Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Modrasone posted:

The way I see it going down is this. Rick and Darryl are back from a mission to bring back a load of propane tanks from some place. They're now back at the camp and they stare proudly at the huge pile of logs they brought back, which are far too big and numerous for them to feasibly transport. Propane is never mentioned again. With a smile Rick says "This is it . . . . this is the start of sumthan". Darryl turns around with a fresh cut on his forehead and drawls angrily "yeah well I've done survivin and now I gotta livin" and punches Rick on the side of the head. Rick falls backwards and four zombies can be seen approaching him from behind. Darryl gets in a car which has never been in frame up until this point. He turns the keys and the car inexplicably reverses down an embankment and into a pond. "Abraham!" Rick shouts, scrambling to his feet. He is now carrying a rope. He flings the rope into the river in the general direction of the sinking car. The seven zombies get closer. Two people we've never seen before come to help. They start tugging on the rope and just as the car sinks into the lake Darryl can be seen clutching to the end of it and is hauled to safety. Darryl and Rick nod at each other but suddently the car comes roaring out of the lake and drives straight into Rick, trapping him at the waist. The three zombies are getting nearer. The four redshirts and Darryl fight the five zombies off before they can get to Rick but a tree falls on his head triggering a flashback sequence that lasts three seasons.

Is that you, Scott Gimple?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Watching season 1, woof Andrew Lincoln's accent was so bad. Not only was it Not A Georgia Accent, I'm pretty sure nobody in America talks like that

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

precision posted:

Watching season 1, woof Andrew Lincoln's accent was so bad. Not only was it Not A Georgia Accent, I'm pretty sure nobody in America talks like that

'Lord of the Raaaaaaangs'

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I dunno what movie it is but a lot of Brits seem to get their twang from the same place

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
They mostly get it from their voice coach. Where their voice coach is getting it from, I have no idea.

Like Brits make fun of Americans for doing East London accents instead of North Bristol, but at least we're in the right bloody country

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It's mostly just Andrew Lincoln, he's always been especially bad and memed for it.
Early Hugh Laurie interviews during House's first run had studio audiences in disbelief at his normal speaking voice, for comparison.

I can't think of many other examples outside of film, but British actors usually nail it pretty decently.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I got really mad at whatever the hell accent the girl had in Ozark

But it didn't matter much because that show sucked

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Khablam posted:

It's mostly just Andrew Lincoln, he's always been especially bad and memed for it.
Early Hugh Laurie interviews during House's first run had studio audiences in disbelief at his normal speaking voice, for comparison.

I can't think of many other examples outside of film, but British actors usually nail it pretty decently.

There's a guy in The Americans who is welsh as gently caress.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
My hope for Rick's end is that he is injured or in a bad spot and gets picked up by the helicopter. As it's flying into the distance, the heli spins out and crashes (could be a nod to the infamous Dawn of the Dead original ending). The survivors watching this make it to the crash site but by that time, everyone is gone and the outcome doesn't look good. Ambiguous and dramatic.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I will be incredibly surprised if they don't leave Rick's death ambiguous as gently caress

the real question is who else is gonna die with Rick? I've got money on Carol, or Maggie, or like twenty redshirts

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Yea, there's a ton of english actors that do american well enough to fool most audiences, within film and TV. It's not that hard, really, so long as you don't aim for a specific accent that probably doesn't exist other than in Hollywood. The same applies in reverse to American actors being mostly good at performing british accents vs them trying to ape Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Rick's american accent is one thing but...

What about Darl's unaudible grumbling?

Or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbmbDJwX9j0&t=130s

Can anyone pick up what he says without looking it up?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Khablam posted:

The camera pans out as we see Rick certainly doomed BUT WAIT .. is that a dumpster being carried by the chopper?

And holy poo poo, is that Glenn piloting it?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Gortarius posted:

Rick's american accent is one thing but...

What about Darl's unaudible grumbling?

Or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbmbDJwX9j0&t=130s

Can anyone pick up what he says without looking it up?
You expect a man to be sane after hearing someone yell PHALANX OUT!!

?

e: oh god, i'd totally forgotten the tiger with a FoF heads up radar

Khablam fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 25, 2018

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I figured that they only way to kind of snap most of the characters out of this murder cycle was going to be that Maggie gathers up a posse to kill Negan, and then Rick dies saving Negan's life. That would wake people like Maggie and Darryl up. Show the Saviors that people are not only to work with them, but die for them. And just kind of be one of those important moments to everyone there that would make the kind of difference needed to maybe break the cycle of violence.

But lol naw, he'll be given to the Helicopter people who are willing to waste supplies for trade and the insane amount of gas needed for the helicopter in exchange for like 1 dude.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Taear posted:

There's a guy in The Americans who is welsh as gently caress.

And his American accent is flawless. It's a thing of beauty.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Didn't think too much of Rick's accent until I found out he was English. Morgan too, and I only found that out this year

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've lived near Georgia over half my life, that's why I noticed. Literally nobody in Georgia sounds even remotely like Rick.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JossiRossi posted:

I figured that they only way to kind of snap most of the characters out of this murder cycle was going to be that Maggie gathers up a posse to kill Negan,

Don't forget Maggie's suppose to bite the dust this season too.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Blazing Ownager posted:

I want them to go out like the end of Lost.

Smash cut to commercial right after Maggie takes a flying leap at Rick in the rain and gets kicked off a cliff

Slow zoom on Rick prone on the ground, staring up at the sky dying of a stab wound

A helicopter passes overhead

Daryl crawls into frame on all fours and lays down near Rick's head

ElectricSheep fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 28, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I don't understand Rick's Negan plan. He locks him up because "every life matters" but that only makes even a shred of sense if he's thinking that Negan will one day be like "okay I'll be a good person now" and even that is predicated on the assumption he wouldn't just be lying

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

precision posted:

I don't understand Rick's Negan plan. He locks him up because "every life matters" but that only makes even a shred of sense if he's thinking that Negan will one day be like "okay I'll be a good person now" and even that is predicated on the assumption he wouldn't just be lying

He's doing it for Coral.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Also heavy rumors about Michonne as well. The Maggie thing is particularly funny because the producers are vague about her dying and seem to indicate instead she can somehow come back while the actress herself is pretty much like "gently caress those guys, I'm glad this is over!" in so many words in her interviews. I don't think she'll ever come back. Not even sure how that works--is Maggie going to pick up her newborn and go on a Morgan style walkabout into the Z apocalypse alone?

The only good thing is this might force them to deviate from the comics more if they lose so many main characters. But I can't imagine who the leads of the show/leaders of the group will be, or why they'll make us care.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

precision posted:

This *nods* is how we make it worrrk

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
It's just gonna be Darryl, the trash lady, and Jerry

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

brocked posted:

It's just gonna be Darryl, the trash lady, and Jerry

We will never be granted the sweet release of Gabriel death.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Add Negan to that trio, kill everyone else and then basically remake Seinfeld in the Georgian suburbs.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Negan is Kramer, right?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Gabriel as George
Trash Lady as Elaine
Daryl as Jerry

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I’d gladly watch a season of just JDM mugging as Negan, committing over the top acts of violence while taking over the new communities and killing all of the non redshirts.

“Wow that’s hosed up, I can’t believe you’re all making me do this to you”

I can’t get enough of that stuff.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Seeing Negan Unleashed, but on the side of our heroes against some even worse Terminus level bad guys could be oddly satisfying...

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You know AMC would never have the balls but I'd find it hilarious if this whole Rick death thing was a huge troll and they killed nearly everyone BUT Rick on the episode he was supposed to die.

Sure it might be cheap but can you imagine the WHAT THE FUCKS?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
:lol: look at these stupid news publications trying to figure out what's wrong with TWD and why it's in freefall

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/28/the-walking-deads-season-9-ratings-are-plummeting-we-think-we-know-why

The whole article should just read 'Scott Gimple' but they don't have the balls or brains to say the truth.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Why seasons did Scott Gimple ruin? 5 - 8?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gortarius posted:

Why seasons did Scott Gimple ruin? 5 - 8?

All of them except the first episode?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Johnny Truant posted:

All of them except the first episode?

Okay, got it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

He became a producer in S2, and show runner from S4-8, and killed all that was good on Fear after Season 3 was too goddamn good.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

:lol: look at these stupid news publications trying to figure out what's wrong with TWD and why it's in freefall

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/28/the-walking-deads-season-9-ratings-are-plummeting-we-think-we-know-why

The whole article should just read 'Scott Gimple' but they don't have the balls or brains to say the truth.

That’s a lot of words to say “all our characters suck.”

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

LadyPictureShow posted:

He became a producer in S2, and show runner from S4-8, and killed all that was good on Fear after Season 3 was too goddamn good.
Yeah. Based on the insane drop in quality over the past season of Fear, I no longer have any doubt that Gimple is personally responsible for everything that sucks about both series.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Michonne can't stop killin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That bat has cgi blood like negans bat.