Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
does anyone else absolutely hate tanking the Dusk Vigil or it is just me

gently caress that place and the swarms of spawning adds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

homeless snail posted:

It was beautiful. Like the closest this game is gonna get to an interesting social situation like that WoW zombie event, is people trying to enforce the line at Raubahn EX

I missed it and Pipin's GATE, but I was there the day the meteors fell. The Red Chocobo apocalypse.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Rand Brittain posted:

I think Zenos respected the lieutenant who really wanted to kill someone over the ones who just had some boring old agenda.

I just started watching Castlevania s2 on Netflix and I appreciate that pretty much this exact dynamic develops immediately: prop up the outsider lieutenant who should hate your guts but is instead fervently loyal, to the consternation of your traditional allies.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Blockhouse posted:

does anyone else absolutely hate tanking the Dusk Vigil or it is just me

gently caress that place and the swarms of spawning adds

stand by your healer, pick poo poo up when it comes to them

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Just got that guy in my Expert roullete. He did the deeps. Would Recommend.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Reminds me that I need to look into changing my midlander into a catperson named 'Viewing Catscene'.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

I ran into this or a similar gimmick in a pf and when I asked if they were the real yoship they had a macro response about how they are not affiliated with square enix and left immediately

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

KoB posted:

I dont really have a problem with a real money cash shop, the problem comes when we used to get a bunch of cool stuff for events and now we just get some boring housing items, fireworks, and maybe a minion if theyre generous.

If you look back at the previous events it's actually about the same - they just move clothes and mounts to different events each time.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Real money cash shop in a game you have to pay to download and then pay to play is pretty lame in my opinion, but this is the society we live in.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

KoB posted:

I dont really have a problem with a real money cash shop, the problem comes when we used to get a bunch of cool stuff for events and now we just get some boring housing items, fireworks, and maybe a minion if theyre generous.

While I agree with the sentiment that the cash shop is a bit ridiculous for a subscription mmo, this doesn't really make any sense since all their event items end up on the cash shop anyway. More likely they are too busy with the upcoming patch and the expansion.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah, its not like they stopped giving out event mounts, not all events get mounts but that was always the case. The thing that pisses me off about events though, unrelated to mogshop, is they stopped giving them titles!! I want more weird holiday titles.

There were a couple months where I was burnt out but still logged on just to do events to get their titles

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

Yeah, its not like they stopped giving out event mounts, not all events get mounts but that was always the case. The thing that pisses me off about events though, unrelated to mogshop, is they stopped giving them titles!! I want more weird holiday titles.

There were a couple months where I was burnt out but still logged on just to do events to get their titles

Last two events have had titles though?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I require more titles

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm keeping Postwoman as mine for a while.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I had Postwoman until I ranked up to Postmaster, and recently to Pom Friend. Moogle validation is the only kind that counts.

faptown
Dec 6, 2008
Once I got Honest Gillionare I never looked at the title selection menu again.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I only had honest gillionaire on for a couple of weeks before changing to makai white mage to slowly grind for mounts.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Of Dragons Deep or bust

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
deep canal dweller

permanently stuck on makai monk

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Someone got VERY UPSET today at the idea of male viera, and cited Mithra from ffxi on how viera should be handled. Me and the healer hosed with him and started saying how hot male viera will be, especially in the bustier from gold saucer, something that really set him over the edge and he quit the group.

I almost felt bad, but only because he was very good at black mage.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

jokes posted:

Someone got VERY UPSET today at the idea of male viera, and cited Mithra from ffxi on how viera should be handled. Me and the healer hosed with him and started saying how hot male viera will be, especially in the bustier from gold saucer, something that really set him over the edge and he quit the group.

You did a good

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

https://www.fflogs.com/reports/MbA9cfD8mHXw6TgG#fight=10&type=damage-done

We did it boys. Now of course following the last 2 tiers, 10 should be wrapped up by next week, right?

Right?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

jokes posted:

Homosexual agenda is going to buy us all fantasias to go bunny boy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

jokes posted:

Imagine being this threatened by the idea of bunny boys.

SonicRulez posted:

We did it boys. Now of course following the last 2 tiers, 10 should be wrapped up by next week, right?

Right?

*Crimson Breath*

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

SonicRulez posted:

Right?

We'll say yes, I guess. Your SCH will probably have to a lot more healing than that though, it's not a solo healer friendly encounter.

Speaking of O10S:

GET hosed YOU DREARY PIECE OF poo poo

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

O10S is a loving slog and I’m glad to see people get past it.

Sorta on that note, does O11S feel just a bit too long to anyone be else, or is it just me? All the mechanics are cool, it just feels like a fight where someone should have stepped in and made them throw out one mechanic so the fight is a minute shorter to make it really great. The light show at the end after second pantokrator comes to mind as just kinda padding, since it’s the only time he does that style of tank buster, but it’s also a really cool take on tank busters and they should definitely revisit it.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

homeless snail posted:

I require more titles

I require a way to set titles by glamour plate and/or gear set.

Right now, though, I alternate between Monster Hunter and Treasure Hunter.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Leofish posted:

I require a way to set titles by glamour plate and/or gear set.

Right now, though, I alternate between Monster Hunter and Treasure Hunter.

There's a macro command to change titles, you can use that.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

O10S is a loving slog and I’m glad to see people get past it.

Sorta on that note, does O11S feel just a bit too long to anyone be else, or is it just me? All the mechanics are cool, it just feels like a fight where someone should have stepped in and made them throw out one mechanic so the fight is a minute shorter to make it really great. The light show at the end after second pantokrator comes to mind as just kinda padding, since it’s the only time he does that style of tank buster, but it’s also a really cool take on tank busters and they should definitely revisit it.

O11S may be barely on the long side of just right, but I feel it's pretty well paced and has a good variety of mechanics where none get used excessively. It's a fight where you're going up against a giant space robot that's throwing the kitchen sink at you and that's what it feels like.

Also it's worth dying to enrage at least once.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thundarr posted:

O11S may be barely on the long side of just right, but I feel it's pretty well paced and has a good variety of mechanics where none get used excessively. It's a fight where you're going up against a giant space robot that's throwing the kitchen sink at you and that's what it feels like.

Also it's worth dying to enrage at least once.

What happens?

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
He deletes your party.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002559.html

dunno if this got posted. the logos actions seem like a neat idea and I can't wait to see how they gently caress it up

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

pupuru posted:

dunno if this got posted. the logos actions seem like a neat idea and I can't wait to see how they gently caress it up

well you get them via RNG (and can fail the "craft" to make them) so that isnt ideal. i mean RNG skills isnt inherently bad for self-contained content, but if the goal is to make it easier to get poo poo done with whatever combination of jobs you have available rather than letting people try out goofy combos then it's bad since it's entirely possible no one has the logos actions for provoke and tank stance or whatever.

the bigger "how they gently caress it up" is just that it's in eureka in the first place. though again getting to try out a bunch of OP skills with wacky combos could make grinding at least kinda fun in the way its fun to mindlessly blow up poo poo in diablo, but i doubt it'll shake out like that.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Because its Eureka there's going to be fate bosses that only spawn if people use the right combination of RNG acquired skills

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Being that it's Eureka content, I'm excited to ignore it's existence and never experience it.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
snowing, at night, 3 dps with tank stances on, 1 healer with melee damage boost, kill 100 lvl 50 mobs within 5 minutes

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

pupuru posted:

How did all this vomit get on my screen

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Renegret posted:

Being that it's Eureka content, I'm excited to ignore it's existence and never experience it.
:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Renegret posted:

hell yes ignoring eureka crew, love to actually have fun playing my game