Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
php still bad
nbsd still spineless
water still wet

e: hackbunny snipes still lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol at your av

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

fart simpson posted:

lol at your av

dutch milkmaid stymie

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
which is unfair because hackbunny is a consistently amusing poster

Slurps Mad Rips
Jan 25, 2009

Bwaltow!

hackbunny posted:

php still bad
nbsd still spineless
water still wet

e: hackbunny snipes still lame

subject change but: did you see James mcnellis’ talk on how exceptions work on windows?

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

it's a really nice backpack

and a thousand dollars isn't an unreasonable amount to spend on a quality bag

I have an ll bean bag for my laptop with my initials on it and it is extremely needs suiting.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
gonna agree with lol at paying a straight up G for that backpack my dude, I could see the design as a purse or something but that must look straight up ridiculous on the back

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

my $100 osprey backpack has lasted 10 years and still gets compliments for some reason

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

eschaton posted:

one nice thing is that the source to both OpenGenera and the emulator it runs on “became available” and people have made the emulator run on x86-64 where it screams (even on my quad-core Atom GPD Pocket)

also it gives you some very interesting UI designs, like a scroll bar that requires a three button mouse to use properly

thanks for this UI kinda reminds me of what I’ve seen of the XEROX Alto

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

abigserve posted:

gonna agree with lol at paying a straight up G for that backpack my dude, I could see the design as a purse or something but that must look straight up ridiculous on the back

yea that thing would be ugly af even if 10 bucks

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Helicity posted:

my $100 osprey backpack has lasted 10 years and still gets compliments for some reason
same, but mostly from other people with Osprey bags

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i have an orange eastpak my parents got me in 1996 that i use once a year

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Krankenstyle posted:

i have an orange eastpak my parents got me in 1996 that i use once a year

brown eastpak here, bought one in germany and it's been nearly worn daily for 5 years now. i think you could shoot this thing and it would still be fine

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The PL thread: knapsack problems, and solutions

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Lutha Mahtin posted:

The PL thread: knapsack problems, and solutions

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
my generic eastpak backpack is over 10 years old and still going string. really good poo poo

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

my 11 year old jansport or whatever is still needs suiting if visibly aged

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i have a 17-year old LL Bean brand backpack. i believe it cost about $50 at the time. some of the internal waterproof coating has flaked off but other than that it's still going strong. if you straightened out all the miles it's traveled with me, it would go around the circumference of the earth many times

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I use giant satchel purses and get a new one every 3 months when I get bored of the design

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
i use a cheap, lovely nylon messenger bag when i'm traveling. ugly, but durable.

i carry nothing at all to work because :effort:

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
people are judging you for your cheap bag, nbsd. respectable bags start at $500.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
gave a presentation to the ceo and half the board today. spent the whole thing panicking lest they realise I spend less than 50% of my monthly income on clothing and fire me on the spot

realtalk I wore the same jeans as usual and dgaf because I get judged by results not appearance

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
I have a timbuk2 messenger bag that i have used basically every weekday + taken on every plane flight for a decade and it basically looks the same as the day i bought it

it isn't the prettiest, though (this isn't the exact same but very similar):

The PL (Programming Language) thread: bagchat 2018

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i think you mean multiset chat :science:

e: your work bag is like a bad hashmap implementation cuz you can never remember which item is in which compartment :xd:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

cinci zoo sniper posted:

brown eastpak here, bought one in germany and it's been nearly worn daily for 5 years now. i think you could shoot this thing and it would still be fine

ya seriously i probably wore it dayly for 6+ years, theyre solid as hell

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat
nerds don't understand aesthetics? well i never

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

havelock posted:

nerds don't understand aesthetics? well i never

but most importantly, waht bag do you wear

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
i don't use a backpack because i am not a child in the schooling system hope this helps op

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

redleader posted:

i don't use a backpack because i am not a child in the schooling system hope this helps op

turn your monitor on

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

cinci zoo sniper posted:

but most importantly, waht bag do you wear

30 gallon black hefty

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Fiedler posted:

people are judging you for your cheap bag, nbsd. respectable bags start at $500.

you are trying to joke but you are 100% correct

i would never bring my lovely nylon bag to work because people would very much judge me

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
tef's bag is good and cool and y'all are killjoys

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Arcsech posted:

I have a timbuk2 messenger bag that i have used basically every weekday + taken on every plane flight for a decade and it basically looks the same as the day i bought it

it isn't the prettiest, though (this isn't the exact same but very similar):

The PL (Programming Language) thread: bagchat 2018

timbuk2 would be an example of the classic lovely nylon bag option. i carried one of these lovely things i got for free at a conference, until i lost it in the back of a cab because i drank too much. along with a company laptop. oops.

fun fact: timbuk2 moved virtually all production to china, unless you buy a bag from a timbuk2 store. it's like levi jeans in that respect

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have a tb2 closer and its good if i dont need to carry much stuff

if i do need to haul poo poo i use my super commuter spec ogio ugly backpack. its p good tho tbh. between that and my bike saddlebags i can get a week of groceries np

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I have a basic leather ll bean bag.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

my bag is amazon basics and very poo poo but what do you expect for 10 bucks

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

you are trying to joke but you are 100% correct

i would never bring my lovely nylon bag to work because people would very much judge me

workplace attire stymie

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
low level bean

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Jonny 290 posted:

if i do need to haul poo poo i use my super commuter spec ogio ugly backpack. its p good tho tbh. between that and my bike saddlebags i can get a week of groceries np

this is why i still have the ugly nylon bag

it's not work-appropriate, but i can carry a shitload of stuff in a messenger bag when the time calls for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

jit bull transpile posted:

workplace attire stymie

i think i can be confident you spend more time thinking about workplace attire than i do

(but i suppose that has a lot to do with unfair poo poo in the workplace)