Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

kissing with his teeth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Part 1:

https://twitter.com/FloCombat/status/1058555882794033154

Part 2:

https://twitter.com/FloCombat/status/1058557588512669696

Ohhhh b-leagues.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Rigel posted:

lol, Schaub is going to film his first comedy special for Showtime soon

https://twitter.com/BrendanSchaub/status/1050796195390447616

This is for my fans, the true believers, the ride or die real ones that have been here from the start. Thank you. (tickets start at $25 each plus taxes and fees). NO REFUNDS.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Somehow I just noticed the cauliflower ear :stare:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I've never actually heard Brendan Schaub's standup. I just assumed he was loving terrible because people in these threads kept saying so. Is he actually bad? I feel like Showtime doesn't give specials to actually bad comedians.

Oooon the other hand, I just thought of Amy Schumer, who is the most blatant and unfunny joke thief I have heard in years, and she keeps getting shows.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Also in the B Leagues this week, Tony Gravely knocked a dude out by dropping him on his head.

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkie/status/1058602098227523587?s=19

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I've never actually heard Brendan Schaub's standup. I just assumed he was loving terrible because people in these threads kept saying so. Is he actually bad? I feel like Showtime doesn't give specials to actually bad comedians.

We don't know, he's been working on his hour for the last 3 years in LA. He recently had a comedy tour, but he's got no body of work online yet.

edit: not comedy-related anyway, there's plenty of footage of him getting knocked out online

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I cannot picture Schaub getting anything more genuine than a nervous, fremdschämen-induced laugh.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/CometCoil/status/1058916398930554881

Insane 5-piece combo

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

good lord :stare:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Rigel posted:

We don't know, he's been working on his hour for the last 3 years in LA. He recently had a comedy tour, but he's got no body of work online yet.

edit: not comedy-related anyway, there's plenty of footage of him getting knocked out online

I may have been mixed up, then. I thought goons has commented on his actual standup.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

He can’t punch for poo poo.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
he had a YouTube quick profile thing where they showed a couple minutes of stuff, like him wondering why he quit fighting then showing a picture of him being knocked out.

loving gimmick BS can't just roll with his material

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Some reviews from elsewhere on the internet:

quote:

The audio of his Wilbur show in January was uploaded to YouTube (since been taken down).

I managed about ten minutes of it. Seemed to be more story telling of his journey from college back up fullback to UFC to comedy, being a b b beast of a dad and fashionista all mixed in with a few Adam Sandler catchphrases and a gadoooooosh.

quote:

I went to his show in Calgary a few weekends ago, It was so unfunny and forced cringe . Dude is not a comedian on the level he is portrayed by himself and others to be on.

quote:

Its not stand up, its story telling. Its still a comedy show, but he doesn't do stand up, he tells stories, examples like him fighting travis brown, and his ex-girlfriend watching him get knockout, getting called by dana white for fights, and some other ones. They are all exaggerated , with him stopping to tell you how he was feeling at that moment, using one of his catch phrases, making ever situation seem like its the biggest thing in his life, only to be topped by the very next event. His opener was better than him, and his set was like 25 minutes max.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hFUe4Tg0Cw

At the start of this video there is like a minute of his act where he calls himself the CM Punk of comedy and shows a slideshow

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Oooon the other hand, I just thought of Amy Schumer, who is the most blatant and unfunny joke thief I have heard in years, and she keeps getting shows.

Schaub is best with other people. See him and Theo Von, and it's loving hysterical. He has a good personality for radio, but I can't imagine his standup is THAT great.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
uhhhhh.....
https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1059283124365000709

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/bjpenndotcom/status/1059281973791735808

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

what

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

lol

i wish dunc lived to see this.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lmao

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
They're doing a live stream of the press conference and Takada dramatically announced it after demanding a standing ovation, and then Tenshin walked out and posed to triumphant music

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

RIZIN has cemented itself as the ultimate 'what' promotion and I love it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Sorry to say guys but the CTE has finally got to me and it seems you were all in my imagination all along.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

RIZIN: okay fine we have Bob Sapp on a two fight winning streak

Bellator: We have a Heavyweight Tournament with Fedor and like half the people are either over 40 or not Heavyweights.

RIZIN: okay fine we'll actually try

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
world-ended-in-2012-no-one-noticed hypothesis getting stronger and stronger every day

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
There's no weight class or rules decided on yet so it's probably gonna be some wacky mixed rules thing rather than a straight up kickboxing/MMA fight

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

???????

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So uh, where the hell is RIZIN getting the money to pay Floyd?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I love this timeline

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
What the gently caress

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

PRIDE never die.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Benne posted:

So uh, where the hell is RIZIN getting the money to pay Floyd?

Two things I think are safe to say:

1: He's in as a partner on the promotion, and is getting a significant portion of the back end

2: Yakuza

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Memento posted:

Two things I think are safe to say:

1: He's in as a partner on the promotion, and is getting a significant portion of the back end

2: Yakuza

God bless them.

Also man it’s nice to have all that FITE credit stashed away.

I wonder if they’ll charge significantly more for it.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
:wtc:

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Marching Powder posted:

lol

i wish dunc lived to see this.

He's deleted his twitter now as well, which is a shame because I wanted to ask him something the other day.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Floyd must be loving broke

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well I was planning on going home to the US but if that falls through guess I'll be at Rizin for that event since flights to Tokyo are dort cheap here.

Edit - Tix bought just as a safety thing to do if I end up not going to the US.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 5, 2018

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Dan Didio posted:

Sorry to say guys but the CTE has finally got to me and it seems you were all in my imagination all along.

Memento posted:

world-ended-in-2012-no-one-noticed hypothesis getting stronger and stronger every day

same

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

You will be able to gauge precisely how broke Floyd is by how much the rules allow Tenshin to kick him in the loving face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Yakuza spending tens of millions of dollars to find the strongest martial art is extremely my poo poo