Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

WampaLord posted:

Oh, look at that, it's Fulchrum being smugly wrong about something he's so loving sure about, YET AGAIN!

https://twitter.com/JediofGallifrey/status/1057673535475380225

Where did this Crowley ad come from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If I had to guess it's probably some unaffiliated hard right Democrat or maybe even the Republicans trying to split the vote and get in like what happens in Maine. Regardless his staying on the ballot led to it and the party didn't care enough to step in.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Radish posted:

If I had to guess it's probably some unaffiliated hard right Democrat or maybe even the Republicans trying to split the vote and get in like what happens in Maine. Regardless his staying on the ballot led to it and the party didn't care enough to step in.

I figured but I was curious if this was something like a FB posting, looking for the medium to the message, really.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I’m also curious where it came from. I would be worried if it was a coordinated push but if it’s just some rear end in a top hat on Facebook then whatever I guess.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joe Biden is such a dumb poo poo and it’s going to be embarrassing seeing the media attempt to clear the field for that nonce

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Nonsense posted:

Joe Biden is such a dumb poo poo and it’s going to be embarrassing seeing the media attempt to clear the field for that nonce

Yeah he's an idiot that hasn't spent five minutes wondering if maybe he needs to modify his messaging from 1996. The media is going to try as hard as they can to save him since Obama's coat tails are all he has when his record is trash and he can't go one conversation without saying how cool the rich and Republicans are.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Oct 31, 2018

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Nonsense posted:

Biden is dead the moment his advocacy for "never escaping your student debt" comes up. He's a trash politician with trash positions that got rehabbed by Parks and Rec and The Onion, and he's absolutely hosed when their gilding rubs off.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

The polls are narrowing against Ted Cruz. I really really really want Beto to beat him.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Kraftwerk posted:

The polls are narrowing against Ted Cruz. I really really really want Beto to beat him.

I do too. I eagerly look forward to leaving angry voicemails asking why he isn’t supporting MFA next year since I’ll live in Texas.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Would love to see Cruz Lose but Beto looks to be a slightly better Doug Jones, he's nothing to crow about.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Frightening Knight posted:

I’m also curious where it came from. I would be worried if it was a coordinated push but if it’s just some rear end in a top hat on Facebook then whatever I guess.

https://twitter.com/JoeCrowleyNY/status/1057690429339111425?s=20

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

On the one hand, good.

On the other hand, drop off the ticket you coward!

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Would love to see Cruz Lose but Beto looks to be a slightly better Doug Jones, he's nothing to crow about.
Beto knocking out Cruz means Texas can be flipped. That's enormous, and it if it happens in the 2020 presidential election the Electoral College will be abolished.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Harik posted:

Beto knocking out Cruz means Texas can be flipped. That's enormous, and it if it happens in the 2020 presidential election the Electoral College will be abolished.

I don't think it will, but we can hope.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Imagine watching all the Serious Republican go all in on white supremacy and think "hmm the way forward is the take some of what these guys are offering.". Anyone voting for Biden in the primary needs their head examined.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Radish posted:

Imagine watching all the Serious Republican go all in on white supremacy and think "hmm the way forward is the take some of what these guys are offering.".

The Choice was published almost 16 years ago. Yet here we remain.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Then why aren’t you off the ballot shithead? This is entirely your fault since you stayed in the race

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Enjoying that one dude in the replies having a normal one over how much Ocasio hates America.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Oh Snapple! posted:

Enjoying that one dude in the replies having a normal one over how much Ocasio hates America.

*AOC reads stories to small children*

COMMUNIST!

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I don't think it will, but we can hope.
Blue Texas makes it nearly impossible for a republican to win the presidency. If you don't think that will kick-start a movement to make it a pure popularity contest (that they are near 50/50 on instead of 0% odds) I don't know what to tell you.

Flipping Texas would have put Hillary at 270 even, even with every other state she threw away. Imagine that in the hands of a non-lovely candidate, the kind that would also take FL. Imagine the change in voting habits when Democrats realize their vote isn't completely thrown away in Texas anymore.

The republicans control enough statehouses and gerrymandered congressional seats to get the ball rolling on an amendment to make themselves relevant again if that happens.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Frightening Knight posted:

*AOC reads stories to small children*

COMMUNIST!

Seriously I know it's just some Twitter rando but I can't not appreciate it

https://mobile.twitter.com/caesar_ramirez/status/1057706274765324293

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Oh Snapple! posted:

Seriously I know it's just some Twitter rando but I can't not appreciate it

https://mobile.twitter.com/caesar_ramirez/status/1057706274765324293

quote:

Writer/Actor/Poet/Boxing Trainer/Loving Father/Loving son/Romantic/Liberal Conservative/Catholic Italian/Spanish Humanist"Legalize DACA kids and families"

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Harik posted:

(most of) Beto's model should absolutely be copied by other statewide candidates if he can pull it off.

Asking a Dem presidential candidate to replicate Beto's travel and appearance schedule is drat near impossible, and more disruptive than a few folks in coupes and sedans rolling from gazebo to restaurant to gym from town to town.

Radish posted:

Imagine watching all the Serious Republican go all in on white supremacy and think "hmm the way forward is the take some of what these guys are offering.". Anyone voting for Biden in the primary needs their head examined.
Just an absolute fuckton of Dems are racist, OP.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Harik posted:

Blue Texas makes it nearly impossible for a republican to win the presidency. If you don't think that will kick-start a movement to make it a pure popularity contest (that they are near 50/50 on instead of 0% odds) I don't know what to tell you.

Flipping Texas would have put Hillary at 270 even, even with every other state she threw away. Imagine that in the hands of a non-lovely candidate, the kind that would also take FL. Imagine the change in voting habits when Democrats realize their vote isn't completely thrown away in Texas anymore.

The republicans control enough statehouses and gerrymandered congressional seats to get the ball rolling on an amendment to make themselves relevant again if that happens.

Eh Democrats almost lost Minnesota in 2016 too, I'm sure they could gently caress up and give Republicans another TKO even if Texas went as blue as California

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

quote:

“There’s been a lot of talk about lowering the temperature of political discourse,” host Stephen Colbert asked. “Have you seen evidence of that?”

“Well, I think when we win, you will see evidence of that,” Pelosi said to applause. “Because when we do win, we will have, as we open the new Congress, we will honor the vows of our founders. E Pluribus Unum. From many, one.”

https://splinternews.com/what-world...plinter_twitter

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Father/Catholic Fundamentalist/Child/Mother/Bitch/Lover/Liberal Dominionist/Y'all Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Nancy maybe you should go to the upper chamber and ask Mr. Graham why he's in favor of killing the 14th amendment.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

This is a combination of the decorum delusion and the knowledge that if they keep those "respected" "norms" they won't be able to deliver on certain promises and half-promises they've been making to the electorate. So if there's no Medicare For All it's because the evil Republicans have 41 votes in the Senate or because the designated Dem curmudgeon doesn't want to vote for it (yesterday it was Lieberman, today it'll be someone else).
Don't forget to vote blue! We need 80 senators and 400 congressmen to change the name of a post office!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Harik posted:

Beto winning has nothing to do with Texas going blue permanently in my opinion. Here's an interesting link on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u47SIHvgq34

Also I truly think Beto is going to lose, so...

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

VitalSigns posted:

Eh Democrats almost lost Minnesota in 2016 too, I'm sure they could gently caress up and give Republicans another TKO even if Texas went as blue as California
I can't imagine a world in which Dems flip texas and lose enough other states to lose the presidency. TX becoming winnable doesn't mean it's automatically going to turn blue, it would take a non-poo poo candidate the likes we haven't seen in our lifetimes.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Harik posted:

I can't imagine a world in which Dems flip texas and lose enough other states to lose the presidency. TX becoming winnable doesn't mean it's automatically going to turn blue, it would take a non-poo poo candidate the likes we haven't seen in our lifetimes.

Campaign Obama- but like real and not just a cruel hoax.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Blue Texas is a bit of a longshot pipe dream that won't manifest even with a Beto win. But a Beto win could energize re-animate the state party from the corpse-like undeath it's been living in, and draw in new resources to help boost things for the next cycle. Beto has had to build a statewide apparatus to even have an outside shot at this, and if he can keep it together and doesn't pull an OFA we might actually see a purpleish/blue texas within a decade.

Lot of IFs there, but the path is plausible and doesn't rely on "....demographics, BAM!" thinking.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

OAquinas posted:

Blue Texas is a bit of a longshot pipe dream that won't manifest even with a Beto win. But a Beto win could energize re-animate the state party from the corpse-like undeath it's been living in, and draw in new resources to help boost things for the next cycle. Beto has had to build a statewide apparatus to even have an outside shot at this, and if he can keep it together and doesn't pull an OFA we might actually see a purpleish/blue texas within a decade.

Lot of IFs there, but the path is plausible and doesn't rely on "....demographics, BAM!" thinking.
If Abrams manages to knock off Kemp in GA, that could be another big shot in the arm in a different red-possibly-turning-purple-soonish state. Not nearly as big as Texas, but 16 EVs is nothing to sneeze at if it gets put into play by say, 2024/'28 (asking for '20 is a reach too far even for me).

Perdue (R-GA) is up in 2020 though.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

I have been thinking about this a lot lately and have been frustrated about missing the voting chats each time they happened recently, because I've really wanted to go off on all the fucks who've been arguing that people like me basically owe the Democrats our fealty and have to vote for people who have historically been lovely towards us, so that maybe one day they might eventually deign to give us rights roughly equal to what other people have. A few have implicitly called things like trans rights "pet issues" and said that expecting basic human respect and dignity is privileged, while hiding behind those same groups as their excuse for why we have to vote for Roy Moore (D). They seem to unironically aspire to be the white moderates from MLK's letter from Birmingham Jail and believe that yes, they can set a timetable for other people's freedom.

The people who do things like this are also the people who get really, really mad and find reasons to dismiss us when we point out the "masc4masc NO HOMOS act straight or else" problem or the fact that Hillary couldn't be bothered to guarantee us equal protection under the law during her tenure at State.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Oh, look at that, it's Fulchrum being smugly wrong about something he's so loving sure about, YET AGAIN!

https://twitter.com/JediofGallifrey/status/1057673535475380225

LMAO.

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Nov 1, 2018

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BadOptics posted:

LMAO. I wasn't expecting it to be so blatant.

Credit where credit is due, he did disavow it:

https://twitter.com/JoeCrowleyNY/status/1057690429339111425

But still, this could have been easily avoided if he just took his name off the ballot like he was asked to.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Lyin Joe Crowley

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Credit where credit is due, he did disavow it:

https://twitter.com/JoeCrowleyNY/status/1057690429339111425

But still, this could have been easily avoided if he just took his name off the ballot like he was asked to.

Yeah, it's just so loving stupid either way.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
Any chance of WFP just taking him off the ballot without telling anyone? Or even better say they're doing it and dare Crowley to sue them foe it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Communist Zombie posted:

Any chance of WFP just taking him off the ballot without telling anyone? Or even better say they're doing it and dare Crowley to sue them foe it?
Zero. It's way too late now anyway, even dead men stay on the ballots once they're printed. (And sometimes win, too)

• Locked thread