Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

(Not) thinking bout thos (soy)beans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Victory Position posted:

Raurava (叫喚), the "screaming" Naraka, is where beings run wildly about, looking for refuge from the burning ground. When they find an apparent shelter, they are locked inside it as it blazes around them, while they scream inside. Life in this Naraka is 8.2944×1014 years long.

Mahāraurava (大叫喚), the "great screaming" Naraka, is similar to Raurava. Punishment here is for people who maintain their own body by hurting others. In this hell, animals known as kravyāda torment them and eat their flesh. Life in this Naraka is 6.63552×1015 years long.

At least you get out, unlike Evangelical Hell, where you get stuck in a burning pit with Satan (cool) and Donald John Trump (bad) for all eternity.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

I loathe this world we live in. I loathe these people so loving much.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Carried away on a cloud of thoughts and prayers

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

WAKE ERIC UP AGAIN! :911:

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

KiteAuraan posted:

At least you get out, unlike Evangelical Hell, where you get stuck in a burning pit with Satan (cool) and Donald John Trump (bad) for all eternity.

Trump is clearly going to heaven

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

jews don't believe in a hell soooo

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

counterpoint:

https://twitter.com/LyntonGrace/status/1059408143938084869/photo/1

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Heaven ain't real lol

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Dreddout posted:

Heaven ain't real lol

Trump is.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Dreddout posted:

Heaven ain't real lol

And yet the mccrib is back

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

jews don't believe in a hell soooo

Ivanka Trump is Jewish, Donny Fatass is, I dunno, something, he's something. Donnyist is my bet.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

https://twitter.com/kristina_wong/status/1059876301023207426

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I continue to be absolutely amazed that the right wing media machine has convinced most chuds that Trump's idiot trade war will work for them in the long run even though they're getting their asses kicked and can't articulate what the desired outcome is supposed to be. If a Democrat tried this they'd have been either assassinated by now or the national guard would be putting down literal rebellions in chud states. It's loving amazing.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

KiteAuraan posted:

Ivanka Trump is Jewish, Donny Fatass is, I dunno, something, he's something. Donnyist is my bet.

He's a Christian who is on record as having asked forgiveness or felt the need to.

I'm a big believer (:haw:) in trusting people's self description of their faith, but as a Christian, that particular idea baffles me. It calls into question his entire understanding of what it even means to be a Christian, regardless of denomination.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Trump! *beeeeeeep*

Azathoth posted:

He's a Christian who is on record as having asked forgiveness or felt the need to.

I'm a big believer (:haw:) in trusting people's self description of their faith, but as a Christian, that particular idea baffles me. It calls into question his entire understanding of what it even means to be a Christian, regardless of denomination.

This is why you need a central religious authority hth

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Dreddout posted:

Trump! *beeeeeeep*

This is why you need a central religious authority hth

My eye just started twitching.

...I may be a little too Lutheran.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Azathoth posted:

My eye just started twitching.

...I may be a little too Lutheran.

My grandmother was always sad that she wouldn't ever see hell because she thought it might be nice to watch Martin Luther roast with the other heretics for eternity.

Grandma was a wonderful person, but to her the Earth was divided between the Catholics and the Hellbound.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Jesus fuckin' christ

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Zeroisanumber posted:

My grandmother was always sad that she wouldn't ever see hell because she thought it might be nice to watch Martin Luther roast with the other heretics for eternity.

Grandma was a wonderful person, but to her the Earth was divided between the Catholics and the Hellbound.

grandma used to tell me she wasn't racist but mlk didn't deserve a statue or a holiday.

she was real classy. what she is right now tho is super dead.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Zeroisanumber posted:

Lol, read the Bible lady, you can watch your rich master burn from heaven

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Zeroisanumber posted:

A while back, I went over to the house of a friend's grandmother to help him move something for her and found out a few days later that she had to be talked into letting me into the house after she somehow found out I am Protestant. Was one of the bigger :wtc: moments of my life.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Azathoth posted:

A while back, I went over to the house of a friend's grandmother to help him move something for her and found out a few days later that she had to be talked into letting me into the house after she somehow found out I am Protestant. Was one of the bigger :wtc: moments of my life.

reformism is contagious

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Nothus posted:

I continue to be absolutely amazed that the right wing media machine has convinced most chuds that Trump's idiot trade war will work for them in the long run even though they're getting their asses kicked and can't articulate what the desired outcome is supposed to be. If a Democrat tried this they'd have been either assassinated by now or the national guard would be putting down literal rebellions in chud states. It's loving amazing.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Azathoth posted:

Hey, who are we to doubt the deep inspiration he felt when he read the biblical book of Two Corinthians.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lmao

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Powered Descent posted:

Hey, who are we to doubt the deep inspiration he felt when he read the biblical book of Two Corinthians.

*eye twitching intensifies*

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The world is a better place now with her dead lmao

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

FMguru posted:

The world is a better place now with her dead lmao

Not for a lack of trying on her part

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Azathoth posted:

seems like there ought to be be a sect of christianity that says jesus already died for your sins, therefore all forms of penance are sacrilege

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

1/150,000,000

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You know what, at least that was the only time she's ever voted in 82 years so lol I had her beat as an 18 year old by virtue of voting in a local election and a national one.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

seems like there ought to be be a sect of christianity that says jesus already died for your sins, therefore all forms of penance are sacrilege

A variant of that belief pops up from time to time in various religious movements, usually referred to as antinomianism, but it isn't really a going concern in modern Christianity.

I recall reading about some Gnostic sects that practiced variations of it, but it's hard to call them Christian in the sense that we understand today.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

Azathoth posted:

A variant of that belief pops up from time to time in various religious movements, usually referred to as antinomianism, but it isn't really a going concern in modern Christianity.

I recall reading about some Gnostic sects that practiced variations of it, but it's hard to call them Christian in the sense that we understand today.

im pretty sure its also just the interpretation of prosperity-gospel-type evangelicalism

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zeroisanumber posted:

Grandma was right.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

lol

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

:staredog:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Azathoth posted:

smdh, we need another Protestant League War to set this straight imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
protestant were my favorite faction in starcraft