Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

It's beautiful :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

I feel all tingly.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

ARTY SHOTS / quick cuts and horrific overlaid music is the best way for me to close tab. Fuuuuuuuuuucking hell they ruined what should have been the best video

Petrolicious does that to all their videos, which is why I stopped watching them. "We have access to this unique automobile for the day! Lets do rack focuses, cover the engine sound with music and narration and concentrate more on the owner's boring back story!"

I should start a gofundme for a video series where we just get a good driver/rider, a memorable bike or car, and take them to a legendary road, cameras everywhere, mic EVERYTHING and make that fucker sing down that road all day until we get all the shots we need and put a clean edit on youtube. First video: how about an Aprilia SXV550 on Old Spiral Highway in Idaho?

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 31, 2018

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

As the kids used to say; WANT

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Tiny cars with fat tires is my new fetish, I want one so bad.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Slim Pickens posted:

Petrolicious does that to all their videos, which is why I stopped watching them. "We have access to this unique automobile for the day! Lets do rack focuses, cover the engine sound with music and narration and concentrate more on the owner's boring back story!"

To be fair I quite like the stories, there was an old guy who rebuilt Impalas and he was just a straight Don.

Petrolicious should do these videos as a partner to every story vid imo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHgD0wJGcR0

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Olympic Mathlete posted:

To be fair I quite like the stories, there was an old guy who rebuilt Impalas and he was just a straight Don.

Petrolicious should do these videos as a partner to every story vid imo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHgD0wJGcR0

hah, i was going to post this if someone else didnt already :v:

so good

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They seriously need to do that for every sports car they shoot. drat that sounds nice.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm the completely useless wipers at speed.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
New Project Binky for Patreon subscribers, meaning new Project Binky for everyone tomorrow.

drat, they weren't kidding about putting these out faster. It's been ~ a month for the last few, whereas before that I remember it being something like six or eight months. According to the email, there will be another one in a few weeks since this one was so big they couldn't fit it into a 30 minute video.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Say what you will about the mixing of American muscle car body and Italian supercar engine, I bet this thing sounds amazing.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

When I win the Mega Millions, I'm putting an Enzo engine in the back of a Mk3 GTI.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Memento posted:

Say what you will about the mixing of American muscle car body and Italian supercar engine, I bet this thing sounds amazing.

Oh gently caress it's finished now?? It seems like only last month they were still mocking up the body and working out the plumbing.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I assume that's SEMA, so it wouldn't be surprising if it has a Bluetooth steering rack and driveshaft.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Memento posted:

The Anti-Pantera.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Memento posted:

:black101:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Project Binky fans will be rewarded with another installment this afternoon. It's another engineering doozy :psyduck:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Yeah that was some seriously impressive stuff. Binky's engine bay is going to look like The Incredible Machine when it's done.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Then it'll throw a piston or something the first time they start the engine and it's a two year repair job.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

xzzy posted:

Then it'll throw a piston or something the first time they start the engine and it's a two year repair job.

you say that like two more years of binky videos is a bad thing.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Brackets inside the crankcase!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Memento posted:

Depends what the exhaust is doing, the GT86 drift with the Ferrari engine in it sounds like complete bollocks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obUnEqsTmLg

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Rigged Death Trap posted:

We've decided to ditch the petrol engine in favor of 12 angle grinders

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

God they haven't even TALKED about what they're doing to the engine. Is it a turbo? I don't remember. I'd think they have to go NA at this point, just because it doesn't seem like there's room for turbo piping, but I thought they've mentioned turbos in older videos.

I'm guessing they're not going to get crazy with power, since it's supposed to be a road car and doesn't have a cage.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Pretty sure the Celica AWD they robbed everything from was a turbo GT-S.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

boxen posted:

God they haven't even TALKED about what they're doing to the engine. Is it a turbo? I don't remember. I'd think they have to go NA at this point, just because it doesn't seem like there's room for turbo piping, but I thought they've mentioned turbos in older videos.

I'm guessing they're not going to get crazy with power, since it's supposed to be a road car and doesn't have a cage.

It's gonna be turbo'd IIRC.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Project Binky! IN COLOR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIyxrvO3dRk

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
If those guys knew how to do carbon fiber panels they would basically be the singer of minis.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

dreesemonkey posted:

If those guys knew how to do carbon fiber panels they would basically be the singer of minis.

Maybe they're just prototyping in aluminum...

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

boxen posted:

Maybe they're just prototyping in aluminum...

First cardboard, then steel, then carbon fiber

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Thats some loving crazy poo poo right there. Binky is ridiculous.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Made me chuckle

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I love project Binky. The amount of skill these dudes have in manual mill/lathe, not to mention grinding and welding is so entertaining to watch.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

I would say this is giving me some dirty, dirty ideas for my comet, but truth be told it was going this way anyways.

Also Binky is a piece of art, everything about it is just brilliant. At this point it's not a mini, it's a full on custom car that just happens to use some mini bits.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The chances of a car like Binky existing again are so small just because the people with the necessary skill and people with the necessary time and people with the necessary resources and the people with the necessary motivation overlap so incredibly rarely it's like watching Haley's Comet. You just have to watch.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

boxen posted:

Its turbo -They haven't gotten to the mount the turbo part yet. The exhaust is already there. Also in one of the earlier episodes they made provision for a cage if so desired.

dreesemonkey posted:

They know. They touched on it in Facebook ages ago.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Is it just me or have the Binky guys been watching a little This Old Tony? :raise:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Made me chuckle

TYS I'm motherfucker

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Nuevo posted:

Is it just me or have the Binky guys been watching a little This Old Tony? :raise:

Not just you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Made me chuckle

I'm spergin' out hard on the inaccuracies of this

A Dyna is not a Hilux is not a Land Cruiser is not a Dodge Ram is not what looks like a Ford F350 :argh: