Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Going through the Switch version as Monk. Maybe my brain is broken, but I kind of like going through Story Mode for leveling even though I went through it before and don't really have a particular love for it (Behold, Leah! The dumbest person on Sanctuary!). I think I like it because it feels like it eases me into a new class I never played before, while I feel like level ups in Adventure Mode come way too fast and too often to have a grip with a class.

Also, the Monk has an "Omae wa mou shinderu" button and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I've been playing casually on PC ever two or three seasons for a while now and just picked up the siwtch version. Running a Necromancer since I never bought that expansion. Corpse explosion is extremely fun.

Anyway, I'm usually a solo player, but some friends are gonna get this. What's the deal with powerleveling people? I already know I'm going to have a tough time explaining to them the "right way" to play because I know they'll try and go for the story mode, but I want to make it painless for them to get a hang of the real flow of the game because it's a little unintuitive imo.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Easiest way is if the power leveler opens a rift and the lower level players join them in it. Lower level players sit at the entrance and just soak up the xp.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Woot! Cleared the Act 2 quests, got enough materials to Kanai's Cube Reilena's Shadowhook, and got my first gift containing the helmet and gloves for the Rathma set! :toot: Helmet has a socket so I Diamoned up that thing! (Also probably gonna reroll for increased Skeletal Mage damage when I get the chance.)

I've also done enough stuff that the Act 3 objectives are close to getting done as well, so I'll be doing them once I get some food.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Console version of this game is definitely the most fun I’ve had with it. I’m in love with dpad up for cycling through recently picked up items, and being able to sort them as junk then and there. Takes me seconds to sort junk and get back into exploding corpses.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

is there any way to buy the switch edition with blizz bux?

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

onesixtwo posted:

Console version of this game is definitely the most fun I’ve had with it. I’m in love with dpad up for cycling through recently picked up items, and being able to sort them as junk then and there. Takes me seconds to sort junk and get back into exploding corpses.

I think the only set back I've found so far is that I wish the inventory windows were just a little bit bigger so it's easier to compare items and the scrolling is a little weird. Overall, though, using a joystick to move feels so good!

Does anyone know if there's clan support for the console versions? I can't seem to find it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they cut it.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Hellburger99 posted:

I think the only set back I've found so far is that I wish the inventory windows were just a little bit bigger so it's easier to compare items and the scrolling is a little weird. Overall, though, using a joystick to move feels so good!

Does anyone know if there's clan support for the console versions? I can't seem to find it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they cut it.

Don’t think they exist. Back in peak ps4 we had a metatag that kinda worked like a clan but I don’t think switch even supports that with their lovely social features

I’d be down for adding everyone in the thread and just dragging people to T13 but I’m not even sure how friends work in this thing. I think my tag is BadCitizen? Or do I need one of those stupid friend codes like on DS

SardonicCheese
Jun 11, 2003

Good Citizen posted:

Don’t think they exist. Back in peak ps4 we had a metatag that kinda worked like a clan but I don’t think switch even supports that with their lovely social features

I’d be down for adding everyone in the thread and just dragging people to T13 but I’m not even sure how friends work in this thing. I think my tag is BadCitizen? Or do I need one of those stupid friend codes like on DS

You need friend codes.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Ok. Well we should start a list if friend codes. Not sure if the guy who was updating the list in the second post is still around so maybe a new thread?

Either way my code is SW-7357-3134-4615

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I'm SW-3851-0172-0437, name is slorojo

ROJO fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 7, 2018

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Okay I've never played D3 before and picked it up on Switch.

I've made a seasonal character and am planning on playing through the campaign as a Demon Hunter.

Is there anything I should know going in?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Azurelana posted:

Okay I've never played D3 before and picked it up on Switch.

I've made a seasonal character and am planning on playing through the campaign as a Demon Hunter.

Is there anything I should know going in?

First off you should enjoy your first time going through the campaign because it's the only time you'll ever pay attention to most of the plot, as silly as some of it gets. The real Diablo III starts once you've finished the campaign and start your never ending progress through Adventure mode. Once you're done with story you start to focus on getting to level 70 and from there clearing bounties and running rifts

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

I came here tonight with my...self. Oh God.
How do you get the free set from season 15? Pretty sure I completed the 2nd season challenges, but didn't get anything?

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

You have to claim it manually then open the gift.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Is the switch version of this game basically the same as the PC version except with a dodge button? Is there any features the PC has that this doesn't, or vice versa?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
The inventory management is imo better on console also and it's hard to describe how much better playing with a controller feels

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Is the switch version of this game basically the same as the PC version except with a dodge button? Is there any features the PC has that this doesn't, or vice versa?

Pretty sure there's complete feature parity across all versions (except PS3 and 360). Apparently there's a Switch amiibo thingy coming soon which the other versions obviously don't have.

Other than that I think the only difference is that the Switch version can chug down to 40fps or so occasionally when there's a ton of poo poo onscreen.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 8, 2018

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

The inventory management is imo better on console also and it's hard to describe how much better playing with a controller feels

This.

But PC purists will always claim it's the best without actually "getting" it. This genre was seriously made for controller play.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Fuzz posted:

This.

But PC purists will always claim it's the best without actually "getting" it. This genre was seriously made for controller play.

Ehhh, the genre was but this game wasn’t and it shows sometimes. Case in point, the TR Meteor Wizard speedfarming build with teleport and energy twister. The build is at it’s best when you drop a twister to suck poo poo in and drop a meteor on top of it, but the autotarget doesn’t reliably drop both in the same spot which is not my favorite thing.

I’d love to think they’d do something with that at some point but if they never did for ps4 then rip, probably.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i played the console version enough to get the platinum and then some and still prefer m+kb for diablo style games.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Started playing on the Switch after years on the PC. In one game the room shifted hosts 3 times, deleting all Rift and Bounty progress.

Is this common?

Once I grab my friend code I'll toss it on here. Playing a Necro for the first time.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

m.hache posted:

Started playing on the Switch after years on the PC. In one game the room shifted hosts 3 times, deleting all Rift and Bounty progress.

Is this common?

Can't say I ever had that happen on PS4.

I was soloing on my seasonal DH but I guess I left the room open. Some Paragon 850+ monk joined and dragged me through GR 80-83 about ten minutes after I hit 70, so I shot up to Paragon 325 before even completing part 3 of the seasonal challenges. It was hilarious to have the level up particles constantly blasting all over me while the level up message became further and further behind.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

m.hache posted:

Is this common?

Once I grab my friend code I'll toss it on here. Playing a Necro for the first time.

Yeah I've never had that on PS4 either. Wouldn't surprise me if this becomes a common issue on Switch, though, since people might be trying to play it on public Wi-Fi or on the train or something and their internet sucks/cuts out.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Gambled on Kadala and was rewarded for my risk with the Jesseth set and got 2/3s of the Rathma set. My skeleton minions + Mages are now death personified!

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Bardeh posted:

Pretty sure there's complete feature parity across all versions (except PS3 and 360). Apparently there's a Switch amiibo thingy coming soon which the other versions obviously don't have.

Other than that I think the only difference is that the Switch version can chug down to 40fps or so occasionally when there's a ton of poo poo onscreen.

The amiibo thing's there. You're allowed to use it something like once every 21 hours. You leave town, and it summons a random elite or champion fight in my experience so far, don't know if it does anything else.

YYZ
Apr 26, 2011

My first hardcore Switch character died today (wiz on GR 58 seconds after starting :v:), and like goddamn I wasn't expecting this to be so much fun, I've put hundreds of hours into the PC version but playing with a controller just feels so right. teleport feels a little weird, and I'm guessing furious charge on barb would also feel a little janky but I'm gonna level one and find out!

edit: I've never actually played non-hardcore, if I start a seasonal character in non-hardcore can I get another free set?

YYZ fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 8, 2018

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

m.hache posted:

Is this common?

I learned to never open your reward boxes until you disconnect and ensure you are hosting / in a private game. Host swaps also deletes items on the floor, sorry 8 boxes I opened lastnight.

It switches hosts when the original host bails out of the game, so if you want to always avoid that while you are playing, create your own lobby and then open it up to others.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Was playing locally with a buddy last night and didn't realize it wouldn't let us play on torment whatever so I had to crank the difficulty down to level him way slower than I'd have liked.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Stan Taylor posted:

Was playing locally with a buddy last night and didn't realize it wouldn't let us play on torment whatever so I had to crank the difficulty down to level him way slower than I'd have liked.

Going back to a *hard* level 1 is sure something. I 'what the gently caress'd a moment when I couldn't get straight into Challenge Mode.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I don’t think you can lower level a buddy at higher difficulty, unless they changed that. If you’re at s low enough level on higher difficulties I think some merging called like apprentice mode kicks in and you get reduced EXP. at least that’s how it was on D3’s launch

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I don’t think you can lower level a buddy at higher difficulty, unless they changed that. If you’re at s low enough level on higher difficulties I think some merging called like apprentice mode kicks in and you get reduced EXP. at least that’s how it was on D3’s launch

A level 1 can't join a public game at anything higher than probably Master, but if you make a private game you can go as high as Torment 4 or 6 (I forget which), so pleveling 1-70 is literally a 10 minute deal if you have a buddy.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

5er posted:

The amiibo thing's there. You're allowed to use it something like once every 21 hours. You leave town, and it summons a random elite or champion fight in my experience so far, don't know if it does anything else.

There’s going to be a treasure goblin amiibo that apparently opens a Vault portal once a day.

YYZ
Apr 26, 2011

YYZ posted:

edit: I've never actually played non-hardcore, if I start a seasonal character in non-hardcore can I get another free set?

ok so if anyone else is curious it doesn't work like this, the season journey is account wide. however you can create another Switch user account which will have access to the rewards (and you can power level yourself with your main account in local coop)

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Well I did end up picking this up on the switch. I prefer playing Hardcore but most of my friends don't so I'll probably be playing both modes. My friend code is SW-2000-5187-7927

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
God drat the public games are echoingly empty, wonder if it's just because it's not very obvious how to get into them. Did a full bounty set with only one other dude ever joining.

Either way, friend code 4449 0415 8017

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Honestly playing online with randos doesn't seem any different than solo play, except I can't just put my switch in sleep mode whenever I want.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

edit: nvm

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

God drat the public games are echoingly empty, wonder if it's just because it's not very obvious how to get into them. Did a full bounty set with only one other dude ever joining.

Either way, friend code 4449 0415 8017

Once you hit 70 I think most are running at t6 for awhile

While leveling I sometimes had group members, about 1 on average. Wish there was better ways to communicate.

Is there a way to show up if a player is fighting elites or goblins? Like on the PC. I get the sound but that doesn't help tell me if I should come because it's a gob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

E2M2 posted:

Is there a way to show up if a player is fighting elites or goblins? Like on the PC. I get the sound but that doesn't help tell me if I should come because it's a gob.

God, don’t I wish. It seems like the literal best you can do is wait in town and check people’s flags constantly to see if anyone pops into Whimsydale.