Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

snergle posted:

Yes its totally the pidgeon. Not your non denominational crazy church.

:eyepop:

Thats a new one for me. Can't wait for her to trap some dude with the you cant even get pregnant if we do it under water

The insane bit about it is that the writer is the man and is clearly very jealous of this baby pigeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

blarzgh posted:

Did everyone miss the part where the trip is a whole fuckin year away?

You can take care of your kids for a week and change by yourself it's not that hard. And she didn't "spring it on him", she told him about it A YEAR IN ADVANCE and he lost his pouty little rear end about it like a baby.

Most of the time when married couples go on trips, both of them are aware of the trip in the planning stages, even if only one of them is going, because marriages are partnerships.

As people have pointed out, this one stayed secret until she had already booked every detail, even the parts of it relating to him (the dog boarding and the babysitter), which were presumably there because she knew he wouldn't be happy and was trying to preempt his likely objections. She's playing innocent now ("I can't BELIEVE he's MAD that all I want to do is go on a trip a GIRLS' trip without him!!!") but this was absolutely intentionally set up to be a done deal by the time he'd have a chance to object. That's what people meant by "spring it on him".

ArbitraryC posted:

I feel like the post is pretty clearly vibing there are other issues and the fact that she felt the need to book literally every detail before discussing it with him is kind of a giveaway that something's off. Like the act of doing that is pretty obviously wrong so it feels like there was probably a reason she played it out that way.

Yeah this one is getting added to the "this couple should split up, not because of this incident but because of the underlying issues it hints at" pile IMO

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Adar posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/9ur3bs/my_22f_husband_26m_feels_as_if_hes_being/

Spot the buried lede!

He was 21 when he remarried a second 17 year old

This loving creep is getting tired of his second 17 year old who got old on him and is ready to start shopping for his third.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

tactlessbastard posted:

This loving creep is getting tired of his second 17 year old who got old on him and is ready to start shopping for his third.

in 7 years he'll marry the 17 year-old reincarnation of his first wife.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Fatkraken posted:

I assume it's an Autism thing, some autistic people experience extreme sensitivity to certain kinds of touch, which can include being immersed or doused in water. The weird obsession with his sister's experience, her tight clothes versus his (presumably) loose ones might also be related to that, he found loose clothes and wetness uncomfortable but assumes she would find TIGHT clothes pleasant and is resentful of that. The hair thing I have no idea other than it being another weird fixation, and his inability to grasp why no one else in the thread understands the problem I guess is just another autism thing.
He had a day off from school and is mad he spent it at the doctor's office. He doesn't like showering, but he got up late and was told he could skip showering. He then had to get in water anyway and is mad at the (perceived) bait and switch.

He doesn't like tight clothes, but has heard of or seen his sister or other girls/women deliberately wearing tight or revealing clothing for inexplicable :females: reasons. If she'd held her hair up like in a shower he might have conceded that the showerlike situation might have outweighed her joy at wearing tight clothing, but since her hair was down she obviously must have been enjoying it.

So not only did he have to spend his day off at the doctors in tight clothes in water after being deceived into thinking he wouldn't have to get wet today, but his sister got to spend a whole 8 minutes in tight clothes and she didn't even have to hold her hair up.

:goonsay: :spergin:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Jose posted:

The insane bit about it is that the writer is the man and is clearly very jealous of this baby pigeon

Did I miss something where maybe they live far apart or something? Why doesn’t he just go visit with her and the pigeon instead of just passive aggressively texting?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Super Grocery Kart posted:

Did I miss something where maybe they live far apart or something? Why doesn’t he just go visit with her and the pigeon instead of just passive aggressively texting?

If these people were any good at working things out in person they wouldn't be posting to r/r in the first place

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Splicer posted:

He had a day off from school and is mad he spent it at the doctor's office. He doesn't like showering, but he got up late and was told he could skip showering. He then had to get in water anyway and is mad at the (perceived) bait and switch.

He doesn't like tight clothes, but has heard of or seen his sister or other girls/women deliberately wearing tight or revealing clothing for inexplicable :females: reasons. If she'd held her hair up like in a shower he might have conceded that the showerlike situation might have outweighed her joy at wearing tight clothing, but since her hair was down she obviously must have been enjoying it.

So not only did he have to spend his day off at the doctors in tight clothes in water after being deceived into thinking he wouldn't have to get wet today, but his sister got to spend a whole 8 minutes in tight clothes and she didn't even have to hold her hair up.

:goonsay: :spergin:

Ah, I see we have someone fluent in 'tistic.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I could only read three of his circular posts there before giving up, thanks for the insight

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Stupid joke I (32F) made really upset my husband (35M)

quote:

My husband and I have been married for four years.

I should probably start off by saying that he is on the smaller side down there - like 4.75” - this I important to the story.

Over the weekend we and another couple went out for some drinks and on the Uber ride home I really hosed up.

This mega douche pulled up to our car in one of those lifted pickup trucks with Republican and NRA and American flag stickers. Fucker revved his engine and sent black soot all up in the air.

Drunkenly and stupidly I said “wow imagine having such a tiny dick like that guy... loving loser wonder what he’s compensating for”.

My husband immediately shot me this look while the other couple cracked up hilariously.

The laughter soon faded and the other couple noticed that my husband was still giving me the death stare.

Then, the other lady in the car drunkenly adds - “wow find the guy with the tiny dick!!” And then laughter resumed.

I even laughed despite not wanting to. I feel so loving lovely.

My husband didn’t speak a word to me when we went home and it’s continued even until now. He has even slept on the couch the last few nights.

I’ve tried to kiss him and even apologize but he won’t have any of it.

He even showed me a text from his male friend that night who said “hey bud if you have a small one you’re not any less of a man... just don’t run out buy a truck or a gun or I’ll disown you lmao”

What the hell do I do?! I am such an idiot.

TL;DR: I made a joke about a loser in a lifted truck having a small penis and now my husband, who has a small penis is fuckin pissed at me... 😢

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

guy should join the NRA, NRA won't judge if you got a stubby chubby

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 7, 2018

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

well that guy played himself

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

what a [small] wienie

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

tactlessbastard posted:

Ah, I see we have someone fluent in 'tistic.
It is my gift. It is my curse.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Straight White Shark posted:

Honestly dick-size jokes are super immature at best and active contributors to toxic masculinity at worst, but this is still the guy's own fault for reacting like that, because the initial joke was about somebody else's dick

Even if your dick isn't fear-inducingly humongous like mine, nobody else can tell until you pout like a child at a joke about somebody else's dick

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Buy him a truck.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

loquacius posted:

Honestly dick-size jokes are super immature at best and active contributors to toxic masculinity at worst, but this is still the guy's own fault for reacting like that, because the initial joke was about somebody else's dick

Even if your dick isn't fear-inducingly humongous like mine, nobody else can tell until you pout like a child at a joke about somebody else's dick

the initial joke was "tiny-dicked guys are losers". He's aware of his own size and now he's aware of what his wife thinks of him because of it, he's not upset because his clever normal-dick ruse has been exposed.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I believe the initial joke was that dudes with big lifted trucks have small dicks, a true fact

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Rape by Deception (California)

quote:

California.

Long story short - met a woman at a bar a few months ago. Hit it off about some legitimate mutual interests, before the conversation pivoted to more political and lifestyle oriented topics.

I lied about quite a few things (political party affiliation and beliefs, religion, dietary choices, work, etc.) to convince her to sleep with me. Went well and we were casual hookups with each other for a while. Not sure if relevant, but the first 4 or 5 times we had sex we were both entirely sober, so no question of consent in that area.

She found out I lied about most everything and is accusing me of rape by deception, on the basis that she would have never consented had she known the real me.

Fair, but ethics aside I want to double check on the legal aspect of the situation.

I've stopped responding to her and have not been served with any papers. My understanding from Google is that rape by deception does not apply in this case, and is geared more towards pretending to be their significant other or spouse to coerce them into sleeping with you.

So 1) rape by deception, yea or nay? And 2) if served with papers, what kind of a lawyer should I hire?

Thanks.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

She equated having a tiny dick with being a loser and literally said that the dude in the truck prolly got a small dick as an insult to him

Like it's fair, saying someone has a tiny dick is such a common insult that it's hard to blame her for blurting it out, but like come on how would the husband not be insulted

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Blade Runner posted:

She equated having a tiny dick with being a loser and literally said that the dude in the truck prolly got a small dick as an insult to him

Like it's fair, saying someone has a tiny dick is such a common insult that it's hard to blame her for blurting it out, but like come on how would the husband not be insulted

she's a dipshit who torpedoed her relationship for a tired cliche joke

he's a dipshit who outed his tiny dick to a bunch of friends

they are a perfect match <3

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it's not that hard, I think most of us who were edgy kids in the 90s manage to not recycle the best of our sixth grade human being jokes around our gay friends. They're just not all that hilarious anymore unless you really do hold those homos in contempt.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Rape by Deception (California)

There was a case in Israel years ago where a guy said he wasn't a Muslim but then turned out to be a secret Muslim therefor a rape crime. But that's Israel...

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
Man, every time I begin to feel the slightest bit lonely, I just need to come back to this thread (or my memories lol) to remind me that people are garbage and relationships are, by and large, just one person exploiting another for some kind of gain. Thank you, thread, for keeping everything in perspective.

And everyone should always belittle men for physical inadequacies. It's inherently hilarious lol

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

the initial joke was "tiny-dicked guys are losers". He's aware of his own size and now he's aware of what his wife thinks of him because of it, he's not upset because his clever normal-dick ruse has been exposed.

Or maybe it’s just a common joke about people in showy vehicles being pathetic and had nothing to do with him

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
oh wait this is gbs I forgot

she was secretly insulting him, now let’s philosophize on how harmful small dick jokes are

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I have a lifted truck which I coal roll in. I needed a big truck to transport my humongous dick and balls around with me.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I'm hurt whenever there's a big dick joke :smug: :smug: :smug:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

My Linux Rig posted:

oh wait this is gbs I forgot

she was secretly insulting him, now let’s philosophize on how harmful small dick jokes are
But she didn't do it secretly. She insinuated small-dicked guys are losers. He did react in the worst way possible.

Also, I guarantee that guy that lied about everything to get laid is a Trump supporter.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

No, the joke was that guys who are self-conscious about their dicks buy huge trucks and guns to compensate for their perceived lacking. Which this guy then outs himself as one of those dudes by getting all polly pissypants about it.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
Really, her best response should have been "I'm sorry you're offended".

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Can I just laugh at how he can't keep his composure and set up the other vehicle perfectly to own him with their burn?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
This is an impressive amount of detailed analysis on the true intention of a fourth grade dick joke, bravo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Yawgmoth posted:

No, the joke was that guys who are self-conscious about their dicks buy huge trucks and guns to compensate for their perceived lacking. Which this guy then outs himself as one of those dudes by getting all polly pissypants about it.

God yes. It was a joke about insecure guys who overcompensate.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

drat a whole lot of Netflix censored-by-the-PC-police standup comedians ITT

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 7, 2018

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Maybe he wasn't offended because of the size of his dick, but that he had just bought a lifted truck and was super excited to show it off to her :shrug:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

duck trucker posted:

Can I just laugh at how he can't keep his composure and set up the other vehicle perfectly to own him with their burn?

no, only discussions about the immorality of small dick jokes are allowed!!!!!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
He should have countered with "well I do have a tiny dick as well, but I compensate by having a hot wife with huge honkers" and high-fived her imho

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
he should have then whipped it out and yelled “yeah well your boyfriend has a tiny dick, who’s the jerk now??????”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Simply Simon posted:

He should have countered with "well I do have a tiny dick as well, but I compensate by having a hot wife with huge honkers" and high-fived her imho

Now THAT'S some big dick energy.