Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Phyein posted:

Alcohol is pretty cool and manly. I wont be satisfied until we see a QB try to play a game while suffering from delirium tremens

I'm sure Bledsoe did at some point. A friend of mine used to work for Lloyds of London, which insured his contract, and apparently he was a raging alcoholic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

kiimo posted:

I wanted the Chiefs to draft Russell extremely bad. I watched him in college and you could see the playmaking ability. The Chiefs passed on him in the 3rd round to draft a backup right tackle. Are you loving kidding me. They didn't want to spook Matt Cassel by having a QB competition.

Vomit.

Wilson is going to suck the second he’s too old to effectively scramble.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

sponges posted:

Wilson is going to suck the second he’s too old to effectively scramble.

Wilson has barely been scrambling at all this year. His pocket passing has been very good now that, y'know, he has an actual pocket to work with.

He's been having to un-learn to scramble, since he's not used to actually having time.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Who is backing up Peterman this week?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Mahomes was a high risk high reward prospect. In most timelines he’s almost certainly a bust but he ended up with Big Andy, arguably the best qb coach of
all time. And then he got to sit for a year. It was the ideal situation.

I still think he was certainly worth a mid-late first round pick for a qb needy team.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Mahomes (and to an extent, Brady & Rogers) is proof that rookies sitting behind a proven QB will pay off dividends.

What I'm trying to say is that Alex Smith is a really good quarterback.

Reid's track record with grooming QBs from Favre to McNabb to Vick to Smith and now Mahomes is super impressive.

kiimo posted:

A lot of the bad to very bad scouting done on Mahomes in my opinion was a guy looking at tape and not watching games and seeing his footwork and shutting the tape down, writing down "bust based on footwork" and moving on.

The thing is that footwork is one of the reasons he is different from other people. He doesn't need his feet to be set to accurately deliver throws downfield from impossible angles. His footwork on normal drop-backs has improved a lot and Kafka (soon to be head coach interviewee Kafka that is) has a lot to do with that. But scouts saw that footwork and said those will be picks in the NFL.

You can't blame them, either, Mahomes is unique in this. Well, Rodgers can do it if he has to, maybe Stafford. Elway did it. But those are the guys they should have been comparing Mahomes to, but instead were lazy and wrote down "Jay Cutler" because they didn't want to get embarrassed.

Off-platform, all arm:

Technically both feet in the air:

Mahomes mechanics were dogshit and the entire reason why he wasn't a #1 overall pick. The success rate of fixing poor mechanics is poo poo, and it's unlikely anyone but Reid, Payton or Belichick could unfuck him.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

sponges posted:

Who is backing up Peterman this week?

Probably Allen, since Anderson is listed as questionable because he hasn't made it out of concussion protocol.

Edit: Oh, no, they signed Matt Barkley, so probably him, as Allen was ruled out earlier this week.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Mahomes mechanics were dogshit and the entire reason why he wasn't a #1 overall pick. The success rate of fixing poor mechanics is poo poo, and it's unlikely anyone but Reid, Payton or Belichick could unfuck him.

You could actually seem him improving his junior year, though (which just happened to coincide with him ditching baseball). People weren't paying close attention because he looked so sloppy the previous years.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Phyein posted:

Alcohol is pretty cool and manly. I wont be satisfied until we see a QB try to play a game while suffering from delirium tremens

Given the history of the league, this has to have happened at some point.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

I think he was. I never saw a guy like that before where 3rd and long just didn't exist. He never got sacked cause he just felt the rush so great and called his own games and everything. Nobody else was like him. He had only decent arm strength but what he did despite that made him just that much better. I didn't see Marino in his prime.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
:rip: sammy biscuits on the cards. Enjoy Jacksonville

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Spoeank posted:

:rip: sammy biscuits on the cards. Enjoy Jacksonville

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1058812587750682624

sam badford

fake e:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1058812797310722053

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rip: sam

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nice to meet you Injured Reserve, Im Barudak

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

“Remember we’re a 4-3 team now, we’re not a 3-4, so in the base defense, sometimes he doesn’t fit the role that we need done. No disrespect to Bruce, but he’s an edge rusher and we haven’t had a lead and we haven’t had the opposition behind in the chains a lot, so his role has been reduced. I know he’s frustrated. I’m frustrated and we’ll try to solve that as soon as possible. He’s a good player. He’s a good player.”

situational pass rusher, what the gently caress are you even talking about, dude has spent like his whole career not rushing the pas-

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1058822738805026816

oh jesus christ

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 3, 2018

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It seems like Gruden really just wanted an expansion team/blank slate to work with instead of actually coaching the 2017 Raiders when he took the job

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Irvin, especially since it's looking like Bosa isn't gonna be back this season at the rate we're going. Having a spare pass rusher is never a bad thing, even if he's not a top tier guy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Durandal1707 posted:

I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Irvin, especially since it's looking like Bosa isn't gonna be back this season at the rate we're going. Having a spare pass rusher is never a bad thing, even if he's not a top tier guy.

Same. Panthers need rotational guys at edge rusher, hell I was in favour of trading for him.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

It seems like Gruden really just wanted an expansion team/blank slate to work with instead of actually coaching the 2017 Raiders when he took the job

Hes basically getting paid 100 million dollars to roleplay an incompetent owner

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

How long you figure until Gruden cuts Lynch?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Finger Prince posted:

How long you figure until Gruden cuts Lynch?

Why cut a guy on IR?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

BlindSite posted:

Same. Panthers need rotational guys at edge rusher, hell I was in favour of trading for him.

Yeah. honestly, just having even a warm body at end who can passably rush the QB is always a good thing, I think. Especially since both our teams run 4-3s.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Why cut a guy on IR?

I also don't believe Marshawn would want anything to do with the Raiders after this year anyway. I think he's done.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Volkerball posted:

situational pass rusher, what the gently caress are you even talking about, dude has spent like his whole career not rushing the pas-

oh jesus christ

Uhhhh

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Why cut a guy on IR?

"Why", he asks.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Volkerball posted:

oh jesus christ

I want the Seahawks to go get him so bad, he knows the system and loves Ken Norton. Not sure the money pencils out though.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So does Reggie McKenzie come back to Green Bay or does he rejoin Dorsey and Wolf in Cleveland?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

raiders superpower 2020
you know, like China.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

So Mike Silver is in total meltdown mode and going scorched earth on Cleveland sports fans since Hue got fired.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Falcons could make a move for him.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Jumping on the "Hope my team takes a look at Irvin" bandwagon. I wonder if anyone will bite on waivers with that salary though.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So Mike Silver is in total meltdown mode and going scorched earth on Cleveland sports fans since Hue got fired.

Show don't tell :justpost:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is the bad version of the gif, the full version also shows him closing the binder and visibly considering tossing it to the floor before begrudgingly handing it back to a coach

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

-Bill Belichick
127 million dollars, god bless him.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

That guy just cannot stay healthy. Good gravy.

SKULL.GIF posted:

So does Reggie McKenzie come back to Green Bay or does he rejoin Dorsey and Wolf in Cleveland?

The whole reason he left Green Bay was because he didn't see any upward mobility, because Thompson was so well-entrenched with management. Now Green Bay has a new GM who is probably going to have a long leash, at least until Rodgers is done. Wouldn't be shocked to see him try to make things work in Cleveland (and then go to sleep crying every night).

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Show don't tell :justpost:

Selections from the ongoing meltdown. He's between RIP somebody that died, 45's a poo poo and gently caress cleveland.

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/1058433754023157760
https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/1058463455286448128
https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/1058436033044303873

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

-Bill Belichick
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1058839336240795650

Probably just seeing if they can get some last minute value.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

That Which Squeaks posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1058839336240795650

Probably just seeing if they can get some last minute value.

Trade deadline was last Tuesday

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Mike Silver is a Hue Jackson mouthpiece so he's just salty his source got canned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Flikken posted:

Trade deadline was last Tuesday

Maybe he means they are gonna try and steal his wallet.

• Locked thread