Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

But yeah I'm into this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

feedmyleg posted:

Also Penny Dreadful is better than LOXG and that's a dope concept that makes me really excited.

I used to like Anno Dracula better than both of them. I'm less sure now, though. It's sort of amusing to me that Kim Newman still can't bring himself to watch Penny Dreadful because it's apparently directly responsible for a tv version of Anno Dracula getting aborted.

Also, Jaime Murray is best in the role that was her breakthrough 15 or so years ago in Hustle, which is a great series everyone should watch. I'm not sure if I'd call necessarily her the highlight of the series but that's because the rest of the cast in those first four seasons (Adrian Lester, Marc Warren, Robert Glenister and Robert Vaughn) is so good.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
New cast and characters? Bah.

I just want more Eva Green on my television.

E: also, Hulu now has King Of The Hill itellyawhat

isaboo fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 1, 2018

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Eva Green leaving the show was the main reason the show ended in the first place.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

pahuyuth posted:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

GreenNight posted:

Eva Green leaving the show was the main reason the show ended in the first place.

It ended when it was supposed to.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

esperterra posted:

Only because she said it was going to be her last season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/jaredbkeller/status/1058047009867874304

Just like Uta Hagen says

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

https://twitter.com/BridgetRegan/status/1058063830780076032

Miss this show.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

extremely :same:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

:stare: holy poo poo...

but then looking it up the headline is completely false and misleading:

quote:

Better Call Saul actor Todd LaTourrette is coming clean about his acting career.

During a recent interview with KOB4, LaTourrette admitted to cutting off his right arm nearly 20 years ago while he was off medications that he claims treat his bipolar disorder.

“I severed my hand with a Skil saw,” LaTourrette explained to the outlet. “The state of mind was a psychotic episode.”

Following the near fatal incident, the actor revealed he began getting acting jobs as a war veteran after lying about being injured while serving overseas.

tldr: he was having a psychotic episode while off his meds and cut his hand off

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Luvcow posted:

tldr: he was having a psychotic episode while off his meds and cut his hand off

Still pretty :stare: though.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

How dare you. Datak Tarr is a coming.

Wynn Duffy went to a weird place after leaving Harlan

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In fairness I assumed the "psychotic episode" part when I read the "cut off his own arm" part.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

McSpanky posted:

Wynn Duffy went to a weird place after leaving Harlan

*extremely Boyd Crowder voice* WINN DUFFEH

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

So it's two separate events. "Cut off his own arm" and "claimed to be a vet to get acting roles" not "cut off his own arm in order to get acting roles".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1058078609804414976

Oprah is literally going to give someone a heart attack today

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I was in the army in the mid to late 90s and it's something I never tell anybody because the whole unit was black booked so it's not something I could ever actually prove without worrying about being assassinated

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

People would ask you to prove that you were in the army? Dicks.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Bruceski posted:

So it's two separate events. "Cut off his own arm" and "claimed to be a vet to get acting roles" not "cut off his own arm in order to get acting roles".

Not even the original article / interview is clear about it (it says he planned cutting his arm off for days), but it also doesn't seem to be drawing the same conclusion that all the articles reporting on that article seem to be.

https://www.kob.com/new-mexico-news/todd-latourette-actor-outs-himself-as-a-liar/5126605/

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GreenNight posted:

People would ask you to prove that you were in the army? Dicks.

Well, employers, I meant. I tell random people whenever I feel like it, though I'm not really proud of it and what we were doing was incredibly hosed up.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

precision posted:

Well, employers, I meant. I tell random people whenever I feel like it, though I'm not really proud of it and what we were doing was incredibly hosed up.

I'm sorry to hear that. You're not the first person to mention that concerning military service. Unfortunately.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

zoux posted:

"DO I WIN A CAR????"

"Uhh no, we'd like you to vote for Stacey..."

"Oh, no thank you."

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

howe_sam posted:

Still pretty :stare: though.

oh most definitely

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Now this is my kind of monster smash. Because it's a graveyard smash.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Good news American Vandal fans, Netflix has renewed The Ranch for a 4th season.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

Thanks for the laugh. Seriously.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

zoux posted:

:eyepop:

I always forget that show exists

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjNjKOdjZ6x/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

zoux posted:

That's a kick in the junk but you are a pretty funny dude

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

esperterra posted:

:eyepop:

I always forget that show exists

Yeah they fired Hyde from it for sex pestering and then a Netflix exec for being a piece of poo poo about it but hell, when you've sunk that much cost into it, why stop now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I watched a few episodes of that just because I wanted to see Elisha Cuthbert do another run at comedy after Happy Endings but like she wasn't in those episodes and it was soooooooo bad. I just couldn't keep going.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/ComedyCentral/status/1058010774990286849

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

esperterra posted:

That's what they said at the time, but there was an article a few days ago that said Green refused to return for another season.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Holy poo poo King of the Hill got added to Hulu. Finally one of my favorite shows is back on streaming.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

anime thoughts: :christ:

Oh hey h Jon Benjamin what's your role in this

"your job is to take pictures of young girls" alright then

Looking forward to the next one.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Homecoming (the Julia Roberts show on Prime that Sam Esmail directed every episode of) is up now. I’m very glad the eps are only half an hour as I don’t have time for a whole ten hour show right now

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

pahuyuth posted:

And more Ferdinand Lyle. Rewatching some bits on Youtube I realized he was Beria on Death of Stalin, one of those cases where you recognize the actor but the performance is so utterly different that you still have to check imdb to be sure.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

Homecoming (the Julia Roberts show on Prime that Sam Esmail directed every episode of) is up now. I’m very glad the eps are only half an hour as I don’t have time for a whole ten hour show right now

Is it good? The trailer looks boss

Also 1 week until Patriot S2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Homecoming is connected to the podcast of the same name, yeah?