Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If Trump goes to jail we'll only be in the second darkest timeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Here's something I think about every single day: does it make you more heartened or less to know that the people running the show are this fuckin stupid?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I finally got my trainer in Moon to look like me on an average day

http://imgur.com/gallery/yDzYg00

precision fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 30, 2018

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Here's something I think about every single day: does it make you more heartened or less to know that the people running the show are this fuckin stupid?

The biggest flaw in all conspiracy theories are that people, especially those that work in government, are competent enough to do pretty much anything. Like this right here is what happens when you actually try to hire crisis actors and fake accusations. It's like when that other jackass tried to pull some fake #metoo bullshit at the Washinton Post and because they actually do basic reporting research, it fell apart like instantly.

So yeah overall it makes me feel better, though not as much so when they get away with it anyways again and again.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

precision posted:

I dated the woman who dies in the first 5 minutes of Blood and Donuts. She said David Cronenberg was really nice. Then again, he wasn't directing that one.

My high school drama 101 teacher was ER Nurse #1 in Stranger than Fiction and only fessed up to it when someone brought in a clip. Emma Thompson was super nice to the extras and Queen Latifah was apparently super lovely to them.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/JaneMayerNYer/status/1057371849439502338

Need to decide whether this would be better as a Coen Bros. or Soderbergh movie.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Egbert Souse posted:

https://twitter.com/JaneMayerNYer/status/1057371849439502338

Need to decide whether this would be better as a Coen Bros. or Soderbergh movie.

Amazing. He didn't even darken the picture enough and you can still make out most of the features of his face.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1057382916760707072

It's possible that he realized everyone who buys his albums loving hates Trump and that no matter how many nice things the MAGA chuds say about him none of them were every going spend a dime on his music or merch.

Or, you know, he's insane, but all his friends also loving hate Trump and one of them finally got through to him.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Skwirl posted:

It's possible that he realized everyone who buys his albums loving hates Trump and that no matter how many nice things the MAGA chuds say about him none of them were every going spend a dime on his music or merch.

Or, you know, he's insane, but all his friends also loving hate Trump and one of them finally got through to him.

He's also throwing his full support behind a democratic candidate in Chicago. As much as people clowned on Ye, his wife actually got Trump to pardon a person who actually deserved it, and his televised meeting with Trump showed that he had no problem invoking Larry Hoover's name and the corrupt political motivations behind his incarceration. Hoover was definitely no angel, but he's the leader of one of the biggest, most influential gangs in the country, and it's absolutely loving stupid that they keep him in a hole instead of out there bridging truces and trying to end the war on the streets. A funeral got shot up in Chicago last week, this week they're pulling out bodies from the river near my mom's house. poo poo's like a loving horror movie over there.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm so glad that Twitter links don't actually show the tweet in question on the awful app

Burn twitter to the ground

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They do. You have you’re turned off

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

For anyone who was wondering about Bohemian Rhapsody, reviews are starting to come out and the consensus seems to be that Malek kills it as Freddie Mercury but the rest of the movie is terrible.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Timby posted:

For anyone who was wondering about Bohemian Rhapsody, reviews are starting to come out and the consensus seems to be that Malek kills it as Freddie Mercury but the rest of the movie is terrible.

Sounds about par for course for biopics (really, really good leading performance with an at best forgettable movie around them, e.g. Jamie Foxx in Ray)

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

precision posted:

I'm so glad that Twitter links don't actually show the tweet in question on the awful app

Burn twitter to the ground

CelticPredator posted:

They do. You have you’re turned off

It's either what CP said or what happens to me where they just decide not to load sometimes so you have to refresh the page a couple times

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

precision posted:

I dated the woman who dies in the first 5 minutes of Blood and Donuts. She said David Cronenberg was really nice. Then again, he wasn't directing that one.

I can confirm that David Cronenberg is very nice.

I just saw The Favourite. It’s absolutely brilliant. Astonishing. Such complexity. And stunning design, costumes, hair/make-up, cinematography, acting... you name it. A fantastic film. And Olivia Colman also showed up for the Q&A, which was more fun and good-humoured than informative, but nice to see nonetheless.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

therattle posted:

I can confirm that David Cronenberg is very nice.

It seems like a general rule of thumb that the weirder your movies are, the nicer of a person you are. Harmony Korine is another example of this, that guy is just delightful to bullshit with.

Also said woman I dated did makeup on that movie as well.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Today's the 80th Anniversary of one the greatest radio plays ever, and one hell of a prank:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs0K4ApWl4g

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Skwirl posted:

He elaborated why he’s doing this in the tweet before this:

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1057382888520499201?s=20

In other words he chummed around with Candace Owens and in response she tried to claim that Kanye made a series of anti-Dem shirts he never worked on.

You ever hear that story about the scorpion and the frog?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Many, many moons ago, like more than a decade ago, I served a beer to David Cronenberg.

I have no idea what in the everloving hell he was doing in Galena, Illinois, or at my particular hotel, but I thanked him for The Fly and said that I loved his brief cameo in Jason X. Very gracious man, tipped me like ten bucks on a $4 draft.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Timby posted:

So Freddie Mercury is really good but the rest is unremarkable?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

precision posted:

It seems like a general rule of thumb that the weirder your movies are, the nicer of a person you are. Harmony Korine is another example of this, that guy is just delightful to bullshit with.

Also said woman I dated did makeup on that movie as well.

Harmony is very nice too, true.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I met Cronenberg once. He signed my leg. Seemed nice from that extremely brief meeting.

Where's that quote from Scorsese on how he was scared to meet Cronenberg half-expecting some ghoul but then meeting a mild mannered quiet man who looked like a plastic surgeon?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Where's that quote from Scorsese on how he was scared to meet Cronenberg half-expecting some ghoul but then meeting a mild mannered quiet man who looked like a plastic surgeon?

Cronenberg said something like, "You directed loving Taxi Driver, and yet you were scared to meet me?!"

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
What the gently caress at that Hill House ending.

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

Tonight my family and I got to hold my childhood dog as he went to sleep for the last time. I'm going to miss this little guy.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

that is a very photogenic dog

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Sorry for your loss, Nroo.

:(

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Nroo posted:

Tonight my family and I got to hold my childhood dog as he went to sleep for the last time. I'm going to miss this little guy.

No! What a good-looking pupper. So sorry for your loss.

It's been a year of loss all around.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Nroo posted:

That's a great dog and I'm glad that your family was able to give him a good life.

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

that is a very photogenic dog

That's all in the natural lighting and having been recently groomed in each photo. 90% of the time he looked like this lol:

Franchescanado posted:

Sorry for your loss, Nroo.

:(

Timby posted:

No! What a good-looking pupper. So sorry for your loss.

It's been a year of loss all around.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

That's a great dog and I'm glad that your family was able to give him a good life.

Thank you, he lived to the ripe old age of 15 and was an excitable puppy right to the end.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Nroo posted:

That's all in the natural lighting and having been recently groomed in each photo. 90% of the time he looked like this lol:

Still looks cool as heck. Wanna pet him :(

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Nroo posted:

Hahaha, good boy

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Detective Bureau 4-5:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

:golfclap:

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Nroo posted:

Dang he reminds me of my old pup who passed away some years back. RIP little buddy.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I'm just gonna drop this here 'cause it rules http://sdarchive.com/premiere2.html

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

YTOTD: Johnny Johnny (Milly Rock Remix) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wte-0aRjias

I'm honestly surprised. Like you, I probably thought they were loaded with shortening.

The version of daddy finger is almost unrecognizable but I can’t stop laughing at baby shark

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
The dude who keeps beehives at my place told me he's comin' around later to exterminate one of the colonies because it's infected with American Foulbrood

Gonna try and Whitefang them, just kick at the hive with tears in my eyes telling them that I don't want them here anymore and to go away

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I know you're 99.9999% likely joking, but it would be irresponsible to let that poo poo spread to other bees. We're already losing too many of our winged friends.

Nroo posted:

I'm really sorry for your loss. Someday we'll figure out how to make pets live like 65 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah, this is an Old Yeller situation, not a White Fang one.

• Locked thread