Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The debt isn't 700B either but I can't work out where they pulled that figure from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

:dudsmile:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

lol

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

GoldStandardConure posted:

Probably because she would rather an acknowledgement of White Australians instead.

Hitler salutes required as part of the safety demonstration

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

The TPP doesn't exist anymore, for one

https://dfat.gov.au/trade/agreements/not-yet-in-force/tpp-11/news/Pages/australia-ratifies-the-tpp-11.aspx

Ba-bwow! Thanks for playing!

It's great, because America isn't officially in it, American corporations can just use their subsidiaries to sue the ratifying governments!

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

ewe2 posted:

https://dfat.gov.au/trade/agreements/not-yet-in-force/tpp-11/news/Pages/australia-ratifies-the-tpp-11.aspx

Ba-bwow! Thanks for playing!

It's great, because America isn't officially in it, American corporations can just use their subsidiaries to sue the ratifying governments!

CPTPP scrapped all of the psychotic American nonsense

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

The Peccadillo posted:

CPTPP scrapped all of the psychotic American nonsense

is ISDS still in there? AKA the thing that allows private companies to sue anyone that hurts their profit bottom line, even if it's legislation that's proven to be in the public interest?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The debt isn't 700B either but I can't work out where they pulled that figure from.

It's pretty close to the US budget deficit so it's probably just a symptom of it being multiple online rants smushed together.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/ScottMorrisonMP/status/1059241619520548864

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

gently caress off Scott Morrison

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Don Dongington posted:

is ISDS still in there? AKA the thing that allows private companies to sue anyone that hurts their profit bottom line, even if it's legislation that's proven to be in the public interest?

Much smaller in scope. And no Americans can sue the party governments

Unless they ... you know, move headquarters to a signatory country like Phillip Morris did with Hong Kong to sue Labor under our Asian trade deal when plain packaging came out

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Is it just me or is it as time passes the more brain spiders occupy Scott Morrison's brain

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Is it just me or is it as time passes the more brain spiders occupy Scott Morrison's brain

He just turns into Alf Stewart

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

G'day it's your main man ScoMo here in Townsville and I just want to thank all the mothers out there this weekend and keep making Australia strong and stuff. Peace.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
The Prime Minister of Australia is slowly turning into a You Tube personality

"HEY GUYS Welcome back it's your boy Scomo here,"

*stupid American identity politics poo poo*

"...and don't forget to hit that subscribe button!"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Pandering to Queenslanders by wearing Ripcurl, founded in Torquay.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/noeltowell/status/1059239018355875840?s=19

:bisonyes:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Proud to be here in Bali, wearing my bintang singlet and Australian Flag board shorts.

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 5, 2018

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

No one outside of fringe elements loving cares about this boring rear end African gang poo poo and no one likes cops.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

No one outside of fringe elements loving cares about this boring rear end African gang poo poo and no one likes cops.

Turns out People Who Listen to AM Talkback isn't really a good demographic to hedge one's electoral bets on.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Article makes a good point about Kennett. His whole thing was "more of the same but faster and better" but the federal libs have completely blown up that old LNP chestnut, hopefully forever.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

JBP posted:

My parents, who have long lived in soft safe middle class Mornington, are terrified of the vague idea of "crime", and "gangs", and will forever rant about how "they" are always getting away with it, andhow the justice system these days is "soft" on offenders, and that the world has become a terrible dagerous place with old ladies being constantly beaten and raped and murdered and frightened every day, and twice on Sundays etc. They also have opinions about all the new immigrants on free welfare and in housing commission flats.

Bear in mind, this is from people who have never been robbed ever, now live in a nice coastal middle class suburb after moving from Frankston, (where we were never robbed either), generally vote Labor, and are mostly progressive (Although mum has started to post "we say Merry Christmas not Happy Holidays" poo poo more and more frequently on facebook these days. Also, both of them are immigrants, (mum from England, Dad from India. They met and married in Aus.). So this attitude is not confined to the scary heathen lilywhite wilds of Queensland and NSW.

So you can not tell me that "tough on crime, and tougher on the darkies that are the ones committing said crimes" is not a sure fire vote winner/persuader among large, and broad sections of the Australian community. A lot of people do care about this poo poo. Bad stupid people like my parents to be sure, but there are a lot of them about and you do a disservice to ignore them.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
A co-worker of mine has started to take krav maga classes because of all the news reports of muggins and african gangs

he is also an immigrant from NZ who complains how hard it is for him to get australian citizenship and how easy all the other non-white immigrants have in getting citizenship.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

https://mobile.twitter.com/rharris334/status/1058953260323680256

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=335Qnh-GRcA

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Having a great time on my bus, laughing with friends. They're all just out of frame, laughing too

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
I spoke to someone last week who told me they thought VicPol were too PC to arrest Africans or whatever. I told them if they wanted any proof that they aren't afraid to arrest black people they should look at the indigenous incarceration rates. They also said that they had bought a baseball bat to protect themselves, and that if they saw 15 people walking around with metal bars, they would feel unsafe. I asked where they'd seen that, they said in the newspaper.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

that the world has become a terrible dagerous place with old ladies being constantly beaten and raped and murdered and frightened every day, and twice on Sundays etc.

As humans amass wealth within capitalism and become more pig like, nothing works better than to say something terrible, poorer and violent is coming to take their livelihood away.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

In 2019

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/HarlowGavin/status/1059282856990531586

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Jesus wept.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Whitlam posted:

They also said that they had bought a baseball bat to protect themselves, and that if they saw 15 people walking around with metal bars, they would feel unsafe.

I wanna see what's playing out in their minds when they think these things.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Top shelf

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

cursed image except the s in cursed is the scomo stussy s

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

everyone knows this is how he fukx

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

AlphaDog posted:

I wanna see what's playing out in their minds when they think these things.

Honestly even just the baseball bat pissed me off. Be an Australian, buy a goddamn cricket bat at least.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Big Willy Style posted:

everyone knows this is how he fukx

Nah, he's got his eyes open

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

By the way the FESTIVAL OF DANGEROUS IDEAS was on the weekend and the headliner was Stephen Fry with the truly dangerous idea that the far left and the far right have gone crazy!!! Where has the sensible centre gone!!!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Whitlam posted:

Honestly even just the baseball bat pissed me off. Be an Australian, buy a goddamn cricket bat at least.

First time you really got a good skull shot with a cricket bat the handle would break off, lovely things :boonie:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

BBJoey posted:

By the way the FESTIVAL OF DANGEROUS IDEAS was on the weekend and the headliner was Stephen Fry with the truly dangerous idea that the far left and the far right have gone crazy!!! Where has the sensible centre gone!!!

You can take the man out of the toffee British Education but you can't take the toffee British Education out of the man