Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
doublepost cuz this rules lol

https://twitter.com/keegan_hamilton/status/1059422021187198976

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Hell yeah I'm voting, and gently caress you if you are eligible but haven't/aren't, and I don't think we have any ballot initiatives up here this cycle, but I should check the sample ballot just in case.

Edit: Nope, we don't get any here in Albany.

Absurd Alhazred has issued a correction as of 02:45 on Nov 6, 2018

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
im voting but I'm not happy about anything outside of AOC.

I'll probably follow GA's post.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

here's how i'm voting on the ballot measures:
  • Yes on 1. lowering the threshold for public election funds is a no-brainer
  • No on 2. my vote for the civic engagement office was contingent upon how the people would be appointed. but since it's essentially mayoral-controlled with the council speaker and borough presidents filling out the rest, it's going to be another opportunity for political rear end-kissing. that said, it's not the end of the world if it passes
  • Yes on 3. my community board is dominated by Orthodox and Hasidic Jews to the detriment of everyone else in the district. allowing for greater diversity and pushing out the old rot will be nothing but a good thing for CB 12. maybe it'll mean the end of yeshiva buses blocking peoples' driveways!
i'm going Hawkins for governor. i voted Cuomo on WFP four years ago but i'm not doing that again, as WFP has outlived their usefulness as a ballot party (though they're still great at training candidates across the country). i'm leaving lt. governor and AG blank, i might do the same thing for comptroller. i'm voting for my assemblyman and state senator (Bobby Carroll and Kevin Parker, respectively) over their token opposition. i have no idea about any of the judicial candidates so i'm going to leave those blank as well

time for predictions: i think the state senate will go to the democrats with a big change in Long Island and the Hudson Valley. i think Marty Golden will squeak out a win against Andrew Gounardes in south Brooklyn's senate seat, but it will be close. i think Antonio Delgado, Anthony Brindisi, and Nate MacMurray will beat Faso, Tenney, and Collins, respectively, for the House seats. unfortunately, i see Dana Balter and Perry Gershon beating the Republican incumbents there. more fortunately, i see Max Rose eating poo poo against Dan Donovan

my :ducksiren: BOLD PREDICTION :ducksiren: is that Liuba Gretchen Shirley will beat bridge-and-tunnel NYPD officer avatar Peter King

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 02:58 on Nov 6, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
hey who should i vote for in citywide/statewide poo poo like judges? theres always so many i'm probably better off asking who i should avoid voting for

also is laticia james bad? my union likes her enough to call me directly on the phone but they like garbo candidates 100% of the time

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I'll legit be over the moon if King gets the boot. that's my home district.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

hey who should i vote for in citywide/statewide poo poo like judges? theres always so many i'm probably better off asking who i should avoid voting for

also is laticia james bad? my union likes her enough to call me directly on the phone but they like garbo candidates 100% of the time
when it comes to judges, your guess is as good as mine

tish james was good as councilwoman and public advocate, but the amount of soul selling, rear end kissing, and ring kissing she did to cuomo for the AG spot made me instantly sour on her. i was willing to give her a chance in the general election, but her debate performance was poor. so she was good but not anymore. with that said however, she's better than Sean Patrick O'Connor McBrien Kavanaugh Maloney, who is the real villain of the AG primary

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

get that OUT of my face posted:

i'm leaving lt. governor ... blank

Unless I'm misreading my sample ballot you can't do that. There's no separate Lieutenant Governor choice in the general.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Unless I'm misreading my sample ballot you can't do that. There's no separate Lieutenant Governor choice in the general.
i think you're right. weird system. in that case i'm gonna just vote hawkins

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

i think you're right. weird system. in that case i'm gonna just vote hawkins

Same, I think. I also might write in Zephyr Teachout for AG. Most everything else I might just do straight Democrat.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

I'll legit be over the moon if King gets the boot. that's my home district.
shirley seems like a drat good candidate. pro-medicare for all, pro-$15 minimum wage, pro-universal pre-K, pro-public financing of elections. so my fingers are crossed

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

shirley seems like a drat good candidate. pro-medicare for all, pro-$15 minimum wage, pro-universal pre-K, pro-public financing of elections. so my fingers are crossed

this is an extremely chuddy district. though it went obama twice by a pretty decent margin. I kept my registration out there just so I could vote against that shitbag. not anymore tho.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

here's how i'm voting on the ballot measures:
  • Yes on 1. lowering the threshold for public election funds is a no-brainer
  • No on 2. my vote for the civic engagement office was contingent upon how the people would be appointed. but since it's essentially mayoral-controlled with the council speaker and borough presidents filling out the rest, it's going to be another opportunity for political rear end-kissing. that said, it's not the end of the world if it passes
  • Yes on 3. my community board is dominated by Orthodox and Hasidic Jews to the detriment of everyone else in the district. allowing for greater diversity and pushing out the old rot will be nothing but a good thing for CB 12. maybe it'll mean the end of yeshiva buses blocking peoples' driveways!
i'm going Hawkins for governor. i voted Cuomo on WFP four years ago but i'm not doing that again, as WFP has outlived their usefulness as a ballot party (though they're still great at training candidates across the country). i'm leaving lt. governor and AG blank, i might do the same thing for comptroller. i'm voting for my assemblyman and state senator (Bobby Carroll and Kevin Parker, respectively) over their token opposition. i have no idea about any of the judicial candidates so i'm going to leave those blank as well

time for predictions: i think the state senate will go to the democrats with a big change in Long Island and the Hudson Valley. i think Marty Golden will squeak out a win against Andrew Gounardes in south Brooklyn's senate seat, but it will be close. i think Antonio Delgado, Anthony Brindisi, and Nate MacMurray will beat Faso, Tenney, and Collins, respectively, for the House seats. unfortunately, i see Dana Balter and Perry Gershon beating the Republican incumbents there. more fortunately, i see Max Rose eating poo poo against Dan Donovan

my :ducksiren: BOLD PREDICTION :ducksiren: is that Liuba Gretchen Shirley will beat bridge-and-tunnel NYPD officer avatar Peter King

My district is the one Perry Gershon is running in, and it’s a turbo hellfuck chud district that somehow broke for Obama? I don’t know man. I’ll be positively stunned if he pulls it off. My family’s all voting for him but I’m pinning my hopes (lol) elsewhere.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
if i write in amazon cuomo, does it still count as a vote for cuomo?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I guess for the Kings county judges I'll just pick all the women/anyone not endorsed by the Republicans.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i'm in a pretty solid red town in collins' district and the polls this morning were dead. there were a handful of 20-somethings casting their ballots and that's it. i'd be shocked if mcmurray won, but he's been campaigning in person all over the area and has endeared himself to a lot of people that would otherwise normally never consider voting democrat.

fingers crossed

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
im in the city in an elderly person district and it was packed at 8:30 am
so many people in walkers champin to vote cuomo

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I've never had to wait in line like that, but I slept in like a moron and showed up at 8:30AM instead of 6AM like a normally do.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/hamiltonnolan/status/1059826635673923585

lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
cool ny fact from my election day professional development seminar

the big cholera outbreak in the 1800's happened cause the city gave a private company sole rights to manage the public water supply and they used one well in the middle of the 5 points slum [built over a garbage landfill and with an insane population density of 77,000/sq mile] to serve 1/3rd of the city.

the company spokesman was forced to admit that customers were imbibing some quantity of their own evacuations and public aquaduct projects began in earnest.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Voted alot of Green this year. Not feeling the WFP too much, tho I threw them a couple of bones, like voting Gillibrand on their line.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

It wasn't this big but the school on skillman was a shitshow at 8:30 and one of the scanners was broken.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

I voted on my lunch break, just went straight wfp except the hawk for gov

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

whatis posted:

i'm in a pretty solid red town in collins' district and the polls this morning were dead. there were a handful of 20-somethings casting their ballots and that's it. i'd be shocked if mcmurray won, but he's been campaigning in person all over the area and has endeared himself to a lot of people that would otherwise normally never consider voting democrat.

fingers crossed

I'm in with the henrys in EA, and the polls were packed. I also see basically no collins signs anywhere, but there are a lot of McMurray/Molinaro yards. I'm gonna be surprised if nate wins too, but Collins is a scandal-ridden like... garbage candidate. Did you see the ad he put on TV and nowhere else that had a guy with a southern accent talking about "values?" He's only gotten where he is because this district was made for him and he never showed his face here so no one even knew who he was.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

I really really really hope Tenney and Faso lose

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Voted on Staten Island today. The Democrats ran no one for State Assembly, and some clerical error kept the democratic Supreme Court nominee off the ballot. Totally functional democracy

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
remember when america killed one million iraqis to Spread Democracy

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
also A.G. Schneiderman Introduces Comprehensive Bill To Protect And Expand Voting Rights In New York: The New York Votes Act Would Overhaul Reform The State’s Voting Systems And Procedures – Simplifying The Voting Process, Boosting Voter Registration, And Increasing Turnout

Yes Schneiderman is a bad person but his office put out these good proposals, probably a good starting place if you want to ask your assemblyperson / state senator to take some action to improve voting in this dumbass state

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I did a vote :toot:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/andylocal/status/1059919791140548611

lmao force this loving rear end in a top hat out

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

my polling place in Jackson heights was loving packed and I don’t think it was just slow machines, that crowd was bigger than 2016 imo

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

GalacticAcid posted:

https://twitter.com/andylocal/status/1059919791140548611

lmao force this loving rear end in a top hat out

this is one of those things where it's like i understand intellectually that things are totally hosed but it still makes me so fuckin mad every god drat time I'm reminded of the fact

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i made that prediction about Gretchen Shirley because the last two years have been more or less wipeouts for republicans on long island in various elections. deep suffolk county is hopeless though

GalacticAcid posted:

also A.G. Schneiderman Introduces Comprehensive Bill To Protect And Expand Voting Rights In New York: The New York Votes Act Would Overhaul Reform The State’s Voting Systems And Procedures – Simplifying The Voting Process, Boosting Voter Registration, And Increasing Turnout

Yes Schneiderman is a bad person but his office put out these good proposals, probably a good starting place if you want to ask your assemblyperson / state senator to take some action to improve voting in this dumbass state
my assemblymember is an election lawyer by trade and his proposed bill to make some changes to voting laws got one sponsor

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 00:54 on Nov 7, 2018

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
When I arrived one of our scanners was broken (since early this morning apparently) and after 40 minutes in line the other one stopped working too lol

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
You can blame me if we get a Republican Governor and/or AG, I couldn't see myself voting for Cuomo or James, so I voted for Hawkins and wrote in Zephyr Teachout. Otherwise straight ticket Democrat.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

obviously not all the votes have been counted but uhh that's kind of close, no?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

obviously not all the votes have been counted but uhh that's kind of close, no?

seems high for Suffolk on the dem side.

speaking of which, is King eating poo poo?

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

no, king is winning handily

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

no, king is winning handily

sounds about right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Dan Donovan loses on Staten Island? Huge if true