Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Goat
Oct 24, 2009
edit: wrong thread my bad

Night Goat fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

knowing their ages really puts a lot of these interactions into perspective, six 15 - 20 year olds living in close proximity to each other are absolutely going to intensely gently caress with each other
Especially if they're in organized crime. Codes of honor don't mean poo poo, they'll find a way to piss each other off anyways.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
so abbacio's stand is moody jazz which I'm gonna guess was moody blues

and stupid question why is the key for the left most one, which is clearly not Lagoon 02, the key is labeled "01", and yet they are clearly seen sailing on Lagoon 02 not Lagoon 01

bad production error imo

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I know weird couture inspired fashion nonsense is how Jojo works but what the gently caress are these idiots wearing. Most of them I can handle, green cheese boy (Fugo?) with the tie is on thin ice. Mista though. Tiger pants are odd but within reason, diamond crop top turtleneck is dumb, and that hat is a crime. Not cool gangster crime, I mean that the designer, tailor, and possibly whoever sold this hat need to be in jail. How bad is your hair if that hat is your decision.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I hope they just keep making up fake names for Sprite throughout the rest of the series. Why was it "Spread" two episodes ago but Narancia clearly just says Sprite.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I can't remember the anime that did this intentionally with variations on "Doctor Peter".

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

somepartsareme posted:

I hope they just keep making up fake names for Sprite throughout the rest of the series. Why was it "Spread" two episodes ago but Narancia clearly just says Sprite.

Italy loves its lemon-lime drinks and there's plenty of competition.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Oh, also, despite looking the most like a kid out of everyone there, Narancia (17) is actually older than both Fugo (16) and Giorno (15). Mista is 18, IIRC, and Abbacchio and Bruno are 20.

Abacchio is 21.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Yo, Giorno! Pass me a Spudd!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Italy loves its lemon-lime drinks and there's plenty of competition.

Personally, I'm fond of the Italian lemon soda called Lemonsoda (seriously).

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i would like a diet sprunk

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

YggiDee posted:

I know weird couture inspired fashion nonsense is how Jojo works but what the gently caress are these idiots wearing. Most of them I can handle, green cheese boy (Fugo?) with the tie is on thin ice. Mista though. Tiger pants are odd but within reason, diamond crop top turtleneck is dumb, and that hat is a crime. Not cool gangster crime, I mean that the designer, tailor, and possibly whoever sold this hat need to be in jail. How bad is your hair if that hat is your decision.
Mista is cool

I love that hes always bearing his midriff

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Also Araki has confirmed that Fugo is wearing a thong and that's why you never see his underwear in his Swiss Cheese suit

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

YggiDee posted:

Every time I see this opinion, it fills me with joy.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

DIO is deeply disappointed in his son's love of Sparite instead of God's Own 7-Up.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i do like how this episode has Bruno specifically mention how capos in their gang dress down so as not to stand out on the street...and then you see our entire cast of weirdos + Zucchero, and we're not even a third through the show yet.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

and stupid question why is the key for the left most one, which is clearly not Lagoon 02, the key is labeled "01", and yet they are clearly seen sailing on Lagoon 02 not Lagoon 01

bad production error imo

Glad someone else noticed this

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i do like how this episode has Bruno specifically mention how capos in their gang dress down so as not to stand out on the street...and then you see our entire cast of weirdos + Zucchero, and we're not even a third through the show yet.

This is them dressing down. Our puny human eyes are not ready to handle the heights of couture they wear when they're not in public.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
What stood out most to me about this episode is that it looks like this enemy stand is inside the walls and can pull people in there with it, and yet Bruno's stand isn't the answer to that somehow. I have no idea what Moody Jazz is going to do, but opening up some zippers so you can pull the wall man out of the wall seems like the most natural answer possible to this problem.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

a capo dressing down means you mistake them for a bed

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

next week's episode is going to relatively answer y'alls questions

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Huh, I've always pronounced Narancia with four syllables and now I gotta adjust to three

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It’s considered four syllables in Japanese so you’re still in the clear!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Oh, Abbachio's Stand is actually named Moody Blues (the british band, not the genre)

Here's Abbachio's character PV that was released two months ago if you really want a taste of next week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-gyWfhMlcg

JDRockefeller posted:

I like how Narancia looks and sounds half asleep. Watching the anime when having originally read the bad scanlations gives me such a better vibe for the characters.
Narancia's VA is Deku from MHA which I find very funny

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The show is now only half an episode or so behind where I stopped reading the manga. (Basically I already know what 「MOODY BLUES」can do, but not much else). I'm SUPER excited to get into stuff that's completely unknown to me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sockser posted:

Huh, I've always pronounced Narancia with four syllables and now I gotta adjust to three

its because of italian pronounciation. na-ran-cia. cia is pronounced similarly to ciao, both one syllable.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

YggiDee posted:

Yeah uh Araki's fashion sense is very...unique.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

RatHat posted:

Yeah uh Araki's fashion sense is very...unique.

All the ridiculous poses in this whole series come from Italian fashion magazines. Finally setting it in Italy allows him to go buck wild with the clothes, too.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Sockser posted:

A soft C in Italian makes a '"ch" sound. When C is followed by an A, O, or U, it's a hard C, which is a "k" sound. When the C is followed by an I or an E, it's a soft "ch" sound.
When you want a soft "ch" sound followed by A, O, or U, you write an I after the C and before the other vowel as indication that the C is soft. So the syllable "cia" is pronounced "cha."
If you want a hard "k" sound followed by E or I, you write an H after the C and before the other vowel to indicate a hard C. So the syllable "che" is pronounced "ke."

The same principle applies to hard and soft G sounds, which are 'g' and 'j' respectively. That's why "Giorno" only has two syllables and "spaghetti" has an H in it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ghirga would be pronounced gear-guh by those rules right

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Narancia means orange so just call him Oranges.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Orange is arancia, but its still the intent just slightly modified. Narancia is our orange boy.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

ghirga would be pronounced gear-guh by those rules right

Yeah

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Pomplamoose posted:

A soft C in Italian makes a '"ch" sound. When C is followed by an A, O, or U, it's a hard C, which is a "k" sound. When the C is followed by an I or an E, it's a soft "ch" sound.
When you want a soft "ch" sound followed by A, O, or U, you write an I after the C and before the other vowel as indication that the C is soft. So the syllable "cia" is pronounced "cha."
If you want a hard "k" sound followed by E or I, you write an H after the C and before the other vowel to indicate a hard C. So the syllable "che" is pronounced "ke."

The same principle applies to hard and soft G sounds, which are 'g' and 'j' respectively. That's why "Giorno" only has two syllables and "spaghetti" has an H in it.

So is this why Bruno seemed to be saying Abacchio's name with a hard 'k' sound too, right? That one took me by surprise.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

JDRockefeller posted:

Orange is arancia, but its still the intent just slightly modified. Narancia is our orange boy.

So his name is Norange, then

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

I guess the Pissione gang are big into gaming since they only accepted Giorno after he got all the way through P.T.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

What's the horny level of this ep

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

What's the horny level of this ep

Depends on your tolerance for tentacles and watersports.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Jeesh Giorno... Just drink the goddamn limoncello already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Night Goat posted:

edit: wrong thread my bad
Ok, maybe a pointer:
  • "Kakyoin being a dork with no table manners" tag = the Anime thread.
  • "Kenshiro crackling his knucks" = the manga thread.
Hopefully that helps down the road. :)