Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

CopperHound posted:

I don't like the results I'm seeing so far... luckily it is just Merced, Placer, Napa, and Stanislaus. Not exactly a good cross section of our population.

I really hope 6,8,10, & 11 flip.

10 is dead hard and never had a chance. there are too many boombers and temporary embarrased millionaires that just any-day now they're going to be renting out their property and dont want rent control taking away muh profits!!! (also they probably never even read its not even about enacting rent control)

but yeah right now its just ultra chud senile old white boomber counties which is a good sign. 5 is dead as the loving dodo since they cant even grab the mush brained oldes vote for it lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Xaris posted:

5 is dead as the loving dodo since they cant even grab the mush brained oldes vote for it lmao
The only silver lining I'm seeing so far.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

LA Times good too
http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-pol-na-us-general-election-results-2018/

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

bumming your scene posted:

So just every person that runs for judge gets to be judge I guess

When there is a judge vacancy, the governor nominates someone, they serve until the next general election. Then the voters approve/disapprove. If approved, they serve a 12 year term. If disapproved, there is a new judge vacancy and the governor nominates someone else.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

CopperHound posted:

I really hope 6,8,10, & 11 flip.

Jesus some of these look really loving dire. 10 & 11 :(

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Jesus some of these look really loving dire. 10 & 11 :(

11 was always going to pass, it was framed in ~lazy EMT workers TAKING breaks and letting muh life DIE while they eat A SUBWAY??? i am gods greatest gift! NO STOP THEM!~ way

6 going down now that non-chud precincts are coming in. pretty much expected since most people were against 6 when asked if they wanted to remove road funding. Xavier Bacerra did a loving slick power move and the way its framed mostly sunk that garbage prop.

real loving shame prop 8 is dead. I don't know what it is but apparently all californians go braindead when asked to support various drug pricing controls and reign in the 2000% pharma/medical profits

Xaris fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 7, 2018

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
eat poo poo McClintock

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FCKGW posted:

drat wrap it up CA we had a great run

Meh, only the most Hill Have Eyesiest counties (and Monterey) have reported in yet.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Gil Cisneros the Dem ffs beat Young Kim the GOP anti abortion student of Ed Royce. We of the 39th district depend on you.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

The precincts that have reported are not representative; current results have Cox beating Newsom by +2.

They're useful for seeing that if a conservative prop has failed already, it's probably going to fail harder once liberal areas report, but conservative things that are winning now may/will flip.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Bay Area precincts are now reporting, Newsom is solidly up, 6 has flipped to No. Still some scary stuff though: 1 is a No (:lol: these fucks will do anything to curb more housing) 8 and 10 are still No's, 11 still a huge Yes. Also Poizner is still leading for Insurance commissioner. :stare:

Please save us LA you are our only hope.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
If Poizner wins it’s gonna open the door for a lot of republicans to try and rebrand themselves as “independents.”

I hope he eats poo poo.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Xaris posted:

11 was always going to pass, it was framed in ~lazy EMT workers TAKING breaks and letting muh life DIE while they eat A SUBWAY??? i am gods greatest gift! NO STOP THEM!~ way

6 going down now that non-chud precincts are coming in. pretty much expected since most people were against 6 when asked if they wanted to remove road funding. Xavier Bacerra did a loving slick power move and the way its framed mostly sunk that garbage prop.

real loving shame prop 8 is dead. I don't know what it is but apparently all californians go braindead when asked to support various drug pricing controls and reign in the 2000% pharma/medical profits

the ads where a old guy literally says "if you vote yes you will kill me" and super effective

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It’s early but prop 10 isn’t looking great so far. gently caress this poo poo.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Prop 10 going down in flames.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

At least prop 5 looks like it's going down.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

3, 5, and 6 are ding dong dead but they took 8 & 10 with them while 11 escapes unharmed. And Feinstein wins her seat back (eat poo poo Feinstein). AND Kounalakis wins Lt. Gov. Even after we eliminated cash bail there is no justice in California.

lol that the early votes had Cox at +2. if he had actually been elected I'd be out of this state before the end of the year

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
imo the only surprise is that prop 5 failed and rest I pretty much had already expected those results. I actually expected that to pass given theres way too many boombers that are senior or becoming seniors that will want to go buh less taxxes for ME? ME? YES!

Actually I thought 3 might pass but its kinda lovely and dumb anyways so I'm glad it failed. really a doesn't matter prop and i think most people figured that

also get hosed de leon, you loving suck. he literally did nothing and just sat on his rear end the entire time vacationing in italy or whatever and still came close enough to getting rid of decrepit feinstein. what a loving waste

Xaris fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 7, 2018

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
At least 6 (boomers destroy the roads to hoard more money) and 5 (boomers make prop 13 even worse, somehow) are going down.

e: had the numbers reversed :doh:

FMguru fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Nov 7, 2018

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Xaris posted:

imo the only surprise is that prop 5 failed. I actually expected that to pass.

also get hosed de leon, you loving suck. he literally did nothing and just sat on his rear end the entire time vacationing in italy or whatever and still came close enough to getting rid of decrepit feinstein. what a loving waste

He absolutely got paid off for this, guarantee it.

FMguru posted:

At least 5 (boomers destroy the roads to hoard more money) and 6 (boomers make prop 13 even worse, somehow) are going down.

got those backwards but yes

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Feinstein is 85? Pretty good chance someone accidentally breaks her last horcrux and she doesn't even come close to finishing the term.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Panfilo posted:

Feinstein is 85? Pretty good chance someone accidentally breaks her last horcrux and she doesn't even come close to finishing the term.

The problem here is that the demilich's phylactery is very well hidden and most adventurers don't find it on the first try.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

:lol: this map of the senate race

maybe the coastal elite need to be taken down after all

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I wonder how many of these votes were by California republicans that voted de Leon not realizing he’s to the left of Feinstein.:lol:

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Brace yourselves, more Orange County results in 10ish minutes

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That same group voted No on prop 6 though!
https://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/maps/ballot-measures/prop/6

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wonder how many of these votes were by California republicans that voted de Leon not realizing he’s to the left of Feinstein.:lol:

almost certainly 90% of them

i'd take that sophie's choice

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
wrong thread

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

5 and 6 were probably the most important overall, so I'm glad they're doing down. 8, 10, and 11 are all extremely disappointing even if it's only 10 that affects me personally.

Still, combined with how things are going at the national level I'm moderately pleased tonight, which is something like a 1x10^86 point swing from where I was in 2016.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

what the absolute gently caress why is ricardo lara losing to steve poizner

i loving hate this timeline

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

what the absolute gently caress why is ricardo lara losing to steve poizner

Name recognition and the fact that he wasn’t registered as a Republican on the ballot I’m guessing. Centrist California dems are loving idiots.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SeANMcBAY posted:

Name recognition and the fact that he wasn’t registered as a Republican on the ballot I’m guessing. Centrist California dems are loving idiots.

hahaha this sucks man

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Prop. 11: Emergency Ambulance Employees on-call.

Yes — 63.3%
No — 36.7%

wowwww gently caress ya'll lol

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

wowwww gently caress ya'll lol

Californians care more about how much space a chicken gets than whether EMTs get breaks or if they have affordable housing.

Oneiros fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 7, 2018

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

California voters are dumb and the prop system remains a terrible way to enact public policy. In other news sky blue water wet.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
If I fall off my roof putting up Christmas lights I'll be sure my wife gives the EMTs a fruitcake since it might be the only calories they consumed in the last 14 hours :(

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Wicked Them Beats posted:

California voters are dumb and the prop system remains a terrible way to enact public policy. In other news sky blue water wet.

Not an emptyquote

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

With how hard the ambulance prop and the gas tax repeal bombed, I sometimes wonder if the most important thing is the name of the proposition and how the summary attached makes it sound. Talking to voters today I’m realizing how many of them just make up their minds at the polls.

Tacier fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 7, 2018

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It just kind of feels like that study "Testing Theories of American Politics: Elites, Interest Groups, and Average Citizens" in practice a bit lol because yeah okay I'm glad animals are slightly better off and that Prop 5 is dead but the Realtor Association already said they're going to go for Prop 5's tax break plus some extra poo poo in legislature regardless of how the prop works out and you know what they'll get what they want too. You can just predict election results based on who spent more money hideously accurately.

Tacier posted:

With how hard the ambulance prop and the gas tax repeat bombed, I sometimes wonder if the most important thing is the name of the proposition and how the summary attached makes it sound. Talking to voters today I’m realizing how many of them just make up their minds at the polls.

Yes absolutely. It's kind of scary how dumbfuck the average person is considering we're in a Democracy ostensibly. But that's by design, also. The fact that the schools most people's kids go to are gutted beyond belief isn't an accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

I wrote a FB post/voter guide and had multiple people tell me that they pulled it up today to figure out how to vote. Including people that I know got their ballots in the mail weeks ago.

People just don't want to have to think about this stuff (which is why they shouldn't be trusted with these decisions but oh well some 19th century progressive liked this system back when we had 1/50th the population so here we are).