Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

thatbastardken posted:

actually that's dumb as hell, something like 100 companies produce three quarters of all carbon emissions and trying to enforce individual vegetarianism instead of reining those companies in is pretty much doing capital's work for it.
Facts are dumb?

Let me know how you are going with opposing those 100 companies.

Where did I mention anything about enforcement?

If you care about the planet/poor people/animal rights stop eating meat. Just don't eat meat and claim you give a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Solemn Sloth posted:

A lot of people have been politically murdered by the abetzs

:gas:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Rommel never fought on the Eastern Front dumbass.

Clearly you've never played HoI 4

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Imagine being politically assassinated by Eric Abetz

It's an Abetz family trait

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Cartoon posted:

Facts are dumb?

If you care about the planet/poor people/animal rights stop eating meat. Just don't eat meat and claim you give a poo poo.

Personal responsibility owns! Check it out kids!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Cartoon posted:

Facts are dumb?

yeah sure dude, that's doing a great job of convincing me. the only ethical stance possible is to die and be eaten by scavengers before you're decomposing corpse emits too much methane, don't pretend to care about anything if you're still alive.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I hope my female sexual and emotional partner doesn't decide she wants kids in 8 years when she becomes my age now. It will ruin my personal responsibility carbon offset scheme.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
If you don’t kill and aerobically compost yourself you are personally responsible for climate change imo

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

When I am PM I will compel the cattle farmers to hook up big hoses to the cows butts to harvest the methane and convert it into biofuel. This will come at a cost for consumers, thereby satisfying everyone

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

If you care about the planet/poor people/animal rights stop owning a motor vehicle that combusts petrol, drawing electricity produced by burning coal, using batteries made out of rare earth minerals dug up from where rainforests used to be or existing in general I agree.

Let us all cease to exist

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
the only ethical course of action is to butcher cartoon and feed him to bowmore

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

"What will you do with all the cow poo?" you ask

Well, we've gotta do something with NSW, might as well store the poop there

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Last page :ssh:

I don't think BBJoey was cheering for it my friend

I know, I was agreeing with him

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I felt guilty for like two seconds when I saw that this brand of instant ramen I like uses palm oil, but gently caress me its tasty

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

bell jar posted:

"What will you do with all the cow poo?" you ask

Well, we've gotta do something with NSW, might as well store the poop there

Gather the poo into a huge tower to rival Babel, and then nominate it for preselection in the NSW Labor Party

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Aesculus posted:

If you care about the planet/poor people/animal rights stop owning a motor vehicle that combusts petrol, drawing electricity produced by burning coal, using batteries made out of rare earth minerals dug up from where rainforests used to be or existing in general I agree.

smart_guy_comic.jpg

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Turn meat lovers into literal meatlovers (pizzas)

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

bell jar posted:

I felt guilty for like two seconds when I saw that this brand of instant ramen I like uses palm oil, but gently caress me its tasty

the food industry has drastically reformed in the last couple of years regarding palm oil. If you do your research on a given major brand, chances are they have identifiable sources of palm oil that do not involve mass deforestation and orangutangicide. IDK about ramen companies but I recently found out nutella has certified/sustainably sourced palm oil.

I mean, uh, there's no ethical consumption under capitalism. carry on, comrade.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

These morons.

We really need to start treating people who don’t “believe” in climate change the same way that you would treat someone who said that they don’t believe in gravity. Like an ignorant anti-science lunatic.

You can choose not to believe in gravity if you like, but it exists and you’re still going to feel the effects of it. Same with climate change. It’s not a religion, it’s not about believing or not believing. It’s a scientific fact.

I just hate that there is so little pushback on the idea of climate change needing to be something you “believe” in. I often consider how much this situation must parallel the days when Copernicus started saying that the earth revolves around the sun and not vice versa. It seems reasonable back then that people would originally not believe because of how strongly influenced society was by religion and how little general scientific knowledge existed in society. It seems incredible to me that over 500 years later we could possibly end up back in a position where belief and scientific fact are in conflict.

I'm not saying people should physically attack climate change deniers when they regurgitate their ignorant opinions, but,

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

thatbastardken posted:

yeah sure dude, that's doing a great job of convincing me. the only ethical stance possible is to die and be eaten by scavengers before you're decomposing corpse emits too much methane, don't pretend to care about anything if you're still alive.

Aesculus posted:

You can tell from how aggrieved they act that assholes like this will never do anything that might put themselves out. Its incredibly obvious all their blather about the poor and capital are excuses to avoid ever doing anything thenselves

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The most scientifically sound and effective solution to climate change is to just kill 5 billion humans, it's that easy.

e: and consume the bodies of course, waste not want not

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I want a NSW spill

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

thatbastardken posted:

actually that's dumb as hell, something like 100 companies produce three quarters of all carbon emissions and trying to enforce individual vegetarianism instead of reining those companies in is pretty much doing capital's work for it.

You know those 100 companies aren't just producing pollution for the fun of it, right? They're producing those emissions to meet the demands of first world consumers. Without drastically reducing our consumption even ridding ourselves of capitalism won't magically stop the emissions from those companies.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

You can tell from how aggrieved they act that assholes like this will never do anything that might put themselves out. Its incredibly obvious all their blather about the poor and capital are excuses to avoid ever doing anything thenselves

oh sure mate, what sacrifices have you made on the altar of purity today? still using electricity? living in a house? what a loving hypocrite.

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy

Solemn Sloth posted:

A lot of people have been p̶o̶l̶i̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ murdered by the abetzs

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

You know those 100 companies aren't just producing pollution for the fun of it, right? They're producing those emissions to meet the demands of first world consumers. Without drastically reducing our consumption even ridding ourselves of capitalism won't magically stop the emissions from those companies.

most of them are fossil fuel companies, who have been inflating and controlling demand for their products for more than a century. supply and demand as a law of capitalism is incredibly flimsy.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Before Times posted:

I mean, uh, there's no ethical consumption under capitalism. carry on, comrade.
You don't say that without posting the image

Anidav posted:

I want a NSW spill

Go undermine your own state's Labor Party first before going after others

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

thatbastardken posted:

oh sure mate, what sacrifices have you made on the altar of purity today? still using electricity? living in a house? what a loving hypocrite.

Lmao. Eat less meat should i? Well you live in a house, probably :smugmrgw:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Anidav posted:

I want a NSW spill

I want your Gritty avatar

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Maybe we should just do what we can reasonably do to mitigate things. If you can't afford to cut out meat in general, just cut out red meat. If you can't afford to cut out red meat for whatever reason, then that's ok too. There's probably other stuff you can do but jfc don't make other people guilty because they can't make the same sacrifices as you for whatever reason.

It's like when the world was obsessed with cutting out plastic straws. There are lots of people who legit need them, so like, just have them available if someone asks for them and stop using them yourself if you're able to. It's not that hard to not be an rear end in a top hat about this stuff.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

You Am I posted:

You don't say that without posting the image

Go undermine your own state's Labor Party first before going after others

There's no ethical consumption under capitalism I chant while investing all my cash in nestle and Brazilian old growth

The Before Times posted:

Maybe we should just do what we can reasonably do to mitigate things. If you can't afford to cut out meat in general, just cut out red meat. If you can't afford to cut out red meat for whatever reason, then that's ok too. There's probably other stuff you can do but jfc don't make other people guilty because they can't make the same sacrifices as you for whatever reason.

It's like when the world was obsessed with cutting out plastic straws. There are lots of people who legit need them, so like, just have them available if someone asks for them and stop using them yourself if you're able to. It's not that hard to not be an rear end in a top hat about this stuff.

Hypocrite, how much electricity did you use to post this?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

There's no ethical consumption under capitalism I chant while investing all my cash in nestle and Brazilian old growth

Hypocrite, how much electricity did you use to post this?

posted from my iphone (actually I can't afford an iphone but w/e)

IDK, disposable tampons, nappies and sanitary pads are a huge source of pollution; but I'm not about to tell people they shouldn't use them just because *I* am able to avoid using them.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Before Times posted:

Sorry Mith, it's all or nothing

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Lmao. Eat less meat should i? Well you live in a house, probably :smugmrgw:

sorry, i was responding to this dumb poo poo when you jumped in:

quote:

if you want to go to the mat for the sanctity of Cartoon telling all bloodmouths they can't be progressive owing to their lack of purity then fine, but it's a stupid exclusionary position to take.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I prefer "carnist"

But realtalk, I feel like Bloodmouths would be a really sick metal band

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

its actually incredibly easy to be an rear end in a top hat about it, see: Cartoons post.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"we are the Bloodmouths and this is 'gently caress the future, I have a b12 deficiency!'"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Anyone that has worked in food service will attest to the fact that you will pry a boomer's red meat from his cold dead hands or he will use his cold dead hands to swap his wife's manly red meat dish for his [gendered/sexist/homophobic slur] chicken or "rabbit food" salad.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i like red meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm into manly stuff like milk and plastic shopping bags.