Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Midnight Voyager posted:

If you guys are this weird about a bra that was tried on once, I hope you never buy clothes from stores. Because believe it or not, people try those on! They might have been worn by more than ONE person before! Even the bras! Shocking, I know.

I guess if my boyfriend took me to a store and told me he was going to get me an outfit, but all of the outfits had been worn by his exes, that would be a little more of an apt comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

big dyke energy posted:

I guess if my boyfriend took me to a store and told me he was going to get me an outfit, but all of the outfits had been worn by his exes, that would be a little more of an apt comparison.

They literally could have been. :shrug:

If it's stained and old, that's an obvious no. Something of sentimental value? Probably no. I guess I just don't give a poo poo if it was worn once, is nice, and fits.

(hey guys, do you know they put little plastic things in the crotch of bathing suits for women? They do it because people try those on nude. You're welcome!)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Midnight Voyager posted:

If it's stained and old, that's an obvious no. Something of sentimental value? Probably no. I guess I just don't give a poo poo if it was worn once, is nice, and fits.

(hey guys, do you know they put little plastic things in the crotch of bathing suits for women? They do it because people try those on nude. You're welcome!)

Why are you being so weird about this

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why are you being so weird about this

Someone compared it to offering your partner some anal bubblegum, but this person's the weird one to you?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Batterypowered7 posted:

Someone compared it to offering your partner some anal bubblegum, but this person's the weird one to you?

Anal bubblegum is less weird and more insanely dumb.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Midnight Voyager posted:

You're supposed to try em on over your undies.

Like if the dude wants to give it to his current gf, he can, but he shouldn't tell her it was his exes. He can be like 'oh I checked your size and bought this for you' or whatever, if he feels THAT bad about neither of his girlfriends wearing the bra. Or he could donate it and not worry about it ever again.

It's a weird thing to keep harping on tho.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
People are mixing up two completely different ways of looking at this and it's driving me crazy. Offering the bra is either weird because
- it's underwear and you don't offer used underwear at all!
- it's something connected to the ex and you don't offer things your ex had
I can get the second argument because as I said I'm honestly not super qualified to talk about ex stuff, but the first one is completely incomprehensible to me, especially if you read the OP just a little bit carefully. The woman in question tried the bra on, once, it's not used in any definition of the word, and obviously boobs are of a different quality than genitals, how is this even close to a reasonable comparison?! Please make up your mind what you actually find weird about this.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

big dyke energy posted:

It's a weird thing to keep harping on tho.

I just want to stop thinking about how the hospitalized girl in the story I found is probably being made into a skinsuit as we speak.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
CPS is dividing my relationsip

quote:

I'm 32 and live in a 2 level house. 9 months ago a single mom (25) moved in upstairs and we started a relationship.

Everything was 100% until in September the father of one of her 1yr old daughter came to visit. She let him stay at the house for 7 days for his visit. He didnt know about her and I's relationship. He also has a very very violent past with her. Physical, sexual, emotional abuse.

Her and I txted a lot and on night 5 of his 7 day stay we talked in her car secretly 2 blocks away about it. She kept telling me nothing was happening. We'll be fine. He'll be gone soon. She told me she slept on the couch.

When we got home I heard them laughing for over an hour and then walk to her bedroom. I stood on my kitchen table and put my ear to the ceiling and heard her suspicious noises.

I then used a key I had to go upstairs and go into her bedroom, they were both in her bed, but not in any act. I pull him off the bed and start beating him up. I punched him in the face around 10 times while telling him that shes my girlfriend,that he needs to get out, that he needs to be a better human being, that he needs to be a dad and thats it. He says he will and I go back downstairs.

30 min later the police show up and hes charging me with assault and uttering threats. I've never been charged with anything before and have no record or history of violence. I'm 32. That last punch I ever threw was in grade 5 when I was 10 defending myself from 2 bullies walking home from school.

I dont get arrested, just told to pack a bag and go to a friends until he leaves the house then I can come back. So I do. The next day she tells me hes gone (he left a day early) and that I can come back. Before I go back, the mother of my son (whom I'm separated from for 5 years and am in the middle of a 14 month parenting time trial with our 8 year old son) tells me she heard about my incident. I show my girlfriend and she tells me shes the one who told her.

I come home and we talk (a long and crazy talk) and decide to continue our relationship. We both did wrong things but we both understand why things happened the way they happened. We love each other. Our relationship was literally perfect until this.

The next month is perfect again. I get more involved with her 2 kids. Attend parent teacher meetings/get put as emergency contact for her kids/do extracurricular sports with her kids/babysit her kids we literally do everything together. Everything. We are so happy and so in love. All of us.

2 days before my next parenting time trial date (about a month after the assault event) I get an email and find out that my kids mother had recorded the phone call that my girlfriend had made to her and they plan on using it in court. My girlfriend steps up immediately and is there for me every step of the way. We fought it and she even took the stand for me to defend her actions and my parenting.

The parenting time trial should have ended but the judge decided to adjourn because I still had that pending charge and he would like to see what comes of it. The big matter they are all worried about is that her two kids were sleeping at the time of the assault. It happened at around 12:30pm. They were asleep however and heard nothing. They are 1 and 5. The night I did what I did, I was up there for about a minute, and then they were up there and the police, it was a 2 hours ordeal. The kids NEVER woke up. But. They were in the house. In the interim time my parenting time with my son gets knocked from 5 days every 2 weeks, to 9 hours a week and hes not allowed at my home or around my girlfriend and her 2 children. This is extremely hard on us as we feel its uncalled for. I am not a danger to anyone, especially any children. My son and her children are great friends as well. We basically were starting a family.

My girlfriend and I push through this. Continue life and live each day. Things are good. We are strong and solid. Yeah, whats happening sucks, but its not over. I have to deal with my charge, and complete my parenting time trial still. Things will get better. Also worth mentioning, since the night of the assault, I've spent 100% of the time upstairs with them. My place downstairs basically was vacant.

Well.

12 days ago she gets a call from Child Protective Services. We are shocked. We dont know who called them. We think it was my sons mother most likely, maybe it was her daughters father but that doesnt make much sense, we think it maybe could have even been the judge. They tell her they have to come in for a check. We dont think we have anything to worry about as theres absolutely nothing wrong with the home or either of our parenting skills. We love our children and provide for them in every way.

CPS come 6 days ago. They proceed to tell her that they had to come as a formality because there was an act of violence in the home. They tell her that I am not allowed to be in the upstairs premise, and that I am not allowed to be around her children unsupervised. She breaks down in tears. She told CPS that we were continuing a relationship. She was honest with them. We didnt know that those were rules that were in place. CPS say normally they show up to a house within 5 days of an event like the one that happened, but because of an "operational error" they didnt come for 48 days. Because of the way CPS sounded, we've basically eliminated the ex's calling theory and believe it was either the judge, or it really was an "operational error."

We are now officially destroyed. Both of our hearts and completely shattered. We want to be together. We are amazing parents. We wanted to move in together. Now a judge in my parenting time trial has said my son cant be around them, and CPS has said I cant be upstairs or around her children unsupervised. All because I went upstairs and decided to beat up this man while the children were sleeping.

I know what I did was wrong. I regret it with the entirely of my mind body and soul. Immediately after I regretted it. I feel like a huge gently caress up.

Now we have mutually decided to end our relationship for the time being. We dont know what will happen. There are too many things up in the air right now. CPS, my charge, my parenting time trial. CPS said if she ends the relationship then her case could be closed in 2 months. They said if she continues a relationship with me then they would need to talk to me as well and the case would stay open indefinitely. Maybe not that long, but longer than 2 months for sure. She doesnt want to live with that stress.

I love her. She loves me. Now we can't be together. I've never felt so low in my entire life. I'm scared we'll never be together again. Our entire relationship has been amazing, perfect, except for that one incident that involved gently caress-ups from both of us and we've both accepted what happened, understood what happened, and forgave what happened. Personally it is behind us, but now the courts and CPS are forcing this all to continue.

What do we do? Its hell being down here hearing her and the kids walk around and do their thing upstairs. I think we're both going to move out to separate places as soon as we can but finding places in hard where we live. When I see her, she's still the same amazing woman, but the love and affection from her is almost gone. I understand because she doesnt want to have any blurred lines. We're choosing to end it and let everything settle so that CPS will close their case, but I feel like if all the feelings are still there, why cant we keep some sort of semblance of our love for each other.

I'm so sorry this is so long. I'm down on life immensely. I started on anti-depressants and have an anti-anxiety medication as well. I'm seeing counselors. I feel like I don't know what do. I'm down and I don't know if I'll ever be able to be up again.

TL;DR Fall in love with a woman and her children upstairs. Beat up father of one of the children upstairs. CPS says I cant be up there or around the children unsupervised. Event also gets brought into my on-going parenting time trial. My child is now not allowed at my home or around my girlfriend and her children.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
its about the fact it was an ex's possession you incredible spergs, and yes most people would feel weird about it no matter how "illogical!" :mitt: you want to get about it

anyways, have some office craziness from ask a manager:

quote:

A reader writes:

I work in a management position at an investment firm. A few months ago the firm, and Mary, one of the people who reports to me, were investigated by the authorities for fraud. The investigation revealed no fraud had been committed, and Jane, another employee who reports to me, admitted to altering and directing things so it would appear as though Mary had committed fraud.

Jane says she did this because her husband, Joe (who also works at the firm but does not report to me), was abusive and she had no other way to report it to the authorities without raising Joe’s suspicions. She said if she had gone to the police or called 911, Joe would have known right away since he was always around her and wouldn’t let her go anywhere on her own, and she feared for her safety if she reported him. Jane said speaking to authorities because a colleague was being investigated for fraud is the only way she could report Joe and be safe.

After Jane spoke to the investigating authorities, they contacted our local police. Joe has been arrested on abuse charges and Jane is in the process of divorcing him. He was fired and banned from company property.

I’m glad Jane is moving on but I’m in between a rock and a hard place because of the effect the investigation had on Mary. She was unable to work during the investigation and word got around in her personal and professional life that she had committed fraud. Every aspect of her life was turned upside down by the investigators and she had to move in with her father because not working meant she couldn’t pay her rent. Mary is furious at Jane and has openly said Jane needs to be fired.

The authorities declined to investigate Jane further or charge her because no fraud was actually committed. For the record, I didn’t know about Jane’s situation or I would have contacted the police (Joe has been charged with threatening her life) and offered my support to Jane. I don’t want to look like I’m picking on an abuse victim but I also don’t think what she did to Mary was right. I am at a loss as to how I can navigate this.

I admit the circumstances seem convoluted and if it wasn’t happening to me and in my office I wouldn’t even believe it was happening. I have never been in an abusive relationship so I don’t claim to understand how Jane was feeling but I also don’t think it’s an excuse for almost ruining someone’s life. I honestly have no idea how to handle this, I’ve never had any kind of similar situation to deal with as a manager. I’m hoping you can help me.

answer:

quote:

Huh.

So, this is a question where I feel very confident about parts of my answer and not at all confident about other parts, and ultimately I think you need to talk to someone who has expertise in working with domestic abuse victims.

That said — and with the caveat that I feel really uncomfortable second-guessing an abuse victim because I understand that abuse can do terrible things to your brain — Jane couldn’t speak with you or someone else at work privately and ask them to get her in a room with police without Joe hearing about it?

I don’t know all the details, and maybe there’s some reason why that wouldn’t work. But unless Joe is in every private meeting that Jane has at work, it’s hard for me to see why setting up someone else was the only path for her, and this seems like a hole in her thinking that ended up being devastating for Mary.

But again, I’m not an expert in this.

So let’s move to the part that I do feel confident about : Your company needs to step in here and make things right for Mary. At the very least, they should make her whole financially; it’s because of her employment there that she lost her home and had to move in with a parent, and that’s not right. They also should figure out who may have heard about the accusation and ensure that all of those people hear that Mary was unequivocally innocent.

As for what to do about Jane … here I’m out of my depth again. Ordinarily I’d say that you should tell her that while you understand the position she was in, you now have an employee whose life was ripped to shreds by what she did, and that because of that, Jane needs to move on (and that because you’re sympathetic to her situation, you’ll do what you can to help her in that). But in this case, I really think you need to get advice from someone who’s far more expert than me about the psychology of abuse, because this is more complicated than “one employee set up another employee to be accused of fraud.”

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

big dyke energy posted:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Straight White Shark posted:

I don’t even know where to start with the mess of a story.

I do know that the English is terrible in it but the guy seems to be from America?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

its about the fact it was an ex's possession you incredible spergs, and yes most people would feel weird about it no matter how "illogical!" :mitt: you want to get about it

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

anyways, have some office craziness from ask a manager:

answer:

Fire her

Yes it's terrible that she was abused but a woman's life was pretty much ruined by her, for malicious reasons or not, and she absolutely cannot work there anymore

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Straight up report her to the police. Jail will keep her ex away from her

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Barudak posted:

Straight up report her to the police. Jail will keep her ex away from her

He did but they refused to do anything

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

I'm getting tickled by the idea of a parenting time trial.

How long does it take you to get these three kids under 6 bathed, in PJs and in bed? There's a three minute penalty for each outburst of tears!

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Blade Runner posted:

He did but they refused to do anything

the white man gets oppressed again!! :argh:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't particularly have a dog in the slightly-used-bra fight, but I asked my wife out of curiosity and she's on board the "if it fit I'd take it" train :shrug:

She said to specify that it's because she places really high value on nice bras that fit right because most bras don't actually fit anyone (she is very passionate on this issue)

She is currently yelling in from the next room that she wouldn't care if my ex was wearing the bra while we hosed, if it was an expensive bra that actually fit her she'd wear it

But, I have been instructed to continue, there's probably nuances to be found here in the specific relationship, like, if you've been dating your current girlfriend for six months, and the ex in question was a five-year relationship and you almost got married, she can understand why jealousy would come up, like, it has to do with how secure she feels in the relationship compared to the ex

Ok this has been "loquacius dictates a Something Awful post about bras for his wife" thanks for reading

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Anal bubblegum is less weird and more insanely dumb.

please dont kink shame

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

you know I thought the whole idea of him not going for the obvious thought of “hey this is my ex’s, I should throw this out” and instead thinking “hmmmm I spent a lot of money on this, I bet my gf will wear this!!! :pervert:” was funny

But nah let’s continue splitting hairs in a tedious derail and examine every fine detail of this under a microscope

there should be a word for this let’s call it redditing

red sampson
Oct 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
a man and his cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LNeBf7bOTU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

failing forward posted:

What if you don't have one of those friends? Wait... am I...?

The whole point of this thread is to say "at least I'm not them" over and over

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I hate to get autistic about the bra thing but I can definitely see why a woman would get uncomfortable with a) learning that her boyfriend still has something of his ex’s, especially lingerie, and b) being asked if she wants said intimate item. Even if logically he just forgot he had it and there’s nothing weird about him keeping it she might still feel strange about it. Personally if it was me in the banana hammock scenario I’d wear the hand-me-down banana hammock (after washing it, obviously) but other people wouldn’t and that’s fine.

Now this loving Jane/Mary story is loving wild, gotta feel bad for everyone except the husband here.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

loquacius posted:

I don't particularly have a dog in the slightly-used-bra fight, but I asked my wife out of curiosity and she's on board the "if it fit I'd take it" train :shrug:

She said to specify that it's because she places really high value on nice bras that fit right because most bras don't actually fit anyone (she is very passionate on this issue)

She is currently yelling in from the next room that she wouldn't care if my ex was wearing the bra while we hosed, if it was an expensive bra that actually fit her she'd wear it

But, I have been instructed to continue, there's probably nuances to be found here in the specific relationship, like, if you've been dating your current girlfriend for six months, and the ex in question was a five-year relationship and you almost got married, she can understand why jealousy would come up, like, it has to do with how secure she feels in the relationship compared to the ex

Ok this has been "loquacius dictates a Something Awful post about bras for his wife" thanks for reading

Weird account share but okay

red sampson
Oct 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
there is always going to be a day when we ask ourselves if we made the right choice, and with regrets comes consequences.

it's life.

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

Blade Runner posted:

Fire her

Yes it's terrible that she was abused but a woman's life was pretty much ruined by her, for malicious reasons or not, and she absolutely cannot work there anymore

Yea I don't know how 'doctoring the books to make it appear a coworker committed fraud' isn't fraud itself and an immediately termination.

I'd bet the victim would have a good chance at a lawsuit against the company.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I bet this is one of those cases that makes the legal department take a minute to stare at the facts and sigh

red sampson
Oct 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Pirate Radar posted:

I bet this is one of those cases that makes the legal department take a minute to stare at the facts and sigh

LOL IT BUDGET SLASHES NEEDED

lets go and waste time elsewhere

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (23F) think I got myself trapped in a bad relationship with my (41M) S.O.

But I think it's wearing on me. Lately he hasn't been stopping if I tell him it hurts. He just tells me to take it, for him. I had unsavory sexual things done to me by an ex and a couple ex-customers and he knows about it. But it doesn't stop him now.

This made my skin crawl the most. She is already an abuse survivor. Predators almost have a 6th sense for sniffing out vulnerable people, and this disgusts me to no end. Several people I've known go got assaulted got assaulted more than once by different people because of their vulnerability and difficulty in enforcing boundaries. This guy deserves to get his face smashed in.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [37F] Life Long Friend [37F] Humiliated Me by Crashing a Work Party and Being Rude.

The 'friend' suddenly senses she holds no more power over her and turns toxic. What a nasty person.

Oh and about this sperglord with the BPD girl - my very first girlfriend had (undiagnosed) BPD. BPD people often seek out naieve and vulnerable partners, too, because they will respond best to their manipulations, suicide threats, extreme mood swings, etc. because they don't know any better. It's a long time ago and I'm not bitter over it anymore, but God drat this girl should have sought help instead of traumatizing a long series of insecure boyfriends. Having BPD is terrible I'm sure, but it doesn't excuse making other people's lives a living hell.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
Imagining having to deal with that mess and the fallout is the only time I've ever felt a tinge of sympathy for someone in an HR department

red sampson
Oct 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

MrQwerty posted:

Imagining having to deal with that mess and the fallout is the only time I've ever felt a tinge of sympathy for someone in an HR department

All major corps hr depts are immune to charms anbd other things, its kinda funny actually.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Sierra Nevadan posted:

Yea I don't know how 'doctoring the books to make it appear a coworker committed fraud' isn't fraud itself and an immediately termination.

If this was really somehow the only option, why not doctor the books to make HERSELF look like she was the one committing fraud so she could have a private audience with authorities?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Motronic posted:

If this was really somehow the only option, why not doctor the books to make HERSELF look like she was the one committing fraud so she could have a private audience with authorities?

I mean, probably her abusive husband who also works at the company would become very involved in that immediately if she was the one being investigated tbf

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

OP is omitting all the drug use by himself, the girlfriend upstairs, and her ex, because otherwise nothing any of these people are doing makes any goddamn sense.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
IMO they should continue to employ Jane, but then make sure to inform her abusive husband of her location when he gets out of jail. Just like fingering a coworker for fraud was they only way she could contact the police, getting her murdered is the only way they can manage to fire her.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

LabyaMynora posted:

OP is omitting all the drug use by himself, the girlfriend upstairs, and her ex, because otherwise nothing any of these people are doing makes any goddamn sense.

oh yeah there’s definitely a healthy dose of recreational drug use he conveniently left out

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Betrayed by a "friend", ruining my life after a year still

quote:

TL;DR: So called "friend" read my personal counseling file weekly and messed with my head. Still struggle with her and the situation months later.

So I am friends with a group of people that are good friends with my boyfriend. We have all known each other for about 4-5 years now throughout college and I have always been on the outskirts of the friend group. I never really had an issue with it because I just didn't relate to them super well but now everything changed.

I have gone to counseling for anxiety and depression for about 6 years now and I used to go to the free counseling center at college. I would go about every other week and had been since my first year of college (so 4-5 years of going to the same counselor). One of my friends wives (let's call her Lisa) was finishing her master's degree and was an intern there who would also have clients and work there. I knew about it but since I don't really discuss publicly that I go to counseling, I never talked to her about it and only saw her in passing.

So my last year of college (2017-2018 school year), I was going pretty regularly to counseling and she was working there. At the beginning of March, my counselor said we need to tell you of something and handed me a letter. The letter stated Lisa had been accessing my confidential file weekly since the beginning of her job there (September 2017). They only just found out after doing a supposedly routine check on computer privileges. They found out about her doing this in February and fired her. She got let go from her job and kicked out of school, never finishing her masters. I was so hurt and distraught and mad that she would do this to me. I literally couldn't do anything about it and couldn't have stopped it. I am a very private person and to know that she was reading about my counseling sessions, medical history, mental history, etc. made me furious. I know there are privacy laws against what she did and I am so horribly mad still months later.

At the end of March we met up for coffee and she apologized profusely to me (wrote me a letter and everything). I cried and cried but not only to create a situation or conflict I just brushed it off at the time. She told me to let her know when I had forgiven her but I never will. Now, I have graduated from college and live near her and some of my college friends. Me and my boyfriend go to hang out with them every weekend and it messes with my mind so much. I like my friends but I just cannot trust her and wonder who she has told about my personal problems.

Is it weird that I still hang out with her? I can't bear it sometimes but I feel like I don't have a choice because I don't have a lot of friends and her husband is one of my boyfriend's good friends. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on this whole situation, I could totally type pages and pages more so feel free to ask to me elaborate if needed.

When asked how the boyfriend acts:

quote:

Yeah it is very weird the more I think about it. My new counselor was shocked that I would even talk to her after everything that happened.

And yes he does, he knows everything and thinks it is messed up. At this point he is like its been a while and thinks I should be over it I guess? Or he his still holding on because it is our college friends. On top of all this he is thinking about signing a lease with Lisa, her husband and another friend. It makes me feel sick, now why would I even want to go over and hang out with him then? We will go from hanging out 5-6 times a week to like 1-2 times.

:murder: and :sever: (all their heads)

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Bf’s friends came over to my house with guns and handled them unsafely when we were all drunk.

My boyfriend had his two friends (all of us are in our early 20’s) come over today and one of them had recently bought a new gun so both of them brought theirs over to show us. We all got drunk as soon as they arrived. Now, everyone is aware I DO NOT like guns. I was fine with them being here since they weren’t loaded (at first) but these guys were constantly pulling the triggers on their unloaded guns in my house and it made me very uncomfortable. I slid into the conversation how I think gun safety and etiquette is important but I was quickly dismissed with “they aren’t loaded so it doesn’t matter”.

My boyfriend then went to the bathroom and one of his friends loaded his gun. My boyfriend then came out and they then handed my boyfriend the unloaded gun and said “What, are you afraid to pull the trigger? I haven’t seen you do it once” I immediately said not to and that he should never pull the trigger on a gun unless he was planning on shooting something. He then pulled the trigger after some more of his friends urging him to do so and then I got upset. I didn’t say much but I was clearly upset and it was awkward. I explained how I didn’t like being ignored about something like this and that it was unsafe especially since we were all drunk. He said “I’m sorry” and his friends said “look he said he’s sorry...” as if to pressure me into getting over it. This is MY HOUSE not my boyfriends.

One of the friends then proceeded to take a picture of me looking annoyed and posted it to a group Snapchat with a caption about how I’m ruining their fun. Some other people in the group called me a “snowflake” along with some other things. The two friends then left without me or my boyfriend noticing. I then had a conversation with my boyfriend and we’re essentially on the same page now. He was drunk and gave into peer pressure, but now I really do not want those two to come back into my house. These are my boyfriends closest friends but I think they were being really disrespectful by putting us all in danger. I have no idea what to do about this or if it’s fair to expect my boyfriend to stop being friends with them or if I should just forgive them or what.

TLDR; BF’s friends were pulling the trigger on their guns in my house and peer pressured my boyfriend into doing the same. They didn’t like me expecting proper gun safety and made fun of me to others for “ruining their hang”. I don’t know how to proceed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LadyPictureShow posted:

Betrayed by a "friend", ruining my life after a year still

When asked how the boyfriend acts:

:murder: and :sever: (all their heads)

In addition, she needs to look at how the statute of limitations clock works for HIPAA/whatever relevant privacy law was being violated by their system not being sufficiently secure, she may be able to file a complaint.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Bf’s friends came over to my house with guns and handled them unsafely when we were all drunk.

:sever:, and if boyfriend doesn't do the same, tell him to gently caress his guns if he likes them so much.

Also LOL @ this display of responsible gun ownership. Violating safety rules written in blood to own your friend's girlfriend.