Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

I'm curious how Lafayette came to be revitalized while everything around it remains rusty.

I guess I could be curious about Pittsburgh too but there are like 9 or 10 times the people around there.

e: I am actually sort of curious, I have no idea where that map comes from

I used to recruit for the area, there are a lot of automotive and aerospace facilities there and I believe a lot of logistics industries. That said, if that qualifies, Indi, Columbus, Cinci and others should qualify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
No rings before 2002 matter

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to be hanging out at the Dayton Air Force Museum rather than watching football this Sunday so just keep this in mind for the gdt.

gently caress every Steeler, go every Raven.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Grittybeard posted:

I'm curious how Lafayette came to be revitalized while everything around it remains rusty.

I guess I could be curious about Pittsburgh too but there are like 9 or 10 times the people around there.

Subaru plant combined with a tiny non-student population.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Now post ring distribution correlated with that area's average penis size. Which region has the best ring-to-dong ratio?

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

ELO Musk posted:

To include Baltimore you should include Philly and Boston too. Only...wait. That doesn't make sense for you, does it?

what moron made this map. Is this rust belt schooling

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Grittybeard posted:

Pittsburgh had a good mayor in the late 70s/80s who helped transition the economy from manufacturing steel and aluminum to banking, medicine and biotech. Probably helps that Carnegie Mellon University is the low-key hub of DARPA too

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

ELO Musk posted:

To include Baltimore you should include Philly and Boston too. Only...wait. That doesn't make sense for you, does it?

cincinatti

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Phobeste posted:

what moron made this map. Is this rust belt schooling

yes

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Metapod posted:

I consulted with the other Pats fans and this checks out

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
How on earth is Baltimore "revitalized"? Are they just including Fells Point and Howard County?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm both a Principle City and Rust Belt New Hampshire

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Metapod posted:

That puts CA/TX at 0 lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
How badly are the Browns going to lose you ask?

https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/1059119990849355776

That badly

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Spoeank posted:

I'm both a Principle City and Rust Belt New Hampshire

I'm rust belt Princeton, the cradle of Football

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

the annual region debate. A time honored tradition.

I'll be that guy who says the Pac NW is the best region / we don't have our own accent. This is supported by the fact that people keep moving here and raising my loving living expenses news anchors sound like us. Our football quality ebbs and flows but mostly we don't have REALLY BAD teams very often. I remember that one jon bois chart where the seahawks were essentially the most "stable" team in what to expect in W-L. They look to return to their native 7-9 to 10-6 home this year.

I am going to my annual Seahawks game today and hope they have an exciting win against the Chargers. Though the chargers are 5-2 this game feels like a toss up

UW has imploded tho which makes me sad. Though I look forward to the annual throttling of WSU especially if WSU comes in top 10.

Am I doing this regional piss contest right?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

That puts CA/TX at 0 lol

It also makes new England the true football power region

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

That puts CA/TX at 0 lol

Insha’allah

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Metapod posted:

Correct

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Metapod posted:

Rust belt still matches New England's 5. Womp womp

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

ELO Musk posted:

I'm rust belt Princeton, the cradle of Football

*in Pittsburgh poster voice*

Well, you see Princeton is in the same county as Trenton. The D&R canal, which expedited shipping of coal from Pennsylvania to New York City in the nineteenth century, runs just by the campus. Furthermore, the Northeast Corridor...

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Rust belt still matches New England's 5. Womp womp

Where are you getting 5?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Metapod posted:

Where are you getting 5?

2 in Pgh, 1 Balt, 1 Indy, 1 GB

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If you're counting Baltimore as rust belt then phili is new England

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Neither Philly nor NYC are NE. Baltimore is very clearly a rust belt city. Idk how you can argue otherwise given the state of that city

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

with all the craft breweries i think pittsburgh is, actually, in the pnw sorry. the ravens are the only rust belt team with a ring

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
NYC is NE

Ghost Dog posted:

with all the craft breweries i think pittsburgh is, actually, in the pnw sorry. the ravens are the only rust belt team with a ring

I'm listening

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

How badly are the Browns going to lose you ask?

https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/1059119990849355776

That badly

I feel like the only good part of this is making sure Gregggg will have absolutely no success by getting him utterly eviscerated in his first game.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Metapod posted:

NYC is NE

I'm listening

theres tons of idiots on bikes, theres mountains, you never see the sun its constantly raining. seattle has two teams, the seahawks and the steelers

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

ayyy

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

with uber there pittsburgh even has tech bros

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

2 in Pgh, 1 Balt, 1 Indy, 1 GB

GB is in the great lakes, but not the rust belt. Its way too inland to be in the rust belt.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

OxySnake posted:

GB is in the great lakes, but not the rust belt. Its way too inland to be in the rust belt.

Yeah, Green Bay is "paper belt" if anything (the entire Fox River Valley is paper mills after paper mills)

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Gb is in the hot dish belt imo

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

does dc count as the south

sure doesn’t feel like the south

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Vertical Lime posted:

does dc count as the south

sure doesn’t feel like the south

DC used to be the South but is trending North pretty heavily these days. You can even see a difference in fashion and attitude on one side of the Potomac vs the other.

Of course, the classic joke is that it's the city of Southern efficiency and Northern hospitality. Southern summer humidity, Northern winter cold. Woohoo!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

also i find it hilarious that baltimore is south of the mason dixon line and thus some consider it a southern city

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Vertical Lime posted:

also i find it hilarious that baltimore is south of the mason dixon line and thus some consider it a southern city

Baltimore, like the rest of Maryland, isn't really anything. It's not the north, it's not the south, it's just...Baltimore. Sneakily might be America's weirdest state.

The exception is southern Maryland, which is south as fuckk.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

^eastern shore also

Boston belongs in the south, in my humble opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

sharknado slashfic posted:

^eastern shore also

Boston belongs in the south, in my humble opinion