Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

STR posted:

The worst part is she's started reading the forums, so it's only a matter of time until she sees.... this.

Be honest: you introduced her to these forums because subconsciosly, you hope she'll read this thread and understand your unhappiness and start the break-up herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Like i'd ever introduce a SO to you guys. :v:

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

STR posted:

You know.... chocolate cream pie was my favorite pie. Until you came along, doc. :smithicide:
I'm glad to have been of service.

In other news, a 9000 square foot house blew up about three miles from here in a gas explosion. Me and all of my neighbors were outside trying to figure out what the gently caress happened. Based on this old listing I'm gonna go with "insurance fraud."

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

"The explosion could be heard as far away as New Jersey."

Aren't explosions and gunfire something you hear every minute or two in NJ? :v:

Don't chalk it up to fraud too quickly though (though this stuff happened in a pretty poor neighborhood.... multiple times... wound up with the entire neighborhood being put up in hotels for a few weeks, since both power and gas got shut off until a ton of gas mains got replaced over a ~3 week period). This is going on near me as well, though that's one of the wealthiest parts of Austin, and no deaths, so meh, hasn't made headlines.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Nov 5, 2018

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I just wanna sleep. :suicide:

GF is at work. Her cats are going loving apeshit. If I bring them out of the bedroom, they start destroying poo poo if I don't keep an eye on them (and keep a spray bottle handy). If I keep them in the bedroom, they literally jump on the door constantly and yowl for a few hours after she goes to work. Doesn't matter if I'm in the bedroom or not, one of them has severe separation anxiety. You'd expect this from kittens, but they're both 5. Both are very ill behaved in general. :sigh:

I may wind up sleeping in the bedroom closet. Upside is it's a walk-in, and has power in there, so I can plug in a phone (for white noise) + a nightlight. The 2 times I've had bad migraines since moving, I hibernate in the closet (without a nightlight or phone).

For fucks sake cats, I just want some sleep. It's my one day off for 2 weeks. I've been getting 3-4 hours of sleep a night for a couple of weeks.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Nov 5, 2018

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Keep them out of your room and let them destroy poo poo who cares, getting sleep is more important.

rear end in a top hat cats are the worst, it's why i haven't had a cat in years.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

"My room" is the office, which is where my PC is. One of them loves the taste of copper (and AC power, apparently).

Also, my home theater receiver is in the living room, along with a nice 4k TV. The one that loves wires is bad enough that everything gets split-loom tubing. Fucker has already destroyed 2 sets of cables to my nice headphones (when new, ~$300ish Sennheisers; thankfully purchased used on SA-Mart for $50, but replacement cables are a pain to get), several phone charging cables, and one optical cable from the TV to the receiver (plus a couple of HDMI cables). That's just since I moved here. And leaving them out is an rear end kicking waiting to happen.

I generally love both dogs and cats. These cats need some steel-toed drop kicks though. The one that doesn't love wires has a love/hate with me; when he's in a good mood, he decides to become a neck scarf (sometimes with no warning, awesome when I'm wearing a rare band t-shirt :sigh:). The female cable chewer is generally really sweet, while the male is generally a dick toward me (loves everyone else, has slowly started liking me). Brother/sister.

I miss my cat. He's living with GF's boss at the moment. The sort-of-upside is I have a key to her place (since I'm still paying for all of his food, litter, etc, and scooping his box regularly), so when ti's time to cut loose, I can get him back easily.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I feel like cats chewing electrical cables is a problem that eventually solves itself.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
gently caress em. Lock their asses in a bathroom and sleep.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

STR posted:

I miss my cat. He's living with GF's boss at the moment. The sort-of-upside is I have a key to her place (since I'm still paying for all of his food, litter, etc, and scooping his box regularly), so when ti's time to cut loose, I can get him back easily.

I don't get it, if your GF can have her cats in your place, why can't you?

You're playing with fire, STR...I'd get out ASAP if I were you.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

The Midniter posted:

I don't get it, if your GF can have her cats in your place, why can't you?

IIRC GFcats would try to murder STRcat.

I agree with QuarkMartial, just chuck em in a bathroom and be done with it. You > dumb cats.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Have you talked about any of this like a rational adult?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

shy boy from chess club posted:

Yea mine did the same thing, wake, poop then play. They just do it a lot, haha.

Ive always wanted a pet skunk and found out how to get one from a yahoo chat group. I got my first one the same year I found out that my mom had cancer so they made a huge impact on my life when things were pretty bad. My very favorite one came with me when I moved to Florida so I had her through bad and good times. Then I met one of my girlfriends on the same yahoo group and she ended up moving in with me in Florida. After a while we had 8 skunks, 3 coatimundis, a ferret and a raccoon. We were both animal lovers and we couldnt turn down rescues. Then things didnt work out and she left so I had my 4 skunks to help me get over that too. My last guy Riley who came with me when I moved back to CT passed away in 2013 and I missed him and having skunks a lot. After I got my business built up to where I was stable I wanted a skunk again so bad. I found Scout as a rescue in New Jersey right before new years. Went to get her on New Years eve eve driving through a snow storm and the traffic going into NYC for New Years. It was torture doing that trip but my neighbor came with me to keep me comany and she kept me from going crazy in that traffic. A 2.5 hour drive that ended up taking 10 total. So worth it though, Scout rules. Shes one of the best ones that Ive had. Her original owner named her Fifi and she used to dress her up in outfits and stuff, I think thats why shes so laid back having to put up with that. No way her name was staying Fifi. I named her Scout in honor of Harper Lee dying last year since I love To Kill a Mockingbird.

I want a pet skunk :aaa:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

nm posted:

I've gathered that has not gone well. You may recall previous posts regarding conversations re: jobs and sleep times are rather... non-compromising from the distaff side.

edit: I'd like to note that I hate that this is happening. STR seemed happy, and it looked like he was heading for a good thing at the beginning. Guess you really don't know someone until you live with them for a while.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 5, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Darchangel posted:

I've gathered that has not gone well. You may recall previous posts regarding conversations re: jobs and sleep times are rather... non-compromising from the distaff side.

edit: I'd like to note that I hate that this is happening. STR seemed happy, and it looked like he was heading for a good thing at the beginning. Guess you really don't know someone until you live with them for a while.

This is true. My wife and I went through a very turbulent time when we first moved in together (the house was cursed) and it nearly ended us. But we were stronger than that and have stood the test.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Not getting enough sleep will drive you more insane than you already are. Locking the cats in the bathroom with a litter box while you sleep sounds like a good idea. If they can't behave then oh well, small price to pay for your sanity.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I want a pet skunk :aaa:

What state do you live in? I can help you out if you want. I got skunk connections all over, lol. Hardest part is finding a good vet that has experience with them. You probably won't be able to get a baby this year since the season is pretty much over. I'd recommend a rescue first anyway as babies are a lot of work for the first year or so. PM me if you are serious, I can help with any questions you might have.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Lmao "Yeah I know a skunk guy"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

Lmao "Yeah I know a skunk guy"

As if you aren't furiously PMing him for details.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
"I know this lady, you can scam her out of monkey money"

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
If you get one, you have to call it Lockheed.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

InitialDave posted:

There really is no other option.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

InitialDave posted:

That Works.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I always assumed that skunks were just like a fluffy badger

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

I always assumed that skunks were just like a fluffy badger
Badgers will gently caress your poo poo up tho.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

InitialDave posted:

Badgers will gently caress your poo poo up tho.
and in my pre-the-last-page-of-this-thread ideas, a skunk would gently caress you up and then piss on you just to rub it in.
I am now re-evaluating them as fluffy-cat-ferret hybrids.

The badgers round here seem too inept to gently caress much poo poo up other than themselves.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcmbT34H-bQ

That feeling when Regular Car Reviews guy reviews a vehicle you literally design and build every day

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

CornHolio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcmbT34H-bQ

That feeling when Regular Car Reviews guy reviews a vehicle you literally design and build every day

I thought you made fire engines?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Sounds like you need to be designing some cross bracing. :D

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yo you need a skunk? I got ya, whatcha lookin' for, chocolate? albino? apricot? Maybe a nice classic black and white? I got scribbles and chips too, but those cost extra. I'm fresh out of lavender but I might know a guy, I got ya

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I ain't got no badgers man, I don' mess wit dat poo poo, no way

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Was going to put the fresh snows on my car but,

the god damned tire place put them all on facing the same direction.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Hypnolobster posted:

I've tried marking my directional arrows with paint pen before bringing them in. It doesn't work so now I just go to an indie tire guy that isn't incapable.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

shy boy from chess club posted:

Yo you need a skunk? I got ya, whatcha lookin' for, chocolate? albino? apricot? Maybe a nice classic black and white? I got scribbles and chips too, but those cost extra. I'm fresh out of lavender but I might know a guy, I got ya

Please name Dec. chat thread after shady intrastate skunk dealers instead of pies. Thank you.

But, also, this:

nm posted:

last time there were issues and folks suggested that and then just radio silence (or I missed it because it's difficult to keep up with these threads).

Hypnolobster posted:

This seems like exactly the kind of thing I do whenever I'm doing something for the first time. And then (after the second or third time anyway) never again.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

builds character posted:

This seems like exactly the kind of thing I do whenever I'm doing something for the first time. And then (after the second or third time anyway) never again.

I mean going into a tire shop in November is the surest way to get someone who's never done this before.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

builds character posted:

Please name Dec. chat thread after shady intrastate skunk dealers instead of pies. Thank you.

But, also, this:

last time there were issues and folks suggested that and then just radio silence (or I missed it because it's difficult to keep up with these threads).

It's like forgetting to put the heat shrink on before you solder or putting on the tube nut before flaring a brake line. Do it once or twice and that's all you need.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Anyone interested in a Automotive Photography thread, ie discussion on how tos / cameras etc?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
December chat thread: I know a skunk guy

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Anyone interested in a Automotive Photography thread, ie discussion on how tos / cameras etc?

New and more content = better all the time forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yes. Might even get me to practice using my ‘babby’s first’ DSLR by taking pictures of my muddy and rusty suv’s.

I’ve been sadly just using my camera on fully automatic mode like a point and shoot and wouldn’t mind seeing some tips and tricks for automotive photography. I’d really like to take pictures at some of the automotive events we get around here, like getting into the Lingenfelter collection when they open to the public once a year.

• Locked thread