Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

just lol if you think anyone in this game gives a gently caress about your TP

[cries in warrior]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I give a gently caress about your TP.

As a MCH, I flex really hard and it shoots out an orange ring!

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hunter Noventa posted:

I had a tank like that in The Burn a few days ago. 260 right side...70 AF gear on the left side and he had the temerity to bitch at the healer when we wiped at the end because he never used cooldowns.

His item level wouldnt have been high enough wearing 290 gear. Unless you mean Eureka upgraded?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I commend every melee dps who goads me.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I have a macro to goad the other dps, but I guess I should make another for the tank, since they seem to aoe more often than other melee dpses.

Poops Mcgoots fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 29, 2018

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

"Will suck dick for goad" is my favorite macro I've seen.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Captain Cappy posted:

I saw a warrior throw that out in a raid and goddamn if 3 goad's didnt immediately slam into that dude's TP hole

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

I commend every melee dps who goads me.

This is how I get commends as a red mage by having a macro stating when I use mana shift.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
any time I mana shift a blm in astral or a pld* or whm doing their holy spam and dont get a commend i riot

*i have no idea if this is actually helpful to paladins since presumably their mana pool syncs up with their +magic buff

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
It doesn't really help paladin....at all. They need to use their MP generation ability to do good damage and if they have full mp they will run out on the last holy spirit after Requiescat. It also doesn't help black mages at all since they are heavily focused on working with their usual amount of MP. White mage though. Give them more holy.....always more holy. Generally healers will always appreciate not being on no mp because people can't dodge.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I have a macro to goad the other dps, but I guess I should make another for the tank, since they seem to aoe more often than other melee dpses.

is there a way to macro targeting a specific player? i really only play tanks and have abilities that are only beneficial for tanks, so i make some spells like blackest night or intervention a target-of-target macro so they're naturally probably gonna end up in the right spot

mostly just curious if what other way you could macro that if possible

KoB
May 1, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

is there a way to macro targeting a specific player? i really only play tanks and have abilities that are only beneficial for tanks, so i make some spells like blackest night or intervention a target-of-target macro so they're naturally probably gonna end up in the right spot

mostly just curious if what other way you could macro that if possible

You can target specific numbers in the party list. Like I have shirk with a macro for #2, since thats always the other tank. I'd have to look it up to remember what it is, but it exists.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
It's literally just <2>. My lazy verraise macro that will just res the first dead person on the list for when I play RDM (never anymore) is:
code:
/micon "Verraise"
/macroerror off
/ac "Verraise" <t>
/ac "Verraise" <1>
/ac "Verraise" <2>
/ac "Verraise" <3>
/ac "Verraise" <4>
/ac "Verraise" <5>
/ac "Verraise" <6>
/ac "Verraise" <7>
On the note of fun RDM macros, save yourself a button and combine Jolt and Impact:
code:
/macroicon "impact"
/macroerror off
/ac "Impact" <t>
/ac "Jolt" <t>
Edit:
code:
/micon "Shirk"
/ac "Shirk" <2>
Will use it on the person second on your pt list
code:
/micon "Shirk"
/ac "Shirk" <tt>
Will cast on target of target which should be main tank

Marathanes fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 30, 2018

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Countblanc posted:

any time I mana shift a blm in astral or a pld* or whm doing their holy spam and dont get a commend i riot

*i have no idea if this is actually helpful to paladins since presumably their mana pool syncs up with their +magic buff

The only edge case that's worth giving mana shift to is BRD for another second or two on foes or on a SMN/RDM for raise.

That's pretty much it. BLM's calculate via their normal mana and mana shift can throw that off. PLD's holy spirit based around Requiscat and they can only holy spirit 5 times during that window (running out of MP at the same time.) And mana shifting a PLD for a clemency is worse than mana shifting a healer for multiple heals (unless the PLD's the only person with heals up :v:)

Darkside outright eats Mana Shifts so at least you're not trying to do that.

Kaubocks posted:

just lol if you think anyone in this game gives a gently caress about your TP

[cries in warrior]

:negative: SAM :negative:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Marathanes posted:

It's literally just <2>. My lazy verraise macro that will just res the first dead person on the list for when I play RDM (never anymore) is:
code:
/micon "Verraise"
/macroerror off
/ac "Verraise" <t>
/ac "Verraise" <1>
/ac "Verraise" <2>
/ac "Verraise" <3>
/ac "Verraise" <4>
/ac "Verraise" <5>
/ac "Verraise" <6>
/ac "Verraise" <7>
On the note of fun RDM macros, save yourself a button and combine Jolt and Impact:
code:
/macroicon "impact"
/macroerror off
/ac "Impact" <t>
/ac "Jolt" <t>
Edit:
code:
/micon "Shirk"
/ac "Shirk" <2>
Will use it on the person second on your pt list
code:
/micon "Shirk"
/ac "Shirk" <tt>
Will cast on target of target which should be main tank

Wouldn't that Jolt combo button mean you can't press it in advance and thus hurt your DPS?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Marathanes posted:

Remind me to build a statue in your honor.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Wouldn't that Jolt combo button mean you can't press it in advance and thus hurt your DPS?

You'd think so, but I've never had any issues with it. Which is weird because I've had other macros trying to do similar poo poo fail horribly or lag/delay or do other nonsense crap.

Edit: Be advised I'm not a savage raider or anything, and routinely have good latency, so I could be mistaken, but I've literally never had any issues with it at all.

Edit2: Going back and testing it - you're right, you can't like queue it up a half second before the GCD comes round, but it works with the way I play RDM. I jam the macro button while waiting for the GCD to come round, then tap the dualcast verthunder/veraero during the animation. I doubt it hurts my dps much, if at all with the way I play, but If you're more of a finesse player or have bad latency it may not work so well.

Marathanes fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 30, 2018

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This is a good glam. I've always liked the Thavnairan Bustier

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Mana shift is just casting holy with more steps. Always cast holy.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

KoB posted:

His item level wouldnt have been high enough wearing 290 gear. Unless you mean Eureka upgraded?

No it was all original AF gear...I think his right side was higher, regardless, he was getting his butt handed to him and losing aggro every pull.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Don't use <tt> for Shirk. Basically every time you would want to Shirk (tank swaps or provoke + shirk) you and the other tank are probably ping ponging aggro around which makes <tt> really unreliable.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

In my uneducated opinion, <2> is probably safer since, unless you hosed with your party sort settings, it goes tank, healers, dps from top to bottom. So if you're tanking, party member 2 should be the other tank every time.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Talking of PLD, do you want Requiescat+Holy Spirit dumping to occur during Fight or Flight? Or am I forgetting some fine print on the latter ability here

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

EponymousMrYar posted:

That's pretty much it. BLM's calculate via their normal mana and mana shift can throw that off.

What do you mean, just like "they won't notice" or is it actively harming them somehow

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Zwingley posted:

Talking of PLD, do you want Requiescat+Holy Spirit dumping to occur during Fight or Flight? Or am I forgetting some fine print on the latter ability here

Fight or Flight enhances only your physical damage, and Requiescat enhances only your magic damage. I think Requiescat itself is a physical attack, so it's beneficial and just barely possible to squeeze it into the last few seconds of your FoF window, but the PLD rotation is still FoF into Req into faffing around for 20ish seconds into another round of FoF. As always, you want to pop FoF right before Goring so you can squeeze in a Goring-Authority-Authority-Goring within one FoF window.

I'm still not sure what's optimal during the awkward downtime between Req and FoF besides keeping Goring up and squeezing in Authority?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Just mana shift DRKs. They'll appreciate the attempt.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i try to watch for DRKs that drop darkside during phase transitions or w/e to snipe them because what the heck else am i going to be doing for those 30 seconds

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Countblanc posted:

What do you mean, just like "they won't notice" or is it actively harming them somehow
Either or. I usually count my Fire IV's but sometimes in the heat of battle I get confused when I have enough mana to do my last fire IV and not enough to do a Blizz 3 afterwards, which is usually because I got mana shifted.

So at least in my case, I'd either outright ignore the mana shift or it'd mess me up depending on how accurate my count is :v:

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Brainamp posted:

Vote kick every AST that doesnt give the DRK ewer's

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Countblanc posted:

Their muscle memory will probably make them gloss over it. Exception: tell them in advance to expect it at the end of an AoE rotation and let them fit in an extra flare before transposing.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Doesn't Astral Fire block external MP regen?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Why does SAM AOE cost so much god drat TP still?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cabbit posted:

Why does SAM AOE cost so much god drat TP still?
It's dishonorable.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Brainamp posted:

I did this cause I had no idea about that block effect they have :shobon:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like to occasionally Goad the healer. :shobon:

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by

lightrook posted:

Fight or Flight enhances only your physical damage, and Requiescat enhances only your magic damage. I think Requiescat itself is a physical attack, so it's beneficial and just barely possible to squeeze it into the last few seconds of your FoF window, but the PLD rotation is still FoF into Req into faffing around for 20ish seconds into another round of FoF. As always, you want to pop FoF right before Goring so you can squeeze in a Goring-Authority-Authority-Goring within one FoF window.

I'm still not sure what's optimal during the awkward downtime between Req and FoF besides keeping Goring up and squeezing in Authority?

yep, downtime is just Goring + RA without using CoS or Spirits, then once you're at ~50% mana going back into FoF. Your first downtime is also when you should throw your first Intervention, as you're either close to or at the metre cap.

Edit: Req is a physical attack, and you have a whole GCD and a half to hit it after the last GB. FoF in general has a really lenient uptime, in stark contrast to Req. I find it helpful to wait until you almost clip your GCD to use Req, it's not majorly benficial but it gives you slightly more time on Req in case you need to microwalk or something.

Banjo Kaczynski fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 30, 2018

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Yeah for whatever reason it never clicked that FoF was physical only for me. It was the class I leveled first and then took the longest break from, so. :v:

Thanks for the tips, folks!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

WrightOfWay posted:

Doesn't Astral Fire block external MP regen?

regens yes, getting mana shift is equivalent to like, popping an ether tho i think (so it'll work)

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Captain Cappy posted:

I need to translate this into Japanese, because JP players are really good at Mana Shift'ing me when I'm spamming holy, I can never get a goad when spamming AOE as either SAM or PLD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

So more stuffs are added to MogStation.

Whale: 2 seater for 29.99 USD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIgRQ4GdYys

Golden partitions, 1 for 5 USD, or 3 for 10 USD.

I was hoping the whale could seat more than two... :(