Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

mycomancy posted:

Easy, the person who has hoarded resources that equal a small town's population's savings, that's who's evil.

Also gently caress off with that poo poo outta here, "sharing" isn't the word. We're talking about class warfare, northing more or less.

small?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Jeff Bezos has hoarded the wealth equivalent to the GDP of a medium-sized country, not the savings of a small town lol

E: beaten

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

qkkl posted:

Who's more evil, the person who doesn't want to share, or the person who wants to kill the person who doesn't want to share?

The person who doesnt want to share.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mycomancy posted:

Easy, the person who has hoarded resources that equal a small town's population's savings, that's who's evil.

Also gently caress off with that poo poo outta here, "sharing" isn't the word. We're talking about class warfare, northing more or less.

What has Bezos done that would constitute an act of class warfare? For example I would consider hiring Pinkertons to massacre employees who are striking to be an act of class warfare.

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

qkkl posted:

What has Bezos done that would constitute an act of class warfare? For example I would consider hiring Pinkertons to massacre employees who are striking to be an act of class warfare.

hoarding enough wealth to be considered a god and waging war against his employees who want to unionize is class warfare

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

qkkl posted:

Who's more evil, the person who doesn't want to share, or the person who wants to kill the person who doesn't want to share?

The person who stole value from others and now pretends it's mean to force him to "share"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

qkkl posted:

Keeping a workforce of underprivileged people in a state of controlled poverty that makes them barely above slaves in agency.

Also gently caress you.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

qkkl posted:

lol he’s literally said he has so much money he doesn’t know what to do with it at the same time that his employees are living out of their cars without healthcare

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Look I was posting on the toilet, sorry I didn't quote exact figures.

But yeah qkkl please go gently caress yourself with your sealioning

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'd be more scared of someone who wants to kill than someone who doesn't want to share. Imagine what other things that person might want to kill for.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

qkkl posted:

I'd be more scared of someone who wants to kill than someone who doesn't want to share. Imagine what other things that person might want to kill for.

gently caress off oval office.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

qkkl posted:

yes you should be afraid and make sure to share so they don't get mad and come for you

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

qkkl posted:

the only reason the person who doesn't want to share doesn't want to kill you is because you make the things that they own and don't want to share.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

qkkl posted:

gently caress off. Bezos has caused untold amounts of human suffering for his own selfish greed.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
The "share" dialog is a ploy to reduce massive wealth inequality to the level of children squabbling over a toy.

Bezos et al. aren't "not sharing," they're extracting wealth and value out of their workers and hoarding it. How many suicides have they caused? How many children cannot live up to their full potential because their households have been disrupted by this wealth extraction? loving :thermidor: the lot of them along with their apologists.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Quote isn't edit

mycomancy has issued a correction as of 18:09 on Nov 4, 2018

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Quote isn't edit v2, goddamn I'm bad at posting today.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

qkkl posted:

:popeye:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

qkkl posted:

What has Bezos done that would constitute an act of class warfare?

Look at this post lmao

Akilles
Dec 29, 2008
Not sharing will cause the death of many others.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

qkkl posted:

This is kind of the point.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

qkkl posted:

You'd be right to be scared you piss stain.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

qkkl posted:

this isn’t a binary though because not sharing kills people

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

qkkl posted:

keep shaking bootlicker

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mycomancy posted:

The "share" dialog is a ploy to reduce massive wealth inequality to the level of children squabbling over a toy.

Bezos et al. aren't "not sharing," they're extracting wealth and value out of their workers and hoarding it. How many suicides have they caused? How many children cannot live up to their full potential because their households have been disrupted by this wealth extraction? loving :thermidor: the lot of them along with their apologists.

What would the workers be doing if they weren't being exploited by capital? Any worker that doesn't work for themselves is going to be exploited by their employer, because otherwise there would be no point in hiring people if you have to pay them exactly the value that they produce.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

qkkl posted:

What would the workers be doing if they weren't being exploited by capital? Any worker that doesn't work for themselves is going to be exploited by their employer, because otherwise there would be no point in hiring people if you have to pay them exactly the value that they produce.

goddamn you have a real lack of imagination dude

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

qkkl posted:

burrrrrrrrrrrr durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hyuk

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

qkkl posted:

gently caress off sealion, I'm not explaining Marxist theory to you.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

qkkl posted:

:captainpop:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I feel like it's kind of rare for someone posting in defense of capitalism to explicitly say that exploiting people is cool and good

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

qkkl posted:

What would the workers be doing if they weren't being exploited by capital?

Lmao

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i'd be flying around being a bounty hunter in space right now if it wasnt for the fact i had to staff the american outfitters for 4 hours a week with my 8th part time job

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
'Without our feudal lord whose lands would we farm??' but unironically just lmao

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

qkkl posted:

Real answer: A little bit of exploitation is inevitable and can be tolerated. Like owners earning a bit more than their workers. Exploitation to the point people are stuck in an endless cycle of poverty isn't fine. Like owners earning 100x what their indentured servants are paid.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

qkkl posted:

What if, get this, the workers owned the means of production?

Can't be exploited when you're working for yourself.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ok I came up with a reason why an employer would want to hire workers even if they had to be paid exactly the value they created. The situation would be where alone the employer could not produce any value, but with the combined efforts of workers some value could be produced, so if the employer was also one of the workers then they'd get some small value out of hiring workers.

The tricky part is determining how much value each worker produces, because you want to pay them exactly the value they produce, otherwise they're either being given wealth they didn't produce or are having wealth extracted from them. Bezos detractors are merely arguing that the value he creates is much less than the value he is given.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

qkkl posted:

Ok I came up with a reason why an employer would want to hire workers even if they had to be paid exactly the value they created. The situation would be where alone the employer could not produce any value, but with the combined efforts of workers some value could be produced, so if the employer was also one of the workers then they'd get some small value out of hiring workers.

The tricky part is determining how much value each worker produces, because you want to pay them exactly the value they produce, otherwise they're either being given wealth they didn't produce or are having wealth extracted from them. Bezos detractors are merely arguing that the value he creates is much less than the value he is given.

this reason is stupid and youre stupid

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
if youre some kind of a gimmick or something its really bad and not funny but also not infuriating because im sure youll be dead in the first days of climate change wars due to letting everyone have your stuff since you cant work for it

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

qkkl posted:

If there was some way that you could jump up your own rear end in a top hat and vanish I'd suggest you do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

World War Mammories posted:

I feel like it's kind of rare for someone posting in defense of capitalism to explicitly say that exploiting people is cool and good

yall keep takin the bait