Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

PokeJoe posted:

related to the spooky shirt

I like the original with the happy friendly animals.

What do those characters next to Kill Em All mean, anyways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Bummey posted:

I like the original with the happy friendly animals.

What do those characters next to Kill Em All mean, anyways?

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

ty. anyone curious about the two chinese characters on the dead cops shirt, it says "spirits"

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

oopie. thanks

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
I wish Knock Off Nightmares posted more often.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It doesn't look anything like Shatner.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Time for summer pyjamas

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

got a bunch of enamel pins and silly gadgets hopefully in time for xmas

i found this little toothpick holder and was just going to get it, but then clicked through the shop and added half a dozen other items bc i'm a sucker for kitchen poo poo

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SEX BURRITO posted:

I wish Knock Off Nightmares posted more often.

Lord almighty that's hilarious.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Miss posted:

Time for summer pyjamas

Miss posted:

Time for summer pyjamas

Christmas gift for my girlfriend! Thanks.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
I've started get a bit annoyed at listings that are $50 then you open it and suprise!! The $50 variant is sold out and it's actually $80.

It makes it nearly impossible to find the listings that are a good price for the item.

Most of the time the cheap variant is an sku that was clearly meaningless to game the listing

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
That and the listings that are $2 for whatever cheap trinket with $5 shipping.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

ty. anyone curious about the two chinese characters on the dead cops shirt, it says "spirits"

Given the rest of the shirt it's probably aiming for the Japanese meaning, which is more along the lines of "demon god" or "fierce god" or "Rakshasa".

Woden
May 6, 2006
I almost always go with the most popular seller even if it's a bit more, those $1.12 items with 3 sales just look shady as hell when someone else has sold 12k for $9.81.

Ohyesitsme
Apr 12, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bought a door lock, remote controlled like keyless entry on your car. It's loving brilliant and costs less than a decent front door lock. No keyholes in my door, just blip and it opens. It's pretty lovely metal but means people can't snap off or use a bump key in your lock - because there isn't any way to get at it.
Loving it.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Waf....51144c4du3fvNo

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Ohyesitsme posted:

I bought a door lock, remote controlled like keyless entry on your car. It's loving brilliant and costs less than a decent front door lock. No keyholes in my door, just blip and it opens. It's pretty lovely metal but means people can't snap off or use a bump key in your lock - because there isn't any way to get at it.
Loving it.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Waf....51144c4du3fvNo

I'm glad it will keep lockpicking minigame players out

I'd love for a security researcher to take a look at these and see how terrible it probably is

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'd bet you can just sniff out the code with a $5 DVB-T dongle.

What happens if you lose the key fob or tha battery in the lock dies? Do you have to just cut down the whole door?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

mobby_6kl posted:

I'd bet you can just sniff out the code with a $5 DVB-T dongle.

Probably, but household locks are just for keeping honest people honest, right? Anyone who is dedicated enough to doing crimes to buy crime gadgets would have found a way in.

The battery would worry me though. It has an emergency open button on the inside, but it's electronic rather than mechanical so it probably doesn't work if the battery is dead. lol

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

That lock sits on top of the door/frame and not inside it so it's probably pretty easy to just slam your body against the door to bust it open like a badass.
Less easy if the door opens outwards.

I use a Danalock on my door for this reason, if the battery or motor fails it still works with the original key but it can alert my phone whenever the door is locked and unlocked so if someone picks the cylinder at least I know about it and can yell at them through the network cameras.

Ohyesitsme
Apr 12, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Facebook Aunt posted:

Probably, but household locks are just for keeping honest people honest, right? Anyone who is dedicated enough to doing crimes to buy crime gadgets would have found a way in.

The battery would worry me though. It has an emergency open button on the inside, but it's electronic rather than mechanical so it probably doesn't work if the battery is dead. lol

I have a back door with a normal anti-snap, anti - bump key.
But my dog lives out the back (Staffy bull terrier) - and he's taking no poo poo from anyone!

Ohyesitsme
Apr 12, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yep - I am under no illusions of bank vault security, but if it makes thieves move on to the next house instead of mine - I win. TBH, I live in a very low crime area in Northern Ireland - all any thief would need to do would be to break a window. my window, next door's window, the easiest place to break in silently is where they will go!

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

y'all, i have a problem,

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Killingyouguy! posted:

y'all, i have a problem,

You have a potato for a camera?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

i bought this laptop on sale in 2012 ok

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Miss posted:

Time for summer pyjamas

OH MY GOD

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Killingyouguy! posted:

y'all, i have a problem,

I see no problem here, don't stop

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Killingyouguy! posted:

y'all, i have a problem,

Is that Oreo O's in the back?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

nice ikea garage shelf, scrub

i have at least 5 of those they're great

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

The last piece of my latest flurry of purchases has been taking a leisurely tour of the Upper Midwest for a month. I can't even blame the vendor or Ali or anything on their side when it was "processed through" Chicago on 10/4, "arrived at" Chicago on 10/16 (:iiam:), "arrived at" Detroit on 10/20, and departed the regional Detroit facility on 11/2. I get daily updates through the USPS site that just says "In transit to the next facility" every single goddamn day at midnight for a week or so now. Did it fall between the driver's seat and center console on some random mail truck or what? JFC. :mad:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

s.i.r.e. posted:

Is that Oreo O's in the back?

Boo Berry!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Killingyouguy! posted:

i bought this laptop on sale in 2012 ok

I like it. It looks like a FMV computer game. Probably a grue waiting in that dark room in the background.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Miss posted:

Time for summer pyjamas

I love! But I’m wary about ordering something that’s ‘one size’ from AE.

I may just buy some fabric and make myself a pretty dress. Maybe this one for formal occasions?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Do you have any weddings coming up? Ooh! Or funerals? Important court dates?

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

Hirayuki posted:

Do you have any weddings coming up? Ooh! Or funerals? Important court dates?

I have a wedding coming up

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Not a wedding. Bart has the wrong number of head spikes. Everyone will know it's a knockoff.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Only if you're the bride!

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

lookin at metal gear poo poo for my husband

snek...................

also he wears a small/medium in US men's sizes, would a large off aliexpress be good enough? i alter our clothing so if it's somehow too big, it's super easy to take in the sides and arms. i can't find my loving cloth tape measure

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
it’s not worth the risk of getting clothes that don’t fit properly imo, get that measurement tape and check those shoulders

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

The Snoo posted:

snek...................

also he wears a small/medium in US men's sizes, would a large off aliexpress be good enough? i alter our clothing so if it's somehow too big, it's super easy to take in the sides and arms. i can't find my loving cloth tape measure

I thought you meant the figure for a moment, and was thinking "sounds about right"

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
A large is probably too small, since the difference between Asian and Western sizes is like 3 or 4 levels. Go by the measurements.

Does anyone have recommendations for cute earbud cases? I have the kind of earbuds with the wire and lightning connector, so not just Airpods, but otoh it doesn't need to be a charger or anything, it just has to keep them contained and protected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The Snoo posted:

snek...................

Depends on the seller as you'd guess, I also wear small/medium us sizes and bought some large and extra large Ali stuff that fits pretty well. Measure him, I bought a cloth measuring tape off Ali after I bought a shirt that didn't fit from them lol