Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I watched maybe 30 seconds of it and lost interest.

Let me recap the rest of the video.

Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew useless missile pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew weapons overheating pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew useless missile pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew weapons overheating pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew weapons overheating pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew shields are finally going down pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew weapons overheating pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew boom

e:

That's what I call a snype!

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Sarsapariller posted:

The point is to make the UI look very complicated and technological.

In reality, it's supposed to be your "Signature" such that others can lock onto you. But obviously everyone can target everyone else at the same range, and also the player's graph is just copy-pasted over where the targets should be. It's just more useless gewgaws crammed into the game because someone on the design team thought it would be super tactical and cool, but then nobody knew how to make them work so the whole thing was just summarily dropped, but then nobody knew how to take them out either so now it's just there forever, on every screen.

I want the Argon levels tracked in real time and displayed in PPM in a giant box at the very center of my HUD.

The UI makes me laugh whenever I see gameplay footage. Yeah I guess they planned some sort of super deep scanning and stealth mechanics based on all of the radiation you throw off from your ships's systems. What's really funny is that its showing "EM" and "IR". You would assume EM is your total output across the electromagnetic spectrum and IR is your output of infrared radiation, but the number for IR is always higher than EM which is physically impossible. So another win for "Real Physics".

It's amazing to me how many mechanics they've just dropped or let languish in a broken state for years, especially since most of them involve spaceships and spaceship combat, which is supposedly the core of the game. Even with the huge volume of videos they put out, its almost impossible to pin down what they're working on or what their priorities of work even are. It generally just amounts to vague promises of further busting the scope based on some insane backer request, or just waving hands around and saying "we envision X mechanic to someday kind-of-sort-of being Y."

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 28, 2018

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

colonelwest posted:

its almost impossible to pin down what they're working on or what their priorities of work even are.

They are working on the next big thing and their priority is to get more money. Please, pay more attention.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

This game is a big fat mess

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

I got to about line two showing the tax rebates (from tax disclosure) that is nearly twice as much as the actual tax rebates (from tax disclosure) and realised I'd already put too much effort into reading this.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

LOL, the dissonance is funny.

Sure, ED has its faults, and i think most players acknowledge those, and more importantly, FD do as well. But its been released for 4 years and given many players hundreds or thousands of hours of enjoyment.

SC on the other hand, a game made by someone who constantly hypes, lies, and says whatever it takes to secure more funding, is still in alpha, a buggy mess, and still has no release in sight, and yet somehow is already better than ED? And the fans will either not admit the failings or defend it with ITS ALPHA!

What is it Citizens say? "I'd rather have a good game later than a crappy game now."

Well, sorry Citizens, but you have a crap game now, and you might still have a crap game upon release as well.

Its all very subjective which games you like, but at least ED is something playable, and for those who enjoy it, its a great game. I'm not sure how many people can tryly say they enjoy SC in its current state.

Nice meltdown

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/myles_mylo87/status/1056388837608349696

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

shrach posted:

I got to about line two showing the tax rebates (from tax disclosure) that is nearly twice as much as the actual tax rebates (from tax disclosure) and realised I'd already put too much effort into reading this.

Where in the document? Is that the 3,693,981 stated as non taxable in page 28?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it's a shame he can't play SC games for entertainment

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9s20t7/anyone_see_the_infrastructure_cig_is_building_and/

:allears:

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Blue On Blue posted:

He forgot to add another 10% for Hollywood tax

And he is only using 2 studios , dont they have 3 others ? They're easily in debt every year to the tune of 5mil, and the only thing keeping them afloat are loans with huge strings attached

The only reason they're getting the loans is because they can show taking in 30+ mil a year, but after 6 years even the stupidest loan shark will start asking how long that is sustainable for

No, he extended the calculation to all their studios ( 500 employees ).

But the funny part is that he only calculated employees costs.

Like, it's a well known fact that companies don't have to pay VAT, taxes, legal stuff, bonuses ( especially Chris & family's ), eletricity, hardware+software licenses, office rent, motion cap, servers+bandwidth, and the thousands of other insignificant expenses that will certainly NOT raise that number up.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Yep, hacking poo poo together and making sure it all sticks without the player noticing is easy.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

MedicineHut posted:

Where in the document? Is that the 3,693,981 stated as non taxable in page 28?

Basically yes. It's essentially the same figure as, "other operating income" on the profit and loss account (page 8). While in the actual Foundry 42 Ltd accounts (also page 8), because they filed two lots of six months, you add together £1.88m and £1.81 and arrive at the same £3.69m. It is clearly labelled in note 6 (page 18) of the Foundry 42 Ltd accounts.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I watched maybe 30 seconds of it and lost interest.

I legit just randomly skipped to random parts of the vid and was like "either i have a wicked head cold or this video repeats itself"

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

a mysterious cloak posted:

Cool, good to know! I might grab an earlier one on the cheap to play with a bit.

I’ll recommend x3:albion prelude and litcube’s universe mod. You can try a campaign run through, but you’re expected to hit certain milestones before advancing missions and it’s sometimes terrible at telegraphing.

The vanilla game is liable to cheesing the Teladi stockmarket.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/kinshadow/status/1056554178670149638

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I just checked and the material is still the same: The game sucks poo poo and you're getting scammed.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Also lol at anyone scrambling through CIG UK's tax report like it's gonna be the golden gun or something. CIG are incompetent as gently caress but they're not just gonna be like "lol yeah we're insolvent" in the one tax form they have to publicly share.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Goblin posted:

I just checked and the material is still the same: The game sucks poo poo and you're getting scammed.

No, i’m fairly sure that they’ve shown us, and that the number of times they lose sync, crash or otherwise bug the gently caress out is merely polish rather than the technical problems that we’ve been talking about.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I think it's not fair to expect Roberts Savings & Investments to know how to do their taxes. They put all their efforts into looking good, so you can believe they'd print it off at the highest DPI, on the finest quality paper available, and hand-deliver it personally so the cost of renting the Porsche can be considered a business expense. Accuracy, reliability, competency... not so much the case, so yes there are errors in places, of course it's months delayed, and it's probably got a few pages stapled in upside down, but nobody's ever tried to account for a company like this before. Give it a year, their accounts will be in perfect order.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

TheDarkFlame posted:

Roberts Savings & Investments

Oh. So that's what RSI stood for, neat.
(Give it a year, that shell company will exist)

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

<at robert's savings and loan, to a crowd of citizens>

I don't have your money! It's in...its in Bill's hammerhead, and Frank's kraken, and John's Aurora? Don't you see?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

These people... what in the gently caress.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

EvilMerlin posted:

Beg all you want. I'm sure you are used to it.

Yep, I enjoy playing Star Citizen as it is today.
Yep, I know its not complete, that it is very late, and that it is full of bugs.

OMG. Imagine that.

But I also know its not a scam. Or rather I should say, I have no evidence that it is a scam at this time and still feel comfortable not requesting a refund.

Nice meltdown, I rate you a solid 7 on the Branden scale

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

EvilMerlin posted:

Beg all you want. I'm sure you are used to it.

Yep, I enjoy playing Star Citizen as it is today.
Yep, I know its not complete, that it is very late, and that it is full of bugs.

OMG. Imagine that.

But I also know its not a scam. Or rather I should say, I have no evidence that it is a scam at this time and still feel comfortable not requesting a refund.

Lol, you are awful with money.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

What could be scarier? How about someone using their free time to carve a pumpkin into the image of an unimaginative, nonexistent city dreamed up by a career fraud who stole people's money under the guise of making a game? Maybe, "Kinshadow," if you're going for horror potential, you should try carving that pumpkin in your own image, underscored with the words "I REPRODUCED."

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You know, normally the comedy provided at citizen con last longer but this time around they (and we) got nothing, 3.3 is 3.2 with more bugs and a better framerate, and there is basically not a single thing to be excited about or to mock outside stupid faces.

Boooo, Roberts, booooo.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
/r/StarCitizen: Star Citizen in-game ship price and grind-time-to-earn speculative estimates "at launch"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's amazing how many citizens are just regurgitating the "actually it should be in man hours cause you'll have a whole crew working towards one ship" line without stopping to consider the consequences of having ships that can only be earned by a dozen people all working together for a week.

also lol at "12,000 hours to earn a Hull E"

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

:crobear:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Goblin posted:

In fairness to the pumpkin guy, what the gently caress are you even supposed to do with something like this

It's like somehow offensively generic and completely overwrought at the same time.

At least the kilrathi wore clothes. :shrug:

I think these things look like Giger crosses with the Halo alien crossed with that Mass Effect race Turians(?).

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Maybe it is god of the gaps, but those gaps are so wide you drive a Ben Lesnick through them.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nyast posted:

No, he extended the calculation to all their studios ( 500 employees ).

But the funny part is that he only calculated employees costs.

Like, it's a well known fact that companies don't have to pay VAT, taxes, legal stuff, bonuses ( especially Chris & family's ), eletricity, hardware+software licenses, office rent, motion cap, servers+bandwidth, and the thousands of other insignificant expenses that will certainly NOT raise that number up.

He also fails to consider CR's words that employees in the UK are half the price of those in the US.... although i find those words a little strange myself, i find it hard to believe there is a 2:1 difference in cost. Maybe if you are not talking salary costs but also factoring in office space rent and stuff.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MedicineHut posted:

Nice meltdown

I try.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Im not loving crazy.

The vid is the same fight twice?

3:16 and 11:00 has like... the exact same attack sequence, jump to lightspeed and re-appear, approqch, and attack.

Why?

If its two separate fights why does it look exactly the same?

Help

I was like, surely not, then i watched and i was like no way! It is!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

For anyone trying to parse this, the only part that matters is the blue column- that's his hours to earn the ship at 50k UEC per hour, which is a completely ludicrous estimate.

Yep all looks good, 1 hour to earn a bike, 30 hours to earn the best combat fighter in the game, 400 hours to earn a group-oriented corvette, and 21,000 hours to earn a capital ship. No gaps there, no sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Goblin posted:

It's amazing how many citizens are just regurgitating the "actually it should be in man hours cause you'll have a whole crew working towards one ship" line without stopping to consider the consequences of having ships that can only be earned by a dozen people all working together for a week.

also lol at "12,000 hours to earn a Hull E"

I actually can see a lot of ways that org-based ownership could work, if they actually built the mechanics for it. But they haven't and there's no indication they ever will, and they've already sold the ship to individual accounts. But hey you keep believing whatever gets you up and spending, Citizens.