Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Is Muffet the mayor??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Gloomy Rube posted:

Is Muffet the mayor??
No. The mayor is Noelle's unseen mom.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Scarodactyl posted:

So, as a goof the Cool and New Music Team (sort of a Homestuck thing, don't think about it too much) released midi versions of tracks on youtube. However, while the video has the correct rendition, the downloads linked in the description have some...additions.
Anyway, long story short that's why a lot of lazier remixers like this guy are going to have We Are Number One unknowingly mixed into their tracks.

lmao

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

A big flaming stink posted:

Oxxidation.

I saw it. That 1/1 better just be temporary.

if i can't play the lovely dog's game then at least let me read the idiot possum's stories.

hello yes what please explain i also wish to read another possum story

Penultimatum
Apr 2, 2010
Could anyone smarter than me at music tell me whether Lancer’s theme is a remix of Sans’ theme from Undertale? I think you’re supposed to be reminded of Bonetrousle but the phrasing seems a lot more similar to Sans’ theme in my opinion.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Amppelix posted:

No. The mayor is Noelle's unseen mom.

you don't know that noelle's mom isn't a spider

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

you don't know that noelle's mom isn't a spider

I do know I'd never describe Muffet as having "negative charisma" :colbert:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Anyone tried this on the English version.

You can catch up to the crown.

https://twitter.com/Citrus_9733/status/1058975347729813505

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

MagusDraco posted:

:laffo: Reminds me of that one Mr. Saturn that walks off screen and just sits there instead of actually leaving.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
The world is ending and the (rest of the) game will never come out.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

MagusDraco posted:

Ah, so that's what that was. I saw that during my playthrough, but it was almost off-screen by the time I got there.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Dias posted:

Again, I can't believe Napstablook is a loving cop.

Yeah, I'd figure him to be more comfortable as a CIA-equivalent agent.

Since, y'know, he's a spook.

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

MagusDraco posted:

Yeah, it's easier to do if you have the Wrist Protector, since the crown keeps moving in real time. The first time you inspect it, it says "Thar she blows..." and the second time it says this:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

MagusDraco posted:

I did this on my second playthrough. It was a pleasant surprise.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
is Kris a monster in the Dark World?

Do you get to influence how you look in the Dark World, like the kids in Digimon season 2 getting rad 90s outfits whenever they go into the digi world

does Kris wish he were a monster

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

You want to hear a fun thought

In a unused file you can read the book Ras gave you, and one of the pages is something along the lines of "Thanks Dark Fountain for allowing me to have a body."

Next day you're going to go back and all the card kingdom characters are going to be dead or just gone. All of them. They aren't supported anymore. Ras is going to play this off as shocking and you'll have to close another fountain as it's threatening the world the undertale characters live in and if you don't they'll die/vanish instead.

Final part of the game will give you the choice to delete one side and save the other. It wants you to play UNDERTALE first so even if things are off or "wrong" you have that connection to the cast that makes the final choice even harder because who do you save- a bunch of people that look like your Good Friends and family (but aren't) or the folks you meet during actual gameplay that go on the adventure and support you that way.

Just a fun thing to think about on why Ras didn't want you turning off his fountain and how it might come back in the future :)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

MagusDraco posted:

This feels like a bug that Toby thought was funny so instead of fixing it he added flavor text to it

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You want to hear a fun thought

In a unused file you can read the book Ras gave you, and one of the pages is something along the lines of "Thanks Dark Fountain for allowing me to have a body."

Next day you're going to go back and all the card kingdom characters are going to be dead or just gone. All of them. They aren't supported anymore. Ras is going to play this off as shocking and you'll have to close another fountain as it's threatening the world the undertale characters live in and if you don't they'll die/vanish instead.

Final part of the game will give you the choice to delete one side and save the other. It wants you to play UNDERTALE first so even if things are off or "wrong" you have that connection to the cast that makes the final choice even harder because who do you save- a bunch of people that look like your Good Friends and family (but aren't) or the folks you meet during actual gameplay that go on the adventure and support you that way.

Just a fun thing to think about on why Ras didn't want you turning off his fountain and how it might come back in the future :)

If we come back and Lancer is dead, I think we're going to have to stop Susie from eating Ralsei's face off.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The Bee posted:

If we come back and Lancer is dead, I think we're going to have to stop Susie from eating Ralsei's face off.

* I-I'm sorry...! I didn't know this would happen!
Could this be a part of re balancing things...? How terrible...
Maybe we could find another way...?

Just talk his way out of it or try to. He is a advocate for ACTing after all.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Raslei's entire existence is sketchy (in more ways than one, dohoho) but i get the feeling his good intentions are genuine - conflict with him isn't going to arise due to any duplicity on his part, but because his perspective and his quest is hopelessly inadequate for whatever actual threat the game will present. He's pre-Flowey Asriel blithely sashaying through a microcosm of Undertale in a larger game world that's closer to Night in the Woods, in an even larger real world that's sprinting towards LISA: The Painful

not like it matters, because

Flesnolk posted:

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 5, 2018

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Well then you'd better remember to vote

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Aw man do you have to go through the ending every time to mess about in the epilogue? Dang it. Did it tho.

There some trick to the last fight to speed it up or is it just slap him about for a while?

Might copy my file and do some grinding so I can beat the bonus boss and such

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I have been thinking about the application for the ‘three heroes and angel’ prophecy in Undertale plot. If Frisk is the angel, then who is the human, monster, and darkling that opposed her?

There are theories that Sans is the darkling. Monster could be anyone, but probably undine, and human would be... Chara in genocide ?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Penultimatum posted:

Could anyone smarter than me at music tell me whether Lancer’s theme is a remix of Sans’ theme from Undertale? I think you’re supposed to be reminded of Bonetrousle but the phrasing seems a lot more similar to Sans’ theme in my opinion.

You are right on it invoking Nyeh Heh Heh!/Bonetrousle and being phrased like Sans' theme (which makes sense for Lancer filling the spots of both if you view the Dark World as a miniature retelling of Undertale), but the actual notes are a remix of Susie's theme.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I feel like I am just vaguely assuming that this game is a retelling of mother 3 and the dark spires work exactly like the needles do.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Flesnolk posted:

Dolash posted:

Be sure to Deltarune Go to the polls this Tuesday, folks.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

nine-gear crow posted:

[an increasingly comical montage of children dying in the immediate presence of Asgore]

This is the most hilarious and therefore best option.

"Look, Toriel, in my defense: I didn't realize flammable and inflammable meant the same thing. It's extremely counterintuitive."

Broken Cog posted:

Undyne being bored out of her skull because of not having someone to beat up 24/7 and causing traffic accident out of frustration got a chuckle out of me.

Is Napstablook, Mettaton or the Dummy anywhere to find? Couldn't see them on my victory lap through the town.

Nappstablook is a cop now, and Mettaton is inside Blooky's house being depressed, because Alphys isn't a scientist in this reality and thus he has no body. Talk to the house twice to hear what he has to say.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Flesnolk posted:

nah

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
how many more ways can we misspell Ralsei's name

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Your Computer posted:

Toralgorie.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Your Computer posted:

6! = 720

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Relpy

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Ralph

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

they'll call him Trevor in the US

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Larsei

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Your Computer posted:

I honestly have no idea what his name is supposed to be and just mentally always called him "raz-e-el" which isn't even remotely correct and will mean I never correctly spell his actual name ever again.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Liar, see!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Your Computer posted:

Asriel

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012