Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/joshuabadge/status/1060070699258134533

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirtgolem
Dec 22, 2011

Wounds are always fresh and so the scabs are never dry
Gutter is the place in which we choose to live our lives
Square inside a circle is the symbol in my eye
Home is where the gutter is and this is where I'll die

yeah but isn't most food organic (except airline food)

dirtgolem
Dec 22, 2011

Wounds are always fresh and so the scabs are never dry
Gutter is the place in which we choose to live our lives
Square inside a circle is the symbol in my eye
Home is where the gutter is and this is where I'll die

Oh gently caress me I could barely read that this morning, with my eyes rolling so hard

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
The horses owner and trainer were inconsolable, they loved the colt and treated it as well as their children

Someone call CPS please, I’m pretty sure it’s not legal to whip your children and execute them when they aren’t able to work

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Lid posted:

This is good policy

Naming and shaming appeals to our inner bloodthirsty vulture, but I think we should prioritise preventing bad directors from getting away with ripping off others.

There's been plenty of cases - particularly in industries like construction - where owners wind up the business, not pay anyone's super, then open up again a month later under a different name. Stopping those people should be enough.

Though I dunno, maybe? If they keep changing their name or have a bunch of associates or aliases?

froglet fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Nov 7, 2018

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

The Peccadillo posted:

No way it's not the cum of a lunatic

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-07/flinders-medical-centre-food-contamination/10474390

ABC posted:

Ms O'Neill said the contaminant was a "solid, organic-looking product" and was "very obvious".
:itwaspoo:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

this_didnt_happen.txt

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Do-gooders etc

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

The horses owner and trainer were inconsolable, they loved the colt and treated it as well as their children

Someone call CPS please, I’m pretty sure it’s not legal to whip your children and execute them when they aren’t able to work

Stop giving ScoMo policy ideas

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
TIL that the Royal Childern's Hospital has Meerkats. That made my day happier seeing them.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

quote:

We’ll never know what the horse thought.

But you could tell by the way he used to nuzzle his head on the shoulder of his stablehand he trusted those who looked after him.

And it was clear by the way he used to get jumpy when he couldn’t join the other horses for trackwork, or the way he walked with an extra pep in his step on raceday, that he loved to race.
:horse:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

This is up there with being reincarnated as an F11

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
On the other extreme we have David Attenborough, worthless traitor of environmentalism

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/nov/07/david-attenborough-world-environment-bbc-films

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GotLag posted:

https://www.acma.gov.au/Home/Citizen/Phones/Landlines/Reduce-unwanted-calls/emergency-call-service-faq-i-acma

I guess it's possible that a mobile phone could call 000 if you typed in 911/999 and hit the call button, but if that's the case it probably depends on the manufacturer and model.

This must be what I'm thinking of. Thanks.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Lid posted:

On the other extreme we have David Attenborough, worthless traitor of environmentalism

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/nov/07/david-attenborough-world-environment-bbc-films

I love Attenborough but this aspect of his work (especially in the last couple of decades) is absolutely a serious issue.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/1060032433620312064

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Canberra is for nerds

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

Jonah Galtberg posted:

I love Attenborough but this aspect of his work (especially in the last couple of decades) is absolutely a serious issue.

Yup.

The right likes to talk about how precious and fragile the lefties are these days, but I bet they'd be all for censorship if television shows and the loving races gave everyone a sobering cup of reality.

If the tarp wasn't brought up around the poor horse and they didn't use a specially silenced gun and they broadcasted in HD the horse being shot, I can almost guarantee more people would be against betting on horses for fun.

If David Attenborough took an unflinching look at the forests being destroyed and animals being butchered for bush meat by people who are starving after being evicted from their ancestral lands because of the unending march of capitalism and reefs bleaching until they're dead, people would demand action now.

Attenborough is a coward who spreads false hope and wonder to the next generation.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Today he also fobbed off a question from an abc journo as being "a question from the Labor party". It was actually asked by a liberal voter in Rockhampton about party instability and surety of his vote.

not sure if being dismissive is part of his rip curl strategy?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Can't think where he got the idea to treat the media as the enemy from.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
scomo sucks rear end, there i said it

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Rather than reading the article I'm just going to pretend it says that the horse was a oval office and had it coming.

Also, does anyone know what paper published a front page Scomo hagiography using a close up his face and the slogan "We can all be winners"? I saw it posted up on the wall at a news agency but didnt have time to stop and check it out.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Comstar posted:

TIL that the Royal Childern's Hospital has Meerkats. That made my day happier seeing them.

They also take the elephants for a walk through the park and past the windows of the hospital now and again.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Moon Atari posted:

Also, does anyone know what paper published a front page Scomo hagiography using a close up his face and the slogan "We can all be winners"? I saw it posted up on the wall at a news agency but didnt have time to stop and check it out.

The Monthly had that cover, but it's not a positive story about him in the slightest.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

froglet posted:

Yup.

The right likes to talk about how precious and fragile the lefties are these days, but I bet they'd be all for censorship if television shows and the loving races gave everyone a sobering cup of reality.

If the tarp wasn't brought up around the poor horse and they didn't use a specially silenced gun and they broadcasted in HD the horse being shot, I can almost guarantee more people would be against betting on horses for fun.

If David Attenborough took an unflinching look at the forests being destroyed and animals being butchered for bush meat by people who are starving after being evicted from their ancestral lands because of the unending march of capitalism and reefs bleaching until they're dead, people would demand action now.

Attenborough is a coward who spreads false hope and wonder to the next generation.

I get the exact impression you haven't watched Attenborough or saw him speak since 2006.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Monthly had that cover, but it's not a positive story about him in the slightest.

Oh, that's good. I'm pessimistic enough about the state of Australian media and it looked so much like a campaign ad that I assumed the slogan was being endorsed.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/BetootaAdvocate/status/1059953572002123776

quote:

EUTHANISE RESPONSIBLY: After providing written evidence that their legal team had a quicker turn around than their app developers, the fun-loving larrikin of predatory online gambling was tragically euthanised yesterday afternoon.

This followed earlier reports that Sportsbet had crashed nationwide in the lead-up to the Melbourne Cup, the busiest betting event of the year.

Both problem gamblers and once-off punters who haven’t yet developed an addiction were left temporarily unable to place bets on their smartphone apps or computers for up to two hours leading into the biggest horse race of the year.

While the issues are believed to have been related to just some run-of-the-mill technical problems that most people would imagine a multinational sports betting company might have been prepared for, some punters have claimed that winning bets placed prior to the meltdown have since been refunded without explanation, other than the damage control ‘scheduled upgrade’ notification they received from midday right up until the jump.

In what is considered arguably worse than not being of any use for the two hours of the year that would validate its existence, Sportsbet later revealed that they are not particularly fond of having these issues highlighted, even in a jovial manner, after sending a stern legal letter to the editors one of Australia’s oldest and favourite regional newspapers.

:eyepop:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Moon Atari posted:

Oh, that's good. I'm pessimistic enough about the state of Australian media and it looked so much like a campaign ad that I assumed the slogan was being endorsed.

There is a grab quote in the article that reads "We can all be winners, if we just agree not to talk about the losers". The underlying thread of the piece is that Morrison tries to please everyone without actually committing to things and tries way too hard to seem like a Good Bloke.

I think they were trying to grab the left-wing audience's attention with the cover but missed the mark.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

Lid posted:

I get the exact impression you haven't watched Attenborough or saw him speak since 2006.

I admit I have a minimal attention span and haven't seen any of his stuff all the way through (not for the lack of trying), but all I've ever seen was sweeping shots of wildernesses, perhaps the occasional animal death of natural causes (besides various animals choking on plastic), and that's it.

No call to arms, very little showing the utterly hosed poo poo people do. So very British and twee.

Yeah yeah he talks about ending plastic but I don't think he's ever gone "hey see this forest I filmed in 15 years ago? Here it is now filled with cows. The new residents cut down all the trees and shot any of the indigenous people who tried to stop them".

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Attenborough stars in and sells an inoffensive product people generally want to watch to relax. He is not a misery salesman and never will be.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Well he should be.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

froglet posted:

no, the sport would then suddenly become popular with insane chuds who want blood and different trainers & fields would begin one upping each other with the size of the firearm used until in 50 years time we are publicly executing horses with AA cannons.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Attenborough stars in and sells an inoffensive product people generally want to watch to relax. He is not a misery salesman and never will be.

"And on your left, you will see our happy indentured servants, enjoying their beautiful wonderful lives"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hooman posted:

"And on your left, you will see our happy indentured servants, enjoying their beautiful wonderful lives"

He could teach the Australian and Nauruan governments a few things about presentation for sure.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

poo poo did anyone mention that Leyonhjelm has been ordered to pay SHYs current costs and the case is proceeding?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

poo poo did anyone mention that Leyonhjelm has been ordered to pay SHYs current costs and the case is proceeding?

Yeah, I think on the previous page. Lionhat has gotta be foaming from the mouth at the moment. Good.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

JBP posted:

Ahahahahahahahaha.

I mean, defamation law is loving stupid, but while we've got it gently caress Lionhat.

There's an article in The Guardian today about how a red meat tax is needed. It's never going to happen in Australia, I reckon - Big Sheep would be against it even if it meant they'd still be making fat profits on fewer animals.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Put a 90% tax on meat

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

bowmore posted:

Put a 90% tax on meat

No jokes they suggest putting a 110% tax on the stuff in Australia.

(Well, processed meat, a lot less for unprocessed).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

froglet posted:

No jokes they suggest putting a 110% tax on the stuff in Australia.
that sounds fine to me