Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

https://youtu.be/WWaLxFIVX1s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

yolandi posted:

The whole cooper/freak thing is bad and dumb but you kinda have to ask what was eUnited putting in front of the guy. For him to bail on his brother and being a pro esports star it must've been a pretty big turd.

It's like this old classic but worse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFeP9ehXz8A

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Man, the summit isn't really catching my interest this year. At least theres Fifflaren.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Love Stole the Day posted:

Does anyone else born in the '80s feel like this whole online-stuff-in-real-life-commercials thing is just incredibly weird and surreal?

I would love to agree with you but I'm getting pretty used to it....and actually I'm pretty shocked that they managed to get it so right with this one specifically. Honestly I... I think it's a pretty good ad? I've grown accustomed to stuff like this where major brands try to appeal to the internet being off in little subtle ways that make it clear that they didn't actually talk to anyone who is a real part of the community they're trying to talk to. This one uses the lingo in a comfortable and confident way and trusts the person looking at it to "get it." I feel like that's super loving rare.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Have any of you watched that show Norsemen on netflix? They should write in a time skip and follow a professional CS team. I'd watch the hell out of that. JW would be so entertaining.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Not a big fan of Thorin but his impression of KennyS and Steel fighting is pretty funny https://clips.twitch.tv/CallousProductiveAlfalfaCoolCat

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
How come when pros like chrisj peek with an awp they can get a kill on a pro with a rifle but when I peek with an awp I just get headshot or sprayed doen by a silver with basically anything?

Am I peeking with an awp wrong?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Post a demo

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lower your sens

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
increase your dosage

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Dont slow peek. Also be aware that the closer you are to a corner, the more of you the enemy sees. Try to be further away from your corner than they are. Also preaim.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Soulex posted:

Dont slow peek. Also be aware that the closer you are to a corner, the more of you the enemy sees. Try to be further away from your corner than they are. Also preaim.

Here's an extreme example of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkDb5k2uSnI

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Okay, so I started playing this again after like a 4+ year hiatus, and I seem to be in a sort of schroedinger schizophrenic state between decent and really really bad, as in I'm usually middle or lower middle on the scoreboard/get enough kills, but high silvers/low golds are regularly commenting that I'm playing so dumb I must be a bot. I'm officially ranked at silver elite master. My aim is still decently good but my game sense seems to be gone. How should I get better? Just play solo in random ranked matches? I'm sort of afraid to play goonpug/sub.io

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

oliveoil posted:

How come when pros like chrisj peek with an awp they can get a kill on a pro with a rifle but when I peek with an awp I just get headshot or sprayed doen by a silver with basically anything?

Am I peeking with an awp wrong?

Big difference between LAN and Online as well.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

icantfindaname posted:

I'm sort of afraid to play goonpug/sub.io

You shouldn't be as goonmans are a really good way to get a better understanding of the game. There's enough good/decent players that will give you help as long as you're willing to accept it. We always try to make teams even in them. Plus if you join the sub.io Discord you can most usually find other people willing to MM.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Almost every single game I've played so far has had some combination of leavers/quitters, hackers, or high-level smurfs. Has it always been this bad or has MM gotten worse over the years? I don't remember it being like this. Is it just silver or are the higher ranks this bad too?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

icantfindaname posted:

Almost every single game I've played so far has had some combination of leavers/quitters, hackers, or high-level smurfs. Has it always been this bad or has MM gotten worse over the years? I don't remember it being like this. Is it just silver or are the higher ranks this bad too?

your trust factor is probably low

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Don't solo, especially around silver I guess.

Primes on?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

No, not prime yet, not level 21. That must be the problem. That and the trust rating weren’t a thing when I stopped playing

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I pretty much only solo que because playing is sporadic. I also dont care about my rank anymore mostly. I do because it means better competition.

I just carried my loving team scoring over 109 points and 42 kills. Im silver 4 and they had a few elites and the gold one after. Sometimes you get teammates that listen and offer strats. Sometimes you get gently caress heads. You end up with about one of each in silver levels. I literally just played the game of my life though. Noone on my team had a positive k/d save me.

Even if you get beat the gently caress up, learn from the death. The biggest thing I try to do as a solo player is learn my smokes, flashes, and be the voice of reason. Like telling people to fall back instead of holding ground in a push and they are way the gently caress up out of any covering fire I could provide. Trying to stay alive honestly helped my game as a solo player more than anything. Even with situations where Im outgunned, playing smarter and not harder makes for more wins. Like planting and peeking on sound cues. Not charging forward with a murder boner. Also, warm up. Seriously. Warm the gently caress up before a comp game. It makes a difference.

Understand youll lose more than youll win and its ok to walk away. Have fun and communicate. If you have toxic teammates bugging you, block their mics and practice something you need to do like holding B from different angles or practicing retakes.

Im not really good so take my advice with some salt.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

icantfindaname posted:

No, not prime yet, not level 21. That must be the problem. That and the trust rating weren’t a thing when I stopped playing

Prime makes a big difference. Recently started again and both MM and Faceit are noticeably cleaner. Higher ranked MM used to be unplayable, basically vs cheaters every second game back then.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

I haven't felt prime making much of a difference lately, tbh.

granted i havent checked my recent games for vac bans, can't wait to see how depressing that is

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Jeza posted:

Prime makes a big difference. Recently started again and both MM and Faceit are noticeably cleaner. Higher ranked MM used to be unplayable, basically vs cheaters every second game back then.

lmao just before i hit submit too.

I'm probably biased since I notice a shitload of extremely good players having around rank 21 with few or nearly no service + achievement medals.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

I'll update my post if I check my log and find every game had a cheater like the good ol days. I feel like it can't be worse than how it was tho

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

A TURGID FATSO posted:

There's enough good/decent players that will give you help as long as you're willing to accept it.

I visited their community a few years ago. A guy started screaming at me endlessly on voice because I was bad so I muted him. He apparently got mad and lobbied his admin friend to get me banned when I refused to stop muting him and he succeeded.

I also heard one of their regular players got vac'd and was apparently cheating under their noses for years without them knowing.

I know people who have had good experiences with them, though, so maybe just be careful about the politics of who's on your team. Hopefully they're better these days.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I think they generally only ban kids that try to buy uranium on eBay so they can kill the president

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Love Stole the Day posted:

I visited their community a few years ago. A guy started screaming at me endlessly on voice because I was bad so I muted him. He apparently got mad and lobbied his admin friend to get me banned when I refused to stop muting him and he succeeded.

I also heard one of their regular players got vac'd and was apparently cheating under their noses for years without them knowing.

I know people who have had good experiences with them, though, so maybe just be careful about the politics of who's on your team. Hopefully they're better these days.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what? None of this makes sense to me and I've been there from the beginning. Only ones I can think of are CornetTheory and Mr. Pink being retards. Akumos was the one who got VAC'd and I don't think he was around for more than 6 to 9 months. There was also Empire Ants who got VAC'd, but nobody knew who that was and we thought he wad pretty suspicious anyway.

As for getting yelled at, it's possible that you caught someone on a bad day, but as far as I can remember if you said upfront that you're not that great then people were usually quite helpful. You should join the sub.io Discord and introduce yourself.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I have also been cheating under their noses for years.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

I just got back into CSGO after a very very long break. I had a really fun match on overpass where this happened to my team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKiSCN4Xk48

Sorry about the horrible quality and the Hangouts sound effects, I have no idea how to capture video properly. My favorite part is how 3 of us still died

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

https://clips.twitch.tv/EsteemedOddOwlGrammarKing

*tugs at shirt collar*

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Up Circle posted:

I have also been cheating under their noses for years.

i cheat but in reverse

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So good. Hes so loving good.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
Astralis v Fnatic at the IEM Chicago semi-final is a v good bo3 if you're looking for something to watch.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYHn8H9O5Qk

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

They're too good

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Danmark. Utskitet av kalk och vatten.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Finally a decent G2 roster change. Looks promising.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Jeza posted:

Finally a decent G2 roster change. Looks promising.

Ehhh smithzz should never have been on that team to begin with, but cutting ex6 when he's IGL and surprisingly one of their better fraggers is weird. Now we are back to Shox as IGL with bodyy remaining on the team. Cool to see some young blood getting a chance instead of the same 10 players moving in and out of the lineups.

I'd have liked to see Kio or Scream get a try but I'm sure there's the usual underlying French-scene drama preventing that. Happy to see Kio on c9 now, just need Rush replaced(Screamy let's go).

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
Scream is so inconsistent. Dude needs to book some sessions with Astralis's psych. Apex + Scream would be a great entry combo, Rpk always seemed really solid as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

:confuoot: