Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

i forgot, how exactly is putting all the soy boys out of business going to be a worthwhile sacrifice that will make america great again?

The assumption among farmers around here is that Trump will negotiate a better overall deal and that this is all just part of the process. After a year or two, they think they'll be back to selling their crops, possibly but not necessarily soybeans, at an even higher price.

Things are going to get real interesting when it becomes clear that Trump can't get a better deal and that they blew up a maket they spent decade cultivating because Trump sold them a lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Azathoth posted:

The assumption among farmers around here is that Trump will negotiate a better overall deal and that this is all just part of the process. After a year or two, they think they'll be back to selling their crops, possibly but not necessarily soybeans, at an even higher price.

Things are going to get real interesting when it becomes clear that Trump can't get a better deal and that they blew up a maket they spent decade cultivating because Trump sold them a lie.

lol someone spent a lot of time on that title text of yours :wow:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Astrochicken posted:

There should be a war bond type advertising push by this administration to buy and consume more soy.

PRESIDENT TRUMP wants YOU to buy and consume this excess livestock feed

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Good soup! posted:

lol someone spent a lot of time on that title text of yours :wow:

People in the scootyfrooty thread get real mad when you ask them to not post untagged videos of people literally killing themselves.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:stare: lol god drat

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
imagine being such a rube that you think a guy saying the word deal a lot means he is an expert negotiator

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Azathoth posted:

when are you gonna put a Miss Me Yet? with obama bumper sticker on your car

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

FMguru posted:

I'm p sure he said (on camera) that the farmers that go out of business because of this tariff war are no big loss because they were going to go broke anyway (because of all these unfair trade deals)

Actually, he specified that they would go out of business anyway because they suck and they're just trying to blame something that doesn't really exist (tariffs causing harm to the domestic market) for their bad business sense and lack of competence.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

imagine being such a rube that you think a guy saying the word deal a lot means he is an expert negotiator

uhhh he also had a hit tv show about how he's a great businessman??

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

He also wrote deal a lot in a book

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Taco Duck posted:

What kind of fun things could you do with a mountain of rotting soy beans?

Have a contest where everyone in the state sees how many they can fit up their rear end

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

when are you gonna put a Miss Me Yet? with obama bumper sticker on your car

i would put a homemade You Could Have Stopped This bumper sticker with Bernie on but MN went for Bernie 60-40.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

that soybean pile i sgonna become the world's largest natto

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

drat just imagine that smell

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Just make Mt. Soy a landmark already.
Might save the tourism industry, who knows

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

bird with big dick posted:

Have a contest where everyone in the state sees how many they can fit up their rear end

Epic High Five posted:

drat just imagine that smell

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Avirosb posted:

Ya like the Ark Museum in one of the retarded states.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Avirosb posted:

North Dakota is very starkly pretty and well worth visiting/driving across even without the giant hill of soybeans

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
there's gotta be someone in the trump admin willing to force the military to buy all that soy to build a gay bomb to drop on iran. if flynn was still around he'd have talked pence into it months ago. put those farmers in touch with gorka and sheriff clarke, they'll make it happen

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

there's gotta be someone in the trump admin willing to force the military to buy all that soy to build a gay bomb to drop on iran. if flynn was still around he'd have talked pence into it months ago. put those farmers in touch with gorka and sheriff clarke, they'll make it happen

Just lol at the thought of Prumt promoting this as the first lactose free (Milk Bad) bomb.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

TotalLossBrain posted:

Ya like the Ark Museum in one of the retarded states.

it rules how much that city is being hosed over by the enormous tax giveaways they handed to the ark people

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it rules how much that city is being hosed over by the enormous tax giveaways they handed to the ark people

I think they are largely blaming atheists and bad publicity. lol Ken Hamm

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Lol and they illegally discriminate in hiring practices

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Taco Duck posted:

What kind of fun things could you do with a mountain of rotting soy beans?
process it into sugar, starchprotein, and lecithin then sell it

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
vegan protein powder?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Wait 'til Wisconsin sees the bill they're going to be paying for the next 25 years in exchange for those largely-illusory Foxconn jobs.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

i'm hoping for a bipartisan proposal to jam all the unused soybeans under sheriff clarks hat to prop it up before it sinks all the way down and suffocates him.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Actually, he specified that they would go out of business anyway because they suck and they're just trying to blame something that doesn't really exist (tariffs causing harm to the domestic market) for their bad business sense and lack of competence.
Here's the quote I was looking for:

quote:

Brady Mallory: "So, for family farmers here who are worried about losing their generations-long farms -- at the end of the season --, (and) early retirement, any words of comfort for them now?"

President Donald Trump: "Well, they would've lost them anyway because they were being hurt so badly by the trade barriers. We will tell you they are going to be in a very good position soon."

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

if we could put TARP on the books, we could put SOY on the books. buy all the SOY until SOY farmers can change to a different crop that's similar to SOY. then slowly sell off the SOY. SOY doesnt spoil right?

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

FMguru posted:

Wait 'til Wisconsin sees the bill they're going to be paying for the next 25 years in exchange for those largely-illusory Foxconn jobs.

25? That's pretty optimistic, considering Foxconn recently said that more of the plant is going to be automated than they originally said.

It's more like 40 or 50, not including any ecological disasters they'll leave behind.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

if we could put TARP on the books, we could put SOY on the books. buy all the SOY until SOY farmers can change to a different crop that's similar to SOY. then slowly sell off the SOY. SOY doesnt spoil right?

This is literally going to happen. The catch is, it'll be after every family farmer has sold off the harvest at a loss, Trump's gonna come in and bail out all the Big Ag corps that bought the soybeans for pennies on the dollar by buying them for way above market. If they're lucky, family farmers might see a small fraction of that bailout money trickle back to them (most likely as loans).

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

FMguru posted:

Here's the quote I was looking for:
chud farmerishly: wow, he's so honest, gonna vote for him as soon as I can afford enough gas to get to the polling station

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

a giant pile of rotting soybeans is the perfect metaphor for Trump's America

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
‪In 2017 the value of soybeans grown was $41 billion, second only to corn at $48.5 billion http://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2018/07/08/trumps-and-chinas-tariffs-could-do-permanent-damage-to-soybean-farmers/‬

But remeber that one time Saudi deal for airplanes!

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
america's strategic soybean reserves had been dangerously low from 8 years of kenyan muslim mismanagement under obama. not anymore! MAGA

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Post Trump offspring realizing that they're going to go to prison under Trump here

https://twitter.com/JacobHeilbrunn/status/1059616254380724224

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FMguru posted:

Post Trump offspring realizing that they're going to go to prison under Trump here

This is the sort of thing that makes me want to start praying again.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This is the sort of thing that makes me want to start praying again.

pray to the basta throne then, because this is something he has been boasting will happen for weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

FMguru posted:

behold, the first person to worry about Donny Jr.