Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
and what happened to dave weigel that turned him into such an aggressive shithead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Apparently the D&D thread is going on about "DEMOGRAPHICS!!" and saying that rural areas are abandoned to Republicans

Gee I wonder if there's some sort of economic policy or message that would resonate with people who are not wealthy or struggling as jobs become increasingly difficult to come by outside of cities. ....hm nope guess I'll just give up and hope that in 40 years, the demographic changes do all the work for me

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Skypie posted:

Apparently the D&D thread is going on about "DEMOGRAPHICS!!" and saying that rural areas are abandoned to Republicans

Gee I wonder if there's some sort of economic policy or message that would resonate with people who are not wealthy or struggling as jobs become increasingly difficult to come by outside of cities. ....hm nope guess I'll just give up and hope that in 40 years, the demographic changes do all the work for me

it's real astonishing in light of some of the races that turned dem too like what the gently caress

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Skypie posted:

Those people are terrible racists and we shouldn't appeal to them.

The terrible racists that live in the suburbs, however, are another story entirely.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1060021377305112576
like come the gently caress on look at this

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Move to CO my friend. I did, and it worked out okay.

no we’re full thanks

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
now that the 2020 primary has begun everything should be going back to normal

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Spergin Morlock posted:

WA is not bad, it's temperate. rarely freezes or gets too hot

I got friends going that way in a few years if all goes well and one plan is to just hitch in with them and try to find something.

other plan is just to join a vihara and leave the secular life.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

KiteAuraan posted:

I got friends going that way in a few years if all goes well and one plan is to just hitch in with them and try to find something.

other plan is just to join a vihara and leave the secular life.

if ur planning on being homeless washington is a good state for it. when i was a science hobo for the state one of my coworkers just lived on a public beach surfing on his off days and so long as he moved his car like 5 ft away from where it was yesterday it was legal

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

Those people are terrible racists and we shouldn't appeal to them.

The terrible racists that live in the suburbs, however, are another story entirely.

It's lovely that people think rural America is some sort of cultural monolith, as if everyone outside city limits is a drooling inbred racist homophobe while all those in the city are morally superior

There's blue voters in all counties so why the gently caress would you not try to expand that margin if you wanna run for office

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Skypie posted:

It's lovely that people think rural America is some sort of cultural monolith, as if everyone outside city limits is a drooling inbred racist homophobe while all those in the city are morally superior

There's blue voters in all counties so why the gently caress would you not try to expand that margin if you wanna run for office

tbf whenever the democrats try to do it instead of just talking about how their politicies would help their lives they just say "WHAT IF IM RACIST WILL U VOTE FOR ME THEN" then act betrayed when no one votes for them

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Relin posted:

maybe these posters just starting following politics after trump won so they arent like aware of how politics works in america

Some are young/college-aged, but most are just white guys who immediately transitioned from college to a high-paying professional career, which basically results in being insulated from having to think seriously about things like politics.

spacetoaster posted:

Holy poo poo the DnDers are all talking suicidal poo poo again.

And saying republicans are a dead party because "demographics" will allow the democrats to win forever in just a few years.

I'm honestly stunned and disturbed at how much those people like Beto O'Rourke. I think it's largely a function of the forum being strongly skewed towards higher-income white folks.

One of my greatest fears is that, when government control inevitably shifts back to the Democrats in 2-6 years, we just do a repeat of the Obama years, and someone like Beto would guarantee that outcome.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Wait, why are the DnDers suicidal, were they expecting the Senate to flip or something? Lol

This is about as good as it was going to get, especially with gerrymandering and voter suppression. If you believe in the system how is this a bad outcome?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Agean90 posted:

tbf whenever the democrats try to do it instead of just talking about how their politicies would help their lives they just say "WHAT IF IM RACIST WILL U VOTE FOR ME THEN" then act betrayed when no one votes for them

Dems are so bad at messaging.

The Illinois governor had a slogan of "Let's Save Illinois!" Dude was the incumbent. Save it from what, dipshit, you????

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
destiny demographics, tho

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said

Skypie posted:

Liberal smugness means that working class people don't deserve economic justice if they don't have the correct opinions.

"Little Billy, I;m so sorry you only eat once a day, at school with the free lunch you're entitled to for being so poor, but your father owns a MAGA hat."

Helping that family means "appealing to racists" so it's forbidden. But it's just a cover for them being afraid of more people having class consciousness and demanding things that would necessitate regulation, nationalization, and taxation.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Office Pig posted:

and what happened to dave weigel that turned him into such an aggressive shithead

hes always been like that and hes always sucked

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/rgay/status/1060007886645018624

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Sedge and Bee posted:

Wait, why are the DnDers suicidal

Oddly enough, tradition.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i can't believe that the electoral geniuses behind 2016 completely hosed up the 2018 election

i guess we have no other option but to give them another try for 2020

show your belly 2020

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

trying to go to sleep and this poo poo ain't helping

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

scott walker retire bitch rest in piss you fucker

https://twitter.com/DanielBice/status/1060053356360724480
https://twitter.com/DanielBice/status/1060055933714345990

Wraith of J.O.I. fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Nov 7, 2018

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said

wakanda in the location. peak "woke liberal"

THS
Sep 15, 2017

D&D posters are suicidal because they refuse to accept the immortal science

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

THS posted:

not wrong

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Lol Andrew Gillum lost. He kinda deserved it for acting progressive in the primaries, getting Bernie's support and campaigning for him. Then pivoting to center and having Joe Biden do the stumping in the general. Hah get hosed.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

THS posted:

I was before I accepted that, and God. Also, Gillum deserved it for stabbing the progressives in the back.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dirk Pitt posted:

Lol Andrew Gillum lost. He kinda deserved it for acting progressive in the primaries, getting Bernie's support and campaigning for him. Then pivoting to center and having Joe Biden do the stumping in the general. Hah get hosed.
obama also really rode to the rescue on that one

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

The greatest politician in a generation.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

really queer Christmas posted:

https://twitter.com/Green_Footballs/status/1060016076027654145

me, looking up from my medical debt: so glad the puppet drmupf is gonna get owned

right???

just lol that succ dems are touting this as a major score bc of hearings & investigations instead of promoting anything that would affect people's lives in a positive way.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I really love how everyone he personally went to bat for crashed and burned.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Matt Zerella posted:

Mccaskill, Donnelly, Heitkamp

, Nelson, Tester (MT just went red with 55 percent of the vote in)

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

I really love how everyone he personally went to bat for crashed and burned.

all of em? :pray:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Willa Rogers posted:

right???

just lol that succ dems are touting this as a major score bc of hearings & investigations instead of promoting anything that would affect people's lives in a positive way.

Boils my rear end to see them smugging it up about how it actually owns that Dems underperformed.

E: wtf is going on with my av lol

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well hey I haven't checked any news alerts or turned on the TV or read anything online, but I want to wish the #bluewave many combolations and I'm glad that now this country can return to normalcy and decorum will rule over all. Amen.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

WampaLord posted:

E: wtf is going on with my av lol

i think thats how PPJ does people a favor

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

eat poo poo fucker

https://twitter.com/henryjgomez/status/1060062401742168064?s=21

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Kevin de Leon lost, naturally, but hes got a bomb-thrower's instinct and there's lots of room for a crazy fucker in California politics

Godspeed, You! Lion of Westlake!

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
What's succ's take on Tony Evers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Odd Mutant posted:

What's succ's take on Tony Evers?

The one ad he ran over and over and over was "Wisconsin's roads suck, you and your coffee deserve better." with footage of a coffee spilling in a cupholder.

He's not amazing but he'll be fine. His background in education gives him the chops to un-gut our previously top 5 in the nation school system.