but no, not really and especially not if it's like two words. A lot of schools publish kids' work publically all the time and a lot of teachers are actually encouraged to maintain their "digital wall" of kids work and poo poo. A lot of teachers also put pictures of their students and students' work on their private social media. Most schools get parents to sign a blanket permission slip at the start of each year where you can opt out of having your kids on social media. It comes down to individual schools' policies.

If you're posting kids' work and mocking it or something then that's a different story but also "lol look at this funny answer/funny spelling mistake" posts are very common and harmless.

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 01:34 on Oct 26, 2018

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Little Timmy has made the president's personal poo poo list

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Little Timmy has made the president's personal poo poo list

If the past few days are anything to go by, Little Timmy can expect to receive a bomb in the mail because he made fun of Dear Leader

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Driver of van: :yeshaha:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

bike tory posted:

That is def a kids handwriting though

:negative:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

bike tory posted:

Depends how it's used but no, not really and especially not if it's like two words. A lot of schools publish kids' work publically all the time and a lot of teachers are actually encouraged to maintain their "digital wall" of kids work and poo poo. A lot of teachers also put pictures of their students and students' work on their private social media. Most schools get parents to sign a blanket permission slip at the start of each year where you can opt out of having your kids on social media. It comes down to individual schools' policies.

If you're posting kids' work and mocking it or something then that's a different story but also "lol look at this funny answer/funny spelling mistake" posts are very common and harmless.

I don't know about the US, but NSW and QLD education department guidelines in Australia at least put "posting political stuff your students said online" and "posting political stuff your students said online on your own publicly viewable social media account for the purpose of laughs" as a Big No No. I mean, it's considered highly unprofessional for a teacher to do something as mundane as discuss a student's performance with their parent outside of a specifically designated parent-teacher interview in all states here, and schools still get up in arms about teachers being friends with students on social media when the students happen to be their own biological children. I can't imagine posting "LOL TRUMP" is going to go down well, especially given the current political climate.

I strongly support tweeting "gently caress TRUMP LOL" but bringing kids into it like that seems really loving dangerous.

E: for reference also asked a number of current teachers I know, all of whom are filthy communists like me, and they all said "omg someone's getting an angry message in their pigeon hole on Monday" (those words exactly, all of them, it was extremely unnerving)

CROWS EVERYWHERE has a new favorite as of 15:18 on Oct 26, 2018

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Here in Murica as long as you don't have anything that would identify the individual it isn't a problem.

I can say "This kid today said on a test that the Illuminati caused the start of the Bronze Age" online, no biggie since I don't give any clue as to who it was.

But I can't say "Bobby Tumescence was playing with his Lego figures in class again"

If I'm talking to a parent about a problem between their kid and another one, I can't name the other kid. Their kid knows who I'm talking about, the parent probably knows, but I always say "another student". Even if the parent says "Is it Billy Turgid?", I can't confirm that.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I for sure never cross that line.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
She goes into a lot of detail in the comments though, stating he's a boy in her 7th grade Maths class who got 50 out of 50 etc etc... She doesn't mention his name but she mentions more than enough for him to be easily identified by any of his schoolmates and definitely more than enough to be identified by a parent.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1055869964366872583

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

people in this thread have no idea how weird kids actually are lol

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I know a lot of parents who jokingly threaten to take their kids back to the forest where they found them or feed them only dog food for dinner from now on if they're naughty.

I also knew of a couple of parents at the school in my home town who legit did put the kids out to sleep with the dogs if they were naughty. You could tell which ones they were because the kids growled at other kids when angry and tended to have fleas. Sounds like a joke, is just really depressing.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Yeah at one school where I worked I used to send kids in my class to time out, which was over in the corner of the room "by the cupboards". I had a parent come in one day worried because her son had told her he had been made to "go in the cupboards" for his time out. poo poo gets garbled when kids retell it - this kid was 7. It's why police have to be really careful in the way they question kids and why kids' testimony almost never holds up in court.

Regarding posting poo poo online, I think it goes without saying that you don't post any identifying details but apparently not.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I want to know what's depicted in the sleep outside with the wolves picture though. Is that the adult holding the kid up in a baby burrito for the wolves to take? Is it the kid holding a mushroom they had to forage in their new forest life? We may never know.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I'm more concerned with the "always be happy" rule. That's a terrible rule.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

RoboRodent posted:

I'm more concerned with the "always be happy" rule. That's a terrible rule.

Just preparing the kid for a future as a wage slave.

I got my employee review and everything came back above average when it came to my actual work. But for some reason the fact I'm not always a bright happy ray of sunshine docked me overall points. I'm sorry let me just be super loving thrilled that I processed a FedEx package that's worth more than I make in a month. Yes that is absolutely something to he ecstatic about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Sloth
Jun 19, 2004