Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

love too share my account with my seven sexy&successful brothers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

System Metternich posted:

That's awesome.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Saying you work at Blizzard these days is probably not a good thing considering how badly WoW is performing these days.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Shame Boy posted:

Saying you work at Blizzard these days is probably not a good thing considering how badly WoW is performing these days.

Who gives a poo poo about what's happening in WoW, they're basically printing money with the loot boxes in Overwatch.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
They're also currently ramping up staff and actively recruiting from other companies for a new "unannounced" project. I don't normally pay attention to Blizzard, but I know a couple people* who have been paid ridiculous amounts of money in the last few months to move to Irvine.

*not my uncle, he works at nintendo

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

hyperhazard posted:

They're also currently ramping up staff and actively recruiting from other companies for a new "unannounced" project. I don't normally pay attention to Blizzard, but I know a couple people* who have been paid ridiculous amounts of money in the last few months to move to Irvine.

*not my uncle, he works at nintendo

Probably won't be out for two-five years, We might get a preview within 6 months of it's release.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

CordlessPen posted:

Also, and I know this is a minor point, but I find it hard to believe that someone who signs letters in a somewhat official capacity would do it by hand with a blue ballpoint pen.

Lol wat

Lightning Sloth
Jun 19, 2004

I'm just so random and kooky you guyz!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
That sure is how tripping people act.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

No one fucks with crazy people in real life.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Skwirl posted:

No one fucks with crazy people in real life.
I was shopping for pizza and some cracked out weirdo was meowing in the cereal aisle. Am I a bad person?!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
My LSD experience is that if we were tripping and decided to hit up the frozen section of a grocery store (unlikely), the reaction to some weirdo meowing at us would be "poo poo, do they know? I think they know man, let's just go. Let's go."

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

System Metternich posted:

I wonder if any of them can spell the name of the things they get paid to create. There's no Y in "algorithm."

Lightning Sloth
Jun 19, 2004

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Uuuuugh.
I hate the fact that so many of these things aren't just STDH, they're aggressively unfunny as well.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
That looks like the type of thing a like 60 year old, about to retire person would put up on a bulletin board somewhere at work because they think it's funny and lol PC safety culture at work is ruining the industry.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Everywhere I've worked, anybody who had to send signed letters had a signature stamp and/or a .png of their signature to just plop at the end of their letters, and used an actual pen to sign more "personalized" stuff.

I've never sent or received anything "official" signed with a 17¢ Bic ballpoint.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

That looks like the type of thing a like 60 year old, about to retire person would put up on a bulletin board somewhere at work because they think it's funny and lol PC safety culture at work is ruining the industry.

I remember seeing almost the exact same thing back in the early 90s and it wouldn't surprise me if it has been around way longer than that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

SkunkDuster posted:

I remember seeing almost the exact same thing back in the early 90s and it wouldn't surprise me if it has been around way longer than that.

one of the examples is "gently caress me backwards with a telegraph pole." So it apparently predates the invention of the telephone.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

SkunkDuster posted:

Yeah, this reads like one of those early FWD: You'll NEVER GUESS What Happened at This Office! emails. Slightly funnier than the ones ranting about how offices are banning green and red clothes around Christmas, less funny than the jokes copy-pasted from Reader's Digests.

Lightning Sloth
Jun 19, 2004

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

It's the Boomers' choice of fonts that are the most disturbing aspect of these in all honesty

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

That second one is "partially true" according to Snopes https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cuff-linked/ didn't happen in Oregon though.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

fish and chips and dip posted:

That second one is "partially true" according to Snopes

The true part being the person got mailed a ticket for speeding

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

SkunkDuster posted:

It reminded me of this

Somebody was mad that they kept getting written up for being an rear end in a top hat to all the other employees so he put these up around the workplace and kept telling everyone to stop being so sensitive all the time.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

DariusLikewise posted:

It reminded me of this

Somebody was mad that they kept getting written up for being an rear end in a top hat to all the other employees so he put these up around the workplace and kept telling everyone to stop being so sensitive all the time.

I'd fill the gently caress out of that form, though.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Aleph Null posted:

I'd fill the gently caress out of that form, though.

Sir, I would like a blankey at this time, sir.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
That is an extremely accurate military form

The only unrealistic part is that it’s a single page.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
That list of appropriate phrases just made me think of Heathers with the main Heather's phrase "Well, gently caress me gently with a chainsaw". Difference between the two fictions is Heathers is actually really interesting and good.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

That list of appropriate phrases just made me think of Heathers with the main Heather's phrase "Well, gently caress me gently with a chainsaw". Difference between the two fictions is Heathers is actually really interesting and good.

"Fry me for an oyster" was always my favourite (probably not in Heathers.) But also "gently caress my rear end!"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

No joke, you guys

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Danaru posted:

No joke, you guys

They're right. It's not a joke. Jokes are supposed to be funny.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Love yourself for you you are? That's not even a proper sentence what a loving goddamn idiot

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Love yourself for you you are? That's not even a proper sentence what a loving goddamn idiot

Kid's only six, give them a break.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
more like oldmerciless

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
As someone who is genuinely interested in etymology, this article is a pile of folksy bullshit that made me mad.

https://www.littlethings.com/customs-from-a-simpler-time-vas/3?fbclid=IwAR3qNTC5zAxLz4vmdWMHvbispSKCH7WnQaSKlZlwyhaWHiM8w9L8CZpYsOY

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dr. Clockwork posted:

As someone who is genuinely interested in etymology, this article is a pile of folksy bullshit that made me mad.

https://www.littlethings.com/customs-from-a-simpler-time-vas/3?fbclid=IwAR3qNTC5zAxLz4vmdWMHvbispSKCH7WnQaSKlZlwyhaWHiM8w9L8CZpYsOY

It's like if Cliff from Cheers had a blog.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Snopes has already debunked a lot of these false etymologies.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Dirt-poor medieval pheasants totally slept in canopy beds, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

SerialKilldeer posted:

Dirt-poor medieval pheasants totally slept in canopy beds, right?

That typo :allears: