Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

FreudianSlippers posted:

We drink Jesus but Dracula drinks us.

Millhouse was right - reverse vampires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Post your favourite anime battles here's mine
https://twitter.com/netgeek_0915/status/1059083138150948864

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The best thing about Fallout 76 :mmmhmm:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Was it half life 2 where their source repo got corrupted and they lost almost everything but luckily someone had pirated it, or taken it home or something and they managed to retrive a lot of it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

NtotheTC posted:

Was it half life 2 where their source repo got corrupted and they lost almost everything but luckily someone had pirated it, or taken it home or something and they managed to retrive a lot of it

I have a feeling that the loss of Fallout 76 isn't really that big.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why do they call it Fallout 76?

Because it shits the bed, deletes itself, and 26 GB of random other data. :newlol:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So many words. Thread sucks again.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

JoelJoel posted:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

whiney brats

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

JoelJoel posted:

nah

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
Forget the no text rule. We should bring back the mega rule, aka post a picture along with your dumb comments. It's not that hard. Just pick something amusing. Half the people here will say you're dumb and not funny no matter what you pick, so don't bother putting too much thought in to it.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

A picture in every post is a good rule. It still allows discussion while cutting down on noise quite a bit.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

NtotheTC posted:

I know that was basically the story to Toy Story 2

Also Myth 2: Soulblighter, when uninstalled, would kill the whole directory it was installed in

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Brewmaster posted:

Forget the no text rule. We should bring back the mega rule, aka post a picture along with your dumb comments. It's not that hard. Just pick something amusing. Half the people here will say you're dumb and not funny no matter what you pick, so don't bother putting too much thought in to it.

Agreed

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Please combine, tia

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

NtotheTC posted:

Someone ran /bin/rm -r -f * on Toy Story 2's main server when it was in production. Pixar ex-employees tell stories about watching on-screen assets disappear one by one as they were working until someone finally pulled the plug on the hardware.

The server backups either were corrupt or not backing up properly in the first place, so Pixar was very close to scrapping the whole project and starting again (which would have taken 30 people over a year) when someone remembered an employee on mat leave had been secretly given a hard drive with the show's entire assets to work on at home once a week. This saved the film

This was pre Disney acquisition, so it's something that could have sunk Pixar completely.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Tendales posted:

You're probably thinking of the Circumcellions, one of the more unfortunately named cults.

i was thanks.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dillbag posted:

Someone ran /bin/rm -r -f * on Toy Story 2's main server when it was in production. Pixar ex-employees tell stories about watching on-screen assets disappear one by one as they were working until someone finally pulled the plug on the hardware.

The server backups either were corrupt or not backing up properly in the first place, so Pixar was very close to scrapping the whole project and starting again (which would have taken 30 people over a year) when someone remembered an employee on mat leave had been secretly given a hard drive with the show's entire assets to work on at home once a week. This saved the film

This was pre Disney acquisition, so it's something that could have sunk Pixar completely.

The godawful CGI movie Foodfight! had a similar problem when the hard drives went missing (the director claims the were stolen) but they were never recovered and they had to start over from scratch, and the film was subsequently released almost a decade late.

The original trailer was pretty bad but the final trailer with the redone animation was even worse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKMvSGNuGHE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uROQ9nplxIY

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Moon Slayer posted:

The more I learn about older Catholic doctrine, rituals, and apocrypha, the more I wonder if I would have stayed in the Church if that kind of stuff was still around.
As a Catholic medieval studies major, I can vouch for this

Facebook Aunt posted:

Like Limbo. If Original Sin exists then even newborn babies are sinners. And if all sinners go to hell, then newborn babies that die go to hell. Maybe stillbirths and miscarriages, if they have souls (some think you don't get a soul until your first breath). Catholics have baptism take place shortly after birth which is supposed to be some sort of patch that keeps tiny children saved but not saved saved until they reach the age of understanding and can get for real saved. But still, some babies die before that happens. Which would leave tiny infants in eternal conscious torment for the Original Sins they inherited . . . which is an uncomfortable theological position. But obviously they can't go to heaven either. So a long while back the catholics invented Limbo, a place where unbaptised babies could go for an eternity of bliss and isolation. Then a few years back the pope said Limbo probably doesn't exist, we don't know what happens to the babies but we hope for mercy.
Dante put unbaptized babies (and possibly children below the age of reason, so about age seven) in the same Limbo as the great pagans of antiquity and the feeling was that these people would never experience the true joy of knowing God but they didn't realize it so they were still pretty happy. There's a pretty understandable dislike against putting people into eternal torment who didn't really have a choice in the matter.

your friend a dog posted:

just because the catholics made up a bunch of poo poo doesnt make them not retarded. this is ur theological lesson for the week
gently caress you too, protestant

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Seldom Posts posted:

Please combine, tia

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I was actually thinking about the "the dude has got no mercy" logo in flames as it is, (plus you know, Jesus, mercy etc.) but this also owns.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Catholicism derail can end now.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

cash crab posted:

Watch it come back again in 3 days.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

jobson groeth posted:

Watch it come back again in 3 days.

:hmmyes:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

This is Rad as Hell, and apparently the Whore of Babylon as portrayed in a comic book Promethea #21: The Wine of Her Fornications.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promethea
Thanks for making me look this up.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
:angel:

It seemed funny in this thread lately, and just a nice picture in general.

doverhog has a new favorite as of 23:32 on Nov 6, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

cash crab posted:

So are we moving on to Islam or Judaism next? I lost my itinerary.

Also am I the only one that has a hard time remembering cash crab is a mod? I think the little raccoon icon needs a star behind it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Doesn't the Old Testament say that the whole afterlife situation is either "Everyone is stone cold dead until judgement day" and/or "There is a sort of afterlife but it isn't very good except if you're like a prophet or a martyr something in which case it's alright I guess"?

Otherwise judgement day seems pretty pointless if people have already been judged.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

FreudianSlippers posted:

Doesn't the Old Testament say that the whole afterlife situation is either "Everyone is stone cold dead until judgement day" and/or "There is a sort of afterlife but it isn't very good except if you're like a prophet or a martyr something in which case it's alright I guess"?

Otherwise judgement day seems pretty pointless if people have already been judged.

I think the Old Testament says that you either go to heaven or just quit existing. It also isn't "heaven" the way Christianity teaches about it. Like you either earn your way into the Kingdom of God or head off to oblivion.

Anything involving the apocalypse is from Revelation, which is in the New Testament.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

FreudianSlippers posted:

The Torah doesn't actually say anything explicitly about life after death, only an understanding that this isn't the end. The concept of hell as we have it is basically entirely the Christian idea. At worst there's a "cleansing" period for your soul to earn the right to cleave close to God but no eternal torment or anything like that. There's also no concept that only Jews get rewarded or only non-Jews get punished, there's just the basic commandments for all to follow so if you don't kill, rob etc you're all good for Judaism.

Here's a kinda funny pic I took yesterday:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://ve.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_phq218Ujbe1xoyw8p_480.mp4

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/MikeIsaac/status/1060054183527669762

:911:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Early Christians were convinced that Jesus was returning very soon to destroy the Romans and usher in the messianic age, so they were very into the idea that the afterworld was actually just this world only perfected. To that end they were careful about entombing their dead so that when that happened the bodies would still be around to be reborn into eternal life. Until then it was assumed that everyone’s souls went to Sheol, a place very much like the Ancient Greek underworld, to wait around for their return. Only after it became obvious that Christ wasn’t coming back any time soon did they start thinking of stories explaining where we go and what we do there after we die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Scratch Monkey posted:

Early Christians were convinced that Jesus was returning very soon to destroy the Romans and usher in the messianic age, so they were very into the idea that the afterworld was actually just this world only perfected. To that end they were careful about entombing their dead so that when that happened the bodies would still be around to be reborn into eternal life. Until then it was assumed that everyone’s souls went to Sheol, a place very much like the Ancient Greek underworld, to wait around for their return. Only after it became obvious that Christ wasn’t coming back any time soon did they start thinking of stories explaining where we go and what we do there after we die.

when did the dead turn into harp playing winged haloed people in robes