Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Dienes posted:

I would assume the name, for one.

Forgot to post yesterday - here's one of the pumpkins I carved for Halloween.

It is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

oddium posted:

primarina is already in smash, when the announcer says failure

I like Primarina but I have to appreciate the majesty of this burn.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTHsHQYZuyc

Here's the gameplay of Let's Go from this morning. They have some audio trouble at the start.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Zore posted:

Incineroar looks ugly as gently caress in Smash and is also the worst Gen VII choice they could have made.

smash bad

:chloe:

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Dehry posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTHsHQYZuyc

Here's the gameplay of Let's Go from this morning. They have some audio trouble at the start.

I need this game so much goodness gracious

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

oddium posted:

primarina is already in smash, when the announcer says failure

Oh you are just the worst kind of person.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Do I need to do a Primarina art dump

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

Do I need to do a Primarina art dump

i've heard of shitposting but this is another level entirely

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cheetah7071 posted:

Do I need to do a Primarina art that I found in a dump

Because it's a trash creature

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
What possible reason is there to dislike Primarina, a perfect Pokémon

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Primarina is better than Let's Go, I will give it that

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

thetoughestbean posted:

What possible reason is there to dislike Primarina, a perfect Pokémon

Garbage Boy Stink Man Belongs In A Toilet

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You asked for this, fuckers

[x]

[x]

[x]

[x]

[x]

[x]

[x]

[x]

[x]

[x]

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

That’s the good stuff

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
There is actually quite a bit of beautiful Primarina fan art out there, made by skilled artists, but you only ever post art dumps of ugly and amateurish garbage by people who can’t draw. The top one is the only one that has some skill to it.

You really are the worst shill for the Popplio line, not just a broken record but one with lovely music on it in the first place.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I mean yeah I'm not spending hours looking for the best of the best and I'm sorry I offended your senses by posting fanart that I liked

Here, have some professional-quality primarina art

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

less laughter posted:

There is actually quite a bit of beautiful Primarina fan art out there, made by skilled artists, but you only ever post art dumps of ugly and amateurish garbage by people who can’t draw. The top one is the only one that has some skill to it.

You really are the worst shill for the Popplio line, not just a broken record but one with lovely music on it in the first place.

Actually those drawings are v. good.

I like the third one a lot, in fact. The artist gave Primarina abs, which is weird but cool. You don’t think of primarina as being a muscular pokemon. It also looks kinda pissed off. Wonder why.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
alternative reply,

Ariong posted:

Actually those drawings are v. good.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

less laughter posted:

The last one is adorable, what are you even talking about. There are a number of other metrics out there for judging art besides "technical skill" and when it comes to Pokemon, cuteness is the only factor that should matter.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ariong posted:

I like the third one a lot, in fact. The artist gave Primarina abs, which is weird but cool. You don’t think of primarina as being a muscular pokemon. It also looks kinda pissed off. Wonder why.

It was posted a over a month ago so I know this isn't actually the intention but I like to think Primarina was working out for the big smash debut and is now sad Inceneroar took the new pokemon slot

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Nov 2, 2018

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

How could you bring this ametuer dreck into this thread when there are pokemon drawings out there which rival the work of the old masters. You buffoon. You sycophantic clod.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Ariong posted:

How could you bring this ametuer dreck into this thread when there are pokemon drawings out there which rival the work of the old masters. You buffoon. You sycophantic clod.

struck a nerve apparently, lol

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

less laughter posted:

struck a nerve apparently, lol

Uh, yeah. It’s pretty easy to do that when you’re rude and insulting for no reason, and it is not really something to be proud of or happy about.

Also its 2am where I am so maybe I have less patience than usual for that sort of thing. Good night folks.

EDIT: Oh dang one more thing: Decidueye is my favorite but Incineroar is a better fit for smash. If you haven’t yet, check out today’s direct so you can see it in motion, it’s super good.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Nov 2, 2018

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Ariong posted:

Uh, yeah. It’s pretty easy to do that when you’re rude and insulting for no reason, and it is not really something to be proud of or happy about.

Also its 2am where I am so maybe I have less patience than usual for that sort of thing. Good night folks.

No, I think you're allowed to be snarky when someone complains that cute Pokemon art does not meet their standards. It's not being judged for its adherence to color theory or whatever the gently caress, it's a cute picture of a Pokemon that someone wanted to share.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

alternative reply,

i think primarina is good i just wanted to compare posting primarina to posting poo poo to be a gently caress

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Ariong posted:

Incineroar is a better fit for smash. If you haven’t yet, check out today’s direct so you can see it in motion, it’s super good.

Yeah, she is truly outstanding.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Incineroar was always the obvious choice for Smash rep, because he is the perfect Tag Partner for Pikachu Libre.

Also probably easier to animate than Primarina and wouldn't be like the 6th Archer in the game.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Incineroar was always the obvious choice for Smash rep, because he is the perfect Tag Partner for Pikachu Libre.

They're SSB's very own Ruth and Debbie.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Bee posted:

Every move comes with a pose.

Yeah I was honestly not convinced when the character was leaked but the personality they bring to it in Smash is so well done it won me over.

The character has a different taunt for every move if it successfully hits. They also have a different frustrated animation if it misses. The whole thing is so over the top and full of personality

less laughter posted:

They actually showed off the character right after the trailer with this exact matchup on the boxing ring level

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah I was honestly not convinced when the character was leaked but the personality they bring to it in Smash is so well done it won me over.

Piranha Plant was that for me. At first I was like yawn, but then I saw some more videos all its different and creative moves and was completely won over. It's one of the most diverse and zany fighters in the game.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Goddamn those abs tho

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Soft kitty
Warm kitty
Little ball of fur

Happy kitty
Sleepy kitty
Purr purr purr

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

less laughter posted:

I'm tiny Marc Maron sandwiched between two gigantic 80s babes.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

less laughter posted:

Piranha Plant was that for me. At first I was like yawn, but then I saw some more videos all its different and creative moves and was completely won over. It's one of the most diverse and zany fighters in the game.

Piranha Plant makes me unironically want smaller, franchise-focused Smashes that get to make deeper cuts like that. In a mainline Smash you'd be hard pressed to get away with bringing entries like that in, especially once future installments can no longer ensure EVERYONE IS HERE.

Then you let each of those series-focused entries go cross multiplayer with each other :getin:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

The Bee posted:

Piranha Plant makes me unironically want smaller, franchise-focused Smashes that get to make deeper cuts like that. In a mainline Smash you'd be hard pressed to get away with bringing entries like that in, especially once future installments can no longer ensure EVERYONE IS HERE.

Then you let each of those series-focused entries go cross multiplayer with each other :getin:

Pokémon has Pokkén, Zelda and Fire Emblem have their Warriors games, but those three would be the most obvious choices outside of Mario, yeah.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Nanigans posted:

Pokémon has Pokkén, Zelda and Fire Emblem have their Warriors games, but those three would be the most obvious choices outside of Mario, yeah.

I think a Mega Man one could also be really good. Kind of like if Power Battles got the Smash treatment.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

The Bee posted:

I think a Mega Man one could also be really good. Kind of like if Power Battles got the Smash treatment.

And not be bad like Power Battles. :(

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
New Christmas merch:

I wonder if this doubles as a subtle hint of who the mascot will be of the third version of Let's Go (though probably not, just the mascot of the Pokéball accessory).

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Primarina is the only good final form of the SuMo starters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

indigi posted:

Primarina is the only good final form of the SuMo starters