Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

insertdumbnamehere posted:

Rapid City.

And +1 to Gabby being the best.

I am honestly surprised at how deep the wolverine well appears to be that you can staple parts of him to literally anything and it seems to be working out pretty well on the page.

Also: Ugh, westriver hillbillies. East River South Dakota is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Gavok posted:

Yeah, but the last run's end really did go too far with it. Duggan had a good mix of happy and sad stuff happening to Deadpool

I liked it, but Duggan's run was basically this:

One story starts with Deadpool making fun of Sabretooth's hair and ends with Deadpool killing his parents and burning their house down

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Calaveron posted:

Never ask Logan about the stuffed pelican. He will just grow quiet and go brood with a twelve pack while looking at a picture in his wallet

Now I want at least 1 issue in a comic where it's just Wolverine doing this whenever people ask him about various stuff.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Gologle posted:

Now I want at least 1 issue in a comic where it's just Wolverine doing this whenever people ask him about various stuff.

Including mundane stuff. Like 'Are we out of milk?' makes him remember the time a milk-mutant was tragically imploded, and a Levis ad has him pining for Jean.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Zodiac5000 posted:

I am honestly surprised at how deep the wolverine well appears to be that you can staple parts of him to literally anything and it seems to be working out pretty well on the page.

Also: Ugh, westriver hillbillies. East River South Dakota is the best.

Wolverine is a good archetype. You can throw him into any sort of plot, and he fits.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Wolverine is a good archetype. You can throw him into any sort of plot, and he fits.

Yes, but that's how you get your plot full of holes.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Open Marriage Night posted:

He's a classic mythological figure. To the dying-and-resurrected harvest god, the trickster, and the culture hero who brings forbidden knowledge from the underworld, we can add: the short dude with knives for hands.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wolverine Catches The Doubting Wheel and Cooks It Into Soup

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

FMguru posted:

He's a classic mythological figure. To the dying-and-resurrected harvest god, the trickster, and the culture hero who brings forbidden knowledge from the underworld, we can add: the short dude with knives for hands.

During Greg Pak' s run on Herculse (where he took over the Hulk's book.) He got together a team of Heroes to take on Olympus.
There was an entire bit about how a number of Heroes (Spider-man, Wolverine and Spider Woman) were mythological archetype.
Wolverine was like Cú Chulainn, the Beserker warrior who is consumed by violence but doesn't want to be trapped in it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Alhazred posted:

I liked it, but Duggan's run was basically this:

One story starts with Deadpool making fun of Sabretooth's hair and ends with Deadpool killing his parents and burning their house down

Yeah, that was some whiplash.

Also, the road-trip he took with Cap and Wolverine was... grim.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Question IRL posted:

During Greg Pak' s run on Herculse (where he took over the Hulk's book.) He got together a team of Heroes to take on Olympus.
There was an entire bit about how a number of Heroes (Spider-man, Wolverine and Spider Woman) were mythological archetype.
Wolverine was like Cú Chulainn, the Beserker warrior who is consumed by violence but doesn't want to be trapped in it.

I assume Spider-Man was Anansi, even though it doesn't fit that well, what was Spider-Woman?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

and much like Cú Chulainn, Wolverine Fucks

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Phy posted:

Wolverine Catches The Doubting Wheel and Cooks It Into Soup

Wolverine going to Glorantha is probably the only type of story he hasn't been in so far, so that fits.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

evilmiera posted:

Wolverine going to Glorantha is probably the only type of story he hasn't been in so far, so that fits.

Also, Howard the Duck should be with him.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

evilmiera posted:

Wolverine has not just god-quested...

He's succeeded.

Best there is at what he does.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Elfface posted:

Including mundane stuff. Like 'Are we out of milk?' makes him remember the time a milk-mutant was tragically imploded, and a Levis ad has him pining for Jean.

Now there's an image in my head of Wolverine lamenting about how he never sealed a threesome with Madelyne Pryor and Jean Grey and how he's never been able to "slip in to his favorite pair of Jeans".

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

Now there's an image in my head of Wolverine lamenting about how he never sealed a threesome with Madelyne Pryor and Jean Grey and how he's never been able to "slip in to his favorite pair of Jeans".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoNWwhzh3M

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Skwirl posted:

I assume Spider-Man was Anansi, even though it doesn't fit that well, what was Spider-Woman?

Yes Spider-man was Anansi. (And trickster God who prevails through his wits is a decent fit for Peter.)

I think Jessica Drew was Kali (possibly Shiva.) I can't remember the rational for it. But I really liked the Pakk/ Fred Van Lente run on Herc.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Nessus posted:

Wolverine has not just god-quested...

He's succeeded.

Best there is at what he does.

I wonder what kind of treasure Wolverine would bring back? An everflowing meadhorn?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The First Cigar

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Question IRL posted:

Yes Spider-man was Anansi. (And trickster God who prevails through his wits is a decent fit for Peter.)

I think Jessica Drew was Kali (possibly Shiva.) I can't remember the rational for it. But I really liked the Pakk/ Fred Van Lente run on Herc.

Spider-Man doesn't actually trick people that often, he usually succeeds through sheer determination. There's definitely stories where he's tricked someone, but it's not his M.O.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Skwirl posted:

Spider-Man doesn't actually trick people that often, he usually succeeds through sheer determination. There's definitely stories where he's tricked someone, but it's not his M.O.

I think it's less about tricking and more about outsmarting, which Pete does quite a bit of.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Cabbit posted:

I think it's less about tricking and more about outsmarting, which Pete does quite a bit of.

Or talking someone to death like the Phoenix force.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Also his Parker luck, which absolutely has to be the work of at least three trickster gods.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The main thing that makes Peter not a trickster archetype is that those guys make as many problems as they cause and constantly outsmart themselves and have their schemes collapse on their heads in the end. Peter does have a poo poo life due to deciding to be Spider-man, but that's not really the same.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

From a Detective Chimp team-up story in last week's Batman Secret Files.

skip a few pages

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 4, 2018

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hanakaku - The Last Girl Standing, vol 1 ch 6

A manga following smol girl Hanaka who wants to get stronger but is rejected from all the sports and martial arts school clubs because she's too weak, joins an all girl MMA gym at the recommendation of a girl from her class that saves her from a street harasser named Koharu (the blonde with the ponytail). This scene takes place after Koharu won a competition fight in the previous chapter (flashback on the 4th page). I know it's a bunch of pages and maybe it'll be lame for everyone else but as a smol girl too I had feels

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Those are both great

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

site posted:

Hanakaku - The Last Girl Standing, vol 1 ch 6

This one resonates with me a lot because I'm a smol boy who decided to start working out a couple of months ago on and off but I noticed I was actually making some progress and went "Why don't I go the entire week?" and it has been great :)

This sequence from OPM also is a good one for me:

There's a Hero Association in OPM where people can apply too and are classified in Ranks: C, B, A, and S. A lot of members in the first two are normal humans or people with some sort of lesser ability while the A and S are the usual superpowered anime characters.

The Blizzard Bunch is a group of B Class heroes who take down villains by sheer volume size but when things go south they rely on Blizzard, who has a minor superpower. But this time even that isn't enough.

It seems to be over and the new guy can't keep it up anymore but the monster rises again. But this time he has the backup of a Class-C Hero.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Detective Chimp was okay though, right? Right?

:ohdear:

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011

Sentinel Red posted:

Detective Chimp was okay though, right? Right?

:ohdear:

I hope he got operated on by Harley again. Unless this was the time that led to Harley operating on him. Look, I just want Harley to end up randomly operating on this chimpanzee by sheer coincidence over and over again.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He didn't die. I left out the end to keep it brief and to the point. Here are the last pages:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

why does Batman have chimps bleeding in his car so often?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Batman volunteers for animal rescue on the weekends

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Not chimps, per se, but Gorrila Grodd, Monsieur Mallah or the Ultrahumanite may have probably ended up bleeding on his car at points.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

Cheaper than replacement kids

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Speaking of new kids, Bats has nother one:

:3:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

That's a bridge too far jar.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Why are you posting this in panel threads? These aren't for news.