Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

incredible flesh posted:

over the past few months it has become clear to me that the population of this thread is actually the enemy, and you will all just sit there quite contentedly as the narrative moves from smearing muslims to africans to indians and chinese all the way to the jews and then you'll just bicker peacefully among yourselves about pointless minutiae and semantics as we're all driven off to the camps

There is one post saying that another secondary source outlined the episode as not being a hit job. Keep posting angrily online in a forgotten corner of the internet about camps though lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

incredible flesh posted:

there are some very rotten people still high up at the abc and they cannot be trusted.

this is true

incredible flesh posted:

over the past few months it has become clear to me that the population of this thread is actually the enemy, and you will all just sit there quite contentedly as the narrative moves from smearing muslims to africans to indians and chinese all the way to the jews and then you'll just bicker peacefully among yourselves about pointless minutiae and semantics as we're all driven off to the camps

this is not

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
I only saw the last 15 minutes but from what I saw it came across as much more ACAB than AAAB.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

JBP posted:

I didn't watch it but I thought the whole thing was about over reporting and media bias against Africans

I started about halfway in, and it was very much this

Lots of people, including the police and a judge, we're commenting on how it is far over reported and blown way out of proportion

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

incredible flesh posted:

jfc

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
fools

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
having a victim complex and hating everyone won’t help anyone

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Go to Parliament house with a machete if you believe it's this bad.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lots of big words about enemies and Nazism itt but never hear any good stories of the time you murdered an industrialist in cold blood or kicked scomo in the face. Where is astro labe when you need him?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I'm pretty sure this gang violence poo poo is another United States import because the Liberals are on a shrinking policy platform and are basically paralysed.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Anidav posted:

I'm pretty sure this gang violence poo poo is another United States import because the Liberals are on a shrinking policy platform and are basically paralysed.

They're dead out of ideas it owns.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

It's their key campaign issue in Victoria and they only lead the ALP on it by 1%!!!

JBP posted:

They're dead out of ideas it owns.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Alot of people say that the Murdoch Press is the main pusher of this African gang stuff but I have seen some stunning stuff from 7 News media that puts the Herald Sun to shame.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the whole African gang thing sounds like it’s just a bunch of assumptions based on numbers (crime rates/population) instead of actual real evidence that sudanese boys are committing crimes

it’s like racially assumed criminal activity

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The libs have done a massive self own in Footscray, they have an African candidate. I thought you said they were evil!?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

incredible flesh posted:

:eyepop:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

JBP posted:

The libs have done a massive self own in Footscray, they have an African candidate. I thought you said they were evil!?

'one of the good ones' is an easy defence.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hambeet posted:

'one of the good ones' is an easy defence.

Surprise he's clearly the worst one.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Anidav posted:

It isn't. State elections have been run on law and order for decades, partly because law enforcement is a state issue.

Have a look at JBP's campaigns.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

I don’t know that a bus can get past 60 in reverse tho

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It isn't. State elections have been run on law and order for decades, partly because law enforcement is a state issue.

Have a look at JBP's campaigns.

I think he means more the traditional US gang violence angle but bikie gang violence was the big one in the 90s and after that when it was discovered that there was a bikie gang with middle eastern people in it they used that too.

I still think the next time a major outlaw MC goes on a ride it should be strafed by machine gunners but that's just because I loving hate them.

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
idiots

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Say something meaningful.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Hey man don't be like that

I enjoyed reading your rant.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

There is a definite issue with centrists and those looking for decorum being the genuine enemy as they will both sides us all into the camps as they're white and well off enough to not worry about it.

It's not an accusation I'd throw at this lefty echo chamber that regularly calls for the guillotine

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

incredible flesh posted:

What do you want us to do?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MysticalMachineGun posted:

It's not an accusation I'd throw at this lefty echo chamber that regularly calls for the guillotine

stop calling and start chopping. be the change you want to see in the world

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

JBP posted:

I think he means more the traditional US gang violence angle but bikie gang violence was the big one in the 90s and after that when it was discovered that there was a bikie gang with middle eastern people in it they used that too.

Vietnamese gangs were a hot button issue in Sydney in the 80s and 90s too.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

JBP posted:

Surprise he's clearly the worst one.

His FB is full of racist comments and poo poo. He doesn't deserve it, but even he's posted about Victoria's crime problem (carefully omitting who he thinks is responsible), so surely he can't be surprised that the racist fucks hate him plus members of his own community hate him.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

How can you slow down something that has obviously stalled?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

You Am I posted:

How can you slow down something that has obviously stalled?

The bus has so much momentum that it appears frozen but it is actually travelling around Queensland very fast.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
The first interview on that 4 Corners episode was incredibly strategically selected. Reassuring racists that as long as they have a victim narrative for themselves their racism is excusable.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Man, screw planes. I'd love to take long trips in a bus with various devices and a stocked fridge

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

You Am I posted:

Matty probably doesn't want a repeat of this:

I had completely forgotten Ted balleiaueu even existed until I saw this photo

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
The Guardian live updates of the Cup are showing people looking miserable in the rain.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

snoremac posted:

The Guardian live updates of the Cup are showing people looking miserable in the rain.

When hasn't it rained on the cup tho?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/redrabbleroz/status/1059574846248501248

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 6, 2018

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Vietnamese gangs were a hot button issue in Sydney in the 80s and 90s too.

Wasn't it Lebanese gangs after that? I remember hearing a lot about that back when my family used to watch 10 News (First at 5!).

Also practically every person from Sydney I've ever met will claim not to be racist but go on a massively racist tirade about the Lebanese if mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

incredible flesh posted:

who are you again?