Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

retpocileh
Oct 15, 2003
If I were you I wouldn’t leave the Iksar starting area til 20. Around level 10 you can head to Kurns, it’s right by the newbie pit, and one of the most popular dungeons level 10-20. It’s got a great ZEM, you’ll level fast, and you’ll leave with like 20 stacks of bonechips that you can sell for 10p each.

After that I’d leave Kunark and head to Unrest until 24/25, then highkeep goblins until 34.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.
Ok, it's officially sucked me in again. Magician up to level 20. All 4 of the lower level focuses (focii?) quested up and some janky gear acquired.

How much is a JBoot MQ these days? Thats the only thing that would make life easier really. I think I'm down to 3k liquid on my druid, but I can always port a bit to raise the rest. Are they still around 7k?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
ive seen them for 5-6k

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.

Zodium posted:

I'm still buying goon mains who reach level 41 Jboots. So uh, use sow potions until then and never buy tboots because lol, tboots
Please save me from my Blood of the Wolf addiction, tboot-patron saint of movement.

Cleared level 40 hell last night on my wizard Pipnam :hellyeah:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Jester Mcgee posted:

I hit level 8 on my Iksar monk. Should I work my way over to the common lands? Things seem pretty dead in the Iksar starting area.

I think about level 8 you're probably better off punching skeletons in Kurns tower and getting your shackle quests done. Exploring the world as an Iksar gets a lot safer once you pick up Feign Death at level 17. That level 20ish range is about the time you can start doing faction work if you want to be welcomed in mainland cities relatively safely. Entrance trash in Kurns should be level 8ish and the upper floors will carry you all the way into the high teens.

If you get some extra cash, see if you can pick up a pair of Master Wu's Trance sticks. They are probably the best monk weapons you can get for the price and are statted such that they are fast, light, and you won't be bumping against the low level damage cap all too much. If a high level goon soloer is feeling super generous he can drag you to Trak's teeth and Kill Hangman for a good placeholder haste item.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

justaddwater powerleveled me a bit last night. Got me up to 16. It's like I'm a whole new Iksar. Getting over level 15 made my fists a lot stronger, and I picked up block and double attack which have made me much stronger vs blue enemies. I am successfully punching skeletons in Kurn's like it's going out of style.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Jester Mcgee posted:

justaddwater powerleveled me a bit last night. Got me up to 16. It's like I'm a whole new Iksar. Getting over level 15 made my fists a lot stronger, and I picked up block and double attack which have made me much stronger vs blue enemies. I am successfully punching skeletons in Kurn's like it's going out of style.

You should grind it out until you get Feign Death, then message me ingame on Pipnam and I'll come take you to EC. You can sell the piles and piles of bone chips you surely have by now, and pick up some budget upgrades (trance sticks, presumably there's a budget monk shopping list somewhere?)

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Jester Mcgee posted:

Your body is changing a lot and you're becoming a beautiful young woman.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Make sure when you get Feign Death that you spend time to skill it and sneak and mend up. Those are your three main tools to survive and you don't want to FD and flop when you're trying to sneak past a high level guard or something.

On the mainland there are a handful of people you'll be able to sell at by default without doing any FD/Sneak shennanigans, like the Shady Swashbuckler in EC, but they tend to rip you off. I personally like to get at least one city faction up so I don't have to worry as much about Metal Gear Solid-ing my way around a city. Freeport is kind of the default go to since it's close to the EC auction lands and the bank. Paineel is a good contender for another city because while it's out of the way, most of the city is on one faction that you can grind out stupid easy and once you're in you can kill skeleton guards without faction hits for money.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Also to always make sure you don't fail a FD due to you attacking, use a macro.

First line: /attack off
Second: /doability #

For the number in doability it's where ever on the two ability grid pages it's located; either Abilities or Combat

Abililities

code:

[1] [2]
[3] [4]
[5] [6]

Combat

code:

[melee] [ranged]
   [7]           [8]
   [9]          [10]

So attack will always be turned off when you FD if you start using that.

There is also a very useful in-combat bind macro I've posted about before to get my warrior some healing.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

EVIL Gibson posted:

There is also a very useful in-combat bind macro I've posted about before to get my warrior some healing.

I checked your posts in this thread and couldn't find this. What is it?

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Dick Burglar posted:

I checked your posts in this thread and couldn't find this. What is it?

I imagine it would be something similar to this: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222964

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
The one thing I really want to be able to do, that doesn't seem to be possible, is to actually tie an ability's cooldown to a macro. So, if I have a Bind Wound macro, I want to have it show Bind Wound's cooldown. Macros are so much more useful than just putting the base ability on your bar, but not being able to see the ability's cooldown (aside from having the Abilities tab open next to your hotkey bar) really sucks.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Dick Burglar posted:

The one thing I really want to be able to do, that doesn't seem to be possible, is to actually tie an ability's cooldown to a macro. So, if I have a Bind Wound macro, I want to have it show Bind Wound's cooldown. Macros are so much more useful than just putting the base ability on your bar, but not being able to see the ability's cooldown (aside from having the Abilities tab open next to your hotkey bar) really sucks.

Not quite what you're looking for but you can use /pause X (X=seconds I think) in the macros to help with this a little bit in creative ways.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

khysanth posted:

Not quite what you're looking for but you can use /pause X (X=seconds I think) in the macros to help with this a little bit in creative ways.

This will block your use of any other macro command for X seconds, though.

I'm afraid there is no way to show cooldowns. What I do is put the base skill on a bar, too, so I can see if it is up. Mind you, on p99 base skills may pop up as usable just because you've zoned, while they are actually on cooldown.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Ranged attack seems to come off cooldown a split-second early on a regular basis. This leads to me trying to use it before it's actually off cooldown, the game throwing an error message, and putting it back on cooldown. Yay.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dick Burglar posted:

Ranged attack seems to come off cooldown a split-second early on a regular basis. This leads to me trying to use it before it's actually off cooldown, the game throwing an error message, and putting it back on cooldown. Yay.

If you right click refresh your slot 1 spell, you get the same message probably.

Also, I found that the arrows you shoot get really screwy in the animation if you shoot sometimes. Sometimes it will run around a boulder if you are above it and looks like a scared little mouse.

It also has the ability to detect traps in a dumb way. In dragon necropolis the place is filthy with traps. I was shooting a rat down from the cave entrance and the arrow just stopped and disappeared because it tried to hit the invis trap but it missed.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
On Live there was some boss in GoD, I think, that you could cheese by throwing shuriken/shooting arrows through a window while out of combat.. they'd get stuck and then eventually you'd move the boss and x thousand projectiles strike him at once. Projectile physics are weird.

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

Meatgrinder posted:

This will block your use of any other macro command for X seconds, though.

I'm afraid there is no way to show cooldowns. What I do is put the base skill on a bar, too, so I can see if it is up. Mind you, on p99 base skills may pop up as usable just because you've zoned, while they are actually on cooldown.

You can kinda sorta show cooldowns using a program like gamtexttriggers, but it's not exactly reliable since cooldowns don't work in seconds but in server "ticks". It works well enough for bard songs, iirc

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

Telltolin posted:

You can kinda sorta show cooldowns using a program like gamtexttriggers, but it's not exactly reliable since cooldowns don't work in seconds but in server "ticks". It works well enough for bard songs, iirc

Yeah, when soloing as a Shaman I had all sorts of bars on my screen with GINA that showed spell durations and cooldowns. I was so happy that I hadn’t gotten rid of that configuration when I stopped playing last.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

frest posted:

You should grind it out until you get Feign Death, then message me ingame on Pipnam and I'll come take you to EC. You can sell the piles and piles of bone chips you surely have by now, and pick up some budget upgrades (trance sticks, presumably there's a budget monk shopping list somewhere?)

Going back to this : your priority on a budget should be 2x trance sticks, haste if you can afford it, and then stacking as much +hp jewelry as you can afford. If you find some budget leather that doesn't break the bank or weight budget go for it. Otherwise fill slots with Wu's fighting gear until you find better.

If you get the chance, go to Dalnir in your level 20s+ because there is an excellent set of no trade monk armor there.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

DeathSandwich posted:

Going back to this : your priority on a budget should be 2x trance sticks, haste if you can afford it, and then stacking as much +hp jewelry as you can afford. If you find some budget leather that doesn't break the bank or weight budget go for it. Otherwise fill slots with Wu's fighting gear until you find better.

If you get the chance, go to Dalnir in your level 20s+ because there is an excellent set of no trade monk armor there.

I made a trip out to EC and traded for a Wu’s Quivering Staff. I had read that after 20 it was better than the trance sticks, and I didn’t want to have to trade out anytime soon. I just got to level 20, still in Kurn’s Tower,and feel like I’m absolutely destroying stuff. Next time I fill up on bone chips I will definitely look into picking up the other upgrades you mentioned. Thanks!

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

DeathSandwich posted:

Do not go to Dalnir in your 20's. You will get wrecked.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Jester Mcgee posted:

I made a trip out to EC and traded for a Wu’s Quivering Staff. I had read that after 20 it was better than the trance sticks, and I didn’t want to have to trade out anytime soon. I just got to level 20, still in Kurn’s Tower,and feel like I’m absolutely destroying stuff. Next time I fill up on bone chips I will definitely look into picking up the other upgrades you mentioned. Thanks!

Good choice. WQS is by far the best cheap monk weapon post damage cap. The weight at 9.0 is its only real downside, but you can try upgrading to a staff of battle (~500pp for 7.2) or a heavy velium brawlstick (~1kpp for 3.6) down the line to do almost identical damage and still have spent much less than you would on comparable one-handers.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

shirunei posted:

Do not go to Dalnir in your 20's. You will get wrecked.

First message one of our higher level goons, THEN go to dalnir. And then lay around feigned while we murder everything.

TypoDemon
Apr 12, 2004

Go ahead. Take it from me.
this game is fun. message me on piethief for mid 30s xp.

im having a good time on my rogue. did hhk for the last ten levels and its still going strong when i don't have to fight for guards. sola is pretty cool but gnomes are tricky w/ runners. is snare poison or root nets a better solution?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

TypoDemon posted:

this game is fun. message me on piethief for mid 30s xp.

im having a good time on my rogue. did hhk for the last ten levels and its still going strong when i don't have to fight for guards. sola is pretty cool but gnomes are tricky w/ runners. is snare poison or root nets a better solution?

SolA gnomes are pretty resistant little shits (tough to reliably snare with a SK 10 levels above them last time I was there) so I dunno that I'd rely on either. Poison would at least be kinda RP cool and fun if you're into crafting. You could snag a serrated bone dirk or glaive of marltek and try your luck on procs as well.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The gnome robots have pretty high MR so root nets or magic based snares probably won’t work. I have no idea what their PR is like but I expect you’d have better luck with poison.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Any goons available to kill Ulump Pujluk in Swamp of No Hope? I can bring a 60 warrior, 59 cleric, or 59 monk if needed. Should be single groupable. Druid needs an epic.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Pratan posted:

Any goons available to kill Ulump Pujluk in Swamp of No Hope? I can bring a 60 warrior, 59 cleric, or 59 monk if needed. Should be single groupable. Druid needs an epic.

I can help out as a 56 enchanter but since he’s unslowable and unstunnable And has very high MR, and also is only one level below me, I may not be that useful. I can charm Grik the Exile and do DPS though.

If you haven’t put out word in the discord yet, I’ll see if anyone else wants to come.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

dromal phrenia posted:

I can help out as a 56 enchanter but since he’s unslowable and unstunnable And has very high MR, and also is only one level below me, I may not be that useful. I can charm Grik the Exile and do DPS though.

If you haven’t put out word in the discord yet, I’ll see if anyone else wants to come.

Ya I didn't post in the discord (not in this discord). Holler if anyone is bored enough to do it.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Pratan posted:

Ya I didn't post in the discord (not in this discord). Holler if anyone is bored enough to do it.

The response I got was “tell them to hop on discord”

TypoDemon
Apr 12, 2004

treadmilling my way up on my short rogue. next level is trak bp. level after that is epic and wavecrasher.

hmu on piethief for mid 40s xp. i technically have a 53 druid but hes temporarily retired.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

TypoDemon posted:

treadmilling my way up on my short rogue. next level is trak bp. level after that is epic and wavecrasher.

hmu on piethief for mid 40s xp. i technically have a 53 druid but hes temporarily retired.

Honestly I'm going to say everyone should check the discord. Its not insanely active but it is way more active than this thread.

I don't personally have any characters in the mid 40's though.

TypoDemon
Apr 12, 2004

edit: buyin rogue trak bp(Mrylokar's Breastplate) for 50k, lodi map loot rights for 10k, stormfeather map loot rights 20k

TypoDemon fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Nov 19, 2018

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
Have any desire to buy mrylokars leggings?

TypoDemon
Apr 12, 2004

nah i need bp just sold my fungi and eyepatch of plunder is worth more to me than legs thank you though.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Hit 45 on the wizard, but more importantly finally got some jboots from some mysterious, wealthy benefactors. Thanks again my dudes.

TypoDemon
Apr 12, 2004

got map parts, still need bp

TypoDemon fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

TypoDemon posted:

got map parts, still need bp

That was quick lol. Did Lodi spawn today? Did you pay the 10k?