Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Niiiice, you gonna get it?

:hmmno:

System Metternich posted:

When my cousin was apartment hunting in Munich a couple of months ago one of the offers he got was, and I kid you not, a 4m² room in a WG for 400€... in Ebersberg, a good 45 S-Bahn minutes away from Munich's city centre :psyduck:

I'm really bad at Quadratmeter/doing square roots, but with 4m² even I can go :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

oliwan posted:

I live with my girlfriend in a 60m2 Altbauwohnung in Kreuzberg for 550€ warm. My part of the rent is 275€ lol

To be fair that's some arcane wizardry poo poo even by our standards. Like, where'd you get a girlfriend?

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
My Wohnung in a Suburb of Offenbach had 120 Bewerbers in 3 days. I got it because I know a guy who knows the mother of my landlord.
No chance I would have been able to move with Hartz4 any other way. There was a time where Wohnungen were build as small as they could for maximum Hartz4-renter-return. By now the space is so limited, even those former "Hartz-Bunkers" are getting real renters (If you don't want to live in the ghetto).
Oh, and it's like 450€ warm for 37-ish m².
Good luck to anyone looking to live somewhere better :(

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/gaborsteingart/status/1056430744422281216

lmao, real quality journalism right here

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

"Problem?"

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

I can be a former Handelsblatt-Chefredeakteur too! :downs:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Smirr posted:

"Problem?"

:smug:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smirr posted:

To be fair that's some arcane wizardry poo poo even by our standards. Like, where'd you get a girlfriend?

lol

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Smirr posted:

:drat:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Why is Riesterrente a thing? It seems like a scam. I don't get it.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Why is Riesterrente a thing? It seems like a scam. I don't get it.

No, you actually get it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Smirr posted:

Expat-bonus, not very much unlike the Exotenbonus German students get in the Erasmus-Programm, I assume <3

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Vereinfacht gesagt ist es so, dass keine Art der privaten Altersvorsorge in Deutschland richtig funktioniert. Insbesondere nicht für Wenig- und Durchschnittsverdiener (und zwar nicht im Sinn der beamtenorientierten Wahlprogramme, sondern im Sinne von "Ich bin Arbeitnehmer in der Nähe des Medianeinkommens.") Und ja, das gilt grundsätzlich auch für die betriebliche Altersvorsorge, außer dein Arbeitgeber gibt die gesparten SV-Beiträge weiter und Du bist in einem der wenigen bAV-Programme, bei denen die Kosten nicht deine Zinserträge (Garantiezins 0,9 % repräsentiert) auffressen.

Ist übrigens ein Grundproblem deutscher Sozialpolitik. Viele Begünstigungen laufen nur über (teilweise) Begünstigungen in der Einkommensteuer, was für jeden der unter, sagen wir mal 42.000-45.000 €/Jahr verdient nicht so wirklich viel bringt. Oder noch besser, nicht so wirklich der Bringer für Leute, die noch voll in den Sozialversicherungsbeiträgen drin sind (also bis ~57,000 € [Beitragsbemessungsgrenze GKV] bzw. ~ :commissar: € [Beitragsbemessungsgrenze ALG1/RV]).

Randler fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 29, 2018

Neuntausend
Sep 11, 2012

Wir werden alle sterben.
Aye. If we had the option to just opt out of KV/SV I probably would, and would instead bury a treasure in my garden. And I say that even though I am usually a big fan of Pflichtversicherungen and overall a somewhat links-grün-versiffte rote Socke.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Randler posted:

Vereinfacht gesagt ist es so, dass keine Art der privaten Altersvorsorge in Deutschland richtig funktioniert. Insbesondere nicht für Wenig- und Durchschnittsverdiener (und zwar nicht im Sinn der beamtenorientierten Wahlprogramme, sondern im Sinne von "Ich bin Arbeitnehmer in der Nähe des Medianeinkommens.") Und ja, das gilt grundsätzlich auch für die betriebliche Altersvorsorge, außer dein Arbeitgeber gibt die gesparten SV-Beiträge weiter und Du bist in einem der wenigen bAV-Programme, bei denen die Kosten nicht deine Zinserträge (Garantiezins 0,9 % repräsentiert) auffressen.

Ist übrigens ein Grundproblem deutscher Sozialpolitik. Viele Begünstigungen laufen nur über (teilweise) Begünstigungen in der Einkommensteuer, was für jeden der unter, sagen wir mal 42.000-45.000 €/Jahr verdient nicht so wirklich viel bringt. Oder noch besser, nicht so wirklich der Bringer für Leute, die noch voll in den Sozialversicherungsbeiträgen drin sind (also bis ~57,000 € [Beitragsbemessungsgrenze GKV] bzw. ~ :commissar: € [Beitragsbemessungsgrenze ALG1/RV]).

I guess I'm just wondering how it got passed by Bundestag cause it very obviously seems like a really dumb scheme and doing some quick googling in the year of our lard 2018 confirms that it has been a net loss for most people. Who voted for this poo poo and why?

Also, what's a good Altersvorsorge?(except drinking yourself to death)

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

I guess I'm just wondering how it got passed by Bundestag cause it very obviously seems like a really dumb scheme and doing some quick googling in the year of our lard 2018 confirms that it has been a net loss for most people. Who voted for this poo poo and why?

When I called the Sozialversicherung asking this very thing they told me to put money in the Riesterrente, and, if already having done that, that I should invest in the stock market. Lol

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Who voted for this poo poo and why?

Es gibt da so 'nen Spruch von den alten Kommunisten...

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

When I called the Sozialversicherung asking this very thing they told me to put money in the Riesterrente, and, if already having done that, that I should invest in the stock market. Lol

Sucks to be at the bottom of a Ponzi scheme that has stopped snowballing.

They should have told you to become verbeamtet and to suck the beast dry before another leech beats you to it. You will have to endure not being allowed to go on strike to protest against your unfair privileges, though.

Short of being a Beamter and having the power of the state in your back to ensure the money keeps flowing, investing into stocks is a good long term option. If only you had some money left after taxes and especially Sozialabgaben.

Einbauschrank fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Oct 30, 2018

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

At least you didn't get offered Bitmünzen

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/wissen/turners-thesen-wohnungsnot-solidarisch-bei-den-eltern-wohnen/23239440.html

quote:

Wohnungsnot: Solidarisch bei den Eltern wohnen
Wer in seiner Heimatstadt studiert, könnte auf eine eigene Wohnung verzichten. Dann hätten externe Kommilitonen mehr Platz, meint unser Kolumnist George Turner.

wh..

quote:

Unser Kolumnist George Turner, Berliner Wissenschaftssenator a.D..

quote:

Ein positiver Nebeneffekt wäre, dass die Öffentlichkeit einmal von Aktivitäten der Asten erführe, die man nicht mit Unverständnis ausdrückendem Kopfschütteln, sondern mit beifälligem Nicken begleiten könnte.

Wer mit dem Autor diskutieren möchte, kann ihm eine E-Mail senden: george.turner@t-online.de

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Nothing wrong with living with your parents or indeed someone else's parents. But lol @ "auf eine eigene Wohnung verzichten"

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

People with no clue and/or people who are in the Versicherungswirtschafts pocket voted for this poo poo.

Also what Randler said. Wer hat uns verraten? ...

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

\

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Smirr posted:

Wer mit dem Autor diskutieren möchte, kann ihm eine E-Mail senden: george.turner@t-online.de

to: George Turner<george.turner@t-online.de>
subject: Diskussion "Wohnungsnot: Solidarisch bei den Eltern wohnen"

Sehr geehrter Herr Turner,

vielleicht könnten Sie uns allen einen Gefallen erweisen und als gutes Beispiel voran in die derzeitige Bleibe Ihrer Eltern einziehen

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
ein Leser

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Did Martenstein quit on them and they're looking for a successor or what

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
whoa what Riester is a scam? gently caress

az
Dec 2, 2005

Zwille posted:

whoa what Riester is a scam? gently caress

rest in peace

jk you wont have enough rente to do that

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Sereri posted:

vielleicht könnten Sie uns allen einen Gefallen erweisen und als gutes Beispiel voran in die derzeitige Bleibe Ihrer Eltern einziehen

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
ein Leser

lol

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Sereri posted:

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
ein Leser

:discourse:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Things we have tried against wohnungsnot:

- living with your parents till you are 45
- entfessel die Kette des freien Marktes

Things we have not tried against wohnungsnot:

- building some loving wohnungs

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Things we have tried against wohnungsnot:

- living with your parents till you are 45
- entfessel die Kette des freien Marktes

Things we have not tried against wohnungsnot:

- building some loving wohnungs

that's what the FDP touts the whole time, thing is, they only want to build money making things and then slap a "Immobilie zu vermieten" sticker on it

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I looked at a Wohnung in Köln last week, which was in a converted office building, and I didn't see a Waschmaschinenanschluss anywhere so I asked the guy about it, and he basically did an IRL Radio Eriwan joke: there will be a communal Waschküche, except only from Q3 2019 going forward (the first half of 2019 will be "nisch janz emissionsfrei hehe"), except there's currently a Waschküche in the Vorderhaus, except we crammed the Vorderhaus full with students, but the good news is that a lot of them do their laundry on the weekend - at their parents' place! - so that would be a good time for me to do my laundry *finger guns*

Essentially he told me up front in so many words that the whole place wasn't even fit to be student housing, and I'm such a huge moron that it took me the better part of an hour to realize why he would just freely, almost gleefully admit to it.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

skipThings posted:

that's what the FDP touts the whole time, thing is, they only want to build money making things and then slap a "Immobilie zu vermieten" sticker on it

Yeah, their plan seems to boil down more or less to "More subventions and higher Wohngeld to blas some more money up the Ärsche of the Vermieters, who will then magically find themselves able and willing to build large numbers of affordable Wohnungen instead of whatever currently maximises their income".

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

skipThings posted:

The FDP is about entfessling the markt, I'm talking about just building high quality affordable flats like we used to actually solve the problem instead of dickng around with entfessling for another decade till the problem becomes so serious that people start burning poo poo.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

BRB, investing in guillotine company stock

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Wait

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
You do have to be in stocks long term; there's a rule of thumb to invest half your age in % of your income into stocks (the % is calculated when you start saving, so the earlier, the better) and I just lost 4% of 'portfolio 'value' ' in a mini-crash, which wiped out about a month's worth of 'investment'.

I'll see myself to the wall

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

My city has just identified building subventionierte Wohnungen as a priority for the next couple of years and useless FDPler are losing their poo poo. Feels good to live in a place where 4 out of 5 seats in local government are rot-grün.

Also we don’t have a clear Riester equivalent, but our kapitalgedeckte Betriebsrenten (called zweite Säule here) are hosed too. No Zinseszinseffekt, many Kassen in desolate shape... Privates Sparen is steuerbegünstigt, but only up to 6700 francs per year, which is not enough to stopf the Löcher caused by demographic change.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Lunar Suite posted:

You do have to be in stocks long term; there's a rule of thumb to invest half your age in % of your income into stocks (the % is calculated when you start saving, so the earlier, the better) and I just lost 4% of 'portfolio 'value' ' in a mini-crash, which wiped out about a month's worth of 'investment'.

Lol, literally same (I’m only invested in an ETF, but it just kind of shat itself)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Lunar Suite posted:

Sic semper expat. :hai: