Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Admiral Ray posted:

noses are the drug testing lab nature intended.

Whatever it was, it turned him into an rear end in a top hat. She should have just let him suffer with hives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It's amazing how, at the start of a story, you can feel incredibly sympathetic for someone.

Then they keep talking and now you hope they end up paralysed like the poor innocent person they ran over.

yeah it was like "oh god it was an accident and I'm totally hosed" and I mean yeah they shoulda been looking but you can sorta sympathize with the idea that we've all made mistakes when driving before and are fortunate that they didn't happen when it mattered, then they go straight into "how dare they be crossing the street".

Realistically the OP probably isn't that evil and is just freaking out and projecting incredibly hard because they can't really cope/accept the situation but man is it a super bad look.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Backing up a sec to throw in my two cents re:children and favourites.

When any of my three kids ask who the favourite is, I tell them that I don’t have one. Then I wait a moment and remind them that I do have a least favourite and that target is constantly shifting.

I think this can only end well (by which I mean if they can’t tell I’m joking it’s already too late to salvage anybody’s mental health so, uh. Oops?)

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

yeah it was like "oh god it was an accident and I'm totally hosed" and I mean yeah they shoulda been looking but you can sorta sympathize with the idea that we've all made mistakes when driving before and are fortunate that they didn't happen when it mattered, then they go straight into "how dare they be crossing the street".

Realistically the OP probably isn't that evil and is just freaking out and projecting incredibly hard because they can't really cope/accept the situation but man is it a super bad look.

Nah OP revealed himself as a self-centered rear end in a top hat in those comments, the post comes off as deserving sympathy but the entire point is to find people who will say "oh this wasn't really your fault" when it definitely was

"gently caress that person who I ran over, they shouldn't have been in that crosswalk this is their fault" is evil

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I think my father is a pedophile, do I have a case? (self.legaladvice)

Hey, using a throwaway for obvious reasons.

I am a 22 y/o female in DE, currently working as a waitress at a local restaurant to get a little money on the side as I don't need a lot, my parents pay for my apartment and anything big if anything comes up. I previously thought that this was just out of love but I am not so sure anymore, we were invited by close friends to dinner last weekend and as I live a bit further away I decided to stay overnight at my parents house. Me and my parents always had a great relationship, almost too good to be true now that I think about it, I have no siblings and while my dad was gone most of the week as he works a lot, my mom was always there, when he was there however we were almost inseperable.
I still remember him calling me his "little girl" which already has a kind of predatory sound to it, I know I might be looking to deep into this but hear me out: everytime I introduce a dude to them my dad has this kind of coldness, as if he is jealous, he sometimes even seems aggressive, I talked to my mom about this but she says it's just that he has a hard time letting go of me, he indeed seems very attached to me, too attached, sometimes he will give me a clap on the butt and laugh as if it is nothing.

But now for the reason of this post: Saturday morning I woke up and while my parents were out getting groceries and stuff for breakfast, I went into their bedroom to get a pair of my mom's pyjama pants as I only had the pair of jeans with me that I wore the day before. So I opened the wardrobe and look through her clothes and notice a box at the bottom of the wardrobe.
I take a look inside and there are tons of photos, seemingly innocent family photos, pictures of me as a kid and such.
But in a separate stack with baby pictures, I got severely disturbed when I found pictures of my dad, COMPLETELY NAKED in the bathtub, WITH ME as a naked baby lying ON HIM. Some pictures in that stack seemed normal but sometimes I was completely naked, sitting on his lap or even as they seemingly changed my diapers. I got really sick and immediately left and went home, I still start shaking thinking about his face in these pictures, having that creepy grin on his face. I took the worst of the photos with me just to make sure I have proof they cannot deny in case I can really bring this to court.

I have not answered their calls or texts since, I am too disturbed to even pretend and be nice to them, knowing that even my mom, who I always trusted with all my heart, allowed my father to abuse me like that.
What are the chances that I have success by going to the police with the photos? What should I say? I don't want them to inform my father that I reported him as long as he is still at large. Thank you.

quote:

I don't need counseling if they will try to tell me that a naked man and a naked baby should be naked together in a bathtub, it is unnatural and sick, that baby will grow up into a normal human, it is not a doll, just imagine it would be 5 years older, would that still be normal? I dont think so.

There is some serious normalizing of pedophilic tendencies going on here, sorry that you are unable to see through that.

quote:

As I wrote in a previous comment, while still weird, a mother is different as she shared her body with the baby, they have a connection, but a father is like a stranger to a newborn, it's like letting your kid bathe with a random man. Not to mention a baby has no way of consenting or communicating if it doesnt want to be so close to a naked man, which it surely wouldnt want.

/r/relationsihps: a baby's father is just a random naked man

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

M(20) dating F(16)

Hey everybody! I've been dating this girl for the last week and i really am into her, she's funny, Smart and really beautiful, the thing is i am 4 whole years older than her it didn't really bothered me at first, she seems much more mature intelectually than any other 16y/o, i can't really say i'm into younger girls but she's definetily into older guys (daddy issues, i guess). I really like her and would like to be in a relationship with her, but some of my friend have been telling me that she looks way too young for me, that i look like some kind of pedophile or someting, my mother also say to me that she's too young and that's wrong and now i have all their thoughts in my head. (It's totally legal tho, you are legally alowed to be in a relationship with any girl older than 14 y/o in my country)

What are your thoughts on this situation? Has it hapenned to you ?

TLDR: I am 20 y/o and dating a 16y/o, i really like her and she likes me, but some people close to me think that it is wrong for us to be in a relationship.

Also, sorry if i have bad grammar.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

QuarkJets posted:

That poor father. I don’t see any way this goes down that he doesn’t get his heart needlessly broken. :(

Also, gently caress. I had no idea calling my daughter “little girl” was predatory. I’m a worse parent than I thought.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

QuarkJets posted:

Nah OP revealed himself as a self-centered rear end in a top hat in those comments, the post comes off as deserving sympathy but the entire point is to find people who will say "oh this wasn't really your fault" when it definitely was

"gently caress that person who I ran over, they shouldn't have been in that crosswalk this is their fault" is evil
I mean yeah, it comes across like that but I'd take a coinflip on whether or not they really believe that vs are just in a pretty emotional state and their subconscious defense is denial. Like that op is clearly cracking under the stress of the situation and I could see them latching onto a stupid perspective temporarily because they don't wanna accept the reality of it. "This coulda been avoided if they had just been more cautious while walking" is an absolutely true statement, as someone who walks around a lot I've dodged cars in that exact situation the OP posted, one stopped for me while I was crossing and another who didn't put 2 and 2 together on why the car was stopped and couldn't see me through the one waiting, always check for that poo poo as a pedestrian because it will happen.

That is of course not to say it was the pedestrian's fault, OP was clearly responsible, but they've latched onto that one idea of "if they were paying more attention themselves my fuckup wouldn't have been so bad". To me it comes across as a desperate attempt to cope that they'll move past as the situation progresses. Maybe that's too generous but iunno I feel like that's a pretty common way for people to process stuff. Unless the comments were like months apart or something I'd find it possible or even likely that once they've had a bit of time to plow through the "whatif everyone else reacted perfectly and my mistake didn't matter" feelings they'll be more willing to accept what they did wrong.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [27m] girlfriend [20f] of 1.5 years is always angry and argumentative.

Please read this first: This issue has been bothering me for a long time and I have often backed out of posting here because I find it difficult to explain, therefore, there is a lot a backstory to it. If you are looking for a quick read, please skip this post. I strongly feel that to understand you need to read a lot.

My girlfriend and I have been together for a year and a half. We met on a University Facebook chat a few months before we both moved to go to the same University. She is now 20 years old and I am 27 – and this may be the reason to our problems.

We were going out for about a month before we moved to University, where we were both living at separate Student Accommodations, but we spent every night together, either at her place or mine.

After the first year of University, since we were practically living together, we decided to move in together to a one bedroom apartment. We both thought it would be a good idea, financially, and since we had already been together for a year, it wouldn’t really be anything new. We agreed that our relationship moved very quickly but I guess we were both ok with it.

During our first year living together at Student Accommodations, I started noticing a few things about her, as you do naturally, when you live with someone. I noticed that she was quite needy and always wanted to be doing something together. She constantly wanted attention and didn’t give much thought for personal space. I am the opposite, I really enjoy my personal space and enjoy doing some things without her, such as playing video games with some friends, for example.

We talked about this, we argued about this, we learnt to adapt and live with it. In the end, we both made some compromises but we got what we wanted (This is not the current issue, this is an example of an issue we had, we worked on and we sorted it out).

Moving forward, we have been living together at our one bedroom app. for 5 months and we are at out second year of University. We have always been the kind of couple that argues a lot. I am the kind of person that don’t like holding things back. I’m very honest and up front. I am definitely a confrontational person. When there is a problem I prefer to talk about it, sort it out and move on. I don’t hold on to things, I rather move past it and be done with it – BUT I do not ignore them!

This approach has been difficult for my girlfriend, since she is only 20 years old, and a lot more immature than me. She would much rather keep quiet or say what she thinks I want to hear rather than what she actually thinks. I feel that she is often under pressure to perhaps live up to my expectations or to seem mature or smart or grown-up. But these are things that are all in her heard, I never said any of this, I don’t expect or require this. I have made this so clear to her. I accept and love her for who she is and most importantly, I fully understand that with time, and as she gets older, she will grow personally, and change as a person.

Today we had another argument. She arrived home from University. We spoke a little, I asked how her day was, what she got up to, etc… Everything was fine. Then I made a comment. I prompted a silly joke “is it windy outside?” She said: “Why is my hair messy?” and I replied: “You look really cute”.

She exploded.

From 0 to 100. Screaming, acting up, and crying. Endless tears. Because apparently I mock her, I don’t appreciate her, nothing is ever good enough. I don’t think she is pretty, or smart enough or old enough. Because, apparently, when I said ‘cute’ I meant ugly.

Every argument goes like this. A silly comment or gesture or act turns into hell. And it goes on for hours until she’s had enough. Then she says that she is sorry, that she over-reacted and that she loves me and let’s move past it.

I really don’t know what to do. She often says that the problem is with her. That she is insecure about her looks and her body. And instead of working of these personal issue she rather just hide them away. But I just feel like I can’t make any comment, or joke around or just have a laugh with her anymore. Most of the time I feel that I should just keep my mouth shut – but that can’t be healthy for a relationship.

I need help figuring out whether perhaps I am looking at this all wrong. That is the reason for the long backstory. Maybe I am completely wrong here and I am the one who has been giving her a really hard time or maybe I need to be more supportive in helping her with her issues but If she explodes every time I make a comment, then I don’t really want to be making any more comments…

​TDLR: Girlfriend is always angry and argumentative. Is my fault or hers? I want this to work but I can't live arguing everyday about the same thing.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My wife is upset at me because the guy she was cheating on me with sent me a video of them together.

I’m 25, and my wife is 27. We have a 5 year old daughter and we have been together for about 10 years. I’m not surprised that she cheated, she probably got bored of me and it’s just something that happens all the time. I’ve kept myself in shape and everything so I don’t know why she’s bored of me and I still treat her the same.

Apparently she had been seeing him for a whole year. It was when my mom passed away and I had to go do a lot of things with my family out of the country and it was a lot of work to get her buried outside of the country back to our homeland. That was one of the most painful things I went through. Then, my family had other financial problems and everybody was fighting over what my mom had left behind and I had to split it up between everybody because they were fighting too much.

Then one of my brothers got depressed and turned suicidal so i had been helping him get through that. All that going on and she had an affair. I didn’t confront her immediately because I was just overwhelmed with everything. It was a few weeks after that she went looking through my phone and found the video and she got really upset with me over it.

Then our sex life got really complicated because she had done things for him that she had always denied me. I got tired of it and just kinda gave up and I’m mostly with her for our daughter and also because I’m pretty sure tha no other woman would want wasted goods who already had a daughter. So things have been complicated since, she’s still mad at me because I still had the video in my messages. Then he ended up getting in a car accident and dying so my wife has been pretty sad about that.

I don’t know what the gently caress I’m even feeling anymore, I’m mostly just numb and I’m just living life boring and day to day not expecting things to ever get better because I don’t deserve it. I guess I’m here for any advice since I can’t really come up with any solutions to my problems

TL:DR My partner is upset at me because her lover sent me a video of her cheating on me

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Wife has problem with me gaming.

Gaming has always been an escape for me, I come from a highly religious family that controlled my every move until the age of 18. I recently married (19 too young lol) and suddenly everything has changed. I work an 8-4 job (which is very draining) and when I get home I am expected to spend all of my time with her (if I try to play games she will get very emotional because she feels ignored).

I play exclusively on pc and we do not currently have the money to build another gaming rig. She has shown interest in gaming, but I feel like it was only to make me happy. The thing that bothers me is the fact that she watches movies and shows all day while I am at work (which I have no problem with at all). But then as soon as I get home I can't have time for my escape.

I love spending time with her and I help around the house I just need at least an hour to unwind doing something I love. She doesn't seem to understand how I need that time just for my pure sanity. I would just like to know how I can budget the time between her and my games. I haven't played over 20 mins in over 2 weeks. I love her to pieces she just doesn't understand how important it is for me.

I really want to make our relationship work, she is my best friend we are just having trouble communicating. I'm willing to give up the gaming if that's what it will take, just though I would check on here to see what the masters of relationships think lol. Thanks ahead of time for the help!

tl;dr: Wife hates me playing games not spending time with her.

Edit: thanks to everyone who helped me with this I will have a long conversation when I get home today, wish me luck...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This story is terrible, he just smushes in there that the guy died in a car crash. Build up to things you idiot whose daughter will grow to resent him.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Wife has problem with me gaming.

Gaming has always been an escape for me, I come from a highly religious family that controlled my every move until the age of 18. I recently married (19 too young lol) and suddenly everything has changed. I work an 8-4 job (which is very draining) and when I get home I am expected to spend all of my time with her (if I try to play games she will get very emotional because she feels ignored).

I play exclusively on pc and we do not currently have the money to build another gaming rig. She has shown interest in gaming, but I feel like it was only to make me happy. The thing that bothers me is the fact that she watches movies and shows all day while I am at work (which I have no problem with at all). But then as soon as I get home I can't have time for my escape.

I love spending time with her and I help around the house I just need at least an hour to unwind doing something I love. She doesn't seem to understand how I need that time just for my pure sanity. I would just like to know how I can budget the time between her and my games. I haven't played over 20 mins in over 2 weeks. I love her to pieces she just doesn't understand how important it is for me.

I really want to make our relationship work, she is my best friend we are just having trouble communicating. I'm willing to give up the gaming if that's what it will take, just though I would check on here to see what the masters of relationships think lol. Thanks ahead of time for the help!

tl;dr: Wife hates me playing games not spending time with her.

Edit: thanks to everyone who helped me with this I will have a long conversation when I get home today, wish me luck...

For clarity, they have no kids and she's a neet?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

For clarity, they have no kids and she's a neet?

yeah he says she like cleans houses for 3 hours a week??

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Smirking_Serpent posted:

people in the comments are like "tell her you need 1 hour a day to blah blah blah" it's like no don't do that just separate immediately. She already gets 40+ hours of goofing off me time a week, that he'd have to negotiate for 5 is hilariously sad.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

And apparently used to have friends but left all of them when she got married, and has no hobbies and no inclination to try any.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

How do I (28/M) politely ask my girlfriend (28/F) of one year to stop sending me racy photos?

I know this doesn’t sound like much of a problem, and I guess it’s not that huge or I’d have handled it sooner, but my girlfriend really likes sending photos to me. Of all kinds. Recently she started working out so she’s been taking lots of photos of herself, sometimes with clothes and sometimes without. Most of the time with just underwear. The first few times she sent me one, I thought they were great, and I was surprised, but in a good way. I told her that she looked beautiful and all of that, which she always did. But now she won’t stop sending them to me.

It wasn’t that serious until one of my coworkers at the office nearly caught sight of it over my shoulder. I was under the impression that my girlfriend had sent me a photo of the new table that she had bought, and she did, but she was on top of the table, naked and spread open. I didn’t think to tilt my phone away as I thought it was only going to be the table, but it wasn’t. I’m still not sure if my coworker saw it, but I did manage to tilt my phone away in the last second.

This sounds like something dumb that happens in a movie, but believe me, it’s becoming a problem.

Since the table incident, and a bit before that as well honestly, I don’t know, I just can’t enjoy these photos. Don’t get me wrong, I think my girlfriend is beautiful. Her body is amazing. She looks great in the photos. Maybe I’m just not the kind of person who enjoys that sort of thing. She can text me anything she wants but when it comes to photos, especially when I’m at work, it’s a bit ... uncomfortable, I guess. I don’t want her to feel embarrassed about her body or as though I don’t find her attractive. But this is a problem for me.

I don’t know how to bring it up. I told her to maybe not send them to me when I’m at work, just so none of my coworkers catch sight of them. Since then she hasn’t sent me as many during office hours, but it’s still a bit weird for me going through our text conversation and seeing just an endless string of photos in which she’s spread apart, doing all sorts of things that I won’t go into detail about, etc. I realize I sound really uptight. Believe me, that’s not the case at all. It’s just weird for me. I’m just not into it, I guess. The way some people like coffee and others don’t. It’s not that coffee is bad necessarily, it’s just not something I need to start my day, or in this case, to find my girlfriend attractive.

If this were anything else, I’d have talked to her about it by now. But because this is a sensitive matter, I’ve waited hoping she’ll either stop sending them, or that I’ll eventually figure out a way to tell her that I’m not particularly into them.

How should I go about this? I mean exact words.

tl;dr The main problem started because she was constantly sending them to me at work and one of my coworkers almost saw one, but I’ve slowly realized I’m just not into them to begin with. My girlfriend is beautiful. I love her. I think she has an amazing body. I just don’t really get anything out of these photos and to be honest they make me kind of uncomfortable sometimes.

Also I don’t mean to take it to an uncomfortable place, but this could have something to do with an unsettling experience I had when I was too young to know what was going on. I haven’t really thought about it since it happened, but now that I think about it, the stomach turning feeling isn’t so unfamiliar.

My girlfriend knows, but not the full extent of it. I guess it’s time to let her know. But I don’t want her to feel as though she’s being predatory or something. Obviously the two situations are worlds apart, but my reaction is connected, I guess.

poo poo. I really didn’t think I’d be opening that door again.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [30F] husband [35M] is upset because I refuse to be nice to his parents.

My husband of 1.5yrs, let's call him Jonathan, is Indian and I am SE Asian. We met at work, fell in love got married and I moved to the big city here in US to be with him, where he is based.

We are doing well financially as we both have good jobs in the city, we're DINKs, so we were able to buy a house in the suburbs 1 hr away from the city to which we commute everyday for work (I drive both of us to work as I'm the only one with driving experience).

I have made it clear to him from the very beginning that I hate living with other people (don't like having issues with roommates or extended family). For the first year of our marriage I stayed at home while he worked as I was waiting for my work permit and during this time I played 50s housewife and did everything for him (cleaning, laundry, cooking, other errands).

Now that we both have jobs and are more financially secure, he invites his mom and dad (both are Indian and in their 60s) from India and told me that they would like to visit for 6-9 months. I said that is insane, and I don't want to live with other people in my house for that long, not his parents or my parents no exceptions. I told him 3 weeks to 1 month is my maximum, and even then I foresaw some issues that might crop up.

He proceeds to "negotiate" with his mom, who then "agrees" that 3 months is fine. Again, this is not even close to fine for me and I let him know. But he guilt trips me into agreeing as he said his mom and dad are very old and this will probably be the last time they'll visit. He proceeds to buy the ticket, even when I voiced out how this is not going to end well. He thinks I actually agreed to this. Reddit, I don't ever remember being ok with this and if I have somehow made it seem that I agreed, I really regret being guilt tripped into that decision and I wish now that I had more spine.

After buying the tickets, we bicker a lot about the decision and one time he expressed that it was his duty as his son to at least give this as a gift for his parents (them visiting the US, this will be the 2nd time, 1st time they stayed for 1 month when I have not moved in with him yet). I told him that since he is married, his primary duty is with me as a husband, and that everyone else should not be his top priority.

I get that maybe this is a cultural thing, so I reminded him that I have made it clear in the past that I do not want to live with other people for extended periods of time. He denies that I made that clear before, and says that he would like to do this for his parents. During this conversation I of course kind of threw a fit and said he didn't care about my feelings, and he responded that I was a cold-hearted person for not agreeing to let his parents live with us and how his parents will die soon and again how this might be the last visit. I told him well next year they will probably be again and you'll say the same thing, and what you'll let them stay for longer because they will be older and have more chances of dying?

He says he can't guarantee their death, and again that I was a bad person for not feeling sorry for them. Reddit, of course I don't feel bad, I haven't even met them. So I apologized and said ok maybe I am out of line and we will see. Maybe I will like them. He says I needed to compromise and that I wasn't compromising at all. I told him wow 3 months is a huge compromise! He has also mentioned how his mom is narcissistic and has cut out almost everyone in her life and doesn't have any good relationships with anyone (including him). So I was of course thinking she will also be doing some circus while she's here.

Well Reddit, the day finally came and they arrived. Since I am the only one licensed to drive, I took a day off from work (even though I get paid by the day) and we both picked up his parents from the airport. All is fine and dandy, they seem like nice people (although a little bit traditional). His dad never says much and just wants to watch tv in the living room, his mom spends time with his dad. This is all that they do everyday all day. His mom caters to the dad as he is not very mobile (arthritis issues), and we make sure that they have everything they need in the guest room (which is in the 2nd floor).

MONTH 1: They like to spend all the time in the living room, even when we bought them their own tv. My resentment is growing as I would like to spend some time in the shared areas as well, but they are always hogging it. They are always in the living room, in the dining room, in the kitchen.

We take them to the parks often, of course I am always the driver. I feel like I am doing a lot for these people. But it is not enough. I learn from my husband that sometimes MIL criticizes me, she'll find something to say. She also always speaks in Hindi even though she knows how to speak in English, and sometimes refuses to talk to me but will talk about me even when I'm in the same room.

Since we are in the same house, she often hears me and my husband bicker (about stupid things) and would later comment how I don't compromise and that we fight too much and couples shouldn't fight (really!?). My husband told her that isn't the case and that we are fine.

MONTH 2: My husband and I took a 4 day trip to the neighboring country to have a very minor medical procedure (it's cheaper there) and to have a mini vacation. Husband proceeds to be on video chat with his mom every 5 minutes or so. I voiced out that this is getting annoying, as I feel like I'm having a vacation with his mom and not him! He tones it down. During the procedure, the mom kept asking me for updates (every 30 secs I'm not exaggerating) and I told her to chill as this is a routine procedure. We finally get back home and learn from our friend who we asked to stay with the parents and home sit while we were gone, that the mom had poo poo-talked about us. Mainly how my husband is frustrated with her or how "I'm overpowering and domineering" probably because I'm not a submissive Indian wife. And how she was not consulted when we bought our house (I don't get this). Every other day my husband blames his mom for being crazy, and then the next day he'll blame me for not being compromising and he tells me to just suck it up because "she's like that, we can't change her"

Some days she will criticize me to my husband every moment she gets, and just generally paint a bad picture of me to him.

MONTH 3: There are other little things that I complain to my husband about, such as how MIL is hovering in the kitchen whenever I cook (asking me to rewash vegetables) but she never washes dishes and utensils properly. It's driving me insane, I teach her how to use the dishwasher, she doesn't want to use it ever. She says she would like to sweep the floor (I give her the broom and vacuum), but she never does it, kitchen floor is always lovely. I end up having to clean all this until on the 3rd month I have given up cooking and cleaning. I am growing very resentful as we are paying for everything and she is not very old enough to not contribute to the household.

One day we took them for a long drive to see the fall foliage and she was poo poo-talking in the car about me and my husband in Hindi. I told her that she needs to speak English. She repeatedly said WHY? I told her because she's in my car and I'm talking to her. She was saying in Hindi how we have no shame and are being overly clever. Reddit, at this point i wanted to throw her out of my car. Since then I have not spoken to her. My husband also was very upset, but started talking to her again after a few days. My husband has tried to convince me to be nice to them as they are only here for a few more days. I refuse. He said that this will be the last time he will invite them because he does acknowledge that his mom is a handful.

Finally they are leaving next week, and I told my husband on the train today I would not be taking them to the airport. I refuse to put any effort and time and skip work just to drive these horrible people to the airport (will take 3 hours of my time). I told him to get an Uber as we can afford it. He became very upset with me and stormed off when we got off the train. I felt really bad that he got mad so I told my boss I will take the day off to drive the in-laws. I feel like I am being taken advantage off and my husband is not defending me.

Reddit, these people are in my house, and are disrespecting me and my marriage. My husband has no spine and does not want to draw the line. He wants me to be nice to his parents who are not even nice to me.

I have suggested couples counseling to him but he has often said that I'm the only one with an issue: he believes that since I agreed to having them for 3 months I should suck it up for the 3 months no matter what, and not complain.

Reddit am I really so wrong for not putting up with this?

​tl;dr: My [30F] husband [35M] invites his parents [60s M/F] to visit us for 3 months (amid my protests). Things go south between me and MIL, husband seems to be taking her side and is now upset with me for no longer being nice to them.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

QuarkJets posted:

Just lol if I'm putting on pants for anyone who doesn't have object permanence.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

QuarkJets posted:

I am a 22 y/o female in DE, currently working as a waitress at a local restaurant to get a little money on the side as I don't need a lot, my parents pay for my apartment and anything big if anything comes up. I previously thought that this was just out of love but I am not so sure anymore, we were invited by close friends to dinner last weekend and as I live a bit further away I decided to stay overnight at my parents house. Me and my parents always had a great relationship, almost too good to be true now that I think about it, I have no siblings and while my dad was gone most of the week as he works a lot, my mom was always there, when he was there however we were almost inseperable.
I still remember him calling me his "little girl" which already has a kind of predatory sound to it, I know I might be looking to deep into this but hear me out: everytime I introduce a dude to them my dad has this kind of coldness, as if he is jealous, he sometimes even seems aggressive, I talked to my mom about this but she says it's just that he has a hard time letting go of me, he indeed seems very attached to me, too attached, sometimes he will give me a clap on the butt and laugh as if it is nothing.

But now for the reason of this post: Saturday morning I woke up and while my parents were out getting groceries and stuff for breakfast, I went into their bedroom to get a pair of my mom's pyjama pants as I only had the pair of jeans with me that I wore the day before. So I opened the wardrobe and look through her clothes and notice a box at the bottom of the wardrobe.
I take a look inside and there are tons of photos, seemingly innocent family photos, pictures of me as a kid and such.
But in a separate stack with baby pictures, I got severely disturbed when I found pictures of my dad, COMPLETELY NAKED in the bathtub, WITH ME as a naked baby lying ON HIM. Some pictures in that stack seemed normal but sometimes I was completely naked, sitting on his lap or even as they seemingly changed my diapers. I got really sick and immediately left and went home, I still start shaking thinking about his face in these pictures, having that creepy grin on his face. I took the worst of the photos with me just to make sure I have proof they cannot deny in case I can really bring this to court.

I have not answered their calls or texts since, I am too disturbed to even pretend and be nice to them, knowing that even my mom, who I always trusted with all my heart, allowed my father to abuse me like that.
What are the chances that I have success by going to the police with the photos? What should I say? I don't want them to inform my father that I reported him as long as he is still at large. Thank you.

whenever I see a title like that, I immediately say "Yes." then read the story

for once I was pleasantly surprised (by the lack of pedophilia, not by the stupidity)

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

QuarkJets posted:

:ohdear:

This bitch is gonna completely explode her loving family because she has problems with men.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Oct 27, 2018

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [30F] husband [35M] is upset because I refuse to be nice to his parents.

​tl;dr: My [30F] husband [35M] invites his parents [60s M/F] to visit us for 3 months (amid my protests). Things go south between me and MIL, husband seems to be taking her side and is now upset with me for no longer being nice to them.

She has the kind of spouse where you have to record every agreement because they'll remember it differently if you don't.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

QuarkJets posted:

But in a separate stack with baby pictures, I got severely disturbed when I found pictures of my dad, COMPLETELY NAKED in the bathtub, WITH ME as a naked baby lying ON HIM. Some pictures in that stack seemed normal but sometimes I was completely naked, sitting on his lap or even as they seemingly changed my diapers. I got really sick and immediately left and went home, I still start shaking thinking about his face in these pictures, having that creepy grin on his face. I took the worst of the photos with me just to make sure I have proof they cannot deny in case I can really bring this to court

I'm not sure if this counts as incest, but while I was growing up I'm pretty sure my dad was loving my mum.

Call police? yes/no?

Auto Level Yoshi
Aug 14, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My wife is upset at me because the guy she was cheating on me with sent me a video of them together.

I’m 25, and my wife is 27. We have a 5 year old daughter and we have been together for about 10 years. I’m not surprised that she cheated, she probably got bored of me and it’s just something that happens all the time. I’ve kept myself in shape and everything so I don’t know why she’s bored of me and I still treat her the same.

Apparently she had been seeing him for a whole year. It was when my mom passed away and I had to go do a lot of things with my family out of the country and it was a lot of work to get her buried outside of the country back to our homeland. That was one of the most painful things I went through. Then, my family had other financial problems and everybody was fighting over what my mom had left behind and I had to split it up between everybody because they were fighting too much.

Then one of my brothers got depressed and turned suicidal so i had been helping him get through that. All that going on and she had an affair. I didn’t confront her immediately because I was just overwhelmed with everything. It was a few weeks after that she went looking through my phone and found the video and she got really upset with me over it.

Then our sex life got really complicated because she had done things for him that she had always denied me. I got tired of it and just kinda gave up and I’m mostly with her for our daughter and also because I’m pretty sure tha no other woman would want wasted goods who already had a daughter. So things have been complicated since, she’s still mad at me because I still had the video in my messages. Then he ended up getting in a car accident and dying so my wife has been pretty sad about that.

I don’t know what the gently caress I’m even feeling anymore, I’m mostly just numb and I’m just living life boring and day to day not expecting things to ever get better because I don’t deserve it. I guess I’m here for any advice since I can’t really come up with any solutions to my problems

TL:DR My partner is upset at me because her lover sent me a video of her cheating on me

divorce the bitch asap

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

504 posted:

I'm not sure if this counts as incest, but while I was growing up I'm pretty sure my dad was loving my mum.

Call police? yes/no?

The new story of Oedipus is that lady trying to get her dad locked away because she found some old family photos in a drawer

The whole thing is just so mindblowingly stupid and literally everyone is like "wtf there's nothing pedophilic about what you've described" and she's trying to shout them down with moral indignation. "Some day you'll look back at this moment and realize that I was right all along, dad bathing his infant is for-sure a pedophile"

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Oct 27, 2018

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
A few months back someone posted a picture of a dad in swimtrunks holding his infant in a freezing cold shower desperately trying to get her temp down because she had a fever.

Anyway people were posting about what a horrible thing the family was going through and how great the dad was. Then someone comes on and says something like 'OMG that's abuse! Men should never shower with children! If I knew your details I'd call the police.'

Good to know that person is still out there.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
A happy update:

[UPDATE] Neighbor threatened to sue over a wheelchair ramp

quote:

So I put up a bunch of cameras around my property and hung up a “Smile! You’re On Camera!” sign right after my first post. I also lit up the ramp some more, which I was already planning on doing because of trick-or-treaters.

I’m excited to say my neighbor’s husband personally came over to apologize to me, which I caught on camera. He claimed his wife is “stressed” over their new baby, which…okay…and promised not to bother us anymore. I suspect one of the neighbors I talked to read him the riot act. I accepted the apology but am keeping the number of a lawyer close by and the cameras are always rolling. Dislike being so paranoid but what are you going to do?

EDIT: Previous post!

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/9q58k8/neighbor_threatening_to_sue_over_wheelchair_ramp/

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

quote:

Then he ended up getting in a car accident and dying so my wife has been pretty sad about that.

:owned:

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
What I like about that one is he is still so crippled by depression. He doesn’t need to tell us, his writing style is the equivalent of a blunt affect.

Sucks that his wife is horrible, though.
And why on earth did the other man send the video? Did he disclose why before his untimely demise?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

Haifisch posted:

[Toronto Canada] Hit a Pedestrian a few days ago, how screwed am I?

:thermidor:

I believe the phrase OP needs to hear is "totally hosed, have fun with that"

ArbitraryC posted:

I know a dude that went to prison for manslaughter for 3 years because he hit and killed a dude with a loving suicide note on him that purposely jumped into his car then blew numbers on a breathalyzer and he never tried to rationalize it away like MOTHERFUCKER SHOULDN'T HAVE JUMPED INTO MY CAR

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 27, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

MrQwerty posted:

I believe the phrase OP needs to hear is "totally hosed, have fun with that"

I know a dude that went to prison for manslaughter for 3 years because he hit and killed a dude with a loving suicide note on him that purposely jumped into his car then blew numbers on a breathalyzer and he never tried to rationalize it away like MOTHERFUCKER SHOULDN'T HAVE JUMPED INTO MY CAR

What?! Holy poo poo.

Speaking of suicides...

Ut My brother shot himself, is his gun a part of evidence? Do police ever release the gun back to the family/spouse?

quote:

What the title says.

Basically is my brother's pistol forever gone because it was used to shoot somebody, or is it just considered property and part of his estate now that their investigation is done?

I want to know if I can legally get it back from the police.

quote:

Well that's the thing I'm asking about.

You were given back your firearms.

My brother is dead. He was a legal owner of the gun.

He used it to kill somebody (himself). Does that make the gun permanently tainted and part of a "death by gunshot" investigation?

Or, since he shot himself and there was no foul play, the gun is not tainted and considered personal property and part of his estate?

Why would you want the gun back? 'Yeop, this here is my brother's suicide gun. They don't make 'em like they used to!'

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LadyPictureShow posted:

What?! Holy poo poo.

If your BAC is not .00 and you kill someone they are going to railroad you no matter the circumstances, for good reason

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

MrQwerty posted:

If your BAC is not .00 and you kill someone they are going to railroad you no matter the circumstances, for good reason

Unless you're a cop and they're black

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

I still remember him calling me his "little girl" which already has a kind of predatory sound to it, 

Anyway, you moonbat, there's nothing wrong with handling a naked baby. In fact, skin to skin time is recommended. It's your mom that's the pervert, taking pictures of naked babies. Arrest her

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Unless you're a cop and they're black

true enough, sadly; then it's HOW DO WE SANITIZE THIS ENOUGH TO NOT CREATE A RIOT AND ALSO PUT BLAME ON THE VICTIM?

The driver in the OP is obviously not a police officer

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 27, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

MrQwerty posted:

Yeah, I get that, my 'What?!' was in regards to 'guy with suicide note jumped in front of his car'.

That's one way to do it though, I suppose.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Motherfucker posted:

This bitch is gonna completely explode her loving family because she has problems with men.

I think it's more likely a crazy person who has had too much online time rather than a "bitch who hates men" or whatever.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

LadyPictureShow posted:

Yeah, I get that, my 'What?!' was in regards to 'guy with suicide note jumped in front of his car'.

That's one way to do it though, I suppose.

My uncle was also condemned for manslaughter for running over a suicide, there were notes both on her person and home, plus she jumped in front of the car in a part of the road that wasn't illuminated (3rd world country) in a highway at night. He was sober, at least, so he was never incarcerated, but he did pay damages to the family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Jesus. If you need to kill yourself just get a loving gun or a rope or some pills there's a bunch of ways to do it that don't involve destroying some innocent stranger.